Dugout Girl

By pilms_4

Twenty year old Lucy Martin has been proving herself to the MLB world. Being the younger sister of Russell Ma... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty One

1.8K 36 13
By pilms_4

"Stop it Alex!" I squealed as I dodged his hands as he tried to tickle me again.

"But Lucy, you're so cute when I tickle you!" He whined.

"Alex, don't you dare," I threatened.

"I just can't help myself!" He exclaimed as he tickled me, sending me into another wave of laughter.

"Alexander David Bregman, stop!" I screeched.

"I suppose, but I leave Toronto tomorrow and I want to take you out. Come on. Get all dolled up for me," he asked.

"Alright. I'll go out with you. I'll even put on high heels. Not my cleats," I joked.

"It'll be nice to see you in something other than a baseball uniform. I bet I could get you a job for the Astros if we get super serious," he told me.

Wow. A job where I get to see Alex every day!

"I'd like that a lot," I smiled. "Now shoo if you want me to get all prettied up for you!"

"Alright be ready by seven," he said getting up.

It was five thirty. Shit.

I ran to the bathroom and showered and shaved my legs cause you never know what could happen! Just kidding it's because I'm wearing a knee length dress.

After I got out I dried off and slid into my knee length red dress. I did my makeup and put on my favourite red lipstick.

I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I then put it into a man bun because they're cute on a girl too.

I looked at the time and seen I had a half hour to spare.

I put on my perfume and slid into my black strappy sandals. My god I look amazing.

I sat on my couch and waited for Alex to text me. It was five to seven when there was a knock on the door.

My heart fluttered in my chest, but I opened the door to Josh D. I frowned.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You can't go out with Alex. Not tonight. Not ever," he told me.

"You aren't the boss of me. I'm going out with Alex whether you like it or not," I spat as my phone went off, a text from Alex saying that a he's here. Perfect timing.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date to go on," I said shoving past him.

"You're making a huge mistake!" He called after me.

I just ignored him as I pressed the elevator button. I walked in and when the doors opened again, I was greeted by the smiling face of Alex.

|||||||||

"Lucy, would you like the job in Houston? I asked my manager, and he said that he'd love to have you in the dugout," Alex offered.

"You know what? I'll take it. I need a change. I love being with the Blue Jays, but honestly it's too weird now. I may have history with them, but I definitely have chemistry with you. I'll tell John tomorrow. Thank you for tonight Alex," I said pressing my lips to his cheek before stepping into the elevator.

"Anytime Lucy, see you tomorrow," he said as the elevator doors closed.

I don't know if I'm making a huge mistake or not, but I'm about to find out.

|||||||||

"Hey John, can I have a word?" I asked as I knocked on the open door.

"Sure kiddo, what's up?" He asked. He must've sensed something wrong because I never call him John.

"I've been thinking a lot over the last little bit, and I need to step down from my job. I think I let things get too personal, and I have ruined things for myself. I stepped outside of the professional box and I ruined things. And I've been offered a job with the Astros. I think that it's time for a new beginning. And this time I'm not going to let anything personal get in the way."

"Wow kiddo. That's a lot to take in, but I respect your decision. It's gonna feel a lot less homey here without you, but I hope that you'll join me again later on in your career. You're staying for one last game right?"

"Of course," I whispered.

He nodded and I went into the clubhouse for what was almost the last time.

I got changed into my uniform when the guys came in from BP.

"Hey Lucy! Ready for today?" Michael asked in his always chipper voice.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Are you okay? You seem a little down," he asked.

"Yeah I'm good just-"

"Aww did Alex break your heart?" Josh teased.

I felt my face get hot so I left the clubhouse and went to the dugout. And of course the Astros were taking their BP.

"Hey! Lucy!" Alex called running over to the dugout.

"Hey," I said sitting down.

"What's wrong?"

"Just emotional. This is my last game in Toronto as a Jay. These guys have been my everything for the past two years. I don't know if I can go to Houston. I don't know if I can go through with it. I may have history with these guys, but they're my rock. I need them. I'm sorry Alex I just can't do it," I said as a few tears slipped down my cheek.

"Ugh women and their emotions," he muttered as he walked off.

"You were gonna go to Houston?" A voice said.

I turned my head and seen Ryan.

I nodded and wiped my tears. I hate crying.

He pulled me into a hug, and I inhaled his familiar scent. His arms felt like home and there was no place I'd rather be than right here.

A/N: Omg guys! I'm so sorry for taking so darn long! A lot has happened lately and school has started and wow I'm super stressed out so sorry for this short chapter! But sadly updates will be coming in slower since I don't have all the time of the world in my hands! Sorry guys!
Lucy💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 10.7K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...
714K 25.8K 37
"Her second chance To fall in love with him for the first time" Widowed on her wedding day, the sweet and beautiful Amber is left feeling cold inside...
460K 9.3K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...
134K 4.1K 38
Book #5 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #50 in Romance 2024 #69 in Enemies 2024 #83 in Rivals 2023 #17 in Graphic 2023 #1...