His Mate

By loveisold

My name is Levy McGarden. I haven't had the perfect life with my parents dead, the oddest job, no freedom and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

463 16 15
By loveisold

I smacked Gajeel with a pillow. I had hands with sharp nails but no, I decided to defend myself with a pillow.

His smirk disappeared and he frowned, causing me to gulp. "That was rude." He said leaning even closer.

I decided to push my head closer to his defiantly. His head leaned back in surprise. "It's rude to enter someone's personal bubble." I glared at him but on the inside, I was surprised at myself. I have never been this mean to someone before. Well I had a right to. This guy was being weird.

But, being the wimp I am, I decided to calm myself and sighed. "I'm sorry. Yes, you did save me. That place was horrible and I'm grateful to be here. I appreciate that I was brought here. But I do not appreciate you being creepy and doing it yourself." I added. "Makarov said it wasn't important how Fairy Tail found me. But Fairy Tail didn't. You did." I pointed my finger up at his face.

"Well I have a reason." He crossed his burly arms, causing his biceps to bulge a bit but I looked back to his eyes. Don't get distracted. Even if he does look hot.

"And what reason is that?" I crossed my own arms, which looked like twigs compared to his.

Gajeel's smirk reappeared. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. But, once you understand yourself around here, I'll tell you." He looked away toward the wall in thought. "Hm. I might even drop hints for you, shrimp."

I narrowed my eyes. "Please stop calling me that. My name is Levy,-"

"Which is also a cute name." Gajeel interrupted but I just continued as if he didn't.

"-and I'm not dumb. Just, at least, give me an explanation." I uncrossed my arms. I was actually curious. Was he just a stalker or was there something deeper?

He turned. "You're not ready for that yet," The hunk walked to the door but before he slipped out, his red gaze met mine. "Shrimp." He flashed a grin and exited the room, leaving me dumbfounded.

I exited my room with my pale purple dress on, my black bandana, and a million thoughts running through my mind. I sighed and walked down the hall to the staircase, hoping to find the dining room where I guessed was on the first floor.

With each step down, another question popped into my mind.

Am I really a wizard

Could I be a good wizard?

What is Gajeel's deal?

Does this place have a library?

Does Gajeel work out everyday or every other day?

As you could tell, some of my thoughts were random...

I began my hunt for the dining room in this castle of a house. I decided to go to the right since the right is always right. Sometimes. As I walked into the double doors, I was met with a large living room area with three large couches and a huge flat screen TV. Off to the side was a hallway. I followed down it, finding that it was lined with elegant paintings on the wall. Another set of double doors were at the end of the hallway where many voices were heard.

I stepped into a large dinning room with windows that went up to the ceiling, showing the beautiful garden outside. There were many tables but each of them were big and full of people. I gulped and weaved my way through the tables hoping to find Lucy or another familiar face.

My thoughts wandered to Gajeel and I searched around for him before scolding myself in my mind. I should not be looking for the creep but before I could go back to looking for another person, I spotted the man. He was sitting at a table, talking to the pink-haired man I saw with Lucy yesterday. I stared for a while because beside them, sitting on the table, was a blue and black cat.

Restrain yourself.

Restrain yourself.

Restrain yourself.

In the next second, I was crouched beside the table staring at the cats with wide eyes in awe. "You're so cute." I cooed.

The blue cat turned to me as did everyone else at the table and he smiled. "Not so bad, yourself." He cooed back in my exact tone. I froze then yelped when I went to step back, forgetting that I was crouched and instead of stepping back like I had thought, I fell. I could already imagine those burns on my hands for weeks before suddenly, I wasn't falling. My back hadn't made contact with the wooden floor. Instead, hands had made contact with me.

I tilted my head back and felt my face flush. His red eyes met mine and were oddly filled with sudden protectiveness. Gajeel had caught me by seizing my shoulders, holding me up. I wondered how the heck he moved so fast. Then he picked me up effortlessly and sat back down, setting me in the chair beside him. Gajeel glared at the blue cat, causing him to flinch under his gaze and move closer to the other man, who I presumed was his owner.

The man smirked at Gajeel. "Already at the protective stage, huh?" I ducked my head, even though I didn't know what he meant by 'protective stage'.

