Stay with Me #Wattys2017

Autorstwa whiteflags330

The girl is Eliza Kelman, she's a music producer in Los Angeles and takes pride in her job. She loves to part... Więcej

Prolouge//Cover Cred
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Spin Offs

19

11 0 0
Autorstwa whiteflags330

When Chloe showed up it just like high school all over again. Whenever I went through a hard time, she would always be there for me. And that has never changed. I guess that's one of the main reasons why she's my best friend. Chloe showed up in her sushi pajamas and bright pink slipper boots. Before she came over, changed into my Peanuts Linus pjs and grey dinosaur socks. Haynes just put on black sweatpants and black pizza socks. Shirtless Haynes makes everything better.

Haynes decided to make us a few snacks. I'll be honest, Chloe and I probably aren't sleeping tonight. We're probably just going to put on some crappy movie and just talk all night. Also tonight, I don't really care is Haynes stays in or goes out. I already mentioned that to him. But as always, all he says is "I want to be there for you." And I'm okay with that, I just want him to feel like he has freedom. What happened to me sucks and I get why he would want to be by my side, but I also feel like he's not going to want a thing to do with me after spending all this time with me.

"So, how you holding?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know. I want to cry, but I can't."

She hugged me, "You can't force yourself to do something like that. Just let it come natural."

I nodded.

"So, what movie should we watch?"

"Any horribly unrealistic chick flick." I added.

"Oh, so your whole relationship with Haynes?" She questioned.

I rolled my eyes and we both laughed. Haynes brought out some snacks and his phone went off. He went into the other room to take it. I know what you're thinking, why is this phone call so important? Just trust me it is.

Chloe put in a random movie and we didn't talk about my dad. This is what happens when we have a sleepover, we completely avoid the thing we have to talk about until we both feel ready.

"Do you miss Haynes being a doctor?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Not really, he doesn't work crazy hours anymore. And it's like he's never working at his new job."

"That's cause he isn't." Chloe realized what she said and cover her mouth, completely regretting what she just said.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Not my place to talk about it." She added.

I let it go, but now I have to have another serious conversation with Haynes. I don't know why he likes to keep secrets from me that turn out to be huge deals. Haynes walked into the living with a big smile on his face. I pretended like I didn't just hear what Chloe said. I'll worry about that later.

"Do you mind if I head out for a bit?" Haynes questioned happily.

I looked at him a bit confused, "Uh, sure?"

"My best friend from med is in town for a bit, we're going to catch up at a bar."

I smiled, "Of course! Go for it. Just don't get shit faced."

"Oooo, that's a promise I don't think I can make."

"Why?" I asked slowly.

"His nickname in school was Party Pete."

"Okay, just be safe. Call a Lyft!" I said as he went into my room.

A few minutes later, Haynes came out wearing blue knee ripped jeans with a grey shirt that says Pokemon Trainer on it, a grey beanie and black converse. He smile and left. I turned to Chloe and we both laughed.

"Are you aware your boyfriend looks like a college kid?"

I nodded, "That's the thing about him. He can look 21 in something like that, but the second he puts on a suit he's a 30 year old man."

"Which is sexier? College kid or suit man?" Chloe questioned.

I gave her the "do you even know me?" Look. "Remember I told you that I hooked up with one of my professors and his TA."

"Oh yeah! I remembered that was the only class that your passed."

I nodded with pride and I don't think I should be proud of that, "I didn't ask for that."

"And now you're dating a guy-"

"Who's lying to me about his job." I know I said I was going to ignore it and save it for later. I just can't stop thinking about it.

"I'm sure he has a good reason for it." She added.

"What do you know?"

She shrugged, "I just overheard Lewis on the phone with him. I don't know the reasoning."

I know Chloe wouldn't lie to me about something like that. So, I should just move on from it and wait for a good moment to bring it up to Haynes.

"Plus, don't you have bigger things to worry about? Like a funeral?"

