infatuation | park jimin

By guktwt

❝Are you in love with her? Or are you just infatuated with her?❞ More

one
two
three
four
five
six
author's note

epilogue

4.4K 252 55
By guktwt

"Today will be a big day, for the two of us."

She fluttered her eyes open to see Jimin lying right beside her, tracing his fingers over her rosy cheeks. His eyes slightly widened when he realized that she was awake. He bit his lip before pecking her lips softly.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Are you ready to visit Busan?"

Eunji slightly frowned, realizing what he meant when the two words 'big day' slipped out of his mouth. Jimin noticed the nervousness that was beginning to form behind her brown orbs, which made him flash his reassuring smile.

"Dad will love you," he smiled, and Eunji felt herself slowly getting better. This is what Eunji loved about Jimin, he knew what to say just to make her feel better, even the slightest bit. "I call him every once in a while and he always tells me to come visit because he wants to meet you."

"But how about your sister?" She asked him nervously. "She's almost the same age as me and what if she—doesn't like me?"

"She'll love you, trust me." She felt his fingers laced into hers, and she achieved a sense of confidence.. at least. "Are you ready?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm ready, but not ready to make a fool out of myself in front of your own family."

"You'll do great, and anyway, they probably won't notice you out of the hundred people coming to the reunion party." Jimin pinched her cheek. "Aigoo, are you that nervous?"

"Shut up," she playfully glared him, hopping off the bed. "I'm going to take a shower!"

"Can I join?" He asked, grinning and she grabbed a pillow, throwing it straight to his face. "Hey! It's actually a great idea, it saves more water, and it'll be more time consuming!"

Eunji shook her head as she stuck her tongue out at him, shutting the door behind her. The tap turned on and all you could hear in the room was the warm water pouring. Jimin smiled to himself, hopping off the bed, opening one of the drawers on the bedside table. Rummaging through stacks of paper, he finally reached into the back corner of the drawer to feel a small box.

He pulled out the box and held it in his hands, slowly opening it to reveal a silver band. He took it out and placed it through his pinky, analyzing it and praying up to the heavens that it would fit her finger perfectly.

It'll look beautiful once it's on you, he thought to himself proudly before putting the ring away.

❃❃❃

"Almost half an hour left and we'll be there." Jimin glanced at Eunji, who was placing her hand over his.

She was staring out into the distance, loving the view of grass and mountains. It gave her a sense of freedom, and she loved it. Jimin smiled to himself, giving her a glance every now and then as he drove down the highway.

"You really love the mountains, don't you?" She nodded her head, rolling down the window to get a better look of the tall mountains as they were driving closer and closer to them. "I do, too. They look much more beautiful once you enter Busan."

"How much longer until we reach your house?" Eunji asked as Jimin chuckled.

"Were you listening? I said almost half an hour." Eunji sighed, slowly beginning to look nervous just like this morning. "Oh god, there's that face again."

"Do I look that obvious?" Eunji stared at him, nervousness still beginning to form on her face. Jimin nodded, pursing his lips into a line.

"Don't be nervous," he repeated for the umpth time. "They'll love you, just like how I do."

"Ugh, you're being corny at the most wrong moments ever." Eunji scrunched her nose and Jimin pinched her cheek. "Stop pinching my cheek!"

"Geez, woman." Jimin teased, "I think someone's on her period.."

"I'm not on my period!" Eunji exclaimed, resting her head on her window. "Can you drive a bit more slower?"

"Why? So that you could get more time to prepare yourself before you meet my family?" She nodded her head and he let out the loudest laugh ever. "You do know if I go slower than the speed I'm going at right now, I can get a ticket."

"Ugh, fine." She sighed, scratching the nape of her neck nervously. "Can we stop at a fast-food chain? I need to use the washroom."

"You do know that you're going to meet my family either way, right?" Eunji sighed in defeat, and Jimin couldn't help but smile at how adorable she was. "They'll love you, just trust me on this one, alright?"

"Alright." She pouted, and Jimin kept staring at her lovingly. "I know I'm too hard to resist, but you need to focus, keep your eyes on the road, pabo."

❃❃❃

"All I'm saying right now, is to be yourself." Jimin told her as they parked into the small driveway in front of his home.

Eunji felt her heart thumping through her chest, fixing the angle of her glasses. She gulped nervously, intertwining her fingers into his as they headed towards the door. It was pretty loud from the outside, and she hoped that there was a lot of people enough so that she wouldn't be the attention of the party.

The door swung open to reveal a girl that looked almost her age. She looked incredibly similar to Jimin, almost like a girl version of him. She had an average height, her hair was long and looked soft to the touch.

"Oh. My. God." The girl's eyes widened as she stared at Jimin before crashing him into a hug. Jimin stumbled backwards from the impact of the hug before chuckling into the girl's hair. "Jimin-ah, it's been so long!"

They pulled away and she glanced over at her, giving her the widest smile she has ever seen on a human being. "Is-Is this her?"

Jimin nodded his head and her eyes lit up just like a kid. "Like, this is the girl you've been spazzing about in our calls? This is the girl you've been chasing after for six months? This is her?"

