My Own Way

Autorstwa strength0629

*This is the spin-off to Runaway Bride. I recommend reading it before starting to read this one.* Locked in... Więcej

My Own Way
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - Part 2 of 2
Chapter 25 - Part 1
Chapter 25 - Part 2 of 2
Chapter 26 - Part 1
Chapter 26 - Part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - Part 1

14.9K 442 17
Autorstwa strength0629

Chapter 24 - Part 1

It's been two months since my dad's heart attack, he was still under his doctors care and taking his medications daily.  He was getting better every single day but our family biggest fear was that he'd have another one and that we'd lose him for good.

I was extremely surprised that my dad's parents were still around.  They ended up renting an apartment that was close by so that they could visit Justin and my father regularly.  They called every two days and always at the same time, my mother had informed me.

I asked her if it was annoying and her answer was always no.  She was glad that they were finally paying attention to the people that mattered.  It reminded all of us that no one knows how long we have in this life and that we shouldn't take anything or anyone for granted.

When my dad told me to go back to my regular life after he came home from the hospital, I wasn't sure what to do but I did as he asked.   I went back to work, spent time with Blake and had girls’ night with Lisa.  I always went home for our family dinners and Blake joined me most of the time.  I loved that my whole family liked him, it made things easier.

Since I was spending most of my time at Blake's, it was rare that I slept in my own bed at the apartment I shared with Lisa.  To my amazement, Blake and I were doing good and still going strong.  What surprised me most was that I hadn't messed up and for some reason he still wanted me around.

Blake had dinner with his mother several times and I went with him when I wasn't working.  Little by little his mother and I were getting to know each other and I felt like she was approving of the relationship I had with her son.

As for his friends, they'd show up at Blake's apartment sometimes without calling.  The only time it was really frustrating was when we were in the middle of being intimate.  Nothing ruins an orgasm like someone banging loudly on the front door, asking to let them in.  Other than that, I understood more and more why Blake liked them so much.  They were all pretty amazing guys and funny as hell when they were all around.

"What did the doctor say?  When can he go back to work?" Blake asked me as he was lying down with his head on my lap while I passed my fingers through his short hair.  

"Probably between two to four weeks." I answered while we were watching TV, just the two of us.  

"Would you still be with me if I had a beard like that?" He asked, with half a smile, after a few minutes of silence, talking about the men on TV.

The men, they had long and thick beards.  I loved the show, they could always make me laugh but I couldn't picture Blake with a beard like that. 

"I'd get you drunk and shave you while you'd be passed out...  You'd wake up the next morning looking like a bran new man." I said trying not to laugh but my stomach was moving giving me away.

He turned his head to really look at me, "That's not funny." he said and I just smiled at him.

"I can't even imagine you in between my legs with a beard like that?  You'd give me rug burns and that would really hurt." I told him.

"It would tickle, not hurt."

"Yeah right and besides, I'm not ready to find out and it would take a really long time to get a beard that...long." I told him.

"Well, you could call it a beard burn...  Anyhow, you should be used to rug burns after all this time."  He stated, making me laugh.

"Having carpet burns on my back hurts.  I can't even imagine how it would hurt having it between my legs." I told him.

"I could be gentle." He simply said with a smile back on his face.

I smiled and shook my head, and then we went back to watching the show.

Blake was amazing but sometimes, gentle wasn't exactly what I wanted, just like he loved my dirty imagination and how I loved trying different things that involved just the two of us.

Each and every day I saw him, every minutes we'd spend together made me think of what my grandmother had said the night my dad had his heart attack.  Was I really falling in love with Blake?  Or was I already in love with him?

I had an appointment to see Emily in a few days, I already knew that I'd bring up that subject.  I was terrified of what she was going to tell me and what I believed I already knew.

I kept trying to push the thoughts aside and pretend those words didn't exist because if I'd let myself feel those emotions...if I'd let myself think and address those words, I knew I'd be in trouble and that things would get serious, that I could get hurt and I wasn't sure I was ready for that.

Every time we were together we had fun, we'd talk and laugh.  When I was at work and one of the girls would ask me about him, I couldn't help but smile.  Sometimes no words were even needed, just the thought of him made me smile.  I knew now that it wasn't only about sex, even though it was still amazing, our relationship was a lot more than that.

I wasn't sure how Blake felt.  He never brought it up and I was thankful for that.  If he would tell me he was in love me, knowing myself, I would probably run in the opposite direction, even if I felt the same way, and I'm pretty sure he was aware of that.  We were good at reading each other, knowing when to push for information, when to back off or when to simply not bring it up.

Sometimes before falling asleep, I'd close my eyes but I knew he was looking straight at me.  I could feel his eyes on me and I knew if I'd open my eyes he would say something, so I always kept them closed.

It angered me.  I was angry at myself for not having the courage to open my eyes.  I felt like a scared little girl.  I knew Blake would never intentionally hurt me so I didn't fully understand why I felt that way.

I was brought back to reality by the sound of his laughter, with his head still on my lap while watching the TV.

I tried concentrating on the show instead of my own thoughts.  It wasn't too difficult since it was a show we both loved and to my luck, Wednesdays the show was a marathon.  We watched it like an old married couple until I realized Blake fell asleep on me.  It was strange to think of us in that way but that was basically it.

I grabbed the remote he was still holding, even as he slept and I turned off the TV.

"Blake." I said rubbing his arm.  When he moved a bit I took the opportunity, "Wake up.  Let's go to bed." I said a bit louder before he'd fall back asleep.

He opened his eyes and looked up meeting mine.

"I was dreaming..." He said with his voice full of sleep even though he wasn't asleep for long.

"About?" I asked, a bit curious.

He shook his head and sat up.  "Nothing." He whispered, dismissing it.

We both got up and went to the bedroom.  I feel asleep with him holding me, his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.  I truly loved the way that felt, I had never felt safer even though at the same time, it scared me to death.

****Please Vote & Comment!  Thank You!!****

Hi everyone!  I know it was short that's why it's 'Part'. lol and it's better than nothing!  I'm really happy, I kept my word, wrote on Facebook and Twitter that I was either posting Part 1 today or tomorrow.  So I'm a very happy woman right now with a big smile on my face.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and have a great night!  xx

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

205 8 65
"I would have left him, but I can't get him off my mind. I have tried many times but still I can't. I have the money and all. I am also beautiful but...
21K 999 32
"She's right! She's right! I don't cut in the right spot." My hold tightens on my wrist. The red blood oozes out of my wrist. I slide up and grab my...
297K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
3.4K 114 5
PLEASE READ: THIS IS A REIMAGINED HASHING OF A STORY I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN. "All is Fair in Love and War" was my first Alastor X Reader story I ever...