His Harem, his women and his...

By Fionalibby

Through times we have heard unconventional love stories, there was 'Layla and Majnu' 'Romeo and Juliet' 'Jodh... More

His Harem, his women and his WOMAN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 part-one
Chapter 61 part-two
Author's note and a Thank you
Epilogue
Sequel / Book two

Chapter 20

8.4K 291 22
By Fionalibby

Not Edited

Within four moons Omeed and her group had made the journey from Turkey through Persia and Afghanistan into Hindustan. Where they planned on staying for a year or two. Before either going to Ming or Joseon dynasty.

The trip hadn't been smooth sailing for Omeed who lost her butler to an unknown illness before they left Afghanistan. The elderly man had been glad to spend the remainder of his days in Afghanistan where he was born.

Two other members of her staff dropped out of the trip a month into the journey stating they wanted to remain in Turkey with their family and friends. This had angered Omeed who quickly rounded up her staff and asked if anyone else wanted to quit.

By the time they reached Hindustan, there were only twenty of them. Along the way, as traveling merchants Omeed traded. She bought and sold whatever she thought she could profit from. Even deciding to learn new dances along the way in her free time.

Atash and Omeed kept regular contact with him updating her frequently. Omeed had been overjoyed when Atash spoke of his constant dealings with princess Zubaida. She was glad it meant that they had a passageway into the Persian royal family.

When they got to Hindustan, Omeed secured them a big home choosing to remain in Agra for the duration of their stay. She often traded with the Mughal empire, making new acquaintances much to Zoya's displeasure.

Zoya feared Omeed wouldn't want to leave Hindustan if she got too comfortable with the people and her life there. So she set about sabotaging Omeed's relationship and business wherever possible.

But Omeed had been too preoccupied learning new things to realise they had a traitor in their midst even as business gradually folded up in Agra. Or so Zoya expected and thought.

All Zoya wanted was for the trip to come to an end and for her to see Atash whom she hasn't seen in a little over a year. She got jealous when he spoke of princess Zubaida's ladies in waiting in most of his missives.

One evening during Feriha's routine stroll, she had heard a conversation between Zoya and a customer Omeed dealt with on a regular basis. As she listened in on the ladies, Feriha had been too shocked to confirm her suspicion deciding to confront Omeed on the issue.

"Omeed, there's something I need to talk to you about." Feriha said as she walked into Omeed's room then gently shut the door behind her.

"What is it Feriha? Whenever I hear you use those words it's usually a serious matter." Omeed teased.

"It's about your little maid Zoya." Feriha said with sarcasm etched on her voice as Omeed rolled her eyes. Things have gotten from bad to worse between Zoya and Feriha over time. When Omeed had confronted both ladies, she could only conclude they didn't like each other.

"Zoya? What has she done to offend you this time around?" Questioned Omeed as she took in the furious glare Feriha gave her. Omeed shuddered playfully sending Feriha a mock surrender.

"That girl is vicious and vindictive Omeed. I just heard her telling someone you sold fake goods and that your goods were too pricey." Omeed stared blankly as she listened to Feriha's accusation. "She's sabotaging you business Omeed."

Feriha sighed exasperatedly. She couldn't believe Omeed didn't trust her words. As she frantically tried to convince her she was being truthful. "I know." Omeed said in a low tone of voice Feriha could barely hear. "That's why we will be leaving this place soon."

"You knew? And yet you allowed her continue? My dear friend why haven't you sent her on her way?" Feriha questioned Omeed in quick succession.

"Worry not Feriha because Zoya wont be coming with us. I will be sending her back to Isfahan with a few others soon." Omeed smirked then said. "I don't want her getting suspicious so---" Omeed put her index finger to her sealed lips indicating for Feriha to keep quiet about it. 

"How long have you known?" Feriha asked suddenly. Even after four years as friends she still couldn't suss out Omeed's thinking. She was sometimes certain even Omeed couldn't comprehend her own thoughts.

"Longer than you can imagine, longer than Zoya would like?" Omeed said with a shrug of her shoulder.

