Blame it on our Fates

By candyflossmachine

♡ His gaze was deep, deeper than the purest oceans, fixated on my every move, making me squirm under... More

p l a y l i s t
c h a r a c t e r a e s t h e t i c s
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
e p i l o g u e
announcement/spin-off

t w e n t y o n e

4.2K 252 24
By candyflossmachine

Song Of The Day : Complicated by Avril Lavigne.

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y o n e

I was frozen. Completely and utterly. As in someone with some superpower of pausing the time had just did a number. I was cold. Shocked. And utterly confused. It was like someone had poured a bucket full of ice cold water on my head. And just like that time froze around me and so did everything else. Not in a romantic-kind of a way. In a horror-kind of way.

The Caleb I knew was different from her descriptions though they had the same name and surname. He, as far as I remembered or thought for that matter, wasn't a bad boy. He couldn't even hurt a fly for Pete's sake and he was a bad boy who got into fights? I didn't think it was him. But then again, what was the probability of having two Caleb Moores in London of the same age? None, I believed.

You know life reveals some of the shittiest things at the shittiest of times. Just when I thought I had enough to over think about for a decade, another jolt hit me. And this one in a heck more of a velocity than the others. Caleb couldn't be the guy Taylor was talking about. He couldn't be the guy she was in love with. He definitely couldn't. I didn't remember introducing them at any occasions but perhaps they had seen each other once or twice for Taylor to remember that thought they had the same name, he wasn't the guy she loved.

As much as I didn't want Caleb to be the guy, another part of me, the pessimist -who by the way had a perfect timing of jotting things down on my mind- was persistent that what if Caleb was the guy? It wasn't like I was against the idea of them being together. I just didn't want either of them to hurt each other. 'Cause Caleb's like a brother to me and Taylor? She must have been bitchy to me but now she's a different story.

"Hey there space cadet, wanna join us earthlings finally?" Asked Taylor as she rubbed her red rimmed eyes and flicked my forehead with her thumb.

I focused my eyes on the scene in front of me, finally gaining some of the senses.

"I am not crying anymore. No need to think about different ways of plotting his murder," Taylor muttered jokingly.

"Caleb? Caleb Moore?" Apparently, my thoughts were still in a turmoil.

"That's what she said," muttered Harriet and Hailey looked at me worriedly with her eyes dancing with concern. Her eyes silently asked questions her mouth didn't. You okay?

I nodded in a haze and quickly untangled my legs as I made my way to the drawer where a few of my family albums rested peacefully. I hadn't even looked through them since months. I picked up the album that had my mother's pictures with her awards and her accomplishments. I really didn't know why I had her credibility's albums, it didn't even make any sense as to why I had them. It just was in one of the boxes my father and I cleaned before he left and it somehow ended up in my suitcase. I was weird like that.

I opened the large picture album and started flipping the pages, the angelic face of my mother carving in my sights. Her different pictures where her face complimented her familiar mane of blonde hair and her piercing blue eyes that snapped into mine. Her curvy body engulfed in a professional chef coat, similar to mine but only the badge that read 'Head Chef' was accessorized.

"What are you looking for?" I heard Hailey, Taylor or Harriet ask me. I couldn't quite understand whose voice it was as every senses of mine had been focused on the picture album clad in my hands. Even my ears whose actual job was to listen to the surroundings were busy ringing words that I had been chanting in my mind like a mantra.

I ignored the ignorant voice.

A few more flipping later, a picture that I was searching for came into my sights. I stopped and my eyes zoomed in, grasping the minute details of the two people in the picture. My mother and the person of interest right now -not literally- Caleb Moore. Both of them grinning. Oh not my mother, she was just smiling politely as if receiving UK's highest culinary award was just an everyday episode. But it wasn't the first time she received that award. In fact, it was the third time.

Her sleek, white chefcoat glimmed and danced along with her pale blue, smoldering eyes. Her long, pale blonde hair pinned in a chignon -in other words- a classy word for a bun, that she insisted I would call it rather.

Caleb was clad in his amazing, sleek Armani suit, which wasn't very unusual. I sometimes wondered if he even slept in Armani suits.

I quickly pulled the picture out of the plastic holder and held it out for Taylor to see. Her expression matched those of Hailey's and Harriet's, of utter confusion.

She complied and took the picture from my grasp, a little hesitance showing through. I closed my eyes tightly and waited for her reaction. A few seconds passed. I almost thought that that Caleb wasn't the one. But I spoke too soon. I heard it then.

A loud, shocked gasp. I cracked one of my eyes open and looked at her. Her face was the epitome of surprised. She looked shocked. Hell, everyone did. Except Harriet, of course. She hadn't met him yet.

