Relationship With My Best Fri...

By KearaBoo

(Book #4 of the Best friend's series) ______________________________ "Jackson, I can't do this to Nikki," I b... More

Family Tree
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 28.

23.7K 509 124
By KearaBoo

Jackson's POV.

"I don't know, man," I run a hand through my hair. "She was acting weird."

"Maybe there's something going on with her mom?" James suggests.

After dropping Brittni off at home, I immediately drove to James'. Colten isn't here right now, but even if he was I have a feeling he wouldn't be talking much. He's another person that has been acting odd lately. Actually, almost everyone in my family is. Nikki, Colten and brittni. I didn't notice that until now, really.

"Nah," I dismiss. "She doesn't get along with her mom."

I guess I shouldn't say that, they could've resolved issues they've had without me knowing, but I doubt that. Brittni tells me that shit so I would know.

"Oh my god!" James sits up, his eyes wide as he turns to me.

"What?" I narrow my eyes at him, slightly spooked by his sudden boisterous voice.

"I meant to tell you something," he says more calm.

"And what's that?"

He laughs, well, giggles. "I fucked Angelique the other night."

I stare at him with a blank face. He got all worked up for...that?

Angelique Boiden, a good lay at our school. I never personally got into bed with her, but I've heard she's pretty good. It disgusts me now thinking about all my past one night stands. I can't imagine being with anyone besides Brittni now.

"That's fucking sick," I roll my eyes.

Unlike me, my friends have not stopped their player ways. I don't mind hearing about it, but I definitely don't partake in anything having to do with sex. In order for that to happen I'd have to talk about Brittni and I's sex which I'd rather die than do. I'll gladly kill any man that becomes familiar with that aspect of her.

Tristen is the only guy I know about, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't think I ever did ask Brittni about past hook ups, but now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like I should.

The thought angers me.

James snorts. "Only to you, you're so pússy whipped it should be illegal."

"Shut the fuck up," I roll my eyes. "Once you settle down, you'll understand."

"Yeah right," James laughs. "I definitely won't be doing that anytime soon."

I sigh. "Suit yourself."

There's a long pause as both of us watch the tv, the recent football game being replayed. I make sure to study everything that these guys do in hopes that it'll help me get into better colleges.

Speaking of that, "So you'll be hooking up like this when you leave for university too?"

He turns to me, looking confused. "I'd rather do that than be tied down to someone here. I don't do relationships much less long distance."

I haven't even thought about that, but frankly, I don't want to.

"Do you wanna order a pizza?"

Brittni's POV.

Think, Brittni, freaking think? He's probably wondering why you're hesitating!

"Like I said earlier," I clear my throat, picking at my tub of yogurt. "Jackson was getting old."

I can see the suspicion and skepticism in his eyes, but I don't care. He'd be stupid to let me go when I'm willingly giving myself to him.

"Just say it, Brit," he leans forward, a cocky smirk on his lips.

"Say what?" I ask, confused. He can't be on to me already, can he? I think I'm doing a pretty good job so this would definitely be a blow to the ego.

"Jackson was your way of getting over me cheating on you," he chuckles. "Right?"

Oh, oh! This is great, he'll totally buy this shit.

I cast my eyes downward, feigning embarrassment. "You got me."

"It's okay, Princess." I look up to see him smirking with that condescending look on his face. I'd like to slap that look is what I want to do. "I'll make sure to fuck you extra rough."

Oh lord.

Clearing my throat, I begin to ask a pretty simple question that I hope won't blow up in my face. "So, why did you cheat on me? And don't pull that bullshit of me not sleeping with you, there has to be more."

He sighs, leaning back in his seat. I'm glad to know I didn't upset him in anyway. That definitely wouldn't be good.

"You not fucking me was part of it." He doesn't notice me cringe. "But it was also the fact that I don't like being tied down. Your mom was first, but then I saw Brinley. She was willing, and taking my urge out on her helped me not completely violate you."

I would thank him for that if it weren't for the fact that I know how Brinley felt about everything. Nathan is a messed up guy, and I'd rather of had him force himself upon me than Brinley. She didn't deserve to be put through that.

On a similar note, the comment about my mother didn't go unnoticed. It makes bile rise in my throat when I think about it.

"When did you," I swallow. "Sleep with my mom?"

This is gross. Horrifyingly revolting actually.

"A month or so after we started dating," he states. "I heard about Nikki and Adam fucking and got angry that a virgin slept with my cousin after a month. And the fact that a non-virgin wouldn't sleep with me. I'm not turned down often."

I ignore the need to protect myself by saying that "I knew all along that I shouldn't have slept with you". I'm glad I listened to my gut.

"So, I followed your mom to the club and that was that." He blows out a breath, seeming unaffected by my questions. "Anything else?"

"No," I mumble. I'll get into the heavier shit later.

•••

The rest of our meeting is spent in silence, Nathan being to obvious about looking me over made me uncomfortable. I finished as fast as I could so I could get the hell out of there, and now here I am out by my car.

"You sure you don't want to come over?" He asks, his question suggesting so much while he looks innocent. Is this part of an act? It has to be.

"I'm good," I smirk. "But I promise I'll be over tomorrow."

Or not.

He smiles, stepping closer to me, my heart nearly stops as he cradles my face in his hands.

"Thanks for giving me another chance," he says, a sincere smile covering his lips.

Snap out of it! This is an act to get you to trust him.

