Chapter Twenty Six

Christmas was coming fast and I had no idea what to buy for Ryan.

I wondered this as I wandered through the bustling mall, a hand rested on my barley there baby bump that was only noticeable if you knew I was pregnant.

I walked into a store and seen the cutest stuffed bear. It reminded me of the bear I had as a kid. I bought it. I wanted my child to have a special bear like I did.

I still had mine. Tucked away in my dresser so nobody could find him.

I also found a shirt and mug that said "World's Greatest Dad" and I had to buy it for Ryan because he was definitely going to be the world's greatest dad.

I smiled at my gift then went into another store. Calvin Klein cologne.

Encounter, my favourite one. I bought it for Ryan cause nothing turns me on like a good smelling man.

I knew when my ankles started hurting that it was time to go home. And when I sat in the car my back started hurting too. That's what four hours of shopping and being pregnant does to a person.

|||||||||

When I got home my eyes were kissed with the image of a topless Ryan decorating our Christmas tree. David was helping but damn Ryan looked good.

"Lucy it's not nice to stare you know," Ryan teased, coming and taking the bags out of my hand and taking my jacket.

"Sorry I just couldn't resist," I grinned sitting on the couch.

"Sleepy pretty lady?" He asked sitting next to me.

"Mmm," I mumbled.

"Wanna take a nap and we'll finish the tree after?"

I nodded my head and Ryan scooped me up and carried me to our bedroom and layed me down on our bed.

He covered us up and pulled me into his side.

"Sleep tight princess I'll be here when you wake up," he whispered as I fell asleep.

|||||||||

When I woke up I totally forgot where I was, who I was, and what day it was. I love those kind of naps.

I also love that when I wake up from these naps, Ryan is right beside me.

Right now a soft snore was coming from him and he looked so cute and peaceful.

I stroked his cheek with my finger and the corners of his lips turned up in a small smile.

Then his beautiful eyes opened and I softly kissed the tip of his nose.

"Mm good morning beautiful," he murmured.

"It's not morning you turkey," I softly laughed.

"It's not? But look the sun is coming up!" He said.

"That's the sunset, it's like 5:30," I giggled.

"Good cause I'm hungry," he said as his stomach growled.

"Come on I'll cook you something," I told him grabbing his arm.

"No way, I'm cooking for you princess," he smiled and walked out of our room.

It was nice to have a man cook for me, it was a nice break since I cook most of the time.

I walked out into the kitchen and seen Ryan prepping a homemade donair pizza. My favourite.

"Mmmm how long until that's ready?" I asked.

"About a half an hour," he said placing the pan in the oven.

"Ugh really?"

"Yes, unless you like raw pizza?"

"No I like it cooked thanks," I said getting a glass of water.

"Do you want me to make a pot of decaf coffee?" He asked.

"Nope, still gives me heartburn," I laughed.

"Well then I'd hate to see what this pizza is going to do to you then."

"I'll deal with it," I said sitting down and turning on the hockey game.

Ryan sat next to me with a glass of wine, (I swear he's just rubbing it in), and grabbed the remote and put it on the basketball game. He loves Golden State.

"Oh come on I hate Golden State!" I whined.

"Cause the Raptors are so much better," he retorted.

"Well at least we didn't blow a huge lead in the NBA Finals," I teased.

"Says the one who didn't even make it to finals," he said sticking his tongue out.

"Can we watch the Preds game?" David asked coming out of his room.

"Anything if it means I don't have to watch this lame excuse of a basketball game," I said acting disgusted.

"Yesss," he said grabbing the remote.

I smiled because it didn't take much to make David happy.

I got up and went to my room and over to my dresser and opened the third drawer.

A brown teddy bear looked back at me and I smiled as I picked it up and hugged it to my chest.

It still kind of smelled like home. I looked at the bear and I was swarmed with childhood memories

The time I went to my first sleepover and I forgot my bear and cried until my parents brought it to me.

Or the time I was in the hospital for almost a month and I had my bear with me the whole time.

I remember when Russell and I went on our first flight together when we were young, and I had my teddy bear and he had his too, so I wouldn't look silly with mine.

Oh I miss my childhood.

"Hey, the pizza is ready now," Ryan said grabbing a sweatshirt and putting it on.

"Alright I'll be out in a second," I said putting the bear back in my drawer.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Just something from my childhood that I'll tell you about later," I told him and went to get some pizza.

|||||||||

"And that is the story of my teddy bear," I said as I finished telling Ryan about the stuffed bear that resided in my third drawer.

"Wow, I hope our little baby gets a special bear too."

"Our little baby already does because I bought him or her one today while I was shopping," I said getting up to go get it.

"Oh wow Luce it's almost identical to yours," Ryan remarked.

"I know that's why I bought it. I'm excited to find out the gender of our baby. I hope it's a little boy for you," I told him.

"Nah I want a little princess cause then you'll be my queen," he said kissing my forehead.

"I think I'd like that," I smiled snuggling into his chest with my special teddy bear.