Ramona Park Legend

By GenHope

leg·end 1. a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated. 2. an extremel... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue
Credits
Joey Fatts Spin-Off

33

5.6K 414 156
By GenHope

It's okay to be a piece of shit. Now, I don't think I'm a piece of shit, I think she's an asshole, but it's important to accept who you are. A lot of people in relationships don't have enough respect for who their partner is: you've gotta accept them too.
-Vince Staples [👏🏾]

Charaya
Los Angeles, CA
6 months later

I sat at the table tapping my pen on the table nervously with my lawyer. I was just hoping and praying me and Marcel could come to a sensible agreement about the custody arrangements for Maurice. Ever since the car accident they gave Marcel temporary custody, so he's been living with him. I usually had Maurice on weekends or whenever Marcel had to go out of town.

Going through this made me realize how difficult I was being. Not once did Marcel did what I did by not answering my calls or texts and not letting me see Maurice. I'm just ready to have Maurice living back with me again. Although it has given me time to get myself together. It allowed for me to fully mourn Jai and move on with my life. It just let me reflect on what and who I want in my life.

"As far as custody, Marcel is willing to do joint physical custody. Meaning, the child will live with you primarily. Monday through Thursday then on Friday Marcel will come get him. Marcel would like Maurice during the summer break as well. Also, if you're mother ever gets out of jail he would like to prohibit your son from being left in her care. And as long as Marcel fulfills his custodial duties you may not put him on child support. Sound fair?" His lawyer said.

"Yes," I said smiling. As long as I get my son back anything sounds good.

"Good. Sign here," his lawyer said pushing a packet towards me. I read over it as well as my lawyer then I signed and dated it.

"And there we have it. Your son can move back in with you as soon as you two are ready. Have a nice day."

"Thank you," I said standing up. I grabbed my things putting my bag over my shoulder walking out of the building when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Marcel walking towards me. I stopped then waited for him to catch up to me.

"You can come get Maurice next week. I hope that's okay because I know you're excited to get him back. I just figured it would make more sense because my wedding is this weekend and he's going to be in it."

"Oh, that is this weekend. That's fine. I can wait. I need to clean my house anyway."

"Okay, cool. Thanks," he said nodding his head as it got awkward.

"Again thank you for not being an asshole about this. You could've asked for sole custody out of spite because of my actions, but you didn't. For that I thank you. And congratulations on getting married."

"Thanks," he said looking a little shocked. I nodded my head about to walk away but he stopped me by calling my name again. "You know this doesn't have to be awkward, right? We used to be friends...since middle school. Now we can barely hold a conversation. It shouldn't be that way."

"It is what it is, Marcel. As much as I would want our friendship to go back to the way it used to be it's different now."

"Why? Because we slept together and had a kid? Look, I know you feel like I hurt you and I apologize for that. That was never my intention. Some things happen and you can't take them back. At the end of the day you were my friend. Things should've been made clear from the beginning. I just feel like if we plan on raising a child it's gotta be better than this. At least the communication."

I sighed saying, "You're right. I apologize too. I made a lot of stupid, childish, petty decisions out of what was once hurt. Friends?"

"Friends," he said laughing then bumping my fist. "Even though you changed on a nigga," he said playfully rolling his eyes as we walked out of the building.

"Who me?! Or you? I have not changed!" I said catching an attitude.

"You haven't? Since when did you start wearing heels?" He asked looking me up and down sideways.

"Since I became a grown woman," I said flipping my hair over my shoulder. "Don't get it twisted though. I'll still break out a fresh pair of Cortez's and a Dodgers hat on my hood shit!" I said as we both laughed. "I'm still, Charaya, the girl next door and from around the way," we both said in unison.

"You used to wear that damn line out. We get it, you from the hood."

"I know you're not talking. Lil Pack from Flirts," I said as his whole face changed probably remembering the old days.

"Aw, naw. Now you're taking it back too far. Those little middle school clicks was poppin' though. We used to get active on AIM. Fuck you mean?!" He said as I laughed.

"I don't even remember my AIM name I had so many," I said shaking my head.

"LickMySneaks or some stupid shit. Then it was BarisWifey, little sprung ass!" He said as I tried to hide the embarrassment.

"Can we talk about the fact you had 2 sidekicks. One for the data and one for the minutes just so you could talk to hood rats."

"Hood rats? When did I ever mess with hood rats? I've always had exquisite taste in women."

