Justice Ebony (BWWM)

Da CupidsBFF

One thing that my momma always knew I was, is ambitious. I don't give up, I refuse to give up. Blessing and c... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
...
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
15 Continued

Chapter 7

2.1K 112 37
Da CupidsBFF

"You're right, Justice I'm sorry. For pushing you away when all you did was care about me. I'm sorry for not telling you what was wrong. I'm sorry for taking your friendship for granted. I-I'm sorry for letting you get hurt. I'm sorry for leaving you alone." I felt his his eyelash brush against my hand and heat of his tears.

I turn to him and wrap my arms around his limp body, pulling him to my chest. I gently wipe the tears from his face as he cries. He feels guilty, I don't want him to. I just want him to understand that he shouldn't push away what's good for him.

"You don't have to feel bad Kyle. Everyone has hard times in their lives. People cope with them differently. But I want you to know that I've got your back 100%. Even when it's hard, it's okay to tell me. You know I won't judge you. I love you. I'd do anything to make sure your okay." I reassure him, softly rubbing circles on his back to comfort him.

"You remember that night at the hotel, when we bumped into each other?" He says in a whisper.

"Mhm."

"Well, I'd just gotten a call that my," He pauses as a tear runs down his red cheek. "My dad had been shot at a protest." He breaks into a small sob. I must be the only person he's told. I remember him telling me that his dad was the chief of police in Manhattan. He seemed like a really nice guy, from the way that Kyle talked about him. I really would've liked to meet him.

"Oh Kyle no." I whisper.

"He was killed by a 16 year old  kid. A freaking kid. The boy got two years at juvenile justice and life in prison with the chance of parole." He snuffles a little and I hand him a tissue from the small table beside me.

"You know not every black person is like that." He remains silent. "Right?" I question.

"In a crooked world like this, you can't be sure." He responds his voice low.

"Do you think... I'm like that?" I ask waiting for the pain to come.

"No, of course not Justice, you're totally different. I see that now." He says grabbing my hand again. I feel something stir in my stomach but ignore it.

"Well I'll do everything I can to help you. I'll show you the truth about black people." I tell him determined to change his state of mind.

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbles.

"You okay now?" I ask.

"Yea-, Ow!" He shrieks as I pinch his butt.

"Then get outta my bed boy." I laugh.
-------------------------------------------------
After a few minutes of talking and laughing, Kyle left. Then everyone came back from eating to sit with me for a few more hours before leaving too. Of course my mom was the last to leave but I finally got her to go.

I sit in my hospital bed laughing at Fresh Prince of Bel air when I get a call to FaceTime with Andy. I sort of was wondering why he rushed me off of the phone earlier. It had me a little scared but I know that Andy has the heart of a G.

"Hey J- what happened?!" He yelled looking me in my hospital gown.

"It was crazy, I almost got abducted." I smile.

"I don't call you one night and this happens?" He points into the camera incredulously as I laugh.

"I know, it's all your fault." I giggle.

"Anyway, what happened, cause I'm really 'bout to kill a nigga tonight." He says. I double over in laughter.

"I was going to a meeting and this guy came and tried to take me. He'd threatened me and my friend before."

"Is this the same friend from yesterday?"

"Yeah." He rolls his eyes in an exaggerated manner.

"So did you catch the guy?" He asks.

"No, I didn't get a glimpse of his face." I respond. I hope somebody catches him.

"Dang."

"So what was the problem earlier? Why did you have to get off of the phone?" I ask curious. I'm not trying to be nosey or anything.

"Oh. I'm apart of this fraternity called Alpha Alpha. Sort of a gang but we call it a fraternity for the sake of the school. Yeah but Alpha Simeon came in and he don't play games about people being our business so I had to go. Sorry J."

"It's straight. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I talked while eating my dinner. The food actually isn't that bad. Just needs some salt and pepper. Maybe some hot sauce.

"Did the guy hurt you, I don't see why you're in the hospital."

"Oh yeah. He ruptured my ribs. If I don't move it doesn't hurt." I shrug.

"You something else."

"I don't understand what you mean?" My eyes furrow as I take a bite.

"Something's always happening to you but you seem to get through it, I don't know. It's like it doesn't phase you."

"It does phase me. You remember I was just crying?"

"You were but it didn't take long for you to get right back to being you." He says smiling. Darn this boy. If he wasn't my best friend I would- never mind.

"Thanks. I mean, I've never seen you emotional."

"Oh nonono baby, you don't wanna see me emotional." He says laughing.

"What, you listen to Drake and Adele?" He's silent for a few minutes and I burst out laughing.

"I'm gonna let you get some rest. I got school in the morning."

"Awe, why you gotta leave me? I'm lonely out here." I whine as I plug in my headphones.

"I guess you just gone watch me sleep."

"I mean, it's better than being alone..."

"True."

We continue talking until we run out of things to talk about. I hear his even breaths in my ear telling me that he's fallen asleep on me. That's So Raven comes on and I start singing. He wakes up in the middle of his sleep and tells me to shut up. Oops. Then I slowly fall asleep. What a day.
---------------------------------
"Justice...JUSTICE!" My eyes snap open and I see a smiling Andy on my phone.

"What the heck Andy?"

"You look so cute when you sleep." I hold in the blush and roll my eyes instead.

"I'm headed to class. Love you."

