Mending a broken heart.

By carltumee

"Can a broken heart ever be mended?" ** c_elijah 2017 More

chapter one & two.
Chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven.
chapter eight
Chapter Nine.
chapter ten
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Love
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
epilogue I
epilogue Ia.
epilogue lb.
epilogue II
author's note.
A COLD DAY IN HELL
HOW TO ATTRACT YOUR SPOUSE
SEQUEL.

chapter four

1.7K 198 3
By carltumee

BADIA'S p.o.v

The wedding was fast approaching.
Maria , mum and I were busy preparing for the wedding, it's a big day, nothing in comparison to the engagement party .
which makes me much more nervous.
Every one was thrilled about the wedding coming up except me , I kept finding my self in the biggest loop hole, thinking about my fiancée  whom has no interest in me or so I think,  each time I remember  Allah's choice is the best I have some sort of relief and hope because I know Allah will never hurt his servant.

At around  12pm mum asked ,
I and Maria to get ready because perphaps a lady whom does make overs , a  make up artist would arrive soon in other to get me prepared for the big day. Mum thinks it's not a good idea for a soon to be bride to be roaming about,  she rather I get treated at home. I  and Maria got ready.
I wore a pink flawless gown and rolled a beige hijab. Maria wore a grey gown and tied an emerald scarp. We looked quite good both applying simple make up.
we went straight to mum to ask for her permission.
mum" I have forgetten to tell you earlier.." I nodd as I careful watch Maria talks to her.
"today I and badia would be going for cake tasting said "Maria.
" I thought we would be making it at home, you know how much it would cost" mum statement. "oh common mum , it's a wedding cake, and badia deserves the best and besides I would be using some cash from my collage fund "Maria said.  ok don't stay long, the decorator would be coming later in the day, be back 2:30 sharp said mum.
I stood there listening to their conversation  and contributing nothing to it. By God grace , we would be back on time says Maria.  may Allah bless you my kids, mum said .
Allahu hafiz I said and both I and maria left.
We tasted a lot of flavour and different types of cake it was really hard to choose, especially when I and Maria couldn't come into an agreement of which is best though both are my favourite  flavours. I have to confess my head isn't in the wedding I kept chosen things I would probably not like on a normal basis.

We left the shop by 2pm sharp and headed back home, we were luckily to arrive home right in time, though the bakery was a few blocks from home.
mum asked me to freshen up and get ready for my make  over, I wore a short dark brown  gown. The lady whom I found to be named lady Aya, gave me milk to bath with later in the day and stated rubbing all sort of beautifyer on me.
This continues for a few days.
I was finally ready and look totally different . I looked bright and feel softer. I looked fairer with no pimples and skin acne. I looked fawless if , it does exist. 

The wedding was finally here.
Abida whom had passed the night with us woke me up, "wake up sleepy head " yelled Abida.
"its just 7am let me be" I almost spit out.
"common today is a big day get up " said Abida. We kept on that way I couldn't resist her pestirizing  me any longer so I gave up and went straight to the washroom. after 30min I came out wearing the same cloth as Abida. she got us the same matching cloth on my 17th birthday, I wore it because who knows when I would see her again apart from today. I would miss her dearly I stood there with tears rolling down my cheek,
when I sudden felt someone wiping them off, it was Abida.
"what now?" asked Abida.
I  tried to  reply but burst into more tears.
"It's ok " she assured me as she pat me on the back and hugged me.
" is j..u.st th...at I w. .ou.ld .miss .y...Ou "I stutter in between tears.

oh Badia" , said Abida as she wails also.

we cried for long before Abida was able to comfort me.
"Don't worry we will always be in touch , I would phone you, i would  bugg you untill   you would hardly feel my absence" she said sweetly.
"I let out a soft short laugher.
today's your wedding day, you should brighten up a little bit" she said.
We kept on chitchatting.
All of a sudden we heard a scream , I and abida hurried towards the parlour but no one was there,we started hearing someone crying.  I was worried and nervous at the same time.
I could hear my stomach turning.  We headed to mums room because the sound of the crying  seems to be coming from there , it must be coming from there i concluded.
I open the room and what I saw made me black out..,I fainted.