"Cadence, isn't that your boss? What was his name again, something with a 'C'," muttered a thoughtful Hailey.

"Caleb Moore."

It wasn't my voice. The words didn't stumble out of my mouth. But rather it was a hoarse voice. A pain filled one at that. That voice was Taylor's. She sounded broken. A part of her that I wasn't very familiar with. I mean she was the most sadistic, strong and very much rude person I knew in the past. The girl tormented me for God's sake.

"Caleb Moore?" Asked Harriet confused. "Why would Cadence have a picture of Caleb?"

"Because he is my boss and a good family friend," I replied or rather whispered quietly but I knew everyone heard me as I heard Taylor sharply take an intake of breath. She turned to me, her once dried tear stains wet again as her waterworks started. She was crying. But it kind of freaked me out. I wasn't used to her crying or bawling her eyes out like a crazy person.

"Why didn't he come to meet me? He said-no promised he would return. And he did, but just not in my life. Was it something I did? Was it because I was too clingy? Did he not love me anymore? Was I just a girl who had her cherry popped by him? Weren't we in love? Why-" Ranted on Taylor as she thought of all the possibilities Caleb didn't inform him about his return but was soon cut off by me grabbing her shoulders and making her look into my eyes. One look and she was in my arms, hugging me tightly.

"Shh, Taylor, calm down," I said as I gently patted her back and she not-so-gently clung to my arms. No wonder she called herself a clingy person.

"I want answers," I heard her hoarse voice call out.

"Me too, Tay, me too," I said. And yes, I was persistent to know the answers that we all wanted. And I was going to get them. One way or another. Cue One Direction, though I didn't like them much.

You know if there was someone in my tight knit group of friends who could easily dissolve tense situations, it was Harriet. And this time too, it was her who definitely knew the right words to ease the atmosphere.

"By the way Taylor, I should give that to you. You sure know how to pick guys. Like let's be honest, that man is one hunky man. No wonder you gave him the honors to pop your cherry. Anyone would. Heck even I would but I can't since he's taken by you. No thanks to you," muttered a playfully glaring Harriet. And apparently, it worked too, cause Taylor cracked a smile and punched her shoulder playfully.

--

I quickly parked my Vespa on the side of the road, next to the Moore's household. And even though it wasn't the first time I was, I was still amazed by the beauty of it. If I thought Hailey's house was huge, Caleb's was approximately twice even of hers which was saying a lot. His house was the epitome of money, perfection and elegance. And living there seemed to be like a fairy tale. But that was what it was. Just a fairy tale. Not reality. 'Cause I knew how many problems Caleb had in his family. But then a question hit me. Did I really know him at all? The person I considered my brother.

  I had first gone to his office in Woodland's street, where his company's actual headquarters was. He was the sub CEO at the moment but soon to take over his father as the CEO. He wasn't there. I asked the receptionist if I could see him and she said he hadn't come to the office today. Later I went to the restaurant to check his whereabouts but he wasn't there as well. So that left one place to cross out. His house. I had just been here once in my entire lifetime when I met his mother.

  I still had an hour before my shift started. I didn't go to school today. None of us did. Taylor and Harriet decided to stay over for the night. I even missed my study session with Nolan. I bet he must be angry at the moment.

  "How can I help you miss?" Asked the head guard on the gate through the intercom.

  "Can I see Caleb Moore?" I asked the bulky man.

  "And do you have an appointment miss?" He asked through his thick old British accent.

  "No. I don't actually. Just tell him it's Cadence Brown here. I want to meet him. It's urgent. Kind of," I muttered the last part under my breath and waited for his response.

  "Okay miss, just wait for a minute," he replied and soon started talking to someone on a phone. Apparently someone from inside.

  "You can go in now miss," he said as the gates opened up and I started trudging down the long pathway. I couldn't help but internally 'aww' at the sight of the Moore household. It was by far, the most amazing mansion I had ever seen in my life.

  I reached the front door a few moments later and pressed the doorbell beside the gigantic wooden doors. A few moments later the door opened and in front of me stood a short lady in her mid fifties, wearing a black and white maid uniform. Her black hair with a few graying strands pinned in an elegant bun above her head. Her large green colored doe like eyes looking at me in confusion.

  "Hola hermosa seňorita, ¿como puedo ayudarle¿" She asked in Spanish. Though I had taken Spanish last year, the only shit I knew in Spanish was the basics. And the only word I understood there was 'hola' which meant hello. Though I said that a few days ago, that my inner Spanish side was rising, it hadn't risen this much yet. My inner Spanish side seemed to be dead at the moment.