"And yet you went about like nothing was amiss. You are one scary lady Omeed." Feriha said in awe. "In your position I would have had her hide and made nice shoes out of it." Seethed Feriha as she huffed and puffed. "How do you do it Omeed?" She asked Omeed expectantly.

"It takes a lot of training my dear friend, self control and most of all guts." Omeed replied as she giggled at the end of her response in regards to Feriha's query.

"Here we go again with the bragging. I practically just boosted you oversized ego again." Feriha answered sounding pathetic. "Are you sending her away because of what she has done?" Asked Feriha referring to Zoya

"It was never my intention for Zoya to follow me all the way. The same applies for a few servants. I was always going to have them join Atash once I was sure things were going smoothly in Isfahan." Omeed replied nonchalantly making Feria gasp.

"I'll send Zoya to Isfahan with a message for Atash asking them to go ahead and get married. And that I want to see a little Atash and Zoya running around when I get there." Muttered Omeed as she took in Feriha's confused stare.

"Why would you do that? What if Atah still doesn't want her?" Omeed laughed as she closed the gap between her and Feriha.

"He has to want her, I have done my part and done precisely what our parents would have done had they been alive today." Omeed said with a solemn expression. "You seem to forget they are my family servants and the responsibility lies with me to marry them off."

"Foolish me, I always forget that because of the relationship you share with them. They are truly lucky to have had you as their master." Feriha replied thoughtfully as she tapped her temple.

"I don't want to cut off the relationship we share on a sour note but I see no other way out. Rather than have three heartbroken individuals, one person should bear the brunt of it all." Omeed answered with a deep sigh.

"I don't understand Omeed." Omeed went on to explain she knew of Atash's feelings towards her and there was no way she would ever reciprocate his feelings for her. But she wanted to make Zoya happy. So whilst Atash's heart would be broken, Zoya would get her heart desire.

"That is really selfish of you Omeed." Feriha squeaked not believing her friend could be so devious.

"What would you expect me do Feriha? He wants me and I most definitely don't want him. Zoya has loved him all her life and she would make him happy." Omeed tried justifying her decision.

"He has a right to chose his love." Feriha cried out with tears streaming down her face. She was so upset her face had turned red.

"And have him choose me? You are jesting Feriha." Replied an astonished Omeed who couldn't believe her friend had even entertained the idea of her being courted by Atash.

"Everyone should have a right to be and choose who they want to be with." Understanding quickly dawned on Omeed. This was a sour topic as far as Feriha was concerned. Feriha's past hadn't given her the luxury to decide her fate hence this was a touchy subject.

"I am sorry Feriha if I upset you but could we talk about something else?" Omeed tried deviating from the tension filled discussion they just had.

The extent of hurt that shone in Omeed's eyes were paramount, yet Feriha could see Omeed couldn't wish ill on either Zoya nor Atash. Even though Zoya would spare no chance at antagonising her. Omeed still wished the best for the pair.

"Zoya, you and seven others will be leaving for Isfahan in a week's time to join Atash." Announced Omeed during dinner.

Zoya brightened up momentarily before she asked. "Are you not joining us lord Ahmed?" Zoya looked on hopefully.

"No I am not. A selected few will continue on this journey with me." Omeed stated with finality. She took in the victorious gleam in Zoya's eyes as she blushed furiously.

"My lord, I don't want to return to Isfahan without you."  "Let us stay behind and assist you." "Please my lord." Several servants argued. Omeed glowed with pride as she watched them argued back and forth. After a while, she raised her hand silencing the rowdy men and women.

"The trip to Ming dynasty is by boat and a treacherous one at that. Hence only the very fit amongst you will come with me. Which means myself, Lady Feriha, my sister and a few others. The rest of you must return to Isfahan at once where you'll assist Atash." They all nodded their heads in understanding.

"Zoya come with me!" Omeed ordered once she had finished her meal. "I have written a letter and I want you to deliver it in person to Atash.  Read it before I seal it up." Omeed handed the scroll to Zoya as she watched the young girl's expression.

It was a letter asking that Atash holds his end of the bargain and that Zoya want getting any younger. 2And that he should take special care of her. Omeed also made a long list naming all of Zoya's achievements and qualities. She told Atash  Zoya was a wife he should be proud of.

