Stay with Me #Wattys2017

By whiteflags330

The girl is Eliza Kelman, she's a music producer in Los Angeles and takes pride in her job. She loves to part... More

Prolouge//Cover Cred
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Spin Offs

17

22 0 0
By whiteflags330

Haynes' POV

7:00 a.m.

I woke up like any other day. I got out of bed, quietly to make sure I wouldn't wake Eliza. I'm wearing blue and red plaid pj shorts with a grey shirt. Gracie and I have a big day today, we didn't plan to go in until later, but sometimes I wake up early with no alarm. I guess I'm still adjusted to the doctor schedule. I just shrugged it off, knew I wasn't going to be going back to bed.

So, what did I do at 7 a.m. on my days off when I was a doctor? I watched movies in my room, but I guess I could watch a movie in the living room. I usually make a small snack to hold me over until I make breakfast. I'll be honest, I kind of miss living in my apartment. There are reasons why I can't go back. I guess you could say my ex roommate and I had a falling out.

Anyways, back at my old apartment, I would just be a guy. Now that I'm living with a girl, who happens to also be my girlfriend, yeah, I want to be more of a gentleman. Eventually, I'll be more of my guy self soon enough. So, I watched a movie and afterwards went to change. I changed into grey ripped jeans, with a maroon t-shirt, red converse with black laces, a grey blazer and that world map watch I have. I decided to wear a blazer because well, I'm going to an important meeting today.

Yeah, I should probably wear something more formal, but hey, I still look hot. I think that's all that matters. Might have to use to my body to Gracie back in school. Kidding, but I will be trying a lot to get her in. I started to make breakfast. Eventually Eliza woke up, she has a big day too. Going to be listening to my brother and sister's band. Which is dope. We ate breakfast, afterwards I left. I drove to Chloe's apartment, got out of my car and knocked on their door. Chloe answered. She was wearing a polka dot demin dress with black flats that are shaped like a cat, blue rose earrings and a black cat ear ring. She looked a little confused.

"Here for Gracie."

"Oh right, I forgot. Thank god, I don't have to take her to work today. I owe you." She seems a little stressed.

I nodded. Chloe let me in. Gracie walked out of her room and into the living room. She was wearing maroon skinny jeans with a black, flowly tank top that says, "i just want to hang with my dog," black Vans, black and sliver studded lighting bolt earrings, a multi-layer leather bracelet and had a bright red backpack with gold studs. She actually looked like the kids I hung out with when I was in school.

"Why are you wearing that blazer?"

"Gotta look at least semi-professional. You got a blazer that would go with you outfit?" I asked.

She nodded, went back to her room. When she came out she was wearing the exact outfit except with a salmon color blazer.

"Much better. Lets head out now." I smiled.

I drove to the school and we had to wait in the outfit for about an hour. It was so boring, actually kind of reminded me when I was in high school. Always had to wait to hear that I had detention. I know, I was kind of a rebel. Don't mean to brag. Finally, the principal came out. She was wearing a grey pantsuit, looked a lot older than me that's for sure and had long brown hair and dark brown eyes. Definitely not using my body. I like I ladies young. That sounds weird mostly because I'm in a high school.

Anyways Gracie and I both took a seat and the principle, let's call her Mrs. D because I wasn't listening to her when she said her name. Mrs. D talked about why Gracie got expelled and how they were planning on kicking her out for good. I wasn't about to let that happen.

"She's a senior. Let her take her last year here. At least let her go to prom."

Mrs. D shook her head, "No, it is unacceptable what she did."

"It's not like I was selling heroin like some people in this school or like I stabbed someone." Gracie was getting wild up.

I held her back, "Is that really what public school all about?" I looked confused at Mrs. D then Gracie.

They ignored it. Mrs. D went on to explain why Gracie shouldn't be in this school.

"If she apologizes to the teacher and tells her side of the story, could you possibly think about letting her back in?" Public school systems are shit.

"Gracie is a student with no potential."

I saw that Gracie was getting pissed. Luckily I jumped in, "Woah! Every single student has potential. Don't tell that they don't. Maybe if teachers got to know their students we wouldn't be in this situation! No offense, but you're kind of a cunt."

"I'll bring the counselor in here and we'll figure something out." Mrs. D seemed really offended, but also knew she had to hear Gracie's side.

So, she called the counselor. A few moments laters and the counselor showed up.

"This is our new counselor, who started yesterday, Ms. Elvn."

Elvn is a very familiar name. I stood up and turned around, looked the counselor directly into her eyes.

"Samantha?"

"Haynes?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I got a job hear."

"Right, that was obvious. Completely forgot you finished school."

I'm in shock. Samantha is my ex. You know, before Eliza. She's wearing a button down white shirt that's tucked into her white skirt, white flats and a silver flower gody necklace. Our relationship didn't end well. We never officially broke up, I just stopped talking to her. Which I know is a huge douche move, but you would understand if you knew whole story. 

"Well, since you already know Ms. Elvn, we can get started." Mrs. D said.

I nodded, this feels awkward, I'm pretty sure I'm the only that can feel it. But who knows. I didn't know if I should look at Samantha or what. I'm just in a weird spot. Wait, this isn't about me. It's about getting Gracie back in school. 

"Gracie Lewis, you have been expelled because you got into a fight with a teacher. Why did you get into a fight with her?" Samantha asked. 