"Doneisha from the east side. I remember you were on house arrest, but you were determined to go see her. We made it half way then your ankle monitor started going off like crazy," I said laughing.

"Okay, she might've been scandalous but she was fine. That's all that mattered. I did some stupid shit when I was younger."

"Yeah and you always dragged me or Jabari into it."

"Well shit, I wasn't trying to be third wheeling y'all all the time. Y'all met because of me, but somehow I became the third wheel. How the fuck does that work?" I shrugged then he said, "You think Jabari would be mad at us?"

"About?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"For everything."

I shrugged, "Who knows. He knew you liked me at a point and he knew I liked you at a point. He probably figured this was destine. We just didn't go about it the right way. We are where we're supposed to be. I'm alone and you have Matika."

"You're not alone," Marcel said looking at me. "You have Maurice."

"I guess your right. I'm just chilling right now. I need to be single for a little. Eventually I'll get back out there, but I'll talk to you later. I gotta go."

"Aiight," he said as we went our separate ways. I got in my car starting it. I sat back taking a deep sigh. That was needed.

Matika
Long Beach, CA
A few days later

I stood in front of the group of women holding the bouquet. I turned around launching it into the air then turning around to see who was going to catch it. "Move, bitch!" Marcel's sister, Olivia, yelled pushing Venita out of the way. Venita held her hands up in defense as Olivia caught it. Olivia threw her hands up flipping her hair over her shoulder as I laughed. "Now I gotta meet Mr. Right," she said looking at the the bouquet of pink flowers.

I laughed again as Venita came over to me. "I'm gonna let her have that because I know she's bout it." I shook my head looking over at the dance floor seeing Marcel's mom on it throwing up gang signs.

"Go off, Momma!" Marcel yelled encouraging her. We had a small wedding with just people close to us.

"You don't ever get scared?" Venita asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"You just married into a whole family of ex-gang members."

I laughed saying, "Let's not forget I'm from Compton now. I can hold my own. Plus, I love these idiots." Today I officially became a Young. This really happened. Having a baby was unbelievable but this was too.

I scanned the room looking for my baby to see Marcel's other sister holding her. I smiled to myself when I felt my dress being tugged on. I looked down to see Maurice. "Yeah, Reece?" I asked lowering myself a little.

"Let's dance!" He said smiling wide. I laughed saying okay then grabbing his hand going to the dance floor. I'm just glad he likes me. That's another thing that's going to take getting used to...being a step mom.

I laughed as Maurice began to dance without a care in the world. "Ayy! What it do?! Let's get it! This shit is hard!" Marcel said encouraging Maurice's dancing. You could tell him a million times to quit cussing, but he just has a dirty mouth. I threw my head back laughing as I continued to dance. This was my family now. I couldn't be any happier.

>>>>>

After the wedding reception was over we went back to the house to pack for our honey moon. "I don't know how I feel about leaving her," I said to Marcel's mom as I put things into a suitcase.

"It'll be fine. You just got married. Go on your honey moon and enjoy yourself."

"But she's just a baby. Only 6 months old," I said pouting looking at her as she slept.

"I'm not going to argue with you, Matika." Edna said sternly. "You're going. I can handle this. I think you're forgetting I had 5 kids. Can I ask you a favor though?"

"What?" I asked looking at her.

"Can you conceive me another grandbaby while you're out there?"

I jerked my head back saying, "Edna! No, we just had Marina. I need a break. Shit, he needs a break. No more kids for awhile."

Edna smacked her lips saying, "But look at how cute she is!" She touched Marina's little cheeks smiling wide as if enticing me.

"Then you can look at her cuteness for awhile. We're not having another one for awhile IF we do."

"If? Girl, please! Y'all are having another one if I have to hide birth control and poke holes in condems."

"We don't use those," I said matter of factly. "Plus, I get the shot. Try to sabotage all you want, Ms. Edna." I said laughing when her face fell.

"Fuck you. RiRi, tell your Momma you want another sibling," she said picking her up. "I'm gonna go put her in her crib." I nodded my head as she walked out of the room.

I zipped up my suitcase when Marcel walked into the room wearing a straw hat. "C'mon, let's go before we miss this flight."

"I know you don't have on a Hawaiian shirt," I said looking at his outfit.

