Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

By Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
đź‘‘Epilogueđź‘‘
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)

331K 12K 1.1K
By Juette_Curtina

Matthew was just about ending a call when he heard the hysteric cry of Kaylyn. His head snapped around so fast and hard that he thought he'd feel the effect later, but he didn't give himself time to think about what might happen to him, he was more concerned about what happened to Kaylyn.

Matthew dashed quickly to the sitting room where she was, his heart throbbing with the prospect of her being hurt. He brought himself to a sudden halt, slightly sliding on the floor as his line of vision settled on what was happening before him.

Kaylyn's face was panic stricken as tears poured down her face in buckets. Her face was red, her mouth agape and her body trembling; Matthew's blood ran cold at the sight. For a moment his world stopped and the only images that presented themselves were that of Kaylyn's face and the horror that was etched on her features.

      Matthew's eyes momentarily diverted from Kaylyn and to the source of her tears. His eyes slightly widened because he was only just noticing the old man. He had thought that Kaylyn was the one hurt, but now as Matthew watched he realised that Patrick presented the problem.

       "I- I don't know what's happening?" Kaylyn sobbed.

Matthew stood there for a brief moment before his brain finally seemed to click. He didn't know what the problem with Patrick was, but Matthew found himself moving towards the kitchen. Quickly he poured a glass of room temperature water, before returning to the living room.

Kaylyn, with trembling hands, took it from him and managed a small smile before she handed it to Patrick, whose coughing fit seemed to have lessened by a tad.

He took slow sips, drinking between coughs as his eyes glued to his daughter. Patrick, amidst the burning in his throat, found comfort in the fact that his daughter still cared for him. He could see it in her eyes and he had found the evidence in her tears. Seeing her cry was the last thing he intended on doing, but it also served as a voice for the words that she couldn't say aloud.

        "It's Ok Kaylyn, I'm fine now," he assured in a hoarse tone, using his fingers to wipe the tears that flowed from her eyes.

Kaylyn choked out a laugh as relief flooded her form. She looked up at Matthew, the glee shining above the saddened expression that was once present. Matthew returned the smile as he watched the exchange of father and daughter.

When all was settled and back to normal, they all seated themselves on the sofa, the silence a bit awkward and deafening, even though hearts were in joyous chaos.

Patrick turned to Kaylyn and held her hands once more, making sure to wear a smile on his pale lips.

       "Kaylyn, we all know that life has a start and an end, but what counts most is what we do in between those two phases. My life really began when I held you in my arms for the very first time..." he trailed off as a grin cracked his face. "I fell in love with you right away, even though you were crying profusely, wanting to be in your mother's arms", he laughed, and Kaylyn smiled, thinking of the irony.

      "I did the wrong thing by letting you go and I believe a part of me got lost too. I didn't have an in between because I had already met my end at the time..." Patrick knew he was blabbering on incessantly. The pace in which his mouth was moving, was too slow for the amount of thoughts he had to let out.

He sighed, trying to summarize it all up. "I have only a few months left here. Maybe less," he ignored Kaylyn's gasp, trying his best to not meet her eyes. "Terminal cancer," he informed flatly. "There's no cure but the doctors have placed me on palliative chemotherapy to lessen the symptoms and prolong my life for a bit," he choked out a mirthless laugh.

      "Dad..." Kaylyn began shakily, but Patrick quickly turned his head to hers, slowly shaking his head.

       "Don't cry sweetheart, it's fine. I'm fine. I have you now, I have found you and that's all that matters," he squeezed her hands gently, before pulling in her for a hug.

Matthew watched, shocked at the man's confession. Cancer? He found it hard to believe even though the frailness in his form was undeniable. He suddenly felt a pang of guilt when he thought back to how he had handled the man just moments ago. Swallowing hard, Matthew hung his head to conceal his shame.

      "Don't worry about me now honey. Focus on the life you're carrying inside of you," Patrick added, once he withdrew himself from his daughter's embrace.

Kaylyn managed a faint smile, and then cleared her throat. "Does Lilith know?" she asked with a stronger tone.

Patrick shook his head. "I haven't told her. She doesn't seem to even realize that I'm not as strong as before," he smiled with a heavy sigh, before getting up from the sofa.

        "Well I've got to go no-"

       "Where are you going?" Kaylyn quickly intervened.

       "I'll be staying at a hotel for a few days, so I'll be close to you," he provided.

       "A hotel-"

       "Patrick, you can stay here if you'd like,",Matthew quickly cut in sincerely, wanting to ease his guilt whilst making everyone else happy.

He saw the look on Kaylyn's face, noting the shock in his offer. Matthew could also tell from her eyes that she was secretly thanking him.

       "Yes dad. That would be great," Kaylyn said.

Patrick laughed. "I really appreciate your offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline."

      "Why?" Kaylyn asked, shocked by his reply.

Patrick glanced at the two of them, not wanting to tell them that he thought they needed the privacy and time to develop their own relationships; so instead, he said, "I might convince Lilith to come down. I'm sure you wouldn't want her here," he cocked a brow, and chuckled at their silence.

