Chapter Eight

I woke up snuggled into Ryan's side. And David was back to his usual recliner chair.

The TV was shut off and the food lady was at the door. I got up and grabbed my disgusting looking breakfast and thanked the lady.

I climbed back onto my bed and pulled my pull out table so I could awkwardly eat with my left hand.

I shoveled yogurt into my mouth and Ryan started to stir.

"Good morning," I said to him as he groaned. "Come on it's almost eight, I have physio in a bit so I can go to the game today," I encouraged.

"Ugh I'm awake," he said sitting up.

"Want my eggs? I hate eggs," I asked.

"Absolutely, I love eggs," he said grabbing my fork.

We ate in silence and then I asked him to help me change my shirt.

I had to wear a short sleeved shirt to physio, my therapist preferred it, so I put on my only short sleeved Blue Jays shirt and my athletic shorts and asked Ryan to tie my Nikes for me.

"Am I allowed to come?" He asked.

"No my therapist won't allow it," I told him.

"That's a bummer, I guess I'll wait here, I hope David doesn't mind," he said pecking my cheek before I left.

Physio was hard today because they really wanted to see how much I could move my shoulder muscles. It hurt like hell.

After changing into my uniform, Ryan, David and I got into Ryan's sports car and went to Rogers Center. I had snatched a near dugout seat for David on today's sold out Canada Day crowd.

The boys took BP and I stood in the dugout and watched. My red jersey making me proud to be Canadian.

The boys had a great BP and when I gave them their pre-game chat, they were bouncing with energy. People from coast to coast were watching Canada's team, and they loved playing for Toronto. Nobody else could say that they had their whole country behind them.

The home plate umpire was really sucking ass today, he called strike three on Edwin when it was clearly a ball.

Edwin didn't like that, so he gave the umpire his piece of mind. Then the umpire threw him out. Fucking bastard.

Then Gibby went out to see what was going on and the umpire threw him out too!

"I'm going out there," I said to Pete who was sitting beside me.

"Oh no you're not little miss. You stay right in here, you don't need to be ejected too," he said putting his hand on my good shoulder.

"You're right," I said as John and Edwin came into the dugout.

I gave them a small smile as Gibby told me that I was in charge. Pete gave me a small smile because this was usually his job.

"Thank you John," I told him.

They both retreated to the dugout as I walked over to the lineup card. I needed a new DH. I looked over my options. Ryan, Devon or Josh Thole.

I wasn't going to use Josh because I needed him incase Russell got hurt or ejected. He rarely gets ejected though.

I settled for Devon and told him that he was the new DH. He was very happy that he could play.

The Indians took an early one to nothing lead, and Marcus made it six and two thirds innings.

"Good job Stro," I said walking out to the mound taking the ball from his hands.

"Thanks Luce," he said before walking to the dugout.