Teach Me How To Love

By VanessaBabyS

Demi had been confident in every aspect of her life. Failing at relationships was nothing new, it never phase... More

In Denial
Someone's Best Friend
Last Word
If Only
Let It Rain
Paint The Night
Highlight
Sunshine Blue
For You
Midnight
Hide and Seek
Childish Games
And She Kissed Me Like This
Guts Over Glory
Late Night
Stay
Nothing But Time
The Windy City
Forget Me Knot
Tag
What The Heart Wants
Welcome To Life 101
Dedicated To Love
Say Yes
Stories
Crossing The Line
After Effect
Losing Sleep
Comfort In The Panic
He Knows
It Ain't Me
Las Vegas: Part 1
Las Vegas: Part 2
Love Ain't Simple
Love Even Harder
Scattered
No Promises
Jar Of Hearts
The Start
Saying Goodbye
Nerves
I See You
Touch Me With Slow Hands
I'm Sorry
Tell Me You Love Me
Stone Cold

What do you mean?

1.7K 49 0
By VanessaBabyS

~ Selena ~

     I couldn't believe Taylor had chopped off her beautiful golden locks. Her hair now sat at her shoulders, flattened straight as she took her place cross-legged on the tour bus floor. She had been trying to find lyrics for a song as I laid across the bench to her right.

     "Any more ideas?" She questioned, tapping her chin. We were heading towards the next city over. I hadn't seen Demi all that day besides when Robert was lingering outside my bus.

     "I almost hit Marissa with a door." I twisted to face the blonde.

     "Selena. How are you supposed to get on her good side if you hit her with things?" Taylor sternly glanced over at me as I shrugged.

     "It was an accident."

     "Sure." My friend smiled, shaking her head before humming. She was trying to find a beat before placing actual words on the page.

     "I could play the piano." I sat upright as Nancy, my driver, announced we'd be at the hotel shortly. An actual hotel, instead of merging and becoming one with the tour bus. Taylor made her way next to me, shifting the table into place before us.

     "So how's Nick?" She was genuinely happy for me. After her failed relationships she had began living vicariously through me. And I was not supposed to let her down, she was apparently too invested.

     "He's good." I smirked, wishing he was actually still here with me. But he had to work, just as I had.

     "Whenever you guys get married I'm totally inviting myself to be your maid of honor." Taylor clapped her hands together as I shook my head.

     "You're thinking so far ahead."

     "I know. I just want to cover all my angles." She winked before humming once more. I began tapping the table, trying to find a nice beat before I could find an actual piano. When the bus stopped however I was distracted by laughter which was very familiar. Taylor stopped as well, standing before peeling back the blinds and peering out.

     "Demi seems happy." I smiled from where I sat.

     "Uh. She's totally off her ass." Taylor studied the window as I hopped up and ran towards the glass.

     "I knew she wouldn't last that long without drinking." I frowned, wishing she could at least keep one sincere promise. "She said she wouldn't drink until the end of tour. But I suppose I shouldn't expect much. That's a part of who Demi is." I moved away just as Taylor happily danced towards the door and pulled the steel open.

     "Demi, Marissa." She waved as I groaned and followed. The two were dressed in their pajamas, Demi carrying a pillow in one arm while cupping something in the other. I stayed silent as the three exchanged a very slurred and almost incomprehensible conversation. We had followed one another inside before being lead to our rooms. Taylor was my guest, so she obviously got to bunk with me. Once in the room, I fell face first into the comforter, taking in the feeling of an actual room that wasn't closing in on you as the days went on.

     "So we'll sleep until around ten. Wake up and eat breakfast at the cafeteria and then hit up the lounge area around noon. Maybe you could do a few key piano riffs or something."

     "Taylor." I twisted myself, laying flat on my back before facing her. "Can we worry about tomorrow when it comes? I'm tired." I could already feel myself drifting off to sleep as I pushed myself under the covers. I had no clue what song I wanted to write. I wasn't great with putting words onto paper in the first place. I fell into a deep sleep, not really remembering the dream at hand. But I was abruptly awakened around eight in the morning from a knock on the hotel's door. My heart leapt as another hard hitting knock erupted from the door and into the room.

     "Who's that?" Taylor groaned.

     "I don't know." I whispered as a voice spoke up.

     "It's Robert. In need of more advice." He seemed anxious. I pulled myself from the bed and allowed him to enter.

     "Did you have to come so early?" I yawned as Taylor sat up to face the two of us.

     "And who's this?" She asked. Her eyebrow raising.

