Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequ...

By RyleyBridges

Ryley Berry's junior year at McKinley has begun and it's going to be a good one this year. With the New Dire... More

Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequel to The New Berry)
Chapter 1 ~ First Attempt
Chapter 2 ~ Second Attempt
Chapter 3 ~ Concert
Chapter 4 ~ Rydley Problems & Blaine's Announcement
Chapter 5 ~ Duet & X Factor
Chapter 6 ~ Newbies
Chapter 7 ~ Busking In Lima
Chapter 8 ~ Reunited And It Feels So Good
Chapter 9 ~ Birthday, Future Plans & Election
Chapter 10 ~ Halloween & Movie Week
Chapter 11 ~ Time To Be Awesome
Chapter 12 ~ A New York City Christmas & New Years
Author's Note
Chapter 13 ~ I'm P-Paralyzed With Happiness
Chapter 14 ~ Finchel's Third Attempt At A Wedding
Chapter 15 ~ The Theme You Knew Was Coming
Chapter 17 ~ Klaine-gagement Time
Chapter 18 ~ Broadway Week
Chapter 19 ~ A Sexist Song vs A Girl Power Song
Chapter 20 ~ Bad Influences
Chapter 21 ~ Prom Night
Chapter 22 ~ Nationals in the Big Apple
Chapter 23 ~ Goodbye 2.0

Chapter 16 ~ Kicking Ass At Regionals

1.5K 34 7
By RyleyBridges

I'm so happy at the amount of love this story gets. It makes me just feel so special. Like I've mentioned, before there is going to be a third one and it's probably going to be the last one of this series.

And with Regionals songs, I went with a completely different option for my third one after watching one of those 'Songs Glee Should Cover' videos on YouTube. Do you guys know a British singer named Passenger? If you don't, I'll introduce to him in this chapter :)

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Finn returned the Monday after Chuck music week. He had gone to New York for the weekend but he was back. They had a week to practice songs for Regionals and with the theme of British music, Finn was prepared.

"We're going to start with Jake singing Passenger's Let Her Go with him maybe playing guitar then we'll go into the girls singing Move by Little Mix and we'll finish with Story of My Life by One Direction sung by the guys with the girls for back up." Finn explains to the club on his first day back.

Everyone agrees with the choices. Finn tells them all to study the song sheets after he passes.

"Hey Rye, can I talk to you?" Finn asks.

"Yeah." Ryley says.

She gets out of her seat and goes and talks to Finn by the piano.

"Thank you for looking after the club while I was on my honeymoon with Rach," Finn says, "Anything bad happen?"

"Your welcome," Ryley says, "Well, Mr Schue placed a complaint on my first day saying I wasn't a good teacher and also complained about you. He ended up getting almost owned by Coach Sylvester. He then came into the choir room when I was in here alone and told me that since we weren't letting him coach us, he said that we should just give up because we'll never be as good as the New Directions when you were apart of the club."

Finn has a face of thinking and shock then shakes his head, "He's not getting this club back anytime soon since I basically made a deal with Rachel saying that I'm staying here until you graduate."

"Why're you waiting till I graduate?" Ryley asks.

"Rachel wants me to keep an eye on you," Finn says with a small smile, "Especially next year."

"So you've been married to my sister for a week and you're already whipped. Wow. But why next year?" Ryley asks.

"Because Ryder's going be gone and Rachel thinks that you're going to get all depressed and shit." Finn says.

"I'm not going to get depressed since I'll have my friends like Angie and Gabe and Natalie and the rest of the club." Ryley says.

"But what if Ryder gets into the army? What's going to happen then?" Finn asks.

"I'll hang onto that hope that he doesn't die and we'll be together again once he gets out of the army." Ryley says.

"What if he doesn't though? What if he doesn't come back?" Finn asks.

"You think he's going to die!?" Ryley asks, raising her voice. The club notice how sad and a bit angry she's beginning to look. Ryder does especially and goes to her side.

"What's going on?" Ryder asks.

"N-N-Nothing," Ryley says, "I should probably get to study the song sheets." She picks up a pile of the song sheets and goes and sits up the back.

"What're you guys talking about?" Ryder asks Finn once Ryley sat back down and the clubs returned to talking and studying the lyrics.

"I was giving her a bit of a reality check with the whole army thing you want to do," Finn says, "Did you get any letters back from UCLA or NYU or any of the other colleges you applied to?"