Jimin smiled proudly, nodding his head as he pulled Eunji closer to him. "Yes, this is Eunji. Eunji, this is my younger sister, Yuri."

Eunji shyly smiled at Yuri, pulling her into a hug. "It's nice meeting you."

"Woah, woah, woah, what do we have here!" Eunji felt her palms grow sweaty as she pulled away from the hug to see an older man, and she knew that this definitely had to be Jimin's father. "Is this the girl Jimin has been chasing after?"

"Yes, Dad." Yuri grinned, "this is the girl Jimin has been so 'lovey-dovey' about."

"Come over here and give me a hug," he smiled, pulling her into a tight embrace. "By the way, just call me appa, I've been waiting forever to meet you."

Eunji felt herself sigh with relief on the inside, glancing to her side to see Jimin giving her a two thumbs up. "It's nice meeting you too, appa."

"You know, Jimin has been calling me almost every week just to show you off. He's been saying that you made him feel like the luckiest man in the whole entire world, and I definitely see why." Jimin's dad smiled, "welcome to the family."

"Oh, I—" She began until she felt something tug at the end of her dress.

"Appa, do you mind if I steal Eunji-unnie away for a bit?" She looked down to see a younger girl, pulling her away.

"Alright, Jihyun." Jimin's dad smiled, before sending her off with the younger girl.

"I'm guessing you're my brother's girlfriend?" Eunji nodded as she felt herself get all giddy because of how cute the little girl was. "I'm Jihyun, the youngest of the family."

"You're so adorable," Eunji managed to choke out.

The girl giggled as she led the two of them into her room, "do you like tea parties?"

❃❃❃

About half an hour has passed since they arrived at the reunion party, and Eunji already felt like she belonged. She got along with Jihyun well, and they developed a really close friendship with one another. Yuri, on the other hand, was begging for Eunji to spend some time together so that they could get along. But Jihyun couldn't resist Eunji at all.

Jimin seemed to enjoy seeing the sight of Eunji playing with his younger sister. He shoved his hand into his pocket, gripping tightly onto the ring box that was sitting inside of it. He smiled to himself, seeing his future with Eunji right in front of him.

It was quite alarming to see a race car join the reunion party. His name happened to be Hoseok, a close childhood friend of Jimin's. To Eunji, it seemed like Hoseok and Yuri were always enemies. All day, the two have been acting just like Tom and Jerry, making threats and insults towards each other.

After finally being free from Jihyun, Eunji made her way towards Yuri who was standing outside on the porch all by herself. She stood beside her and smiled. "You really seem to hate Hoseok, don't you?"

She nodded her head, letting out a frustrated groan. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," Eunji nodded her head. Yuri's face winced when she looked back inside the house to see Hoseok standing beside Jimin, talking away.

"Hoseok almost ran over me." Yuri managed to choke out and Eunji gasped.

"What?!" Eunji exclaimed, only until Yuri covered her mouth to hush her down.

"Look, I was heading to school and since I was late I had to run for it." Yuri chuckled nervously, "and as I was crossing the road, we managed to cross paths in the most worst ways possible."

"So, you guys met again the moment he almost ran over you?" Yuri nodded in reply and Eunji stifled in a laugh. "You guys are really cute."

"Hey!" Yuri exclaimed, pouting her lips. "I do not like Hoseok! In fact, it was just a small crush, and I was just a little kid!"

Eunji grinned, nudging her side, "so you did like him."

"I don't like him anymore!" Yuri exclaimed, looking a bit embarrassed with all the teasing. "Anyway, it looks like he changed into some cocky bastard. He doesn't even remember me either."

Eunji sighed, wrapping her arm around her shoulder. "You know, if you guys did end up together, I would root for you guys. You know what they say, enemies can turn into lovers, hate can turn into love."

"I can't believe I'm spending the rest of the summer with that bastard."

❃❃❃

Hoseok clinked a glass with Jimin, chugging in the alcohol. They were standing inside the house, right in front of the countertop of the kitchen. They were so immersed in their own conversation, it was like Hoseok never left for Seoul.

"Wait, you dyed your hair red?" Hoseok asked as Jimin chuckled, nodding his head. "Sorry, dude. I don't think I can imagine you in red hair. The brown hair suits you better, though."

"Really?" Jimin bit his lip, "Eunji said she loved the red hair.."

"You guys should make it official, from what I've seen it looks like you guys are already married." Hoseok smirked, and when Jimin gave him a look, he pursed his lips into a line.

"Actually, I'm doing it today." Jimin said in a hushed tone, and Hoseok's eyes went wide and round.

"Today as in—?" Jimin nodded his head. "Dude, stop growing up, you're making me feel like I can't pick up girls as fast as you do."

Jimin chuckled, before pointing towards the porch where Yuri was. "Didn't you have a crush on my younger sister?"

Hoseok scoffed, rolling his eyes as he took a gulp of the alcohol. "Her? I don't remember having a crush on her, heck, I don't even remember her."

"You'll remember her someday," Jimin grinned, "and when you do, you're probably going to realize why you had a crush on my little sister in the first place."

"You're really funny, Jimin." Hoseok rolled his eyes and Jimin bit his lip.