third persons p.o.v

Amina , badia's mum  got up early morning woked her husband ahmad,  ahmad got ready to leave for masjid but his wife wouldn't leave him. She suggest that he lead them in prays. atleast today is his daughters wedding and she's feeling anxious, all she wanted was him by her side. It took alot of nagging before ahmad agreed to stay and lead her to prayers. They prayed and all went back to sleep. soon Amina woke up and headed to the kitchen to start on some work, because they would be alot to cover.
She woke Maria ,Badia's younger sister to help out. She didn't wake badia or her friend Abida because she doesn't  want to disturb them.
it's badias wedding day. Maria helped Mrs. Ahmad with calls and some choirs.
They worked almost throughout the morning. Mrs. Ahmad decided to wake her husband Ahmad but he wouldn't wake up,she thought
he most have been deep in his sleep, she teases him but he didn't respond, Amina took out the jug placed on their  bedside drawer and decided to pour  the water in it  on him. To her greatest surprise he didn't even move nor shiver. her Ahmad that can't stand cold water today didn't respond." Am afraid,  you are scaring me, please stand up "she cried.
She placed her head on his chest and his heart was not beating she screamed and Maria came running.
"mum what's  wrong? " she asked . her mum couldn't utter a word but pointed to her dad.
Maria went to her Dad but there she saw her liveless father laying down on the bed, all pale looking blue.
she sobbed and called for an ambulance. suddenly they heard the door open and badia fainted on the sight of her father been covered from head to toe. Abida catches her before she could touch the ground and made her lay on the couch in the room.  Mr.ahmad was buried immediately after taking him to the hospital were they issued them a death certificate stating he died of natural causes.

ABID'S P.O.V

I woked up late.  today's my wedding day and it didn't feel like it
I was not excited , all I  cared about is to get down with it.

After taking a shower my phone started ringing , I took the phone and saw that it was Ammi calling, 
what now !, I groan.
Ammi will start now with all the wedding ..ish I thought and took the call, hello ammi " I greeted.

"morning",  she said.

"Abid is about your wedding", said Ammi.
And I couldn't be certain of what I was feeling, is it nervousness or relief

"what about it ammi", I asked chalantly.

"it's not going to hold today "replied ammi

wow , God must have heard my prayers , finally I would be left alone ,I thought but why  I started to think

"Abid are you there?".

"yes ammi "I said as I was knocked out of my thoughts.
I could hear ammi's voice a little shakey but  why I wondered

are you ok?" ammi I asked.
Badia's Dad... ", Ammi's voice shivered.
What about him Ammi ? ", i ask.
"Her Dad pass away this morning",  she final spoke after a what seemed like eternity of silence.

"innalillahi wainnailaihirrajiun. All soul belongs to Allah. ." I said.
"You should get ready and go there for his burial and sitting" said ammi.
i and Ruba had already left  "she added and then hung up.

I was devasted , I had nothing against badia. she is a really nice girl, I won't wish ill on her , not even this , to her . I started to wonder in what state she was , how must she have felt, how is she handling this , how She has taken ,this.
Alot  of questions started to ponder in my head.
I remembered how I felt when I lost my Dad.
I felt sorry for her and mournfull.
Poor badia I thought as I took my phone and dialled her number but it was busy. I dialled again and again, but she wouldn't pick the call.
I was lucky when she picked the call on my last attempt though
She wasn't able to say much but kept weeping , I felt sorry .
I consoled her and gave her my condolences.  soon I got ready and left for her place.

BADIA'S P.O.V;

Dad is gone , I can't believe this.
I kept crying , all I could see is people coming in and giving their condolences which made me wept the more. the only man I cared about is gone. now I have no one. I kept weeping, Abida was trying to console me but was weeping too her self. Abida was quite close to Dad and everyone at home too.
She was like thier third daughter. There I saw Abid's mum and sister, but where is he , I wondered.
My eyes kept roaming around , with the slightest hope, that I could see him.
How could he not have come.
Does he hates me this much , I thought.
I can't believe I was going to marry him I mutter. when suddenly his call came in. I kept staring at the screen of my phone and weeping all over till the call cut. he called again on the second ring I picked. He consoled me and said that his on his way. I don't know why but I felt a little bit relieved. I felt better and had the feeling all will be well. today will forever be green in my memory I thought.
Abid and everyone that cared came.
It was now night and my eyes were getting  heavier by the minute .
Most of the guests have left, leaving a few whom will stay over .
The night rolled fast,
It is now 12pm and I  hadn't sleep, i was unable to .
I took the pills Abid gave me earlier when he came,  he asked me to take it as for I was crying all day and I might fall ill if I didn't rest or  take anything to help me rest , when i told him i couldn't bring my mind at ease .
As I was restless I took my diary and wrote on it.
I gave some Maria whom was going to spend the night in my room and and Abida some pills too.
and asked them to take it. I asured them they will feel better.
  We all took the pill and finally fell asleep.

Death is inevitable,
Only when we are at our lowest do we know those  that really care.
Kindly press that star (votes😉).
~ with lurv;
Carltumee💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1M 353K 78
As a Muslim girl, marriage is one of Safia's biggest dreams. All her life she kept herself pure for her faith and her future husband. Although having...
192K 14.1K 43
A halal modern love story of 2 Muslims trying to heal themselves from their pasts and move forward as better people. Cyra recently moved to Paris wit...
342K 10.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...