Chapter 12

The next morning Dylan cooked Devon breakfast after making love to her again. She wasn't sure what it was about Devon and mornings but when she opened her eyes and saw this beautiful woman beside her, she felt an immediate desire. She also felt much better after talking with her last night about her feelings, especially when she had seen the fear on Devon's face after over-hearing her. Dylan felt like she could now move at her own pace since Devon had no expectations of what she should do.

After breakfast, they cleaned up and got dressed and then Dylan walked her downstairs to the parking garage. Since it was Sunday, Devon was headed home knowing that Dylan worked this one day of the week above all others, so after a rather lengthy goodbye kiss, Dylan said goodbye and told her she would call her later that evening.

Devon was absolutely thrilled with the direction, in which their relationship was going, and the fact that Dylan had communicated her worries to her was something that was almost extinct in most relationships, well, it had been in all of her past ones. At least she didn't regret saying she loved her! She couldn't believe how much that had hurt her when she had heard Dylan ask herself, what was she doing? Thank God, she had reassured her that going slow didn't scare her half as much as Dylan pushing her completely away.

The rest of the evening turned out to be uneventful for Dylan and she found herself for the first time actually not enjoying her time at the restaurant and longing to be with the incredible woman now in her life, so other than a rather lengthy sexy call to Devon around nine, that was the extent of Dylan's day and evening. The next morning however, Dylan got up and went to get a cashier's check to send to her Aunt Katie, in the hopes that this plan of her and Dylan's mother worked out.

Devon had told Dylan that she would be at the office most of the day but she'd be home by six, so even though they had talked at lunch and Dylan said she would be there around seven, she hadn't even left the restaurant until a quarter till and that was because she had a quick staff meeting to go over the upcoming week.

Taking the Harley, Dylan took the long way to Devon's. It had been a couple weeks since she ridden and it was such a beautiful night...It was actually close to eight-thirty by the time she finally got to Devon's and as she pulled her bike into the driveway she saw the garage door opening.

"What's this"? Dylan asked as she rolled into the garage after shutting the engine down and saw Devon standing in the doorway.

"I've been waiting for you." She smiled stepping into Dylan's arms even before she was off the bike.

"Well, that's nice," Dylan smiled pulling off her helmet and setting it on the seat, "and how did you know I'd be on my bike"? She asked curiously.

Laying her forehead against Dylan's, she frowned slightly, "Because, I tried to call you and when you didn't answer I called the restaurant...Lisa told me you had left on your bike around seven."

"I see, so you were worried." Dylan laughed lightly as a dark colored car drove by the house slowly.

Looking towards the slow moving vehicle, they both watched it curiously for a moment before Devon put a hand to the side of Dylan's face, "Of course, I was worried baby, it's almost eight-thirty, its dark and you were on your bike...besides that, I know exactly how long it takes to get from here to there." She told her as the car inched its way past.

Laughing lightly again, Dylan swung her leg over and stepped off the bike, "Well, I'm sorry I worried you but it was such a nice evening, I couldn't resist a short ride."