Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 13 Wake Up Call

2.6K 106 12
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite  

I then turn over towards Luka, and give him a short kiss on the lips. "Goodnight Luka" I say softly and sweetly.

"Goodnight Sophiejane, I love you" He tells me.

"I love you to" I tell him.

Then we relax, and as I starts to fall asleep Luka wraps his arms comfortably around my body. Just a few seconds later, we both fall asleep, listening to our bond fountain and watching the golden candle flame dance around the darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

A loud ear piercing howl wakes me from my sleep, and my eyes open. I look towards the window, and see that it is still mostly dark outside. I then look around the room confused. Why on earth would somebody wake me up at this time of the morning? I ask myself. Then something hits me. That howl was Elliot's, and right when I think that, I feel someone trying to connect the mind link, I pick it up. I don't even get the chance to say Hello.

"Sophie!" Elliot's voice all but shouts on the other end, he sounds frantic.

"Elliot, what's going on?" I ask, sounding worried.

"Well, the good news is, we've got Alex and we're on the way home. The bad news is, well..." He trails off, unable to finish. When Elliot trails off, I know it must be bad.

"Spit it out Elliot" I tell him.

"Ace is hot on our heals" Elliot says, my eyes go wide.

"Okay, I'll be at the meadow just as soon as I can" I tell him.

"We're about a mile away with Ace gaining on us, so you might want to hurry" He tells me.

"Copy that" I say as I disconnect the mind link

I then look towards Luka, and smile. He is looking so peaceful right now in sleep, but I can't go anywhere with his arm wrapped around me, not that I'm complaining, It takes me a moment before I am able to gently pry Luka's hand away and sit up, Luka stirs around for a moment but he doesn't wake up. I look back around towards him. "I have to go and take care of something Luka, but I'll be back. I love you" I whisper, as I give him a soft kiss in between the eyes. I then stand up and walk out of the room.

I walk over to Shelby's room but before I can open the door, she does it for me. "Good morning Sophie, Yes, I heard" Shelby says as she walks out of her room.

"Okay, then go to the pack hospital and tell the medical teams to be waiting on standby, I'm pretty sure that Alex or any of the others are going to need medical attention when they get back onto my pack grounds" I tell her as we go down the stairs, when we reach the bottom she gives me a nod.

When we come outside I shift and take off running towards the meadow, while Shelby takes off running towards the pack hospital. When I get into the forest, I connect the mind link to Keith to tell him the news.

"Keith are you there? They..." I'm cut off.

"We know, Elliot told us, and now I'm freaking out over here" He says, his voice sounding a little panicked. Wow, I would expect that tone more from Elliot, Cody, or even from Quinn, but never coming from Keith. But then again, this is his mate we're talking about, so why wouldn't he be panicking.

"Listen. Just try to keep your cool in till I can get there, I'm on my way" I tell him.

"I'll try Sophie" Keith replies before I cut the link.

When I get there I see my uncle and Keith standing in a sentry position on the bank of Citrine River, looking intently onto the other side. I walk over and stop in the space between them. "How's it going?" I slightly snarl looking towards them.

"Fair enough" My uncle snarls back to me.

"Keith, what about you?" I ask.

"I'm still the same Sophie, I'm so on edge" He tells me. "I always knew I had a mate out there, but never once did I imagine that she would be in a rival pack. If I would've known she was the Omega, I would have been there to protect her, to love her, to care for her. Heck, if I would've known she was even there during the rescue of Luka last year, I would've gone and got her, I would've been able to protect her from what they've put her through. I've been so, so, so..." I cut him off.

"Stop beating yourself up over this, it's not a good thing for you to do. I mean I should know, I've been in your shoes" I tell him. "How do you think I felt when I first found Luka? In the beginning I felt so guilty for not coming to him sooner, and I wanted to blame myself for everything bad that had happened to him."

"What happened?" Keith grumbles.

"He forgave me, I forgave myself, and I also learned that the past stays in the past' I reply to him. Look, this is all normal for you when you have an abused mate, but over time you will learn that whatever happened to them before, can't happen to them as long as they're with you."

"But this isn't like you and Luka, what if she doesn't forgive me, what do I do then?" He whimpers slightly.

"Then you'll have to prove and show to her just how much she means to you, besides. You won't know that's the case until she's here, so just relax until then" I tell him, then I hear the sound of snapping and breaking, and my ears perk up.