"Because I didn't know the answer on the board and I didn't have my hand up." Gracie added.

"From what the teacher says, you never have your hand up."

"Because I don't know any of the answers, I just fucking told you." 

"Watch your language," Samantha added, "How comes you don't know the answers? Do you not pay attention? If you don't, I can't see a reason for this meeting. If you don't try, how do I know you want to be back?" 

I am holding back so much. Samantha has no idea what she's talking about. She's always practical and never looked at the other side. Surprised she's a high school counselor. 

"Maybe if you stopped and listen to me, you would understand why I don't pay attention." Gracie is starting to calm down and be more serious.

I'm happy she is. 

"Well, speak up then."

"Do you have an older sibling, who has gone to the same high school as you? An older sibling, who is way smarter than you? Every teacher I have met in this high school except for one has expected me to be as good as my sister. Well, guess what? I'm my own person. I have a learning disability, I shouldn't be in regular math," Gracie added, "I don't know what 24 divided by 3 is and no matter how hard I study, I will never know unless you teach me property."

"Who is the one teacher who has not compared you to your sister?" Samantha questioned. 

"Mrs. Wilkinson. She's the only one who has ever try to get to know me. She's my friend and I never thought I would say that about a teacher." 

Mrs. D called Mrs. Wilkinson in and told her to bring some of Gracie's works. We waited a little bit, when there was a knock on the door. A tall African American women with long black dreads, dark brown eyes with her septum pierced. She's wearing a black jumpsuit, black high heels, and a red feather necklace. It looked like she has 4 art pieces with her. She looked so happy. Gracie got up and hugged her. 

"I didn't even know I was good at art until I met Maria." Gracie said. 

"I heard you wanted to ban Gracie from this school? Why? She has talent! She's good at this. Her education should be the most important and she's a senior. It seems really stupid." Maria Wilkinson pointed out.

"We can work something out. I'm an artist and a genius, if you need me to come to the school every now and then and help Gracie, I'll gladly do it. Pay free." I said. 

There's no way, someone as talented as Gracie is getting kicked out. 

"Oh and might I remind you, Samantha, my brother's a lawyer and he hates you." I added. 

"Are you threatening to sue us?" Samantha asked.

I nodded, slowly. 

"Fine. She can come back to school. One more mishap and she's gone. If you want to be her tutor, you can. Make sure she passes her classes and catches up on her work." Mrs. D is strict. 

I nodded, "I promise Gracie will do her best," I got up, "Also, she's start tomorrow." 

Gracie, Maria and I left Mrs. D's office. Maria walked with Gracie and I to the front of the building. 

"Thank you. I would've been so pissed if Gracie didn't get back in." Maria smiled.

I smiled back, "No problem, I'm Haynes' by the way." 

"Nice to meet you, how do you know Gracie?" 

"My girlfriend is best friends with her and her sister." I added. 

"Well, you're lucky to know someone as creative as Gracie." 

"Yeah, maybe I could learn a few things from her."

"Maria, do you think I could have that one painting that says, I won't be a rockstar, I'll be a legend?" Gracie asked. 

"Sure." Maria gave her a green and teal gradient painting. 

Gracie and I left. I decided to go get some ice cream. After that, we went to an art store and I bought her a lot art supplies. Then it was time to take her home. I dropped her off and went back into my car. Before I left, I checked my phone. I just realized, that I haven't been on it once since this morning. I got a test and a missed call from Eliza. It says, "I need you home right now." That was sent about 2 hours ago. Shit, I'm in trouble and I don't think I did anything. I hurried back home. When I walked in, I saw Lewis making a snack in the kitchen.

"Um, what?" I asked.

"She's in her room." 

I nodded and went to the room. I knocked on the door and walked in. Eliza was just laying on the bed, staring at her ceiling. I decided to lay next to her and just stare. I'm not sure what's going on, but she's definitely upset about something. I'm not going to ask, all I can do is be with her. 

"Lung cancer from cigarettes. You know it can kill, especially if you don't catch it soon enough," Eliza said about  minutes later. 

"Yeah, it can." 

"Why don't some people go to the doctor for a check up?"

"Well, it could be fear of the doc or they think they're fine or they're in denial." 

"But why?"

I shrugged. 

"My dad died today and worse part, I just talked to him yesterday." 

"It wasn't the cancer that killed him. He might've had a stroke or a heart attack." 

"It doesn't matter at this point."

I didn't say anything, just put my arm around her. She rested her head on my shoulder. We both kind of just stayed there in silence for a bit. A little while later. I knew something that would cheer her up... Hopefully. 

"Gracie is back in school." I said happily. 

Eliza moved her head, "How?"

"Well, that's kind of why I hung out with her today. I heard her side of the story and I knew I could relate. It was stupid why she was kicked out."

She smiled a little, "That's awesome."

"She starts tomorrow, I have to quickly stop in at work, but then I'll be by your side all day tomorrow." 

"I'm going to work tomorrow."

I nodded, "And I'll be there. Pretty sure Derrick and Amber are going to be there."

"Thanks."

"I know what it's like to lose someone. And I know you don't want to be alone, no matter what you say." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.4K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
5.4M 178K 69
Black Moon Series Book #1 Warning: Mature content, graphic language, gay, polyamorous French food is my healthy pleasure. Sex is my stress-relief ple...
1.5M 47.9K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
3.8M 123K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...