Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pr...

By JasmineDahlia

Evelyn Pearce has it all. The looks, the friends, the popularity, the personality. She never chose to be popu... More

Chapter 1 - Jerks
Chapter 2 - New Rims
Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes
Chapter 4 - College Party
Chapter 5 - Blue Eyes
Chapter 6 - Gentleman
Chapter 7 - My 'Friend'
Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Like A Zombie
Chapter 11 - Adventures
Chapter 12 - Not Alone
Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting
Chapter 14 - It Will Be You
Chapter 16 - Chinese Food
Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out
Chapter 18 - Positive
Chapter 19 - La La Land
Chapter 20 - Possibilities
Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way
Chapter 22 - Young Man
Chapter 23 - Naughty Children
Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box
Chapter 25 - Magic Glow
Chapter 26 - Baby Names
Chapter 27 - Yellow
Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses
Chapter 30 - Avalyn
Chapter 31 - Three
Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing
Chapter 33 - Beach House
Chapter 34 - Whole Again
Epilogue

Chapter 15 - Children At Heart

36.8K 705 50
By JasmineDahlia

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

Okay, so this chapter is just relaxing and happy. I wanted to do that. Include a chapter that was just romantic, funny, loose, and plain fun. I know I had fun writing it so maybe that's a good sign. Haha. I wanted to write something like this because the story will be getting really meaningful and eventful within the next chapter? Yeah, something like that. So I hope you like it and please vote, comment, and fan! Thank you! (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was in my room and fixing myself up as I listened to the song that was playing from my computer. It was Uptown Girl by Westlife. 

Swaying to the beat, I searched for an outfit in my closet. It was friday night and I was very excited for the plans Jake and I had made.

I decided on a navy blue floral print top and denim shorts with a pair of golden strappy sandals.

Once I threw those on, I sprayed some perfume. Makeup was not going on my face tonight. I felt loose and happier. A nice casual date with Jake had brightened up my mood considerably. I hadn’t felt this bubbly since-

Into the box of painful memories it goes.

I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the usual pocket along with a twenty dollar bill. I was ready to go so all I had to do now was wait for him to arrive.

When I entered the living room, the sight of my mother sprawled on the couch with her remote in hand made me chuckle. She was watching True Blood.

“Mom!” I shouted with a smile. 

“What!” She nearly fell on the floor in an act of surprise and fright. I started to chuckle at her worried face.

“Nothing. Just scoot over.” She shook her head and patted the side of the couch. I sat next to her and she put an arm on my shoulder, giving me a tight squeeze. 

“You look cute, sweetie. When’s Jake coming to pick you up?” 

“Thanks, mom. He said he’d be here in about fifteen minutes.” I answered.

“What time are you coming back? Wait, are you staying over?” She asked with a pensive expression.

“Whatever’s okay with you.” I gave her a small smile. 

“You know I don’t mind. Just remember what I told you, Evelyn.” 

“I know, mom. I’m not going to do anything like that for now so don’t worry about it.”

“Promise you’ll tell me if you do. It’s all I ask.”

“I promise.” I pecked her cheek. My mom and I continued watching the vampire series until my phone buzzed, signaling I had a text.

Jacob- I’m outside;)

Evelyn- Coming!:)

“He’s outside?”

“Yup!” I popped the p. Getting up, I pecked my mother’s cheek goodbye with a one arm hug. 

“Where are you going again?” She asked me with that same expression. Wow. She was off today. 

“Didn’t I tell you twice? The fair, mom. The fair.” I rolled my eyes and giggled. 

As I was about to open the door, my mother talked once more.

“Answer me when I’m trying to communicate with you or I will go get you.” She gave a menacing stare. 

“Alright, mom!” I laughed. 

I got out of my house and walked to his car. I smiled as he opened the door from inside and took a seat. 

“You look really pretty tonight, Ev.”  

“Thanks, Jake. You look great too.” I smiled and gave him a light kiss.

As he started the car and began to drive out of street, I searched for something good on the radio.

“In the mood to jam, Evi?” 

“Yes, I am Jakie!” I sang and took his spare hand. I kept searching until I landed on Y100. The song they were playing just made me want to hop out into the street and dance with my boyfriend! 

I knew just what I wanted to do with this song! 

“If I said my heart was beating loud, if we could escape the crowd somehow, if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?”

“Cause you feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight!!! So if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?”  

As I sang the song at the top of my lungs, I serenaded Jacob. I would move my hands in the air, brush them along his skin, and hold them to my heart in dramatic gestures. 

The sound of Jacob chuckling to the loud music and my hectic dance moves made me feel so on top the world. 

As I sang the the lyrics of the catchy pop song, I felt the need to just let go and have fun with someone I trusted. Tonight wasn’t going to be about me suffering while Erica had the time of her life. I was going to enjoy myself. I needed that.

“Wow! You’re really into that song aren’t you?” Jacob laughed. 

“Who isn’t?” I grinned.

“Yup! The lyrics of love.” He added sarcastically.