"But you know what they say, enemies can turn into lovers, hate can turn into love." Jimin teased, poking Hoseok's cheek. Suddenly his face got serious as he warned him, "but if you ever grow a liking for my little sister, we need to have a talk."

❃❃❃

It was almost reaching nighttime, and everyone was still at the party. As the time got closer, Jimin was beginning to grow nervous. He was thinking of ways on how to approach Eunji, but he would end up getting that same feeling of butterflies in his tummy. He didn't know what to do, and he was afraid it would go wrong.

"Are you nervous?" Hoseok whispered as Jimin nodded his head, they were both looking at Yuri and Eunji who was standing right across the room.

"I'm nervous as hell, what if she doesn't say yes?" Jimin panicked as Hoseok sighed.

"She'll say yes, heck, have you seen the way she stares at you?" Hoseok smiled, "I literally just met her and she looks like she's f*cking in love with you."

"Watch your language," Jimin scolded the boy.

"Sorry," Hoseok muttered. "It's a bad habit—oh, are you—oh my goodness."

Hoseok watched Jimin walk over to Eunji, who seemed really interested in Yuri's conversation. He mumbled something to her, and pulled her away to the front porch of the house. To Hoseok, it seemed like everything was going down way too quickly, and he had the urge to record it. But he shook his head to himself, it was best to give them privacy.

He looked back to find himself locking eye contact with Yuri, who looked just as surprised as he was. Yuri walked over to him quickly, pointing towards the couple who are just about to get engaged.

"Are they—?" Hoseok nodded as Yuri began to squeal quietly to herself, "oh my goodness, I didn't think this would happen. I'm so proud of them!"

Hoseok stared at her, and Yuri didn't seem to notice. She continued to squeal to herself, and Hoseok felt the ends of his lips begin to tug into a smile.

And for the first time in his whole entire life, he thought Yuri was incredibly adorable.

❃❃❃

"Jimin-ah, is there something wrong?" Eunji asked Jimin, who was pulling her away from Yuri. He was pulling her out the door and out onto the porch, where the two of them could be alone.

"Jimin-ah.. what's wrong?" Eunji asked him again, "is there something wrong?"

Jimin nodded his head, sticking his hand into his pocket to grab the ring box. "There is something wrong, Eunji."

Eunji's eyes furrowed, and she began to grow nervous and worried. "What's wrong?"

"There is something wrong about this, the two of us." Jimin began, and Eunji felt like her heart was going to break. "I don't think I can keep up with this status of our relationship."

Eunji felt her eyes water, only to gasp as Jimin began to get down on one knee. "Jimin, what are you doing?"

"I don't think I can be your boyfriend," Jimin whispered, getting teary-eyed as well, "because I want to become your husband. Will you marry me?"

Eunji's eyes were wide, and she stared at the ring that was sitting in the box right in front of her. She was at a loss for words, and she covered her mouth that was hung wide open.

After standing there for a while, Eunji nodded her head. "Of course, Jimin, I'll marry you!"

Eunji felt a tear slip out of her eye when she looked at the smile that was plastered on Jimin's face. He looked like he had just won a million bucks. He placed the ring through her finger and pulled her into a hug, kissing the crown of her head. Once the two of them pulled away, Eunji smacked him playfully in the arm.

"Ow—what was that for?" Jimin exclaimed as Eunji folded her arms.

"You made me so nervous, I thought you were gonna break up with me!" Eunji pouted, as Jimin gave her an eye-smile.

"Why would you think I would break up with you?" Jimin asked as Eunji shrugged her shoulders.

"You sounded so serious and the words you chose to say sounded like you were going to break up with me." Eunji glared at him as Jimin chuckled, pinching her cheeks.

He pulled her closer to him, and he planted kisses on her forehead. He leaned in, looking into her eyes.

"Is it official yet?!" Hoseok poked his head through the door.

Yuri hopped onto Hoseok as she grinned, "did you say yes?! I'm tired of waiting with this bastard!"

"Tell me that Eunji-unnie is going to be a bride!" Jihyun pushed Hoseok to the side, glancing at the newly-engaged couple.

"Son, did you propose yet?" Jimin's dad chimed in as he hovered the rest of them at the door.

Jimin nodded his head, grabbing Eunji's hand to show the ring that was beautifully wrapped around her finger. All of them gasped, looked at each other, then began to squeal like little girls.

"We need to celebrate this!" Yuri exclaimed, "we should go inside and set up an engagement dinner, screw the reunion party."

All of them nodded in agreement, heading back inside and shutting the door to leave the couple some privacy. Jimin and Eunji glanced at each other and let out a laugh. He pulled her close to her, kissing the tip of her nose.

"So you thought I was going to break up with you?" She nodded in reply and Jimin sighed, shaking his head. "How could I break up with you if I'm so in love with you?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 32 7
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐁𝐓𝐒 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 <𝟑
1.4K 165 31
How a fresher falls in love with her leader and the same with the leader
1.7K 39 4
" 𝑨 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔, 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕𝒔. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎, 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 �...
843K 20.2K 37
❝I fell in love with the playboy.❞ » completed « ! currently editing !