Stay with Me #Wattys2017

By whiteflags330

The girl is Eliza Kelman, she's a music producer in Los Angeles and takes pride in her job. She loves to part... More

Prolouge//Cover Cred
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Spin Offs

16

13 1 0
By whiteflags330

9:00 A.M.

Today is a new day. Luckily for me, I don't have to deal with Ariana Grande. I get to record an actual great band, I mean, I would hope that they're great. I mean, I trust Haynes, if they say they're great, then they are. But some people are tone deaf and I didn't really hear Hayne's taste in music or if he even knows what good singing is. Oh no, now I'm like super paranoid. Okay, I should just take a deep breath. Why am I so worked up over this anyways? I never felt like this with anyone else. I looked at the time, 9 a.m., what am I doing up this early? I don't have to be there until 11. I shrugged and went into the kitchen. Haynes was there, I was expecting him to be gone already. I was wearing a Ghostbusters pj set, tank top and shorts and black and white sporty knee socks. Haynes was already dress, he was wearing grey ripped jeans, a maroon t-shirt, red and black converse, that one watch that he always wears and a grey blazer.

"Morning!" He was really chipper.

"Uh, thought you would be gone by now?" I questioned.

He shrugged, "I slept through my alarm, but I got up 2 hours later."

"Right."

"What do you think? Jacket or no jacket?"

"Jacket, I guess. Why?"

"Gracie and I are going somewhere important."

"Um, where?"

"I promised her that I wouldn't tell you. But later today I can."

I just nodded.

"But who cares about that? You're seeing my sibling's band!"

"True," I replied with a bit smile, "But, um what kind of music do you listen to?"

"Don't worry, they're good. I've seen a few of there gigs." He smiled a little.

His smile is reassuring. What am I even thinking? Of course they're going to be good. He finished breakfast, we ate, he headed out and I thought it would be best to go to the studio sooner. Just better than sitting around and nothing for the next hour. I changed into a denim bralet with spikes over it, dark blue skinny jeans, army green converse and a white flower crown. I left.

When I showed up to the studio, I realized the band wasn't coming in until 2 pm. Sometimes I get so nervous, that I forget the simplest things. I just shrugged, I can get some work done ahead of time. This probably works out best, I'm worried, so I can be extra prepped for them. But first, I should get some coffee. I knocked on Donnie's door to see if he wanted anything. He's always in early in the morning. I have no idea why. He told me to come in.

"Someone's here early." He pointed out while looking at his phone.

I rolled my eyes. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a grey t-shirt that has an octopus design on it and black boots.

"What's up?" He asked putting his phone away.

"I'm getting coffee, you want anything?"

"Black coffee with 2 creams."

I nodded, "Got it. You know, you actually look attractive without that jacket."

I left. I got to the coffee place and ordered the coffees. I also got myself a lemon scone. As I was walking back to the studio, I ran into Haynes' older brother, Edwin. It was weird. Now that I know him, I feel as if I have to stop and say hi. I know Haynes would just tell me to completely ignore him, but we already made eye contact. We both stopped and said hi. It was a bit awkward.

"Uh, so where did Haynes meet you again?"

"At the ER." I don't need to go into details.

"Okay, cool."

"I have to get back to work." I replied.

He nodded, "Me too."

We both went our separate ways. Could that have been anymore awkward? I shrugged and went back to the studio. When I got there, the band was already showing up. An hour earlier than they were suppose too, but that works out. I gave Donnie his coffee and he followed me into the studio room.

"This band better be good and not complete waste of time." Donnie said as they were setting up.

"Haynes says that they're good."

"You guys haven't been dating for that long and you already trust his music choices?"

"Yeah, he must really mean something to me. Considering the fact I don't even know what type of music he listens to."

Donnie looked shocked, "I gotta learn his secrets."

The band walked out to meet us. I already know Amber and Derrick. Derrick was wearing dark blue ripped jeans with a black and white Marlboro tank top, white converse and a feather necklace. Amber was wearing a black tank top with dark blue ripped skinny jeans, black high heel boots and gold spiked cuffs on both wrists.

"Derrick, please tell me you don't smoke." I said.

"Why?"

"Because that's what my dad does and I keep telling him that's how he's gonna die." I replied.

