Camp Half-Breed

By DaneJLion

She's the vampire who murdered his parents. He's the wizard that cursed her. She seeks revenge, and he desir... More

#1 - Curse of the Century.
#2 - Welcome to Hell.
#3 - School of Torture.
#4 - Did you know?
#5 - Babe, we share a room.
#6 - Panties in a Twist.
#8 - Under a spell.
#9 - Death Wish
#10 - Death Wish Confirmed
#11 - Man Periods.
#12 - Revenge is best served hot.

#7 - Trouble is her middle name.

339 47 10
By DaneJLion

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ░ ▓ ░ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

╰☆☆ Chapter Seven ☆☆╮

╰☆☆ Trouble is her middle name ☆☆╮

A few hours later, I found myself leaning against a metal support railing of the most upper-walled section of Camp Half-Breed's highest advance point. In human terms, I suppose it would be similar to the battlement of a castle.

If it were not for the stale, damp air and dark clouds hovering behind the protective barrier, you could say this place was something out of a fairytale. A fairytale? Really, Elysia? If this is what you call a fairytale, then something is majorly wrong with you. It's times like this I wish I could silence my inner voice.

"So this is where you ran off to Ms Pun-queen, huh?" Glancing over my shoulder, I noticed Ashley putting her long, dark hair into a high ponytail. "I was looking for you."

"Pun-queen?"

Her lips pulled upwards to form a grin. "Yes, that's your new nickname."

Ugh, I suppose I forgot to mention my dislike of nicknames. "Yay, me."

"Mhm, mhm, now tell me, why are you being such a loner out here? Aren't you excited for classes tomorrow?"

"Excited? Not in the slightest." Never mind me; something's wrong if she thinks classes are exciting. "Sitting in a classroom full of criminals, doing god knows what sounds rather boring to me."

In my defence, I do find it boring. Why shouldn't I? Since I've already finished school, it's just a waste of my time.

As Ashley approached me, she raised her eyebrows. "Who said our work involves sitting or classrooms?"

I must say, that caused curiosity to surge through me. "Well, this is an academy, is it not?" She nodded. "Then I suspect lessons would be involved, correct?"

"Yeah, well, sort've, you're half correct," Ashley shrugged, standing beside me. "We do lessons here, but not the type you're thinking of. We spend most of the time in the dome."

"Huh?"

The dome? What the fuck is that?

As if she could read minds, Ashley laughed. "We train in the dome; Mr Spellbinder built it himself."

"Train?"

"You're just full of questions, aren't ya!" She laughed and bumped my shoulder. "Guess you'll find out tomorrow. But you didn't answer my question: Why are you out here?"

"Suppose you heard about the failed spell?"

"Mhm, mhm, werewolves have excellent hearing! We can even hear through walls, but don't tell anyone, " Ashley said, leaning on the railing beside me. "Just kidding, Mr Spellbinder told me when I asked why Steve looked annoyed."

Was Steve annoyed? I wonder why? After all, he put the curse on me; it's his fault the spell didn't work.

It is his fault.

Right?

Also, why does Steve's irritation even bother me? I shouldn't care less about him. Then why do you? That bothersome inner voice did have a point.

"So, why are you out here?"

My goodness, this girl is very persistent, isn't she?

"I'm enjoying the beautiful view," I said, pointing towards the dead trees, rising smoke, and dark clouds hovering in the distance. Ashley raised a brow. "What?"

"You think it's a beautiful view? More like a scene from a horror movie." She laughed. "Since you love the scenery, you'll adore the dome."

"What exactly is this dome?"

Ashley looked upwards towards the shimmering barrier above us. I followed her gaze. "It's said Mr Spellbinder created everything you see here, the shield protecting us from shadow dwellers, this camp, the buildings, everything," she explained. "He then made the dome, which acts as our training ground. It's a holographic protector, but those holograms can and will hurt you."

I grinned. "Sounds fun!"

"You don't understand how serious the dome is, Elysia. Many of us have died in there." Turning towards me, she frowned. "Even vampires have perished."

"Which is impossible."

