Roses on the Sidewalk {HP}

By SnowingMoon

Rose Weasley was always a good girl. She followed the rules. But when a mystery unfolds during her fifth year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - The End

Chapter 7

2.5K 62 13
By SnowingMoon

Chapter 7: Telling is low

My cheeks were flushed from walking it the cold, and probably pink. I pulled my coat tightly around me. The autumn leaves crunched under my feet. I really do love autumn. I mean, it's so nice to wear a jumper now, and it makes you feel so warm and cozy on the inside. And poems about autmn are usually the best ones.

The lake was extremely silent and glassy. Its usually murky waters reflected the grey sky and big tree which branched over the lake. The Giant Squid was probably asleep, I thought to myself. 

Albus was walking towards me, part of his father's old invisibility cloak flapping out of his robe poket. He smiled mischeiviously, and waved an emptry piece of parchment. The Mauderers map. Even though the map was outdated, it was still usefull...even if it sometimes shows people walking in nowhere because of the changes made after the war. 

Originally, Harry didn't want any of his kids to get the map, so he gave it to Teddy, since his Dad was one of the creators. But when Teddy left school, he gave it to James, to 'keep it in the legacy'.

The Cloak, on the other hand, was given to James, on his second year, and told him to share with his siblings. It was always a constant fight for who was to keep it for the month. Eventually, Lily and Albus found out about the map, since it was a secret. So now they shared the map as well. The only problem was they couldn't find a third magic object, so that all three could have on of their own: so they decided to rotate between themselfs. 

I twirled a loose strand of hair franatically. 

"Albus, this is not a smart idea. It's cold and they'll probably see us.."

He rolled his eyes dismisslevley. "'course we can!" He flipped his hair in his Albus-way and continued "Don't worry we won't be caught." 

I widened my eyes as Lynn and Malfoy came out of the castle. Albus pulled out his cloak and we hid behind the tree by the lake. 

"This cloak should be bigger." I noted as I squimed because Al stepped on my foot. Albus ignored me and tried to hear the Slytherins. 

"No-" 

"Relax Scorpius." a cool voice inturpeted. "No one knows. And we'll just cover it up later- how would they find out?" 

Scorpius started to protest. "Yes, but I don't think the Slug would be more patient because if he finds out we might as well be exple-" 

"Scorpi. Stop being a goodie two-shoes Hufflepuff." she probably rolled his eyes,"I mean come on. How would someone find out?" 

I assumed they were talking about the 'bringing alcohol into school' scheme. Yes, some seventh would be allowed to drink- even though it isnt particularly 'reccomended' according to the teachers. 

My eyes averted themselfs from the little of Scorpius's blonde hair I could see to the doors, where James was coming out with Beth beside him, her light hair bouncing gleefully. I suppose they were 'hanging out' now. They were both Quidditch- obsessed people, I reasoned. 

Albus nidged me in the ribs, his eyes darting back to the conversation we were spying on.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my arm. Malfoy stopped talking and breathed out angrily:

"Who's there?" he growled. Lynn looked bored and threw a pebble harshley into the lake. 

Albus grimanced and looked at me with a 'really?' face. I pulled him behind the tree as Scorpius rounded the corner where we stood before. 

"Its no-one Scorpi!" sighned Lynn exaperatedly. 

He eyed the place where we stood suspiciously and went back to Lynn. I breathed out. 

Albus and I walked quietly back to the castle and pulled off the cloak. We decided it was better not to risk it. Also, Scorpius and Lynn just seemed to be arguing with eachother so no point there. His eyes were sparkling dangerously. He stalked off towards the common rooms without a word.  

"ALBUS!" 

He ignored me. Fine. Let him suit himself. 

Such a temper that boy has. I stomped to the library. He was the one who nuged me. How was I to know? 

I pulled out a random book from a shelf and flipped through it. Oh jolly, it was about- what else?- the 'oh so great battle of Hogwarts'. 

Proffesor Binns had told us the 'guests' would come in the procceeding weeks. Including tommorow. I was kind of curious to see who would come. No one knew. He said he was 'trying it out' for the first time, so we ought to be patient.

"Rose?" a voice inturpted my thoughts. Bex stood infront of me. "You okay?"

I flipped a page absentmindedly and got up to put the book back. "Fine."  

Her long hair hit my arm as she quickly followed me. "Really? Cuz I- I have to tell you something." I peered at her and pulled out a book on Charms. 

"And why don't you just use the BookFinder?" she pointed at a stand thing by the door. I scowled. 

"Because, I like doing some things without magic!"  Rebecca sucked in her cheeks, deep in thought. "So?" She snapped out of it. "What were you gonna te me?" I questioned turning to face her. 