     "It's not what you think." I truthfully state.

     "And what is it that I'm thinking?"

     "That's something is going on between Robert and I, and its not." I informed her, leading the guy towards the only sofa couch in the room. The sunlight tried peeking through the curtains. The day had begun for many people, because just below, the hustle and bustle of every day life seemed evident.

     "So who's he?" Taylor piped up.

     "I'm Robert. Demi's soon to be boyfriend." He sounded cocky.

     "He wants to date Demi. I'm just helping him." I sat at the edge of the bed, wanting to fall back into its welcoming arms and catch a few more winks.

     "So," Taylor pushed herself down towards me, sitting at my side. "Apparently there's something I'm missing here."

     "It's a long story." I hinted. "So." I faced Robert. "Did you do as I suggested?"

     "Yup." He snickered, "I told her I no longer was interested in her."

      "I didn't tell you to say that."

      "How else am I supposed to have her want something she can't have? I gave her all of my good stuff already."

      "Gross." I mindlessly blinked before sighing. "How did she take it?"

      "How did she take...my good stuff?" He seriously winked as I rolled my eyes.

      "I don't see why I'm helping you anymore. Obviously I was wrong about you being right for her."

     "I was kidding. She always said you couldn't take a joke."

     "That's not a joke." I snarled.

     "Anyway. What's next?"

     "I'm still confused." Taylor cut in as I sighed and began to speak once more.

     "Demi likes someone who listens. But not just anyone, because you obviously enjoy giving your input. But she wants someone who'll challenge her mind. So, in other words, listen to her but don't say anything about your male anatomy."

     "How is that challenging for her?"

     "You've got to push her out of her comfort zone, but don't just shove her out of it. Disagree with her, but do it in a way where by the end of the night, she'll still choose to come back to you." I pointed out.

     "Hold on," Taylor cut in. "So we're helping this random guy get with Demi? But apparently he's been with her before? And now you're helping him to manipulate her because he doesn't know how to do these things on his own?" Taylor pondered. "Selena, this is a stupid idea. You know how livid Demi will get if she finds out about this right."

     "Which is why we aren't telling her." I informed the blonde.

     "But it's still manipulating." Taylor mumbled.

     "Demi likes him. She's never stayed with one..." I signaled to Robert, "...one person for so long."

      "Maybe he's just good in bed." Taylor blurted out as I shook my head, placing my head between my fingers. "My advice is to distance yourself from Demi. She hates that. Selena knows that she hates it. And although I don't get along with Demi as much as this one over here," Taylor signaled towards me, "we both know that Demi only wants what she can't have. It's a complex she has."

     "What?" I faced my friend as she studied Robert.

      "Selena also knows that considering you're one of the brunette's backup dancers, you can use that to your advantage. You have amazing abs I'm assuming from that small little tank top you have on right now. When you're dancing on stage, make it about you. Show Demi what she's missing. Does she even talk to you though?"

     "Okay." I cut in. "I already told him to distance himself from the girl. Now all he needs to do is to get her to wonder why he's...."

      "Nope." Taylor cut me off, "Demi likes confrontation. Sadly she thrives off of it."

      "Taylor." I placed my hand over the blonde's mouth. "Just keep your distance. Its harder for her to stay away from someone whose chosen to not fall into her circle, than it is for her to not want you there." I didn't allow another question or word to escape either blonde before shoving Robert into the hall.

      "Dude. You know I was right. These are all things you've said to me before about her."

     "You just repeated what I told him to do, just in a different way."

     "Right." Taylor pulled her hair into a bun before facing me. "What's his deal with your friend anyway?"

     "They've been doing things since this tour began." I strolled across the room, trying to find my suitcase but forgetting it was back on the bus.

     "Things as in 'sex?"'

     "Yes Taylor. Sex. They've been having sex. And she didn't even tell me about it until I caught the two of them naked... on an arena floor."

      "Like, butt naked?"

     "Yes, birthday suit naked." I stopped near the window, glancing out once more before sighing.

     "Did little Selena feel upset because she was left in the dark about her friend's sexual escapades?" The blonde mocked me as I glared at her, lifting my middle finger as she burst into laughter. "You did not!" She squealed in excitement. "Selena is turning into a menace. Call the police and lock her up now." She wouldn't stop cackling, so as any good friend would do, I grabbed a throw pillow and tossed it at her.

      "You're so annoying." I remarked.

       "If you're wondering about this friend's sex life," she signaled towards herself, "it's very dry at the moment."

       "Great." I scoffed.