“Come on! Don’t tell me you’ve never felt a connection to that song!” I shook my head in amusement, lowering the volume as we waited for the red light to turn green.

“Well, yeah. Quite a few times actually.” He confessed. My boyfriend looked at me with an embarrassed lopsided grin. Gosh, he looked so cute when he did that.

I smiled back, embarrassed at what he said. Unconsciously, I bit my lip to keep from giggling. When he says thing like that... 

“The light’s green.” I informed him and he chuckled. The car started to move again. I payed a silent thank you to the traffic lights for taking me out of that one. I didn’t know what to do! 

Jake and I started to enter the vast park which was now a fair. The seemingly endless grass was turned into a parking lot and fairground for the next two months. 

I could feel my excitement grow as I stared into the twinkling and vivacious lights of the ferris wheel. The big rides were spinning around uncontrollably, sending beautiful lights everywhere. 

“You excited?” Jake giggled as he eased into a parking space between two other small cars.

“U-huh.” I smiled. I loved places like these. Amusement parks, fairs, carnivals. I loved the way they were so lively and bright, guaranteeing a great time. 

Jake gave me his heart-stopping smile, showing me all of his perfect white teeth that sparkled against his caramel skin.

“Let’s go!” I chuckled at him and got out of the car, making sure I had my phone with me. I didn’t need my mother to show up looking for me.

Jake came over to me and took my hand then with his free one, cupped the side of my face. 

“I need to give you a real kiss.” He whispered. My heart sped up as he leaned closer to me and connected our lips.  

Jacob moved his lips over mine in a wonderful rhythm. The rhythm of my heart. I kissed him back with as much love as I could muster. I felt my heart melting at the touch of tongues. His warmth was so comforting. 

Then we pulled apart and rested our forehead on one another’s. We looked into each others eyes and I giggled. 

I didn’t know why I decided to giggle but I just felt this giddiness in me that I couldn’t help it. 

Jacob chuckled and smiled. We were so close that I could feel his cologne radiating off of his skin.

As much as I wanted to stay here, I also wanted to get to the fair! 

So that’s exactly what I did. I giggled once more and took off running, dragging him along with me.

I could hear him laughing and yelling my name behind me until he caught up effortlessly.

We were almost at the entrance of the fair so we stopped running. Jacob pulled me into a bear hug and I laughed as I was squished into him.

“Jake! Let go!” I chuckled. He let go and took my hand.

“You’re so cute.” He laughed. I punched his shoulder playfully. 

“Really? You’re not.” I challenged him as I put my hand on my hip. 

“What? Alright. That’s fine.” He crossed his arms over his chest and stayed rooted to the spot. 

“Really, Jake? Really? I want to go inside!” I pleaded. 

“Not until you tell me I’m the hottest most sexiest guy on the planet.” He said quite stubbornly. 

“Nope.”  

“Hmph.” He remained unfazed, only a few feet away from the ticket stand. What if they ran out? We need to get in now! 

“Jake, you’re the sexiest most hottest guy on the planet! Now, let’s go!” He laughed and took my hand. 

We reached the ticket stand and Jacob spoke to the man at the ticket stand.

“Two children tickets, please.” Are you serious? 

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” Said the ticket dude when he heard Jake’s ridiculousness. 

“I’m dead serious.” Jake said. 

The guy looked at me and gave me a what-the-hell look. I fought the urge to giggle and gave him an apologetic look. Jacob seemed to be in a playful mood right now. 

“Come on, dude. We’re children at heart.” Jake pleaded. This time I couldn’t help but giggle at his stupidity. 

“Sorry, about that. Two adult tickets.” The man sighed in relief, probably happy that he didn’t have to deal with my boyfriend. 

I took out my twenty from my pocket but Jake held my hand before I could give it to the man.  

“What?” I asked. 

“Don’t be silly, Evelyn. I’m paying for your ticket.”  He shook his head and I did so too. I tucked the bill away into my pocket.  

Jake payed for our tickets and handed mine to me. It was an orange wristband that allowed us to ride whatever we wanted tonight. I liked it that way since we didn’t have to buy ten tickets every second. Yet, I was pissed. They cost seventeen dollars each.  

“Jake, I’m paying for the food.” I told him as we walked hand in hand through the fair entrance. The lights were so much closer and alive. The way people were running around and enjoying themselves without a care in the world was enlightening. 

“You don’t have to, Evelyn. My dad gives me a pretty good allowance every month, remember?” 

“Yeah, but I just feel so stupid watching you pay for everything.”  

“Don’t worry about it.” Jake chuckled. He leaned down to kiss the top of my head then pulled me close so that our bodies were side by side as we walked. 

“Oh, yes! The Fire Ball!” Jake exclaimed as he saw the extremely rapidly moving peace of metal lunging people around in chaotic circles.  

From where I was standing, I could see the people’s terrified faces and hear their chaotic screams. It wasn’t pretty how that thing was carelessly hauling people in jagged directions.  