      "I'll call and visit you sweetheart, and remember to not worry your pretty little head. I will be fine," he kissed the top of kaylyn's head and pulled her to him for another hug. He closed his eyes as he held her, careful not to break the tears free. "I love you," he whispered against her ear and Kaylyn bit her lips, sucking in her emotions.

       "I love you too dad," she spoke the words which had almost became faded on her lips and in her memory. It felt so strange, yet speaking the words made her feel a lot better.

She smiled and they walked to the door to see him out.

#

After Patrick left, Kaylyn quickly ventured to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. She poured and drank until the glass was empty, then she sighed heavily, gripping the counter for support.

       "Are you OK?" Matthew suddenly asked, when he saw how dishevelled she had become.

Kaylyn nodded. "Mhm," she squeaked out.

Matthew moved to her. "Kaylyn I'm sorry," he consoled.

She smiled stiffly. "It's OK Matthew. I need to stop worrying about everything. I need to think about my baby now," she exclaimed frustratingly, using her hands to express herself, as they flew about in the air. "I'm dealing with too much Matthew. I c-cant take it anymore. I want to see my dad, I want to give him the time he wants with me, but my eyes sting every time I think about his condition. I..." she trailed off, sucking in a deep breath. I don't know myself anymore, she told him now in a more calmed tone, glaring at him as the tears streamed down her face.

Matthew reached for her, understanding completely what she must've been going through. It was all too much for one person to handle. She sobbed in Matthew's arms and he held her, while he gently massaged her back.

       "Matthew," she whispered between sobs and Matthew stiffened at the frailness in her voice. "I don't think this baby and I will be fine," she confessed and Matthew squeezed his eyes shut before he slightly withdrew from her.

       "Kaylyn don't think like that," he exclaimed softly, using his hands to brush away her tears. "You will be fine and our baby will be fine," he smiled.

       "I don't think I'm strong enough..." she broke off sobbing before she got the chance to complete her sentence. "I- I have too much on my plate. I'm weak and this baby will suffer because of it," she cried.

Matthew was left speechless for a moment, the emotions resting on his throat too heavy for him to formulate words.

       "What if all goes wrong and the b-baby doesn't make it. What if I don't make it? What if my dad dies before knowing his grandchild?" she began to sob uncontrollably as she thought of the worst case scenarios. She limped in Matthew's arms, flooding his chest with tears.

Matthew brought her up so her line of vision was levelled with his. He held her cheeks with his palms, wanting her to look into his glistening green eyes.

      "Kaylyn, listen to me. Nothing will happen to you and this baby. I will be here with you along the way. Sapph will be there. You are a strong woman, understood?" Matthew slightly patted her cheeks, all the while never losing his eye contact. "Don't you dare give up on yourself or the baby Kaylyn. Don't you dare," he warned softly, using his thumb to brush away her tears.

       Kaylyn sniffed and slightly nodded. Matthew smiled as his gaze locked with Kaylyn's, making the situation a bit awkward. He got a chance to drink in her features and realized that she was as vulnerable as they came. As their gazes held, locked, caught in some strange new world in which only the two of them existed, Matthew slowly lowered his head to hers and kissed her.

It was a kiss to salve every hurt Kaylyn had ever dealt with, a kiss to chase the tension and fear from her veins. Gentle, coaxing and tender, and although a passionate spark of want fizzed through his body, Matthew eased away, taking his mouth from hers. Kaylyn reached up and guided him back down and Matthew kissed her, harder this time, his mouth hot against hers, his tongue stroking, delving, and teasing.

Kaylyn found much comfort in the act and although she knew that she would maybe regret it later, she nevertheless allowed it. Matthew kissed her and kissed her until her head was dizzy and her skin tingled with the need for his touch. Her heart was galloping, her blood rushing as it ever did when he was too close. Breathing in the masculine scent of him, she felt heady with it, faint with the need for him. She wanted him, and she wanted the kiss to never cease.

      "Hey man the door was opened so I thought I'd let..." Matthew and Kaylyn quickly broke apart when a familiar voice intervened.

Kaylyn blanched when she saw Jason at the kitchen door, with his eyes and mouth wide with shock.

(O_O) well then...

Hello my #Matlyn fans!!! *grins*. Thanks goes to for creating that awesome ship name!!! I think it's so cute! Anybody else agrees?

Did you guys enjoy this chapter? 😁😁 They finally kissed!!!!! Lol, imagine how darn awkward the next chapter will be, with Jason's interruption to top it off. Oh lord!!!

I skipped school today so that's why I'm updating! Lol, I'll try another update for Sunday also, so stick around my fairies!!

Until next time...
Read, sleep, stay in school!! 😂😂😂
Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.7K 36
"Are you sure this diagnosis is one hundred percent real or true?" "Yes, sir. I am truly sorry for the bad news." ~~~~ Is a one night stand suppose...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
141K 4.5K 33
"That night was a mistake!" "The best mistake of my life!! " ___________________________________ Naomi Scarlett Johnson a young lady looking for a j...
23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...