As Zoya beamed and gloat in Omeeds words she suddenly felt a pang of guilt. Not only has Omeed praised her, she has been good to her by allowing her study at a time when women were only good for child bearing and being a homemaker.

Omeed has broken all stereotype and norm by helping Zoya attain the unattainable. Very few servants got the luxury of being married since marriage meant children and children meant more mouths to feed. "Thank you my lady." Zoya whispered too ashamed to look in Omeed's eyes.

"Be happy Zoya, and you are a beautiful young lady so please always bear that in mind." Omeed sealed the scroll and handed it back to Zoya who clutched it to her chest like her life depended on it. Omeed forced a smile grateful to be ridding herself of Zoya and her spitefulness at last.

Once Zoya had bounced off to join the others, Feriha joined Omeed in her study. "Do you still think you've done the right thing Omeed?" She asked with shining eyes waiting for Omeed to respond.

"I don't know Feriha, but what I chose was the lesser of the evil." Omeed tried not to dwell on her decision but apparently, she had no such luck on her side. As her mind wandered around.

"How much do you know about me Omeed?"  Feriha's sudden question had taken Omeed by surprise.

"Not much, but I have always thought you'd tell me when you deem yourself comfortable to speak about it." Omeed answered. "I do sense you've been through hard times and a broken heart." added Omeed as she watched Feriha suddenly withdraw into herself.

Omeed knew Feriha carried an emotional scar from her childhood. "I will tell you someday and it would make you understand my reasoning behind lord Farzan."  A traitorous tear escaped Feriha's eyelid as she spoke of Farzan whom she secretly missed.

"And I will wait for that day my good friend but for now my bed calls out to me." Omeed teased Feriha.

With Zoya and seven others gone to Isfahan a week later, Feriha and Omeed decided to make a pilgrimage visit to Ajmer Sharif before she left Hindustan. "Why had I agreed to come with you is something I can't seem to fathom." Grumbled Feriha as they made their way to the shrine.

"I am not sure why I suddenly felt I needed to come here either Feriha. But something within me wanted me to." Omeed retorted slightly irritated by Feriha's constant complains. Feriha  quickly kept her mouth shut not wanting to aggravate Omeed any further.

As they made their way outside after their prayers, someone tapped Omeed on the shoulder making her jerk in surprise. Turning towards the perpetrator, Omeed gasped seeing the familiar face that saved her life all those many years ago on the street of Isfahan.

Too taken aback for words, all Omeed could do was gawk at him as he smiled back at her. "Child you have grown into a young woman." He complimented Omeed  who just stared at him wide eyed. "Do you plan on staring at me all day or are you going to great this old man?" He teased Omeed .

Finally breaking out of her reverie, Omeed embraced him as she greeted the Imam who had told her she needed to live, she had to survive because she mattered. Tears flowed freely from Omeed's eyes much to Feriha's surprise. She had old ever seen Omeed shed tears once and that was along time ago.

"Child didn't I tell you not to seek revenge?"  The Imam asked Omeed with a glare. "Revenge will only bring you indescribable pain and loss. I told you to let it go and that you have a purpose in life."

Omeed chewed her lips nervously as he told her off. It brought a warm sensation to Omeed who hadn't had an authoritative figure in her life since her parents death. "You want me to just let everything go? How is my father suppose to rest in peace?" Omeed argued.

"Your father knew he would die Omeed. Remember his words during his last days and you will find your answers." The Imam said as he touched Feriha's head blessing her. "You should seek your happiness. Stop the silent tears." He told Feriha as she gaped at him.

"Omeed, I will see you again but know that your true family awaits your arrival."  He finished with a touch on Omeed's head then disappeared swiftly like he had arrived.

Author's note: Expect lots of mistakes.... So Omeed might be meeting her true family next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 16.4K 101
Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Sujood and beg Allah to make that easy for...
9.7M 737K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
74.5K 2.7K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
3.1K 611 21
[ONC 20204: Prompt #12] A princess marries a conqueror she doesn't love. A favourite breathes in forbidden love for the same man. **** Roshanak wake...