"Nothing is truly impossible," Ashley's words sent shivers down my spine. "Best get some sleep. Time flows differently here, " she said before patting my shoulder and walking away.

I pondered what she meant by "time flows differently."

When I was a forensic investigator many years ago, I would have questioned everything, but that was before I discovered my vampire heritage. Now, nothing surprises me. Therefore, I conclude Ashley speaks the truth. Which means this dome can and will kill me.

How exciting!

~......~

Walking back to the room, or cell if you like, became more manageable for me. Although many corridors, hallways, and staircases were identical, I discovered something. Steve and I were placed in the black-thorn wing or dormitory. I knew this, judging by the designs carved into each wall. And maybe because it's written on the entrance to our side of camp? You literally cannot miss it. Oh, shut up! Stop spoiling my fun, would you?

Great, I'm arguing with myself.

The world's gone mad, or dimension, whatever this place is.

Standing before the wooden door leading into Steve and I's room, I took a deep breath.

Please, please, be asleep.

"It won't bite, you know," someone said behind me. I turned around, grabbed the unknown person and shoved them against the opposite wall. "Woah! Why so aggressive?"

With my hands on the person's rock-hard chest and my right knee between their crotch, I looked up, only for my breath to get caught in my throat.

I need holy water or bleach. I don't suppose anyone has some for me. No? That's a shame because this man is smoking hot, and that's putting it mildly.

Don't look into the depth of those sky-blue majestic eyes; I'm confident anyone could drown in them. I swore I could see lightning flashing through those orbs. Maybe there's also a hint of green around the edges, the colour of grass found in meadows.

Wait, what was I telling myself not to do again?

Quickly, I stepped backwards and right into another firm chest. Glancing up, Steve pinned me with his hazel eyes before shifting his sight to the godlike man in front of us.

"You woke me," Steve said in a deep, husky voice. "I don't like being woken."

"Sorry mate," the man whose name I was yet to discover said, running a hand through his hair.

It took Steve two strides to move from his previous position by our door to stand between me and the other man. He seemed to be guarding me.

"Let's get one thing straight," said Steve threateningly. "I'm not your mate; I will never be your friend or anyone in this god-forsaken place." And with that, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me into our room.

For some reason, I let him.

Why would I ever allow Steve to touch me? I have no fricken idea. However, I did, and an unknown emotion swept through my body. His fingers fit perfectly around my wrist and caused electricity to pulsate across my skin.

As we made our way through the room, I glanced over my shoulder to see the other man watching us. His eyes swept across my body, so I did the same to him until I noticed his legs or the lack of them. They weren't like mine or yours. He had hooves. I came to the conclusion he was a faun.

"I thought fauns were peaceful?" The door rudely slammed shut, blocking my view of him. "Hey!" I faced Steve, who still held my wrist. "Would you let go?"

Now, do you think Steve released me?

If you said no, then bravo! You're right. If you said yes, don't even talk to me.

Before I could even blink, Steve suddenly had me trapped between his body and the wall. My back pressed firmly against the cold bricks. "I didn't think you were into this stuff," I grinned at him.

However, he did not smile back. Instead, Steve lowered his head to my level and placed his lips almost against my left earlobe. "Don't go near that guy again, Elysia. He's trouble."

"How dare you tell me who I can or can't go near!" I literally growled. Mustering all my strength, I managed to shove Steve away from me. "Fuck, you're crazy!" Walking to my bed, I shot him a look that would kill him.

"I mean it!" He ran a hand through his hair. "Elysia, he's trouble."

I smirked. "Yeah? Well, guess what, smart guy? Trouble is my middle name."

______

A/N

Apologies for posting this late. Apparently, I was a day behind, lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 5K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
13K 524 25
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆, 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆,𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆. ...
108K 4.4K 61
Living as a human in the supernatural world is not easy. Not for Nebula; a free-spirit in search of her long lost brother. Alaric is known as the D...
Mahal By Rosy

Paranormal

4.6K 645 18
She is walking in the dark corridors which are barely lit, the only source of light is the torch light in her hand. As she is walking she heard someo...