"Well," I swallow, his face closing in on mine. What do I do? I try not to let the surprise take over when Nathan actually dodges my lips and presses a kiss to my cheek.

What. The. Hell.

"See you tomorrow," he winks, walking off towards his car. My eyebrows furrow in a way that has my brain working too hard to conjure up a response for what just happened.

You can't trust him Brit.

Right. Releasing a breath, I get into my own vehicle and start heading home. It's a short ride to my house and when I pull up, my mothers car still in the driveway.

I tell myself that she's probably still in her room as I see the empty first floor. I decide to go shower and start walking towards the stairs. The jitters from Nathan and I's meeting still rings across my body and I need something to stop it.

I'm nearly half way up the steps when there's a knock on the door. Praying to god it isn't Nathan, I open the slab, Jackson coming into view. Well, fuck me.

"Hey," I try to smile, but it's forced. I really needed time to collect myself before talking to Jackson, but I'm definitely not going to kick him out.

"Hey, baby," he smiles, pressing a kiss to my lips. I don't exactly invite him in, but he walks past me anyway.

"What are you doing here?" I say slowly, shutting the door for the cold air outside.

"I can't come visit my girlfriend?" He asks.

I bite my lip. "I didn't mean it like that. Do you want to come upstairs?"

He nods and I smile, leading him towards my room. I shut my door quietly once we get inside, locking it just in case my mother tries to be nosy.

Almost as soon as that's done, Jackson is pressing me against the white painted wood, his lips attaching to mine. I instantly let out a quiet moan, my fingers tangling in his hair. His hand wraps in my hair roughly, pulling my head to the side so he has better access of my lips before slipping his tongue into my mouth. I whimper again, the pain adding a pleasurable sensation.

I should tell him my mothers home and that we can't do anything, but my body's response to him says otherwise. I really need to get this whole "arousal when ever he's around" under control.

Harsh kisses are then planted down my jawline and neck making me wonder what his problem is. He's not hurting me, but he's a bit more rough than he usually is.

"Jackson..." That didn't exactly sound like a plea for him to stop.

I second guess myself when he stops completely, his mouth still hovering over my neck, but his body frozen.

What's going on?

I'm about to ask that same question when Jackson beats me to the punch. "Why in the fuck do you smell like another guy?"

My eyes widen, my hands already pushing Jackson away. He's angry, beyond it. I can see his muscles twitching beneath his shirt, the short ticks in his jaw.

How do I smell like Nathan? I didn't even hug him? We were close before I left, but enough so that I smell like him?

"Jackson," I try a calm approach, his chest already heaving with unuttered anger. He takes a step closer, my back already pressed completely to the door.

"I won't fucking ask again," he growls, his body close to mine again. This time it doesn't exactly have me aroused. Who am I kidding? Angry Jackson sometimes turns me on. Right now, not so much.

"It was nothing-"

"Don't pull that shit with me!" He yells, his hand slamming down beside my head. I flinch. If he's this mad about me smelling like Nathan, what's he going to do when he finds out the entire situation? "Is this why you wouldn't come over? Huh? Because you're hanging around with another guy?"

"It's not like that," I defend. I need to think of something fast or this surely won't end well. "I was with Tristen."

Oh great, now I'm involving Tristen, nice.

Jackson lets out a bitter laugh, moving away from me completely. "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"No," I let out a breath, my chest still rising and falling rapidly. I'm getting myself into further lies. "But I wanted you to know that he's just a friend."

"Just a friend my ass," he turns to me again, the veins in his neck making an appearance. "I know what he is to you."

"Can we not talk about my virginity loss for five minutes?" I start to get agitated. It'll always go back to that. Yeah, I gave myself to Tristen, but there's nothing I can do about it. Jackson always bringing it up isn't going to change the fact that it happened.

"No! We can't," he snarls. "How am I supposed to react to my girlfriend hanging around the guy that was her first? Tell me that."

I scowl. "I don't know."

I really don't, it's just something he has to live with. And if he can't stop bringing it up or having an immense problem with it, we're going to have issues. I don't want chaos caused just because of this, it's stupid. This event happened over eight months ago. It needs to be dropped.

"I mean, fuck, Brittni," he says exasperated. "I can't stand it, can't. That won't change, stop trying to make it go away."

"Then stop trying to change the fact that, yeah, I had sex with Tristen!" I shout, my stress level from the last few days and all these lies making me lash out. Not to mention how hard headed Jackson is. All rolled into one, not going to be good. "He was my first, okay? But you continuing to hold it against me is bullshit, and it's not going to change what happened."

He narrows his eyes, his jaw ticking once again. "How many times?"

"What?" I say, breathlessly.

"How many times have you had sex with him?" He asks, then stops. "Better yet, how many times have you had sex all together, before me?"

I swear we went over this, but Jackson looks completely serious.

Here comes another round of shouting and tears.
_____________________

Hey!! So hopefully there will be either two or three more updates today ;) so look forward to those lmao.

What do you think? What do you think of Nathan? Should Brittni just tell Jackson what happened? Why is he bringing this up now?

Don't be a silent reader!!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204 33 33
(Re-Written. New adventures, new characters, new plots and new secrets to explore.) «"Hmm, I'm craving... Thai" I mumble to myself as I look through...
210K 7.9K 105
Previously known as Knew It (A peaceful nightmare) Highest-ranking- #2 in teenfiction - #1 sadness Love is a game, wan...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...
88.1K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...