"Well, I occasionally smoke." He added.

"Yeah, I recommend that you stop." I said.

He just nodded. The other band members giggled. Now it's time to meet the other members.

"I'm Lydia Trillo, the bassist." The tall girl with strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes said.

She was wearing black shorts, a black and red corset, black high heel boots with silver spikes on the heel and winged earrings. The nest person was a guy with messy brown hair and dark brown eyes, he was wearing light blue knee ripped jeans with a hamburger and fries design white t-shirt and dark purple slip on Vans.

"I'm Aaron Michaels. I play the guitar."

The final guy had styled shirt brown hair and dark brown eyes, he was wearing dark blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, black shoes, a blue and silver ball necklace and a silver watch that has a bit of pink on it.

"Bentley Conner, keyboardist." He smiled a bit.

"What does your watch say?" Donnie asked.

"Oh, one of my girls got it for me. It says best dad ever." He added.

Donnie and I both raised our eyebrows.

"Girls like rich guys and most of them have daddy issues," He added.

"Well alright, lets hear what you guys can do."

They got into the studio and started to play. Not bad at all. They do kind of remind me of Simple Plan meets Fight Like Apes. Amber is really good at singing. I stopped them.

"Okay, you guys sound good. I'm just going to be needing everyone to record separately. We'll start with Aaron, then Lydia, then Bentley, Derrick and finally end it with Amber." I smiled.

They were so excited to start their dream jobs. I get it, being in a band is awesome. Middle school and 9th grade I was in a band. We sucked, but no one cared. Music has always been my passion and I can tell these kids love it. I love seeing people excel in what they love. Which actually kind of makes me sad to think about. Gracie got suspended, I think we all know that. But her passion was art. She made the best paintings. She always denies it, but I've seen what she can do. Maybe Haynes could give her some pointers. I don't even think he knows though. I hope he finds out soon, that'd be awesome. Gracie could come over all the time, I love having her over.

As the band was playing one by one, Donnie walked in. He didn't look too good. I don't care if he just leaves and rest. Then again, he's always trying to prove to my dad that he can work through anything. Speaking of which, my dad's suppose to visit in 2 days. I am so excited. Anyways, Donnie said that he had to talk to me in private. I told the band to keep playing, I'd be right back. I walked into Donnie's office, completely confused.

"I just got a call from your dad's landlord." Donnie looked weird.

"And?" I asked.

He just hugged me tightly. That's when I figured it out. I hugged Donnie as tight as I could and held back my tears for some reason. I had no idea he was even sick. I don't know why I just didn't cry. I don't understand. I stepped back and just left without a word. I went back to my apartment after realizing that I left my my phone there. Two missed call. I tried calling Haynes, but he didn't pick up. Neither did Sabrina, Sam, Gracie or Chloe. Finally Lewis picked up. I asked him to come to my apartment. He knew I wouldn't call him unless it was something serious. I only ever text him.

Lewis rushed to my house and he didn't even knock, practically took off the door from the hinges. He hugged me right away.

"My dad." I said.

Lewis sat me down, I'm pretty sure he guessed it. But boy did he looked traumatized, "Eliza. I am so sorry. Did you talk to anyone else about this?"

"Just Donnie. He said my dad's landlord called."

"Do you have the landlord's number?"

I nodded, "The landlord did call me, I just can't do it alone."

I called the landlord back and we talked about what happened. I told them any information they had would be great because I couldn't leave my place. The landlord said that he had lung cancer for years. The landlord thought I knew. After all I got all the information, I just can't go into details, I hung out.

"I told him those damn things would kill him."

Lewis just sat with me for a bit. He eventually got up and made some food. I just laid on my couch, I just feel so empty. I have no words to describe how I'm feeling, I don't know what to do, what to say. I just don't understand. The landlord also said it was my job to plan the funeral. Like I'm not a mess already. The only thing I know is that my dad wants a live band. Every time he would talk about his wedding, it was always awesome to have a live band. I'm going to make this right for him. The perfect funeral.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.2K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
95.1K 1.6K 37
When the one-night stand turns two-night stands turns sex friends turns...well, good question OR After a mindblowing one-night stand with her cel...
259K 10.5K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
67.8K 2.5K 48
𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐁�...