Ryder sighs, "Yeah but they didn't exactly hold the best of news."

"You didn't get into any of them?" Finn asks in a quiet voice.

"Yeah." Ryder says.

"Well, that leaves either community college in Lima so you could apply again at the end of the next year or whenever you can and..." Finn says, trailing off.

"The army." Ryder says.

"You sure you want to join the army? That would mean leaving Ryley here in Lima. You do know that that guy Lucas who has a crush on her and that she's been talking to sometimes is coming to McKinley? This whole club is rooting for the two of you and with you gone, Lucas might step in and sweep her off her feet." Finn explains.

Ryder has a serious look of thought on his face, "I'll think about all of this you've told me."

Finn pats Ryder's shoulder, "You should get back to studying the songs."

------------------------------------------------------

Ryley and Angie are at their lockers by the choir room the next day. Both of their lockers are open and inside both, are Razor scooters.

"I challenge you, my friend to a scooter race to the courtyard where the others are having lunch." Ryley says.

"Challenge accepted, dude." Angie says.

They get the scooters out and get them ready to race. They zoom down the hallways towards the cafeteria, taking a short cut through the kitchen. They both say hi to Marley's mom who watches them in a bit of surprise as they rush through the kitchen. Angie gets a good lead.

They go through the cafeteria. Angie accidentally crashes into someone and Ryley laughs as she zooms past Angie, who is trying to get up and back on the scooter. Ryley goes outside into the courtyard and sees Ryder, Jake, Marley, Blake, Natalie, Kitty and Gabe at a table. She reaches the table and comes to a skidding halt.

"I bet you!" Ryley shouts with a huge grin as Angie finally arrives.

"Screw you." Angie says with mock anger.

Ryley takes a seat next to Ryder, who puts his arm around her. Angie then goes and sits next to Gabe.

"So you seniors got back your letters yet?" Ryley asks.

"I'm going to Julliard." Kitty says with a smile.

"I'm a finalist for NYADA." Blake says.

"I'm going to Julliard for dancing." Jake says.

"Same but for singing." Marley says.

"What about you, Ryder?" Gabe asks.

"I'm, uh, still waiting." Ryder says, lying. Everyone believes him.

"I hope you get accepted to UCLA or NYU. Preferably NYU because I'm planning on going to Julliard. I want to go to New York to be closer to my sister, cousin and my new bro in law, who plans on moving there when I've graduated." Ryley says.

"I'll try." Ryder says, feeling a little uncomfortable.

Ryley smiles at him brightly then someone in their group changes the subject and they just talk.

-----------------------------------------------------

The club all arrive at Regionals at Carmel High later in the week. They were all ready to beat their competition; Vocal Adrenaline and the Warblers.

The New Directions wore outfits from the Regionals in 2012. They were in the room backstage, fixing up their outfits and hair while warming up their vocals to perform.

"I can't wait to go out their and perform." Hailey says, fixing up her make up.

"Just a month or so ago, you were freaking out over performing at Sectionals." Ryley says, sitting nearby.

"Yeah but I'm more confident now after we won Sectionals." Hailey says with a smile.

After a quick show circle with Finn leading it, the club all leave the room and head out into the Carmel High auditorium.

"First up, from Dalton Academy, the Warblers!" The announcer says.

The Warblers perform three songs all by The Wanted: I Found You, Chasing The Sun and Walks Like Rihanna.

"So that was odd." Ryley says to Angie next to her during Walks Like Rihanna.

"I don't like The Wanted." Angie says.

"Same." Ryley says, hi-fiving her best friend.

"Guys," Finn says, interrupting them, "We've got to get ready. We're up next."

The New Directions all get out of their seats, staying down a bit so people can watch The Warblers performance. They head backstage and begin to get ready.

Jake has his guitar with him and is going to play the acoustic version of the song.

Cheering is heard for the Warblers as they finish their performance. The boys in black and red blazers rush past the New Directions, cheering and hi-five with each other. They disappear further backstage but they're loud so clearly they're still backstage.

"Now from William McKinley High School, the New Directions!" The announcer says.

Jake puts his guitar over his shoulder and receives a quick kiss from Marley on the cheek. He then begins to play and walks out while playing. When he realises his cue, he begins to sing.

