Roses on the Sidewalk {HP}

SnowingMoon tarafından

Rose Weasley was always a good girl. She followed the rules. But when a mystery unfolds during her fifth year... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - The End

Chapter 11

2.2K 52 18
SnowingMoon tarafından

This chapter is deticated to BooBoo22 for the awesome cover she made for me (image on the side). Thank you. *-*

Chapter 11: Hogsmeade

I waited in line beside Hugo so that we could get out and get going to Hogsmeade. Filch was doing his usual routine of checking everyone out. I mean seriously, the guy could at least have a helper; an old man like him isn't fit for such, thus making us wait ages to get out.

Mrs Norris stalked the perimiter her tail up, as if looking for a bandit amongst a flock of sheep. I swear that cat must be possesed, I mean, how can a cat live that long AND stare at us accusingly? Lysandar has a theory that she can talk to Filch, telling on students she sees 'misbehaving'. Hugo leaned aginst the wall behind us and I fiddled with my scarf. Lily was bouncing on the balls of her feet- it seemed that her joy from getting into the team had extended itself.

"Are we going to see the joke shop? Fred tells me that he's probably going to be there all day." 

Her sleek red hair was short and brushed against her shoulders as she moved around. Hugo looked up and nodded. "I also want to see the Quidditch place.." His voice wavered on the word 'Quidditch' and I tried not to laugh, making Hugo get angry and chomp his mouth shut. Lorcan and Lysandar were standing behind me, so I turned around. 

"'Ello Rose!" they both said together. Their grey eyes twinkled. Scorpius's eyes are kinda similar to theirs... "Planning on going to the book store too?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded. I always go there. And I always drag someone with me. Usually Bex or Albus, even though they usually protest and keep moaning about it.

"We heard they found a nargle in there the other day." one said whilst the other nodded knowingly. Lorcan added,

"And we also have a feeling that some people are in the Shrieking Shack." he said, scratching his cheek.

"We should check that out." 

"And the therstrals-"

"Up in the caves." 

"Never forgetting to watch out for the-"

"Sented rasdeens." Both of them shook their heads. A weird brownish orage fruit hung from each of their pockets and they added.

"Those are 'Boggle Thamia' they repell the Faiile Spirits." I just nodded to go along with it. One thing I've learned from hanging out with the Twins is that sometimes they happen to be right. They might be crazy but they were alot of fun. Lysander took one out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Keep it." I stared down at the squishy round fruit and smiled.

"uh thanks, Lysander."

"Next.." Filch the filth, as Bex subbed him drawled. He 'scanned' us and checked that we all had permission to go out and grudgingly opened the great door to let us through. 

A blast of cold wind hit us straight to the face and I squinted, pulling my scarf tighter around my neck. I could spot several heads making their way down to Hogsmeade, chatting exitedly. 

"Finally! 'Bout time we get to see Hogsmeade." Hugo stalked down the path and Lily pranced after him, waving at me. I waved and they set off to meet some friend of theirs. Lorcan and Lysandar walked beside me. 

"ROOSE!" Beth flew over, almost tumbling over a branch. Her dpale blonde hair was tied back in its usual silver bow and her chocolate brown eyes found me easily. "I have to talk to you!" She breathed, clutching my arm and dragging me foward, away from the boys. 

"If it's about James I do not want to know!" I said holding up my hands. She glanced up at me and giggled. 

"Its not about Jaames." she pushed her hair aside with a gloved hand and went on, this time more seriously. "i just wanted to know If you noticed that.. Well, Scorpius Malfoy seems very sneaky lately, and he keeps glancing at- at well you!" I puffed out my cheeks. I should have seen this coming. I hope she hasn't told anyone about this because if people start thinking he likes me it's going to be really akward.

"And I thought that he maybe you knew who was doing these, umm.." she paused and tugged on her hair. "Pranks around school.." 

I sighed out. Thank Merlin- I thought she was insinuating I liked him too. "No I don't know who's doing it Beth- if I did I would have said something." 

She nodded. "And Rose, he also, um, seems to like-" Before she finished, I looked foward and noticed we were almost inside Hogsmeade. Beth apologised and said she had to meet James at a café and I wandered over to the Three Broomsticks, where Bex insisted we should meet. Albus was sitting in a dusty table on a corner and I sat down with him. Madame Rosmerta was cleaning the bar and smiled warmly at us. I pulled a cup spilling over with butterbeer towards me and took a sip. 

"Hey guys!" Bex rambled in, knocking over a chair on her way. "Oops!" She lugged it over and sat. Her hair seemed damp and she threw off her black fingerless gloves. 

"Hi Bex.." I said biting into my finger. Albus pushed her butterbeer closer to her and she threw her shoulder bag over the chair.

"Nice hair."Albus noted. Bex lifted her hand to her blonde hair which was now streaked with red.She pushed it back carelessly. 

"Yeah thanks, its for the Quidditch match." she took a long drink from her Butterbeer. "I love this place." Me and Albus rolled our eyes. She always told us that. 

I heard the door tingling as someone else came in but I ignored it, not bothering to turn around. 

"SO, who is the match against?" 

Bex nudged me in the ribs and I flinched. Albus jutted his chin towards the people behind me and whispered the answer "Slytherin." 

I turned in my chair and found Slytherins glaring at us. They grabbed their drinks and sat down in the table furthermost away from us. Some continued glaring, other ignored us and talked quietly. 

"Why are they here?"

"How would I know?" 

"Shut up you two! Lets pretend we didn't notice them, because they're not boss enough for us.." Bex sipped her Butterbeer tranquilly and set It down with an 'Aahhh...'. Me and Albus exchanged a glance. I'm not really sure sometimes whether Bex is as sane as the Scamadar twins or not.

We chatted sort of casually for about ten minutes. I heard the occasional yelp of indigence coming from the place where Lynn and some other kids were seated but mostly they spoke in hushed tones. A picture of a drunk man kept bobbing inbetween both our tables and saying random things like "Shack of Shants" and "Blubberry cheese..". I tried to see if Malfoy was there through a rusty reflection but couldn't spot his give away blonde hair.

I was staring at the last remains of Butterbeer in my cup when I heard rustling. Albus was in the bathroom and Bex grabbed my arm just as the green beasts left the room. 

"We ought to follow them!" she gripped my arm with both hands and yanked me up. "You don't suppose Al brought the invisibility cloak?" 

"I thought we were ignoring them..."I said, shaking my head and tried to pry each of Bex's fingers off my light arm. Her tan skin made my own seem like snow. I thought it was Lily who had the cloak last and doubted that it was with Albus. 

Bex sighed and pulled me to the door. "Bye Rosmertaa!" she called behind her shoulder. I dug my heels into the ground in protest. 

"Beex! We can't get into troublee! Just-no! I am NOT spying on them again!" I whined grabbing onto a post. She groaned. 

"Yes please talk a little bit louder!"Bex hissed. I raised an eyebrow and started, making people turn around to see what the mad girl with flaming red hair was doing. 

"FINE. I WILL NOT FO-"  Bex smiled to passer-bys as she covered my mouth with her hand. A breathless Albus reached us and stared quizzically at our awkward position, then turned to Bex. 

"She does have a big mouth, no?" I punched his arm and Bex wiped her hand on her skirt. "What are you two doing anyways?" 

"Just follow me!" she cried running off in some random direction. Albus started after her. I stood there staring after them. I stomped my foot annoyed and said to no-one in particular, "Fine!" And raced after them. 

I caught a glimpse of their heads turning another corner and ran towards it as fast as I could, before I lost them. We were in a narrow street and up ahead I could identify the crooked path which led to the Shrieking Shack- an old abandoned house, with dark walls which was crumbling down. Many people still believed it was haunted- even though I considered it to be utter nonsense, my stomach felt queasy. Knowing the Slytherins, they wouldn't be afraid to enter the dreaded place. Dad's descriptions didn't help much either.

Bex and Albus had stopped behind a tree and were peering at the old rickety house. Rebecca's lips were pursed and Albus's eyebrows were scrunched up. I guess they were debating weather to follow them inside or not. 

"Lets have a vote." hushed Bex as she glanced over her shoulder,"Who says we stay here?" 

I raised my hand . "We don't need any more trouble coming after us!" I said. Both of them shushed me at the same exact moment. 

"Who says we go in?" Both of them raised their hands. 

"Too bad, you're outvoted cuz. Now lets go!" Albus whispered, fake-sympathetically and he started creeping up the hill to the shack. 

'Warning do not pass' one of the notices read. Another one, with white paint said 'Beware; structure might fall' and lastly 'You were warned.'  I looked over the fence which circled the house uneasily.

It was made to make sure that people didn't pass but there were various gaps inbetween the wires. Footprints led to the door and there were faint traces that once belonged to animals. 

Bex chewed on her lower glossy lip nervously and nudged us, inching towards a gap big enough that we could crawl under. 

Oh Merlin, what am I getting myself into? 

Albus crawled in first and helped us up silently. The front door was ajar and the dusty floor was stained with recent footprints. The whole structure reeked of oldness and deteriorating. It creaked with every time we moved and doors and windows alike banged and shakes like if the house were cackling with joy from receiving visitors. I bet no one has come in here since the War.

It was a wonder no one heard - or saw- us. Voices floated down from an upstairs room. We hid under the spiraling stairs which was missing quite the number of steps, by the way, and craned to hear what was being said. Albus shivered even though no wind passed through. I stared at the floor, and could make out a faint stain on the floor. Only God knew what it was. 

Further ahed, on a closed door there was a big footprint, rather like a dogs, etched into the wood, as if the mud had become permanenet ink on the creaky rotten wood. Somewhere around the house I heard the faint patter of rat paws on the ancient floors. Then it was my turn to shiver. I never liked rats. Hugo wanted one as a pet when he came to Hogwarts, but my parents and Harry strongly disagreed with that. So he ended up with a ferret. My Dad chose it.

Bex was cocking her head, her ear pressed against the thin wall behind the stairs, straining to hear what was going on in the secret slytherin meeting. 

I mean, who else would agree to meet HERE? it could only be them.

"No-  not yet. We should wait to do that after Christmas break." a thick voice said. Probably Gordon Trembley. 

"If we don't get caught before!" a shrill voice replied. It faintly reminded me of Lynn Zabini. 

A groan was heard. Someone knocked something over. "Shut up you two! I say we do it during the Quidditch game." drawled a sneery voice.

Silence. I barely heard the murmers coming from above. "So during the quidditch match." 

"What about that bloke, Hagrunt? He checks everything. As does Hooch." Someone pointed out. Bex eyes were as round as saucers. She gestured wildly and hit Her hand against the wall with a loud Thump. She winced and shook her hand shutting her eyes tightly. 

"Oooo.." Albus covered her mouth. We all stood quietly. No one said a single thing. The only thing we heard was the creaking of the shack.

"Who did that?" a sharp voice demanded. I indicated that we should leave before they found us. There weren't many places to hide and I didn't want to risk being caught. Also, I swore a creature of some sort just ran over my feet.

Both of them stared blankly at me. I rolled my eyes- something I should probably stop doing so often and started out alone. I picked my way to the door and greeted the wind as it gushed in. I was stomping my way down the narrow road in Hogsmeade when Bex and Albus ran down hill like maniacs and puffed.  

I continued walking, scowling. If someone saw us here it would definatley seem suspicious.

And it's already enough that Scorpius keeps on staring at me.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

13.2K 222 22
The air darkened again and Rose Weasley is the lawyer of the wrong party. This causes her to deal with death treats and worse, everywhere she goes. W...
31.6K 730 45
Rose and Scorpius did not have a good experience together during their time at Hogwarts. Matching their parents' hate for each other, their house riv...
16.2K 457 23
// In which Rose Weasley's Sorting goes oddly, and she strikes up an acquaintance with two unlikely people. Mysteries unfold around the disappearance...
178K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...