I then look up towards the mostly dark sky, and hear a large number of birds flying the other way. I know that means trouble. I look back across the river and see Elliot carrying a young girl in his arms just booking it towards the river, with Ace's pure black wolf hot on his heels. We already ourselves and hold our breaths for what could happen in the next few moments.

"Faya and Quinn, you two go on ahead of me!" I hear Elliot shout from the other side of the river, I see him then go to the side, and Faya and Quinn come up from behind and pass him, crossing the river first. Why does he always have to put others before himself?

When they get across, they both turn towards each other.

"Are you okay?" Faya asks him, Quinn nods. "Are you, watashi no yuiitsu no kanojo wa, ōkami?" He asks her, she too nods her head.

I then look up and see that Elliot has made it to the bank on the other side, but when he's almost half way across, he stumbles slightly, and Ace charges into the river after him. I take a quick look and see that he's lying in the center of the river. That's neutral ground, I think to myself, I charge after him without holding anything back.

I catch him off guard as I get a good few bites into his chest, and take a few good snaps at his neck, trying to distract Ace so that Elliot and Alex can get across. Once I know they are safe on the other side of the river, I push him back over to his side, and run back towards mine. When I get back on my side, I shake myself off. I seem to have escaped our little tussle unscathed. That's a first, I think to myself.

"Sophie, please take me back" I here Ace slightly howl from his side if the river.

"Do you think almost killing me, my pack mate, and nearly killing one of your own is reason for me not to?" I growl loudly at him.

"Sophie don't you have one pathetic Omega already, why did you have to take mine?" Ace slightly snarls. Keith then walks up alongside me, his eyes intent on Ace's.

"She's my mate you fool" He growls loudly at him, and Ace growls in response, you never growl to an Alpha. Curse you Keith for not putting a lid on that big beak of yours, I think to myself.

Both wolves, Ace, and Keith, clash at each other head on, snapping and biting at each other's necks and faces as they do so. A sharp yelp comes out from amongst the storm of growls, smashing teeth and jaws, but it didn't come from Keith, I think it came from Ace. Did Keith manage to get a bite out of an Alpha? He must have gotten a good hit, I think to myself.

Keith then fights Ace off, and once again he runs back towards his side of the bank, now I'm confused. Why would Ace be defeated so easily? I mean its one thing for an Alpha to lose to another Alpha, but for an Alpha to lose to a Head Beta, is almost unheard of.

I then look towards Ace, not trying to be threatening, but just to look at him. His brown eyes no longer look alive, they look dark, misty, and lost, like there's nothing not a soul inside of him anymore, as If he's just an empty shell. This isn't the Ace I once knew, I tell myself. Even though he's my rival, and I shouldn't be worried about him, I do know him better than I'd like to admit, and at the moment I know something is very wrong with him.

"Ace, what's happened to you, why have you let yourself go?" I grumble slightly, concerned for him this time.

Ace replies with a huff, then he turns around and walks away, limping slightly. That was rude, all I was going to do is ask him if he needed some help, I say to myself. Then again he is an Alpha male, and they're usually that way, nothing we can do about that.

I wait for a few moments to see if he comes back for round two, when he doesn't Keith and I then turn around. Elliot's comforting a young girl in his lap with long black hair, with a single silver stripe going through it, but I can't see anything else about her just because it's so dark, Keith and I shift back to our human forms, and then he crouches down softly in front of the girl and Elliot.

"Hi Elliot, is this Alex?" I ask him softly.

"Yes, this is Alex" He confirms.

Keith's eyes then light up. "Hello my angel" He says softly to her.

"Elliot, does she need medical attention?" I ask.

"Yes Sophie, she has a lot of open wounds and bruises" He replies.

"Well then, we better get her to the pack hospital, come on little one" I say.

"She can't Sophie, she's very weak, she can't even stand up, that's why I had to carried her back on foot" He tells me. That makes sense. "And before we take her anywhere, there's something else I have to tell you about her right now" He then says.

"We're listening Elliot, go on" I tell him.

"She's nude" Elliot then tells us.

If this is true and she doesn't have anything on her, in the middle of winter, then she most likely is going to freeze to death. Within a blink of an eye, Keith speaks up. "Let me carry her. I don't trust you doing it Elliot, and even though Sophie's a girl, I don't trust her doing it ether." He says, standing up and holding his arms out. "Come on guys, I can keep her warm."