"Love you too. Have a good day." I mumble sinking into my pillow and

"You too babygirl." He says before hanging. I was just about to drift into dreamland when the nurse noisily walks in.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I thought you were up."

"Oh no you're fine." I sigh while painfully sitting up in the bed. I found out that my ribs weren't hurting yesterday because they gave me these really strong painkillers. But they've worn off now and I feel like a wrecking ball hit me, not a hand.

After the nurse does the proper procedures she leaves the room. It's boring here. And I've got what.... two weeks left here? My god.

I hear a faint knock on the door. It can't be my mom. She went home last night. I wonder.

"Come in!" I yell.

Kyle walks through the door looking way better than he did yesterday. He wears a pair of khaki shorts, a pollo button down shirt, and a pair of Nike air maxes. Major glo up since yesterday.

"Hey Justice." He says sitting down a backpack.

"Hi." I answer trying not to stare at him.

"So how's it here?" He asks sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"S'okay. A little boring but I'll get over it."

"Oh. Well, I brought a few things for you."

"Really?" I ask getting excited. I turn to him and he has a smirk. His eyes are bright and happy. His face is cleanly shaven, not even a scar. Well dang nigga.

"Mhm." He opens up the back pack and pulls out a bag of Starbursts. Then another bag of Skittles, then another bag of Reeces Pieces. Oh god. Then a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos. The last thing he pulled out almost made me faint, Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies.

"Kyle I could marry you." I utter snatching the Skittles out of his lap.

"I do." He laughs.

"You know the way to a fat girls heart." I say chewing on the Skittles.

"Oh yeah, I thought you might want to borrow this. I know you can't get yours." He says pulling out his laptop. Is this really happening? Two days ago this kid hates me. God really does do miracles.

"Before I take this. Have you made sure that you've deleted everything you don't want me to see?" I cringe thinking of what could possibly be on here. Yuck.

"I'm pretty sure yeah."

"You know I'm very nosey sometimes." I warn.

"Yeah I know. But I trust you so, you're welcome." He grins.

"Thank you." I squeal opening my arms. He falls into my hug gently.

We sit in comfortable silence just tearing up some junk food.

"Geez, I'm thirsty." I sigh.

"I thought you'd say that." He says grabbing two bottles of Snapple. "Kiwi or Peach tea?" Smiling I reach for the Kiwi.

"You really thought this out didn't you?" I ask smiling at him. His cheeks are tinged pink as he looks the other way.

"I couldn't think of any other way to make it up to you." He says, his voice quiet like a shy child.

"You didn't have to, I forgave you already. But you definitely made me happy if that's what you wanted. Hospital food is so bland." I complain. He looks at me and smiles brightly.

"I kinda miss you."

"Miss me? I've been here the whole time buddy." I breath closing my Snapple bottle and putting it on the bedside table.

"But I haven't. I've been ignoring you. I'm really sorry Justice."

"Stop saying sorry. You'll be mad when I break into tears." I joke. I've already forgiven him. Everything's cool, he doesn't need to be sorry.

"Sor- okay." He looks at his hands for a few long moments then at me with a grin. "Remember that time when I tried to cheat off of you in Mr. Nadia's class."

"Yeah, and you made it so obvious because you were practically leaning out of the chair." I laugh.

"Thank God for that pencil on the ground." He shakes his head laughing. Good times.

"Are you gonna let me keep the snacks?" I ask.

"But I really like-"

"Please. I'm sick." I pout.

"But I bought them."

"But you're supposed to be my friend." I whine.

"Just let me keep the cookies."

"But I love those." I complain.

Both of our eyes fall on the cookies. Our eyes meet again and he breaks out into a grin. I quickly snatch up the cookies and hold them to my chest. He quickly gets up and reaches for the cookies but I've already got them in my grasp.

"I guess we gotta do this the hard way." He grumbles.

He gets on the bed with a malicious grin. He climbs over me and holds my legs between his. How are his legs so strong? Then he tries to peel my fingers off but I'm holding on. After realizing that it won't work he begins tickling my sides.

"Kyle stop!" I scream while laughing. I almost let go but keep them close to me. I feel a little pain but ignore. I'm having fun.

He continues to tickle me and one of my hands slide off. He quickly grabs the cookies but I hold them away, with my one hand, from us so he can't reach them. As he reaches he falls to my side still straddling my legs.

"Kyle oh my god!" I scream as tears well in my eyes.
---------------------------------------
Hiiii! Thanks for reading n' stuff. This was awful right? Hehehe. I love you guys. Thanks for the encouragement and help. Y'all the real MVPs. Do you guys still ship Andy and Justice? Do you think Kyle has a shot or nah? I love you guys again. I can't say it enough. I'm thinking about writing a fanfic but about who? I'm thinking Zayn or Justin. IDK yet. Lemme know if you have any suggestions. G'nite babes.❤️😘🙏🏽

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

Psyche Da AB_Monnette

Storie d'amore

27.4K 1.4K 28
"I don't want to be the strong independent woman. I'm tired of having all that responsibility, I'm tired of not being catered to. I just want to be l...
4.2K 197 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...
139K 5.7K 37
Many people don't know me, but I don't know who me is either. I can't tell you if I'm the loud or rude stereotypical black girl because Mom would say...
382K 14.5K 50
| • | • | What's life without drama | • | • | How could you know love without experiencing heartache. |...