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

Staring at the bottom of your glass

Hoping one day you'll make a dream last

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies

But you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

Staring at the ceiling in the dark

Same old empty feeling in your heart

'Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast

Well you see her when you fall asleep

But never to touch and never to keep

'Cause you loved her too much

And you dived too deep

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go (oh, oh, ooh, oh no)

Will you let her go?

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

The crowd rises to their feet, cheering for him. He smiles at the crowd then leaves the stage quickly. The New Directions girls all rush on, getting into their positions, scattered around the stage. When the music starts, they begin the dance routine which starts slow with the snapping and humming. Then the music gets louder and the girls begin to sing.

[Ryley:]

Hey baby

Tell me your name

I got a fever for you

I just can't explain

But there's just one problem

I'm a bit old school

When it comes to lovin'

I ain't chasing you

Ain't waiting

I'm on a roll

You've got to let yourself go

The boys all come out to dance with their dance partners (Ryley & Ryder, Jake & Marley, Natalie & Benny, Gabe & Angie, Blake & Kitty, Troye & Hailey and Abbi & Elliot). They have to dance in a flirtatious sort of way but kind of teasing too.

[Marley:]

Whoa

You know that I've been waiting for you

Don't leave me standing all by myself

'Cause I ain't looking at no one else

[Natalie:]

Hey

Get your back off the wall

Don't you get comfortable

Looking so hot

I think that I might fall

Feeling like it's my birthday

Like Christmas day came early

Just what I want

So when we move

You move

[Ryley, Marley, Natalie & Angie with New Directions Girls]

Hey

Get your back off the wall

Don't you get comfortable

Looking so hot

I think that I might fall

Feeling like it's my birthday

Like Christmas day came early

Just what I want

So when we move

You move

[Angie (with New Directions Girls):]

Oh silly

Why you afraid?

Don't be a big baby

Quit playing games

(And put your arms around me)

(You know what to do)

And we can take it down low

[Marley:]

Whoa

You know that I've been waiting for you

Don't leave me standing all by myself

Cause I ain't looking at no one else

Looking at no one else

[Ryley, Marley, Natalie & Angie with New Directions Girls:]

Hey

Get your back off the wall

Don't you get comfortable

Looking so hot

I think that I might fall

Feeling like it's my birthday

Like Christmas day came early

Just what I want

So when we move

You move

Get your back off the wall

Don't you get comfortable

Looking so hot

I think that I might fall

Feeling like it's my birthday

Like Christmas day came early

Just what I want

So when we move

You move

[Ryley & Angie (with New Directions Girls):]

I know that you wanna

But you can't cause you gotta

Stay cool in the corner

When the truth is that you wanna move

(So move)

I know that you wanna

But you can't cause you gotta

Stay cool in the corner

When the truth is that you wanna move

(So move)

[Marley:]

Move it baby, whoa

You know that I've been waiting for you

Don't leave me standing all by myself

Cause I ain't looking at no one else

Looking at no one else

[Ryley, Marley, Natalie & Angie with New Directions Girls:]

Hey! Hey!

I'm ready, hey

Boy come and get me

Don't be scared

Show me what you do

Don't you know a girl

Like a boy who move?

Hey! Hey!

I'm ready, hey

Boy come and get me

Don't be scared

Show me what you do

Don't you know a girl

Like a boy who move?

Hey,

Get your back off the wall

Don't you get comfortable

Looking so hot

I think that I might fall

Feeling like it's my birthday

Like Christmas day came early

Just what I want

So when we move

You move

Hey! hey! I'm ready, hey

Boy come and get me

Don't be scared

Show me what you do

Don't you know a girl

Like a boy who moves

The girls receive a standing ovation from the crowd while they quickly leave the stage so the boys can finish with their song. The band begin to play the song with the boys standing around the stage..