"I already have the band and the catering. What else do I need?"

"The people, family, friends."

"Right family. I already have you, Lewis, Gracie, Sabrina and Sam. Who else do I need?"

"Your aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, grandparents."

"Can I skip some cousins preferably one?"

"Oh my god. Are you still on this? He's your 2nd cousin and he kissed you in the first grade!"

"I was forced to go to his prom with him when I was 20. It was so embarrassing."

"No one knew you there."

"But it was ghetto as hell."

"I'll invite him right now." Chloe pulled out her bejeweled hot pink phone.

"Why do you have his number?"

"Someone has to keep your family updated about you." She called my cousin.

His name is Ethan by the way and he's 21. I was terrified when he turned 21 cause that kid with alcohol is not a mixture you want. He picked up. Chloe's on speaker.

"Hey, ma'lady, did you ditch that loser for me?" Okay. So, he looks like your average fuckboi. Justin Bieber looking and he acts like him too. You could probably imagine what he sounds like.

"Ew," Chloe glossed over it, "Eliza's having a funeral for her dad. I'll send the details, let everyone else know. Be there or be square."

She hung up, before he could say something cringy. I looked at her. She knows my pain.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Be there or be square, yet another great quote from Chloe Lewis." I added.

Well, for the rest of the night we just talked. It was mostly good memories about my dad, but I finally got to cry. I wasn't sobbing, but it was enough to get me ready for this funeral. Chloe always makes me feel better. I'm happy she's by my side for this. Without her, I'm sure what I would do. As for Haynes, I'm really happy he went with his friend. I saw that he started to get stressed out spending all his time with me. Which, I know this might sound weird, but I'm happy he was stressed. I don't know, it felt like we're in a healthy relationship. I mean spending every second of our lives together is insane. I can't imagine a couple that would like that. Even Chlo and Lewis can't spend all their time together.

Eventually we fell asleep on the couch, just like high school in my dad's house. That was best. And my dad loved when I had sleep overs, Chloe was always like his other daughter and we both got equal amount of attention. He was such an awesome guy. I'm happy I get to see him one last time before I say goodbye for good. Now I know it won't be the last time I talk to him, but it'll be the last time I get to see him person. It's such a weird feeling. But I'm not going to see his funeral as something sad, I'm going to see it as a celebration. I get to have one of his great parties one last time. Seriously, he would throw the best parties.

I'm not sure how long we were asleep for, but all I remember is waking from Haynes and his friend, Party Pete. They were wasted and trying to be quiet. But drunk person quiet is definitely not quiet. Chloe and I got up, we weren't annoyed, so must've gotten enough sleep.

"Oh man, didn't mean to wake you. Sorry babe." Haynes is drunk.

I have never seen him like this and it's kind of hilarious. Party Pete looks like a your average party kid in college. You know? The kid who never went to classes or did his work. Kind of like me. He was wearing grey skinny jeans, a black Ramones, black converse, a black SnapBack, bright red watch and a silver wedding ban. It was kind of confusing to me because a guy with the nickname Party Pete being married? Yeah, that's a bit strange.

Chloe and I walked up to Pete and Haynes, who are super wasted. Haynes just kind fell on me. I wouldn't have mind, you know if he wasn't twice the weight as me. Chloe helped me bring the two into my room. It's fine, wasn't going to sleep there anyways. They were both mumbling random things. Luckily for them they didn't say anything embarrassing. But after they passed out, Chloe and I fell asleep in the living room. Can't wait to officially meet Party Pete.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

11.1K 347 14
They've lived together; they've lived apart. Turns out you can miss someone terribly, even if they're just across the room. * * a/n: Most of the st...
259K 10.5K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
1.3M 43.2K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
66.4K 2.5K 101
Reverse Harem Aiden and Aly, childhood friends, being in a love-hate relation works for them. They live their lives as much as they can despite the...