Gajeel practically growled at the pinkie. He only replied with a grin, showing off some abnormal fangs. He reached across the table, holding out his hand. "I'm Natsu, and this is Happy." he gestured with his hand to the blue cat who was nomming on a salmon that magically appeared. I shook his hand.

"Levy, of course, you know that though." I smiled a bit, taking his hand which I noticed was very warm. That's going to be my introduction to everyone here now, isn't it?

Natsu nodded with a smile and I noticed he wasn't letting go of my hand. I looked down at our joined hands and my eyes widened when I saw a flame enveloping them. I let out a squeaky sort of sound and yanked my hand back, cradling it to my chest with my left hand. Natsu burst into a fit of laughter and I stared at him in disbelief. What the hell was that?!

Gajeel threw a glass at the pink haired man but Natsu only caught it and set it back down, stifling some giggles. "Oh, c'mon, Gajeel! You know I do that to all the newbies!"

Gajeel only responded with a death glare before looking to me, the hard stare disappearing. "Your hand ok, shrimp?"

"Are you kidding! He burned my..." I trailed off as I looked down at my hand that was previously engulfed in flames. There were no burns or blisters. It was perfectly okay. "He didn't burn my hand." I said in bewilderment. How? I was sure those were real flames. I could even feel the heat!

Natsu flashed another grin before lifting his hand which became aflame again. "Fire magic," he chuckled. "In fact, fire dragon-slayer magic."

I blinked several times, my eyes not leaving the flame. Dragon-what now?

Catching my confusion, Natsu pushed on. "Y'know? We're Dragon-slayers? Wizards that use dragon-slayer magic?"

I only stared. I never read any of that in Crowely's books on wizards. Then I realized that he said 'we'. He couldn't mean me so...

I turned to Gajeel. "You're a dragon-whatchamacallit?" It sounded ridiculous coming out of my mouth. He nodded and held out his hand which turned into a iron rod and I stared in shock, my mouth agape. I looked between them and was about to scoot away before hands grabbed my shoulders.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice sing into my ear. I quickly turned my head and felt instant relief seeing Lucy. The blond smiled down at me before noticing the flaming hand and iron rod for a forearm. She stood up straight and crossed her arms. "You guys already showed her magic? I was gonna show her first! I am the one teaching her." She huffed.

The blue cat, no, Happy jumped up. "Natsu started it!" The black cat and Gajeel nodded. Lucy turned to the smirking dragon-slayer and walked around the table to him.

"Natsu, you know you can't scare her! She's new and barely knows anything about magic?"

Barely? Erm, no. "Uh, Lucy. I wouldn't say barel-"

"Hey, it was fun!" He stood up and towered a couple inches above Lucy. Still a giant compared to me.

Lucy sighed, "Just don't do it ag-" She was cut off just like me but this time, with a kiss. I felt my cheeks heat up. I never really had anyone kiss in front of me. I adverted my gaze down to the table.

I felt the stare on me and I looked to meet Gajeel's eyes. He quickly looked away and made a 'tch' sound. I was confused by the sudden feeling of disappointment then looked up once the two's lips disconnected.

Natsu smiled at us, "Sorry. I just hate it when she rambles on." Lucy responded with a punch to his chest before turning to me.

"You ready?" She asked.

I looked around the vast room. No one was paying attention to us really. "F-For what?" I asked in confusion.

"Well for training, silly." She grabbed my hand. I was about to object that I haven't even eaten but I was whisked away before I could utter a word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 266 15
Just a summer job, working at a nice, colourful and fun bakery. Well that's what 'they' said it would be. But for me, this summer was one that would...
61.9K 2.2K 14
ONE OF MY FIRST STORIES!! BEWARE OF ERRORS!! Levy wakes up not knowing anything that happened. She has bruises, cuts, and scars all over her body. S...
41.4K 1.5K 23
Fairy tail love story, Gajeel Redfox and Levy Mcgarden :) I do not own Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima Does!
16.7K 244 15
WARNING! This Fanfic contains sexual content! Read at your own risk. Levy McGarden is in love with Gajeel Redfox, and he with her, but neither of the...