Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Twelve : Insulting
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Five : California Love
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Two : Too Close
Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear

140K 2.9K 11.5K
By LexTheAuthor

Ajani Turner

As I cut up kiwi in the kitchen someone rung the doorbell and I heard Kaine's voice in the foyer as the front door opened. Lifting the knife up I examined how dull the knife had become and I realized I should probably ask Johan to sharpen it or something, the bwoy had been moping on the couch for a week looking like he was lost because he had to sit down due to his injury.

"I think he's in the back with my brother" Kaine said and I looked up at Saint's mother, Lauren who'd entered the kitchen in a tight fitting dress. She laughed all fake as she rubbed up against Kaine on purpose trying to play it off like an accident.

When she saw me she quickly straightened up probably assuming I wasn't home. I tilted the knife in my hand and looked her over and she remained standing in the doorway like she didn't want to take any chances coming closer.

Kaine caught on to the tension and moved towards the back door opening it up. The sound of teen laughter and rap music made it obvious that Aaron and his friends were out back enjoying themselves before the weather started to get cold again.

"Kaine is very handsome and you both made some beautiful kids. I think it's been a long time since I've dealt with a drug dealer let alone someone like him. I might have to try it again, they have the best dick" She laughed covering her mouth and I laughed along with her before abruptly stopping.

"I know right, it's been a long week since I've cut a bitch. I might have to do it again sometime" I smiled and she stopped laughing and pushed her hair behind her ear. Kaine eventually returned back inside as I continued to hold a knife in one hand and eat a piece of kiwi.

"Baby, maybe you should put the knife down" Kaine said slowly and I stared at him for awhile before running my tongue across the side of the knife tasting the juice that lingered. I slowly placed it in the sink as Saint poked his head through the door wondering what his mother wanted.

"Ma, I wanna stay the rest of the weekend. We aren't doing anything and we live next door" Saint stressed and Lauren tucked her hair behind her ear again before trying to hide the annoyance in her voice.

"No honey, did you forget about that thing we're going to? It's a long drive and we need to get going" Lauren lied and Saint grew a look of confusion as he folded his arms.

"What are you talking about? Why can't I just stay here?" Saint questioned again and she glared at him for awhile before she forced another smile.

"Be home tomorrow morning or I'll send your grandmother over here" She said through gritted teeth before turning to look at my husband. "Bye Kaine" she said rubbing his chest as she went passed and Kaine stared at me the entire time.

"My moms a whore and she'll probably try and sleep with you. She's broken up three marriages in this neighborhood. It's kinda sad" