Paranormal

By ohnophan

Phil just graduated from university and is off to start his new life. He bought a house for him and his girlf... More

1. House
2. Lies
3. Paranormal
5. Idea
6. Evil
7. They Know
8. Fire
9. Solution
10. Warm
11. Stay Alive
12. Bored
13. Lights Out
14. Candles
15. Human
16. Letter
17. The Other Side

4. Friends

175 7 12
By ohnophan

Dan

I can't believe I just did that. I stand in front of him and suppress laughter when I see the expression on his face. His eyes and mouth are wide open. He blinks a couple times and rubs his eyes.

"A-are you f-friendly?" Phil stutters.

'Obviously,' I write. The words come out a bit smudged since I'm left-handed. The only reason why I haven't appeared in front of him is because I don't what to scare him away.

I must admit I am a bit, what's the right word... excited. The last person I made contact with was a little 4 year old. It's not the same talking to a child and an adult.

"Wow," he whispers. "Can we be friends?" he blurts out quickly.

Can we be friends?

'I don't see why not,' I write. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Awesome! Wow I'm friends with a ghost," he says sounding amazed.

He goes to sit on the desk chair. I sit on the floor and rest my back against one of the desk legs. Phil stares at the piece of paper.

"How do I know this isn't a dream?" Phil asks skeptically.

"Do I look fake to you?" I ask as I suddenly make myself visible.

He jumps and falls off the chair. His long legs manage to kick me in the process.

"That hurt," I joke with a giggle.

"You're real! Oh my god!" he exclaims as he crawls away from me.

Ouch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I whisper as I shrink into myself. I make myself invisible and run through the wall leaving a small gust of cold wind behind. I go down the hall and stright into the guest room closet.

Why did I do that!? Am I crazy or something? I probably scared him away!

Great job, Dan. You blew your chance at making a friend.

I hear a door open and close. And then another, and another until Phil finally gets to the room I'm in.

"D-Dan?" he calls out into the empty room.

I stay quiet.

"Please, Dan? I promise you didn't scare me. I was just surprised," Phil says.

Slowly, I peek my head out of the closet. He just stares at the door. It probably looks like it opened on its own since he can't see me. Little by little I make myself visable. Phil doesn't react this time.

"How did you know I was in here?" I whisper.

"Its colder in here than in the other rooms."

"Oh."

He slowly walks over to me. I stay still. Phil comes over and stands in front of me. He looks me up and down.

"Can I touch you?" he asks.

I blush. "I-if you want," I stutter.

Phil carefully reaches up and pokes my shoulder. "Shouldn't my finger go through?" His eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Only if I choose for it to do so," I answer nervously.

He reaches up to poke me again. This time his finger goes through. Phil just stares in amazement. He lets out a small giggle. A smile finds it way onto my face.

"Cool," he says, poking me once again. "Do you want to go back to my room?"

"Sure."

Phil turns around and starts to open the door for us. I just casually walk through the walls until I get to his room. I sit on his bed as I wait for him to get here. He arrives a few seconds later. He comes and lays down beside me.

Phil

"How do you do that?" I ask as I look up at the ceiling.

"Do what?" I feel Dan looking at me.

"Go through walls and stuff."

"Its natural, I guess," Dan says thoughtfully.

"So... How, um, how old are you?" I ask, a bit awkward.

"Technically I should be 50 something years old, but as you know, I died at 21," Dan answers simply. "How old are you?"

"Wow, your old enough to be my dad." We both laugh. "I'm 25."

"Why did you pick this house?" Dan asks as he lays down beside me.

"I don't know. I kind of felt attracted to it. It was originally going to be for Eliza- nevermind."

"Yeah, I know. Elizabeth."

"How do you know about that?" I blush.

"Well, I mean, its not like I don't have ears. I heard you rant about her the other day. Kind of amusing actually," he says with a chuckle. I blush deeper.

"Its not nice to eavesdrop you know," I say as a put a pillow over my face.

"Sorry, but its not like there's much for me to do around here." I can practically hear the smile in his voice.

"What do you do?" My voice Is muffled by the pillow.

"During the day I usually watch you- not in a creepy way, I swear. And at night I just watch TV or go on the internet," Dan answers. "Its really boring. Zero out of ten, would not recommend." I laugh at the last bit.

"That reminds me, were you the one that left my laptop and camera in the living room?"

"Er, yeah sorry about that."

"What were you doing?"

"Well, I kind of uploaded a picture of your room to tumblr. Hope you don't mind," Dan says awkwardly.

I prop myself up on my elbows, the pillow falling on my stomach, and look sideways at him. He looks back at me.

"What? Why?," I laugh, "I'm guessing you rearranged my room too?"

"I'm kind of a slut for aesthetic so..." He blushes. "As soon as I saw all the house plants I knew I had to do something. I can put everything back if you want?"

"No, it's alright. I quite like it actually."

"Thanks."

"How did you learn all this stuff? I mean you're-"

"Old? Yeah, I know. I guess there's nothing to do but learn. I've probably had a tumblr since it first came out," Dan says as he puts his hands behind his head.

"Wow, Mr. Hipster. What's your username?" I ask casually.

"Danisnotonfire."

I look over to him. As soon as we make eye contact we both start laughing. We end up crying because our stomachs hurt.

"Good one," I say in between laughter.

Once we finally calm down I examine him. (that sounds weird) He's wearing a tan jumper that looks like a potato sack, black skinny jeans and black socks. His hair is in a curly fringe that is similar to mine. His dimples show every time he smiles. His eyes look at me as if he's interested in everything and anything I have to say.

He's cute.

"What are you staring at?" Dan asks as he playfully pushes me.

He ends up accidentally pushing me off the bed. I land on the floor with a thump.

"Sorry!"

We both apologize at the same time. Once again, we end up laughing like crazy.

For the rest of the day we just sit on my bed and get to know each other. We talk and talk late into the night hours. By the time I fall asleep, we have declared ourselves best friends.

***

Damn it's almost been a month. I'm sorry. School started so I've been focused on that.

I'm so happy that some of you look forward to these updates! ✨😄

I feel like this chapter kind of sucks. I've been working more on "The End" so my brian's tired.

Thank you for reading and I love you! 💖

-Ana 😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 3.2K 18
update:: this was written about two years ago, the writing is quite bad, I apologize in advance //trigger warning// //dans pov// "do you love me phi...
460K 27.5K 26
Phil is an ordinary guy with an ordinary life. Nothing very special about him, he's just normal. But it all changes when, on the weirdest day of his...
386 17 67
COMPLETE *** Two boys, Dan and Phil, are both from reasonably different backgrounds. Dan's an English scholar from a lower-class family, whereas Phil...
4.5K 145 14
Phil has a massive crush on Dan, and it keeps getting bigger with every passing moment of his life. Phil is always envious when Dan gets in a relatio...