"Um. Oh yeah, so. Someone- well, Andrew asked me out." she blushed. Andrew? The Ravenclaw prefect? Bex continued quickly,"But I think I like somone else, so I like don't know if I go with him to Hogsmeade-" The librarian looked up warningly.

"Whoah! Stop right there-" I pushed a curl behind my ear, "When is the Hogsmeade trip?" Bex looked at me seriously.

"I think its in three weeks. And anyways," 

I inturupted her again. "And you say you LIKE someone?" 

The librarian shushed us from her desk. I leaned in. "Who?" 

Bex went on to chewing on her pinkie nail. "I MIGHT like someone." I poked her in the ribs. 

"Rebecaa is in loove!!" I dragged her out so we could talk properly. 

"I'm NOT telling!" she slapped my hand and giggled. Weird. Lorcan and Lysandar waved from the end of the hallway. Bex smiled and waved back. Lorcan? Or Lysandar? 

"Moving on." Bex adjusted her one shoulder messanger bag. "Do you have any idea who is this special guest? I mean everyone is asking that. I wish it was like a Death Eater- it would be so awesome! Like imagine this woman- wait." she opened her bag and shuffled her things around, coming up with her History of Magic book. She opened it and pointed to a foto. "This woman, imagine her being in class? It would be a riot!" 

I looked down at the picture that Bex's nail - which was bright orange with a grey lightning bolt on it- was pointing at. A pale woman, with crazy black hair and mad dark eyes shook and screamed in Azkaban. Her bony figure gave me the creeps. 

I read the caption. 'Bellatrix Lestrange, Death Eater' it read. That name sounded familiar- probably one of my parents mentions. I think she was the death eater who Grandma killed. Yeah, I'm pretty sure of it.

"Haha. Like if McGonagall would allow it."

Peeves whooped by, Throwing raisins at us in the process. 

"HAHA!" He cried gleefully,"WEASLBY AND REBOOKA COVERED IN RAISINS! FRED IS GONNA LOVE IT!" 

"Peeves!" we moaned together. Peeves sometimes plotted things with Fred, so it was no surprise to hear him mentioning his name. "I'm having a talk with someone about this!" 

However odd it may seem, when we walked into the common room and Fred found a raisin stuck in Bex's hair he seemed surprised. 

Afterwards, he started laughing. 

I mean, what is so funny about RAISINS, for Petes sake? Raisins? 

Peeves really needs to find better jokes. I mean, pelting people with raisins just isn't funny. At all. I walked up to our dormitory to meet Lily, who had proclaimed that we needed to meet up and talk because she hadn't talked to me in 'ages'. 

Lily was chewing on Honeyduke's sweets when I walked in. She sat up and patted the spot beside her. "Roose! Come here! I have sweets." she added, lifting up the box and offering them to me. I took one and sat down.

"Okay, so look at this. James is completely annoying. You know who Averey Brunswallow is, right? The guy with dark hair, amber eyes? Yeah, so I think he looks cool-" Ah so Lily has a cruuush on someone. The last crush she had was on Teddy Lupin who is eleven years older than her. Naturally I thought she was kidding (she wasn't). I think all of us Weasley girls have had a crush on Teddy at some point in time. Which is quite weird. "And he was coming to talk to me today in the corridor. But then James comes up and sees him, and you know what he does? He jinxes him! I mean, now he's never going to talk to me ever again!" Lily sighed exaparetedly. 

I licked my finger and turned to Lily. "Well, I thought you found it funny when your brothers jinxed the boys who tried to talk to you", I said, recalling Lily's first year where Albus and James were completely overprotective. James tended to be worse. Even with me and some other cousins he was overprotective. Don't ask me why.

Lily shrugged. "Yeah, but now I want to talk to boys- and not just Hugo. I mean girls are just so... I don't know complicated." she rolled her eyes "No offence though."

I smiled, staring blankly at nothing. True words. "So what would you do?" Lily finally asked. 

I shrugged, a grin spreading over my face. "Perhaps I would tell on him,"

Lily's eyes immidiatley brightened. "MERLIN! How could I not have thought of that? Mom will totally help, I mean she had what- six brothers!"

Okay, that'll work then. I intended it as a joke but whatever.

That night I slept peacefully, probably for the last time in a few days...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 1.8K 47
Albus Potter, Hazel Malfoy, Scorpious Malfoy, and Rose Weasley are new first-years at Hogwarts, and the four of them only have one thing in common...
11.5K 187 19
Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy have always had an interesting relationship to say the least. Hate is a strong word, but they've never been friends...
69.3K 1.7K 19
Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley have had a connection ever since they met on the Hogwarts express in their first year. Now they are approaching thei...
16.2K 457 23
// In which Rose Weasley's Sorting goes oddly, and she strikes up an acquaintance with two unlikely people. Mysteries unfold around the disappearance...