I wanted to barf just looking at it. 

“Jake, please not this one.” I pleaded with him. A nervous smile was on my face. I really didn’t want this one.  

“Come on. The only scary one we go on.” He assured me. 

“But there are so many other rides! How about the Crazy Mouse?” I tried to negotiate.  

“Later, Ev, please? You know this one’s my favorite.” He furrowed his eyebrows into a pleading pose and squeezed my hands. Normally, when we went to the fair he would ride with willing friends. I had never touched this ride. 

Yet, he really wanted to ride it. I felt so bad not going with him. He had no one else to go with and he had payed for me at the entrance. It was the least I could do.

“Fine.” I grunted.  

“Yes! I love you, Ev!” Jacob flashed me his beautiful smile. It was worth going on that ride to make him happy. His feelings were infectious. 

Reluctantly, I tugged his hand towards the ride’s line. It was overwhelmingly long but not unbearable. 

“Tell my mom I love her.” I sighed.  

“Shut up. I’ll protect you.” He laughed. 

“Yeah, sure. You’ll totally protect me when you’re strapped to the death machine.” 

***

“Jacob! I’m going to die!” The horrid machine was throwing us around the air and spinning us in lethal circles. Before my eyes was the mixed in colors of the lights. It formed an artist’s palette, causing me dizziness. This reminded me of a certain memory but I made sure to put it away. I wasn’t going to ruin our night.

I could hear Jacob’s cheers and everybody else’s. 

How is this anyone’s idea of fun? I felt like I would fall of the seat! 

Jacob just laughed and Wahoo’ed every five seconds. 

“Oh my God! This sucks! Shit! I. Am. Going. To. Fall. Off!” I screamed. My voice was starting to hurt from all the incoherent things I was yelling.  

Jacob only laughed and laughed harder as he gripped my hand. I was holding on to the bar with my spare one for dear life. 

“When is this going to finish?” I screamed. 

And just when I did, the ride started to slow down until it came to a stop completely. 

My head was spinning and my heart was beating at a hundred miles an hour.

This shouldn’t be healthy for me. 

“See, love? You’re not dead.” Jacob chuckled, seeming totally unfazed by the force of the thrill ride.

“Are you sure?” I unbuckled my seat belt with my shaking hands. I felt like any second now I would tip over. 

“Yeah.” He said through muffled laughs. I got up and tipped to the side. Thankfully, Jacob had caught me securely in his arms and held me closely as we walked out of the ride’s perimeters. 

“See? That wasn’t so bad.” He commented reluctantly. He knew I thought otherwise. 

“Not so bad? I thought it was horrible. I seriously thought I would fall off my seat! And you were just cracking up and cheering! Pfft. It was not fun.” I complained, causing Jake to laugh besides me.

“It was hilarious! If you were me, I’m pretty sure you would’ve been laughing your ass off. You. Were. Hilarious.” He flicked my nose playfully with a mischievous grin. 

“Jake, can we go on something gentle now? I need to chill.” He giggled.

“Yeah, the ferris wheel.” He answered quickly. 

“Okay.” I said. I felt little butterflies appear in my stomach. I had been secretly looking forward to the moment when the two of us rode the ferris wheel together. 

We walked in silence to the twinkling ferris wheel. 

Once we arrived at the line, we showed the man our wristbands and began to wait.

***

“Evelyn?” Jake’s voice called my name 

“Yeah, Jake?” I looked over at him. We were overlooking the city at the tip-top of the ferris wheel. Jacob had me in a warm embrace, holding one of my hands and having the other draped around me securely. I felt so safe and peaceful up here where no one could touch us.  

“I love you.” He whispered into my ear. Goosebumps rose on my skin at the proximity of his warm breath and silky tone of his voice. 

“As I love you.” I whispered.  

He let go of my hand and used it to tilt my chin slightly. My heartbeat was increasing as the space between us became none.  

He kissed me gently. The velocity of his lips moving on mine was unhurriedly. We had all the time in the world to just be wrapped in one another’s embrace. 

This kiss felt so perfect. The way the chilly air had disappeared once we became this close. How the moon and stars were bright above us in the sky. That’s where we were; the sky. 

I wanted to melt into him and never leave the shelter of his warm body. 

When we pulled our lips apart, I rested my head against his shoulder and he rested his head against mine.  

I never wanted this moment to end but I knew that if it didn’t, we would never have another.

___________________________________________________________________________

I think I played the song on the right about 100 times while writing this chapter. Oh and the picture! Its so perfect! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805 3 28
Elizah Mason was your normal teenager she had black hair and intense blue eyes. Hung out with friends, was a little sassy and loved her family more t...
19.3K 1.4K 15
I've been through a fair amount in my life, enough so to be able to tell you something and the odds of me being correct would be heavily weighed in m...
304 36 18
Evelyn is okay. She's at the top of her class, a Wattpad writer, and a rising star on YouTube. She's also a liar. Her parents fight all the time, bu...
752K 25.6K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...