[Jake:]

Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain

I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days

[Blake:]

She told me in the morning she don't feel the same about us in her bones

Seems to me that when I die these words will be written on my stone

[Ryder with New Directions Boys:]

And I'll be gone, gone tonight

The ground beneath my feet is open wide

The way that I've been holding on too tight

With nothing in between

[New Directions Boys:]

The story of my life

I take her home

I drive all night to keep her warm

And time... is frozen (the story of, the story of)

The story of my life

I give her hope

I spend her love

Until she's broke

Inside

The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

[Gabe:]

Written on these walls are the colors that I can't change

Leave my heart open but it stays right here in its cage

[Blake:]

I know that in the morning now I see us in the light upon a hill

Although I am broken, my heart is untamed, still

[Ryder with New Directions Boys:]

And I'll be gone, gone tonight

The fire beneath my feet is burning bright

The way that I've been holding on so tight

With nothing in between

[New Directions Boys:]

The story of my life

I take her home

I drive all night to keep her warm

And time... is frozen (the story of, the story of)

The story of my life

I give her hope

I spend her love

Until she's broke

Inside

The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

The girls all walk out and stand by their dance partners. Ryley grabs onto Ryder's hand and he smiles at her.

[Jake:]

And I'll be waiting for this time to come around

But baby running after you is like chasing the clouds

[Gabe:]

The story of my life

I take her home

I drive all night to keep her warm

And time is frozen

[New Directions (Jake):]

The story of my life

I give her hope (give her hope)

I spend her love

Until she's broke (until she's broke inside)

[New Directions:]

Inside

The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

The crowd all rise to their feet, cheering and clapping loudly for the New Directions. The club on the stage all share hugs then leave the stage.

"You guys did awesome." Finn says with a huge grin.

"I know we did." Kitty says, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"And last but not least, Carmel High's very own, Vocal Adrenaline!" The announcer says.

Vocal Adrenaline went out and performed Army of Two by Olly Murs, I Wish by Cher Lloyd feat. T.I. and It's My Party by Jessie J. It wasn't amazing and everyone knew that.

"Hello Frankenteen." A voice says from near Finn.

"Jesse." Finn says, almost growling the name.

"It's been a while, Finn. How's Ms Berry?" Jesse asks.

"It's been a while but that's a good thing. Oh, and she's now Mrs Hudson." Finn says.

"You liked it and you put a ring on it? I'm surprised. Last time, I heard you two broke up and she started dating some douche in New York." Jesse says.

"You'll always be the original douche who dated Rachel though." Finn says.

"No, that would be you." Jesse says.

Vocal Adrenaline came rushing off the stage, dragging Jesse away with them since he is their coach.

"Who was that?" Ryley asks Finn.

"Jesse St. James or as he was commonly known back in my Junior year, Jesse St. Sucks. He dated Rachel at the same time I wanted to but he egged her in a way to break up with her." Finn says.

"One day, you guys will have to tell me all your stories from your sophomore year, junior year and senior year." Ryley says.

"One day." Finn says.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After judges had made their decision, they decided to announce it to everyone.

"In third place," A female judge who was tall, skinny but had a face like a hawk says, "Carmel High's Vocal Adrenaline!"

Jesse St. James glares at Finn who just smiles then quickly pokes his tongue out like a 5 year old.

"In first place...." The same judge says.

It feels like the pause goes on for hours. But it doesn't. Just a minute. And what comes out of the judges mouth is something amazing:

"The William McKinley High School New Directions!"

The New Directions jump up and down for joy. Ryley has her arms around Ryder, squeezing the life out of him and kissing him. Jake and Gabe rush over to grab the trophy and hold it up above their heads.

Next stop: Nationals in New York.

-------------------------------------------------------

So did you guys like this?

I have plans for Ryder telling Ryley about how he didn't actually get into the colleges soon (probably in the next chapter). It's going to be romantic but then sad.

Songs Used:

Let Her Go - Passenger

Move - Little Mix

Story of My Life - One Direction (it broke Vevo, so it's over there ------>)

Next chapter will make you Klaine shippers happy; IT'S THE KLAINE-GAGEMENT! I'm going to base it the best I can off the one on the show. Just a few things are going to be different (like the arrival and Finn and Ryley being there).

Vote!

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 854 79
Mallory Schultz is starting her sophomore year at William McKinley High School. Thinking her life is as perfect as can be, mainly due to being on the...
73.9K 1.1K 90
Jessica just transferred to William McKinley High School in Lima Ohio where her parents grew up and fell in love. She and her twin brother Liam, lear...
7.1K 69 14
After a year Rachel is back to McKinley for the senior year. What will happen when she found out everything is a mess? Will Finchel get it back toget...
54.2K 1.4K 19
Finn Hudson is a senior in high school. He's the star quarterback of the McKinley High Titans. He's also a single guy who broke up with his ex-girlfr...