Chapter Ten

I woke up the next morning at seven. I would have slept in but physio therapy was at eight.

I slipped out of bed without waking Ryan up, and decided I would shower. But I couldn't get my shirt off. I tried and tried but I just couldn't without Ryan helping me.

I felt so useless. I started to cry. I left the bathroom and decided that I would have to wait until after I ate breakfast to wake up Ryan so he could help me.

I made toast and could hardly even put the peanut butter on it without it falling to the floor.

Frustrated I sat at the table and ate my toast. Then Russell stumbled into the kitchen in his sleepy state. He noticed my red eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm just frustrated that I can't do anything by myself anymore. I always need Ryan to help me with everything. I am such an independent person I hate being useless," I told him finishing my toast.

"Luce, don't worry about it. Ryan clearly likes you a lot and would do anything to help you. You just have to be willing to accept the help you need. And you're not useless, just give it some time, you'll be using that shoulder again in no time. Trust me, we're Martin's, we're strong and we bounce back quickly. And trust me, you will too," he said kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks Russ," I told him giving him a hug.

"Anytime Luce, what are big brothers for?"

I laughed and then went to go wake Ryan up.

"Ryan," I said shaking his shoulder. He grunted. "Ryan get up I need help," I said more sternly.

He sat up rubbing his eyes and looked at me. He brought me into a hug before asking what I needed help with.

"I need to shower asking be at physio in forty five minutes and I can't take my shirt off, I need your help."

"Of course I'll help you," he said taking me to the bathroom.

He helped me out of my shirt then asked, "Do you need help with anything else?"

"Uhm yeah, can you unhook my bra?" I asked smirking.

He coughed, trying to hide his smile and then undid the claps. I held my bra up with my arm and thanked him as he left.

Oh my I'm such a tease.

|||||||||

Ryan picked me up from physio at ten and my shoulder hurt like hell. My therapist told me my muscles are fused together and we can really start moving them. So that's what we did today. She also told me to ditch the sling.

So when I walked out without my sling, Ryan stared at me agape.

"It's not nice to stare you know," I said smiling.

"Your sling is gone," he said pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah it is, and my shoulder still hurts like hell. Especially after today. But I got these exercise bands that I can stretch my shoulder out with," I said showing him the three bands I got today.

"Can I help you with that?" He smirked.

"Of course you can," I said as he pressed his lips to mine.

"Come on, we have a BP to attend," he said opening my door.

"My bag is at home," I told him.

"Nope I grabbed it on my way out," he said putting the car into drive.

"You're the best."

He smiled and grabbed my hand.

When I walked into the clubhouse everyone noticed that my sling was gone.