Chapter 18 part 1

*** For those of you that are actually trying to read this story, I'm sorry. I have no excuse. Well, I do, but I'm not going to give it because it doesn't matter. I've sat where you've sat and all I want is my next friggin' update so, okay...here it is, and heads up Ch. 18 is in 2 parts...thanks for reading. please vote and give me a some constructive advice if you feel like it! ******************

The next week went by in a sort of haze, Devon went back to work and Dylan got packed and got ready for her trip to Boston. Since she was going to be away from the restaurant and club for a few days, Devon agreed to stay with her at her place. Nothing else had actually been said about moving in together and that was fine with Dylan because she had enough on her plate right now anyway. Devon was being true to her word about not saying anything about Cassidy, even after she found out that she had been hired and Dylan began working with her off and on throughout the day. The only thing that Dylan even noticed was when Cassidy offered if they would need a ride or to be picked up from the airport and Devon had immediately said that wasn't necessary.

Wednesday morning Devon drove her to the airport and after giving her a long, soulful kiss on the curb in front of her airline, she told her she would see her Friday. She had already given Dylan all the information for her flight and since Dylan would be renting a car, she would be there waiting for her the moment she arrived.

When Dylan's plane arrived she surprised at how happy she was to see her Aunt Katie and her two cousins, Erin, who had just turned nineteen and Liam, who was twenty-two. She only wished her uncle Ian were still alive to see him as well.

After a long and excited talk about what had been going on in their lives, the conversation moved to Conner and the whole story about getting him out here. Dylan felt exhilarated being with her family and found her old Irish accent coming out again in full force; she was even speaking it unconsciously!

At supper time, Dylan brought up the fact that she would be picking up a friend from the airport and they would be staying at a hotel for the two remaining days.

"That's ridiculous, we have plenty of room." Aunt Katie had admonished her.

"No, I don't think you understand..." Dylan began clearing her throat to explain what "friend" meant.

"I understand perfectly leanbh." She stated with a knowing look.

Dylan laughed, she hadn't been called child since she lived here.

"She is perfectly welcome here, what's her name?" Aunt Katie asked, as she got up and began to clear the table.

Looking around the table, neither Liam nor Erin seemed to be bothered by this turn in conversation, so Dylan sighed and said, "Devon McKenna."

"Ah, so she is Irish as well." Aunt Katie smiled, and nodded over to Dylan's cousins with a wink. "So does she know her clan?"

Shrugging with a smile, Dylan said, "I don't know."

"Well, you must not be too serious, then." Aunt Katie stated in a thick Irish accent.

"Oh, come on mom, ease up on her..." Liam said, "We don't even know ours."

"We most certainly do!" Aunt Katie replied exasperatedly.

"Well, the other thing is," Dylan broke in before Aunt Katie could get started on one of her long speeches of how and where the McKay started, "even if you guys seem to be okay with my lifestyle, I don't even know if Conner has a clue, or how he will react to it." Dylan declared.