"Look, I'm ready! I've never been on vacation in my life. When I'm traveling, I'm usually working, so I don't get to enjoy it. I'm taking full advantage of this. Let's go!" He said grabbing my bags. I followed behind him then watched as he threw my bags down the stairs.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled.

"I have noodle arms. I'm sorry your bags were heavy as fuck. I'm saving my energy for this trip."

I shook my head going down the hall to the nursery. I kissed a sleeping Marina then hugged Marcel's mom then went downstairs to the car waiting for us.

Marcel
Little Cayman, Cayman Islands

I sat on a towel on the beach watching Matika. She was already turnt off liquor doing somersaults in the sand. I laughed to myself shaking my head. I mean, I could drink at least on my honey moon, but I've gone 23 years without doing it, so why start now? I rented a villa right on the beach and it was cool. It was night when we got here, so they're wasn't much to do but look at the water.

I looked at Matika dancing to absolutely no music laughing to myself. "What the hell are you dancing to?" I asked. "Off beat like a mutha fucka."

She continued to sway her hips saying, "I have no idea."

"Marina did you right. You gotta little ass back there now," I said sneaking a picture.

She looked over her shoulder glaring at me as I typed a caption. "You still married my flat ass!" She retorted.

"You right," I said laughing then posting it.

My heart is always pure 2 my wife 4 life 🍯🌚 #uglyniggasSTILLwinning

After posting it I saw I had a text from my mom.

Edna from the set👌🏾❤️: Don't pull out son😉

I shook my head then I turned my phone off sliding it into my pocket. "Let's take a walk," I said standing up. I grabbed her hand as we began to walk.

"Do you ever think about where we're going to be in 5 years?" She asked as wind blew her hair everywhere.

"Naw, I usually go day by day. I know we're gonna live somewhere by the white people."

She laughed saying, "We already live by the white people in Orange County."

"Yeah, but somewhere else. We're gonna live by the millionaire white people. Like in Naples where there's million dollar homes."

"I thought you don't care about that kind of stuff?"

"I don't. I rather live by the black and Mexican people, but I like making white people mad. It's like, 'You've got to fuck with me now, motherfucker.' Because I make just as much money as you do and our kids like each other. They might have sex one day, so there's no way around us being friends. Marina's not having sex with anybody though, but Maurice might fuck their daughter ya know."

Matika laughed asking, "That's important to you?"

"No, teaching all white men who Gucci Mane is. I'm trying to diversify the culture. There are too many people stuck in their little fucking box. That and taking care of my family is important. As long as y'all are happy, I'm happy. We could move back to Long Beach for all I care. As long as we're shitting on the white people."

She laughed saying, "I feel it."

"See and that's why I fuck with you!" I said looking at her as she chuckled.

"I fuck with you too, Marcel."

"Noo, I really fuck with you. Not to bring up exes, but you're the only girl to accept me for me. At first you struggled with it. But even if you burned my clothes you would come back and fold the clothes I had left. It takes a lot to deal with me. I'm a sarcastic asshole, but I guess there's always going to be that one person that'll make you change. I'm either sad or happy, there's no in between. That'll drive some people crazy. Some people think I'm mean, but you know that's just me."

"And I'm a bitch to some people. Not everybody likes everybody. As corny as it sounds, we're meant to be."

"We're meant to be," I repeated as we both chuckled. "My Mom told me not to pull out tonight."

Matika gasped saying, "Your Momma is a trip, I swear."

"She might have a point," I said stopping myself from walking as Matika continued. "Like forreal, that ass is sitting magnificently."

Matika stopped walking looking over her shoulder grinning. "Ain't it, huh?" She said tooting her ass out.

"Alright, let's go!" I said grabbing her hand as she laughed.

"You don't have to drag me. I'm coming willingly. Hey!" She said stopping me from walking.

"Huh?" I asked looking back at her.

"I love you," she said smiling.

"I love you," I said kissing her. "Now c'mon."

"I'm coming!" She said laughing.

Aww, lil cute chapter lol. Everything on good terms? Thank you guys for 25k views. Comment / Vote💙

Oh & if you listen to Vince Staples, did you listen to the Prima Donna EP? I did. A lot of ppl said they didn't like it, but I did. It was different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 7.5K 75
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
149K 10.5K 15
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
46.3K 4.3K 47
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
25.2K 2.3K 32
A boy who called himself orphan and spends every night sheding tears. Whereas a boy who is living in care of his three elder brothers. A brother who...