  "Umm...Hola. Can I speak to Caleb?" I said, trying to make my accent sound as Spanish as possible. The lady chuckled at my futile attempt of speaking English. Another chuckle rang from behind her. And this time it sounded a lot more  sophisticated and elegant. The lady turned around and I looked behind her to see Mrs. Moore smiling at us.

  "Carolińa, leave the girl alone," She said scolding Carolina playfully.

  "My apologies señora," She said smiling. My jaw dropped open at the fact that she could speak English. Did she speak in Spanish just to make my fun?

  "I am sorry, señorita," she said to me, while grinning like a Cheshire cat.

  "Ignore her Cadence. She's the child of this house. Come on in," Said Mrs. Moore as she gestured for me to come in. I did as she asked but not before throwing a little playful glare towards Carolińa who just grinned at me while   giving me a flying kiss. Hideous old hag.

  I entered the beautiful living room. It was royal. Like it screamed money and attention. Though my parents had enough money, they never ever spent it on decorating the house unnecessarily. My mother wanted the house to be beautiful, but she never wanted to show off her wealth. I mean my father was London's best lawyer and my mother was one of tge best chefs London had. It was obvious they made good money. But they wanted me and Mark to learn the value of money and they did not just want to hand us money and valuables down on a silver platter.

  "Why don't you wait here sweetie. I'll go and get Caleb for you," Said Mrs. Moore and suddenly a large bang echoed through the almost empty house. I jumped and a shriek left my mouth at the sudden noise. A few moments later, someone started shouting.

  "You have never done anything for me. All you actually care about is your stupid company. Have you ever cared if I even want to take this shitty company over? Have you? No you even took me away from the love of my life after Naomi died because you wanted me to train myself and you thought she would distract me. Huh? Distract me? The only person who kept me sane in this insane world was snatched away from me. I watched her slip away from my fingers. I saw her bawling her eyes out for me. Crying out. Calling out for me. I saw it all from a distance. But I couldn't console her. Heck you even controlled my love life? It was my love life for a reason. Because it was mine!" I heard a familiar voice shout on top of his lungs.

  "Nolan on the other hand, had it all easy. He never had to worry about taking over the company and getting his dream crushed in front of his eyes. I completely envy him. Absolutely. I had to see my dream of becoming an artist ruin in front of me. Why? Because my selfish ass of a father thought it would be best for my interests," continued the same, familiar voice.

  Did he say Nolan? I didn't think it was him though.

   "Stop!" I heard an intimidating, hard cold voice order.

  "Do not forget son, if I can make your life, I sure as hell can ruin it. No one gave you the permission to talk to me like that. I am your boss and more than that, your father. And I have said this before and I am saying this now, whatever I did was in your best interests," I heard the unfamiliar cold voice snap. And the way he said son, had so much venom in the tone, it had me confused. Why did Caleb have such a strained relationship with his father?

  I looked at Mrs. Moore whose eyes had tears in them. She closed her eyes for a brief moment to push the tears away and opened them again.

   "See that's the thing. I was always your employee first and then your son. Never your son first," replied Caleb in his broken voice. He sounded so broken, so lost, my heart ached for him.

  "Why don't you wait here? I'll get Caleb," Mrs. Moore said quietly. I nodded, my vision burning with sympathy for the lady in front of me. She had to choose between her kids and her husband and it clearly wasn't an easy task.

  "It has always been like this. Master and his sons always fight," I heard someone say from behind me and I turned around. I saw Carolińa look at me with sad eyes.

   "Especially since Naomi," she continued and I found myself getting confused. Caleb also mentioned Naomi earlier and she also mentioned him. Who was she? Some close relative? An old family friend who died?

   My curiosity got the better of me and I was going to ask her who Naomi was. But before I could, I heard the front door snap open and shut loudly. I jumped for the second time in minutes. I looked at Carolińa who looked at the front door with slight expectant eyes at the person standing there. Confused, I turned around to look at the person who had captured Carolińa's attention. And when I did, I gasped loudly as my eyes bulged out. I almost wished, I didn't come at the Moore's.

  "Nolan?" I asked, blinking my eyes in confusion as I rubbed them again in order to gain proper vision.

  "Brown?" He asked the same time ad me. He looked more shocked than confused unlike me.

  --

  I am extremely sorry for a slight late update. Had some festivities going on along with my studies. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

   And comment how you found it.

  Stay safe, keep slaying😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 1.5K 29
I didn't saw any innocent male reader so I am making one. ps I am not good at english hope you guys and girls like it pss If you guys want lemons jus...
158K 2.1K 29
imma post more on dis lol
28.5K 557 71
We're back ladies and gentlemen and the gays and the theys Moggy: hi I'm Moggy and I used to write about pokèmon but died to go to Dream Smp heaven...
17.3K 1.1K 18
Always live 4 2day.