My Delivery Boy

By affiniteas

Maisie Lockhart is your non-believer of "love at first sight". Until, it may become an awaken belief when a p... More

01 | Break Up
02 | Tears and Rebirth
03 | Double Date
04 | Officially Employed
05 | Reunited and It Feels No Good?
06 | The Beauty and The Nuisance
07 | Daisie Gives a Pair of Eyes
08 / University Life
09 / Discovery of the Hazelnut Coffee Lover
10 / Unexpected Secrets and Invitation
11 / Rescuer in Disguise
12 / Wishful Thinking
13 / A Daisy's Confession
14 / Heartstrings
15 / The Belated Birthday Gift
16 / Destined at Birth
17 / Where Loyalty Stays
18 / Under the Spotlight
19 / What Matters Most
20 / Delivery Boy's Request
21 / Accomplished Accomplice
22 / Misinterpretations & Appreciations
23 / A Valentino Vacation
24 / First Kiss?
25 / Compromise
26 / The Forgotten Fortune
27 / Math Equation
28 / Broken Promise
29 / Those Hidden Colors
30 / Fate
31 / Surprised Awakening
32 / A Clean Slate
Epilogue / Daisie loves her Delivery Boy

00 | Attraction

323K 4.3K 536
By affiniteas

A/N: Pardon the pixie dust, currently in the process of editing! [150814] ch 1-7 have been edited 

______________________

 M Y  D E L I V E R Y  B O Y

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

"My Delivery Boy" and affiniteas will only be found at Wattpad.

Images/artwork used for the "My Delivery Boy" book cover do not belong to affiniteas and are not being used for commercial purposes.

______________________

00 | Attraction

IT HAPPENED JUST like that.

Being the type of person who never believed that "love at first sight" existed, I thought the well-known saying should have actually been "attraction at first sight".

Us girls—maybe some boys—all wished for our happily ever after's like the fairy tales. But, what do we get? That "love at first sight" just ended up being another heartbreak to tell.

However, this wasn't what this was about.

To explain my life in a succinct manner, it was average but satisfying. I was part of a happy family of four that happened to own a small, yet stuck in a busy street market. Lockhart's Pantry sold all your everyday necessities from fresh vegetables to tooth paste.

But, this particular day at the market changed everything.

Doing my usual routine, I was fixing up the snack and candy aisle, which usually sold out fast by the middle school students. Sadly, today wasn't our best day. The business has been slow for the past five hours, and I was stuck here until closing.

My younger brother, Mason, was waiting outside for another weekly delivery. Mason was on the verge of graduating high school. He was still at the crossroads on deciding what he wanted to do with his life. As much as I would encourage and love to see the boy in college, I wasn't exactly a poster image since college was the least of my worries, being at the tender age of twenty. I had no complaints though; I was content with what I had right now.

Yawning lazily, I glanced up at the store clock down the aisle, and it was 3pm. The time the delivery would arrive. As if its arrival were rehearsed, I heard the obnoxious noise of the truck outside.

Staying in my crouched position, I didn't bother to move because Mason could take care of it. Knowing him, he always took our market seriously.

However, I may have given him premature praise at the time.

Mason poked his head from the aisle I was in. A big, taunting grin grew on his face once he saw my bored expression.

"Maisie, get ready for more torture!" he snickered out.

Usually, I'd be up and running saying the words, "I'll get you, squirt!", but like I said, today was not the day.

So I thought.

Brushing off his taunt, I settled my focus back on the box of chocolate puffs I had to sort out. After a few minutes, I realized that Mason wasn't strutting his way here, carrying a bunch of rather lightweight boxes while calling himself "Mr. Macho Man". Growing curious, I walked towards the end of the aisle before noticing two figures. The one who had his back facing me was my brother. We shared the same dark brown hair and the way his short hair was tousled around explained it. The other one was the delivery guy.

Except, he wasn't your average delivery boy.

Not only did he appear my age, but when did delivery guys wear nice clothing and look like that?

The delivery boy was over-presentable wearing a nicely fit suit. He looked like something out of a fashion magazine, especially with his height. The delivery boy didn't notice my presence, and my eyes couldn't digest that he was actually captivating me.

His facial features were alluring from those sparkling, glacial blue eyes to his strong nose and chiseled jawline. The way his medium cut textured black hair complimented his eyes were simply gravitating.