"We have no choice on the matter. Alright Keith you can carry her to the hospital" I tell him, Keith then picks her up bridal style without thinking twice about it.

"Wait Keith, not that fast, she has never..." Elliot tries to tell him, but is cut off when a loud, fearful scream comes from Alex's mouth.

Keith then gets a pitiful look in his eyes, like he's just got shot with a silver bullet, and now only has seconds to live. "What did I do to her, what's wrong?" He then asks, turning towards Elliot.

"Well. If you would have let me finish and listened to what I was about to tell you, you would have learned that Alex has never been shown an act of kindness in her life. Like Luka, all she knows is pain, fear, and hurt. So when you picked her up and she first felt the sparks, she didn't know what to make of them. That's why she screamed out a moment ago, because as far as she knows, you're another male that want's to hurt her, and beat her."

Keith then looks back down at her, and smiles warmly. "Shh... Hey, its okay you're safe with me, I'm not going to hurt you, you're my other half, how could I. I love you so much already" He then says sweetly. A moment later Alex then opens her eyes, they're green flecked with gold, and they seem to be lighting up the night sky. I can then see fear in them, and so does Keith. "Here, give me your hand" He says as he picks up her hand, and gently places it to the side of his face. Her breathing slows, and her eyes soften. She must be feeling the sparks that Keith's generating, I think to myself as I look on. "There you go, there you go my Angel, you just go right to sleep" Keith softly says as he then watches Alex's eyes shut, just as quickly as they opened.

Keith then looks up towards the both of us, being careful not to remove Alex's hand from his face. "We need to get her warmed up ASAP, but I don't think we'll be able to get to the pack hospital on foot" He tells us, I then shift and speed walk over in front of them

"Here, both of you climb on my back, and I'll get you where you need to go ASAP, don't worry" I grumble.

Keith walks over towards me, and climbs on to my back without dropping Alex, and then places her gently in his lap. "Sophie, are you sure you want to do this?" He asks, just as he gets him and his mate settled.

"I'm sure, you just need to keep her warm" I lightly snarl back, I then look towards Faya and Quinn. "Thanks a lot you two, y'all both can go home now" I say to them.

I then turn towards my uncle. "You can go home now two if you want to" I tell him.

"No Sophie, I'll stay out here a little bit longer, you just get her to the hospital" He replies back in a grumble, I nod to him and then turn my head back around.

"Come on Elliot, let's go" I slightly snarl.

"I'm right behind you Sophie" He slightly grumbles only a second before we both take off, leaving the meadow behind us.

As my paws pound down and make contact with the soft snow under them, I feel Keith shift slightly and pull Alex into his chest to keep her warm. "There you go my angel, that should keep you somewhat warm" I hear Keith softly tell her.

Contrary to what you might have seen in movies or read about in books, only male werewolves get boiling hot to the touch. This is because male wolves have the need to show off, and show their dominance over the lower members of the pack, and it also helps keep them warm when they're outside working in cold weather. Females have this to, but for most of them it's only when in wolf form. However since I'm the Alpha I have the same body temperature as the boys, and it comes in pretty handy more often than you'd think.

A loud whimper snaps me out of my thoughts, my guess it was from Alex. "Hold on Alex, I can see the lights from the hospital, hang in there" I whimper as I push my body to run harder, much faster.

...

As we run up to the pack hospital entrance I crouch down, and Keith gently slides off with an asleep looking Alex in his arms, then Elliot and I shift back into our human forms and we all rush inside.

Now that we're in the better lighting of the hospital I look towards Alex, and begin to look her over, my medical training kicking in. Her mostly black hair is all matted up and sticking up in all different directions, giving her a slightly frizzy look. She's skinny, I can almost count each one of her rib, shoulder, and leg bones, I can even slightly see the bones on her feet and toes. Her warm beige skin is covered by a layer of built up dirt, and is also dotted by several small open wounds and a few larger ones, just like Elliot had told us. Keith and I don't want to look down further then we have to, so instead we look at Alex herself.

Her body shaking, but I think it's from the cold and not from fear, just as I'm about to break down and give my shirt to her for her to wear, my aunt, Shelby, and the others rush over with a gurney with a blue sheet draped over it.

"I'm sorry Sophie, we were back there getting the bed ready when we heard you guys come in" My aunt says, sounding almost apologetic.

