Chapter 15

Pulling into her driveway, Dylan noticed a silver BMW parked in the drive and wondered if maybe she should have called first. No, she was there now and she was bound and determined to make this right, to admit to Devon her fear and explain what had happened three years ago.

Knocking on the front door even though she had the key Devon had given her, she felt it was more of a respect thing after the way they had left each other earlier. What if she didn't forgive her? Or even want to hear her out? Suddenly, Dylan heart's sunk and her mouth went dry.

When the door opened, Dylan was at first in shock wondering what Devon had done to her hair, but then she realized it was Selene, her twin.

"Hi Selene...is she here"? Dylan asked sheepishly, figuring that Selene had already heard the whole story.

"Good move with the roses," Selene nodded as she opened the door for her to come in, "but for future use, her favorites are calalillies..." She smiled then tilted her head toward the kitchen, "she's making cocktails."

Nodding, Dylan smiled and gave her a wink before heading into the kitchen, where Devon was standing at the counter with her back to the doorway, wearing a sleeveless coral colored mandarin neck style dress that fit her like a glove and nude double strap ankle high heels that made her mouth water. She looked like a Goddess! But, suddenly Dylan wondered why she had changed her clothes...when she had left her apartment earlier, she said she would be at home if Dylan changed her mind and wanted to talk!

Stepping up quietly, Dylan held the roses against her chest and waited for Devon to turn around.

"So who was at the..." Devon called out as she turned around to see Dylan standing there, "...door?" she finished as her eyes softened in surprise.

"That would be me." Dylan stated, melting as her beautiful eyes met hers. "I'm sorry Devon, I acted like a jackass and I'll explain if you'll give me five minutes of your time." She added seriously.

Catching her breath for a moment, Devon finally said, "Just answer me one question first..."

Nodding her head, she swallowed nervously, "Okay, ask me."

"What am I to you?" Devon asked seriously.

Looking even deeper into her eyes, Dylan felt her heart swell and then as she sat the roses on the counter she took hold of Devons wrists as she tried to convey her apology through her eyes before she even began the verbal part of it.

"You are the woman I've been waiting for my whole life..." Dylan stated sincerely hoping to mirror the words with her eyes, "The woman I love and very much intend to spend the rest of my life with."

Shutting her eyes for a moment, Dylan could see her body give a little and then as she opened her eyes again, Dylan could also see a glimmer of unshed tears and she prayed they were because she was happy.

"I love you too Dylan," She began sliding her arms around her neck, "and I'm sorry I over reacted."

"No, I should have just told you what's going on..." Dylan started but Devon covered her lips before she could say any more.

"It doesn't matter anymore darling." Devon whispered and then parted Dylan's lips with her tongue as she kissed her deeply.

Feeling Devon's tongue inside her mouth sent waves of pleasure through her body, and for a moment Dylan forgot that they weren't alone until she heard Selene's voice behind her.