       "What? So you want to know about Demi's sex life but not mine? Sorry it's not as moist as hers." She giggled to herself.

       "Ew, don't say that word."

      "Moist." She chuckled.

       "Shut up."

       "Moooiissstttt." Taylor's voice filled the room as I screamed and covered my ears. I left her to her own accord, walking into the hall and towards the elevator. Just as the door opened I was met by those familiar brown eyes.

       "Hey." As if I was surprised to spot the brunette in front of me, I stepped inside the elevator before I could hear Taylor from down the hall.

      "Moist." She yelled into the air. "Moist."

      "Oh god." I covered my face.

      "Is she screaming..." Demi was going to point it out as I quickly responded.

     "Yes. She's lost her mind." I wouldn't uncover my face. I was too embarrassed that the previous conversation was what lead me here and the topic at hand was standing next to me.

     "Are you heading to your bus?"

     "Yeah."

      "Uh, you should probably run when you get to the first floor. The lobby might be busy this time of day."

     "Run?" I slowly glanced over, "why?"

     "Well it could be that you're Selena Gomez." She pressed her back against the wall, "or it could be due to the fact that you don't have any pants on." Demi studied me. "I don't know. Maybe it was your intention to show the world your light-pink laced underwear, but...what do I know." She shrugged as I glanced down. My face warming from embarrassment.

     "Oh god." I mentally was blaming Taylor and her constant awkward word choice. "Oh god, no." I groaned realizing I had even let Robert into the room while I was prancing around in my shirt and underwear. "Can I borrow your jacket?" At this time I took in Demi's appearance. She had on tight leather pants with a loose top and her leather jacket. She didn't hesitate handing me the small fabric. It did only cover her midsection so it didn't help my legs much. "Okay, now let me get on your back."

     "What? Why?"

     "This jacket can only cover so much."

     "And what is my purpose in this?" She seemed anxious and a bit nervous about what was going to come out of my mouth next. As the elevator reached the first floor I slowly stepped behind Demi, tying her jacket around my waist.

     "This will cover the back," I signaled to the leather, "and you'll cover my front." Without another word from her, and without allowing her to protest, I hopped onto her back as she quickly placed her arms under my legs. Her fingers warmed my skin as I dug my face into her back.

     "I..."

     "Carry me to my bus please." I instructed, my breath playing against the back of her neck as I felt her shiver slightly.

     "Stop that." She warned me, before stepping out into the crowded lobby. I didn't dare look up, but I could hear voices all around me.

     "This was a bad idea." I shifted.

     "Lena...Sel...stay still." Demi seemed to struggle for the first few steps before we made it out the door and towards the parking lot.

     "You're doing good." I encouraged her, finally placing my chin against her shoulder. "Thanks for doing this."

     "Please don't breath against my ear." Demi seemed tense and distracted.

      "Can I ask you something?"

     "Have I ever carried a half naked woman up to a tour bus. Oddly enough, I have." She took it one step at a time, as the buses came into view.

     "Ugh, no." I could feel the wind pick up, my hands dropping to my side as Demi stopped.

     "I said be still."

     "Bossy much." I rose my arms back into place around her neck, relaxing my muscles as she continued on. In a few more feet we'd be at my bus and I'd have a chance to shower and change. "Was Marissa the one that had you drinking last night?" My question was purely out of curiosity.

     "No."

      "So...."

     "We're here." Demi tried to bend down and lower me but I held onto her tighter. "Selena, let go of me."

     "I can't walk outside half naked. Take me inside please."

     "You're so needy." She breathed out, opening the door and walking up the steps. Laying on the counter was a few of the pages Taylor and I tried to get out last night, lyric wise. Demi placed me down, studying the pages before facing me.

     "Taylor's better at writing than I am." I speak up.

     "How will you know if you don't try?"

     "I have nothing I want to write about."

     "You never know. Your mind can surprise you." Demi turned to leave. "You could always ask me to help you as well. But what do I know?" She shrugged as I rolled my eyes. "You can keep the jacket." And without another word, she stepped out of the bus and closed the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Capricorn By Neil

Fanfiction

14.3K 678 16
Sometimes, you have to find love in the darkest places.
35.3K 785 23
Demi Lovato is at the top of her career, but her personal life is not where she wants it at all. She's been struggling to stay strong. Dealing with h...
19.8K 588 11
Every broken heart takes you to a pure lovely one
239K 7.1K 75
A girl who so badly hates her parents fame soon comes into contact with someone a little lower profile to her parents, having met her at a night club...