Oh, the irony.

This was very unlike me. This was something my best friend, Vanessa Montgomery, would feel. It had to be because of her. Vanessa's "attraction" was rubbing onto me.

Unable to help myself, I was still peeking behind the aisle. Call it spying, but I considered it watching for business purposes. Something was definitely off though. The delivery boy looked completely lost with the clipboard he was holding. I assumed that it was his first day. He may want to drop the fancy suit and switch it out for some khaki button ups and cargo pants.

Mason's low-pitch voice projected loud enough for me to hear. He said, "The invoice... do you have it?"

After a moment, the delivery boy finally caught on and handed the paperwork to my younger brother. It appeared as though he was embarrassed because of the way he laughed. My eyes widened seeing the delivery boy's lips stretch into a charming smile. Mason let out a shrug, telling him that it was cool. The two began talking, but I had no clue what it was about.

When Mason turned towards my direction, he caught me. Mason was definitely going to say something about his older sister being a stalker.

Actually, I didn't care at the time—maybe.

It was a wave of relief knowing that the delivery boy was completely oblivious about me being here. Once Mason finished signing the invoice, the delivery boy waved a short goodbye. Before all of that, I was proven wrong, and the delivery boy's icy blue eyes jumped at mine momentarily.

He noticed, he saw!

I ducked down and paced to the end of the aisle, hoping that the delivery boy was long gone. As soon as a minute or two passed, I casually brought myself up the aisle, only to find my younger brother. Mason stood by the main counter, opening a packet of gummy candy. His round brown eyes caught sight of mine, and he popped some candy into his mouth.

"Maisie, what happened to you earlier?"

Playing with the sleeve of my red cardigan, I said, "I had to make room for the new delivery."

Mason, my sweet eighteen-year-old brother, scoffed in disbelief and said, "Really? I bet you had the hots for that guy, didn't you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Mason, just help me move the boxes please."

He shrugged, nodding his head. "Sure..." Then, his mocking eyes looked back up at mine. "I bet you want to know what his name is."

Damn it, I hated when he did that to me.

Gulping down, I tried my best to play it cool and focused on the packages. "No, I don't... okay, I might."

Mason made that "ah-ha!" kind of face soon after and pointed at me.

He guffawed, jumping slightly. "I knew it! Wait till Mom and Pops hear this! They will be so happy to know that Maisie finally caught her eyes on a boy!"

You may think that Mason sounded so adorable. Unfortunately, whenever he acted so, he was usually sarcastic and on the bridge of annoyance. Despite that, every single word Mason was saying was true. I made sure my expression was dull during his whole jumping spree.

Mason seemed to notice and cleared his throat. "What's wrong with you, Maisie? I bet you don't realize it, but he will come every week for the delivery."

He added emphasis on the word "delivery", making it sound more like "deliveryyy".

Running my fingers through my long hair, I pursed my lips and declared, "Stop talking nonsense. Now help me move these boxes!"

Mason clamped his mouth shut after.

As we carried the boxes to the middle aisle, I muttered under my breath, "So, do you know what his name is?"

Another chuckle came out of his mouth, and he made that "shush" sign with his index finger.

Mason gave me a mischievous look and said, "Why don't you find out next time?"

I gave him a little push to the side, enough to a point where it didn't look like I was hurting him. Regardless, it seemed like I finally had something to look forward to every delivery day.

______________________

A/N: Hello! First time sharing a story here on Wattpad. This looks likes a pretty chill community to read and share, so I decided to give it a shot. A few words about My Delivery Boy. It's inspired by a cute delivery boy I saw months ago when I was at an optometry (I get random ideas sometimes haha). This story has been in the works for a while, but recently, I revamped everything and it's all new. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88K 610 11
Ever had trouble finding a book on Wattpad? Look no further. These are my favorite/the best books on Wattpad that I think you'll love. ALL BOOKS AR...
1.1M 27.6K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
50.6M 652K 71
Holly's new, young teacher has a dark past, and a dangerous future. She soon finds herself charmed by his ways, and gets thrown into the chaos. Who k...
1.7M 65.4K 50
(The third installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone.) Being the face of the Ace's fortune and an ex-child star, Lily Ace had everythin...