I just smile warmly at her. "No need to sound so apologetic aunt Sherry, at least we got her here in time so that now you can get her fixed up" I tell her.

"That's true. Okay Keith, bring her over, and lay her down" She says, looking from me to him.

"Yes Ma'am doctor Sherry" Keith replies in a nod, he then walks over and places her gently on the bed.

As soon as Keith lets go of her hand Alex starts to freak out again, the other nurses and my aunt and Shelby try to soothe her as best they can, but no dice she still continues to scream and shake in fear. Keith looking pitiful again gently grabs a hold of her hand, and almost instantly the screaming and shaking stop.

"I'm right here my angel, don't worry I'm not going anywhere, you can't get rid of me that easily" He says with a chuckle, trying to lighten her mood, and it seems to work. The thin corners of her mouth come up in like a little twitch, and she gives him a tiny smirk. Keith smiles warmly at her, and then looks up towards my aunt. "I will have to go back there with her doctor, she can't live without my sparks, they're a comfort to her."

She nods. "Okay Keith, we understand. Guys, why don't you go ahead and take her and him back to the room, I'm going to talk to Sophie for a minute" She tells them, as a nameless nurse covers Alex up with a leopard print blanket to keep her warm, before they roll her and Keith down the hall, my aunt then walks towards me.

"Is she going to be okay?" Elliot and I both ask her in sync.

"She'll be fine give her enough time to heal, rest and eat, and she should make a full recovery. I mean, I've seen worse in this hospital" She then tells us.

"Who was the worst?" I ask.

"Well, who do you think it was Sophie?" She asks back, looking at me like I should already know the answer, and I do.

"Oh Luka" I reply, and she nods her head. "This is going to be like Luka all over again, but this time I won't be the one healing her emotional trauma, it will be Keith" I then tell her.

"Yes, but hopefully she'll be alright" My aunt tells me, then a question pops its way into my mind.

"What about Misty?" I ask her, sounding worried.

"She's doing okay, she's resting in one of our wolf rooms because it's still too painful for her to shift back. I gave her a drip of Yip-Nip to help her with the pain, and Colt hardly has not left her side or slept any since they've got her here, but that's normal." She then looks down the hall, and then back towards me. "Alright, take care Sophie, I've got to get back to work" She tells me, as she puts her arms around my neck.

"Okay, good to see you Aunt Sherry" I say as we then break apart, then as she starts to walk away, Elliot speaks up.

"Hey Doctor Sherry" Elliot calls out to her.

"Yes, Elliot?" She asks, looking towards him.

"If you see Keith harm her in any way, you mind link me, and I'll come running" Elliot then replies to her.

"Alright Elliot, will do" My aunt tells him as she disappears down the hallway.

I turn back around. "Well, that was fun, but now I'm going home so that I can go back to bed, thanks Elliot for helping and putting your life on the line for her" I say to him.

"Sophie it was my pleasure, but can I crash for a few hours at y'alls place? He then asks.

"Sure, it's fine with me" I reply.

"Great, then let's go" Elliot says as he and I walk out of the hospital.

When we make it home Elliot wastes no time all but crashing on the couch, once I make sure he's settled in, I start to make my way up the stairs. When I get to our room I find it almost in the same way it was when I left, the only visual difference that I can see, is now when I look out the window I see that there's now a slight shade of blue mixed in with the darkness.

I walk over and softly lay back down on the same spot on the bed, In Luka's arms. Then out of the blue, Luka's free arm wraps around my body once again, and then pulls me in closer. He did that so flawlessly, as if he were still asleep. Did he stay awake all this time, and just wait for me to come back? Are the last questions to inter my mind before tiredness kicks in, and darkness takes its hold of me once again.

===========================================

There we go guys chapter 13 and for ones it wasn't a chapter split yay, so what did you think? This chapter wasn't even going to happen, as in it wasn't in the outline, but  then I did some calculations in my head, and figured out that this story couldn't be told without this chapter, so I just decided to run with it and see where it would take me. What do we think of Alex? A shoutout to @truebluewolf for creating this wolf for me, though I had to switch some things, I hoped you like how she turned out :-)

1. What do you guys think is wrong with Ace

2. What do you think of Alex?

3. What do you think the relationship of Kalex is going to be like?

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 41.6K 37
(Featured in Werewolf) Parker Westwood is well on her way to qualifying for the US woman's gymnastics team. Determined to be on that podium in red w...
30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...
2.8M 75.6K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...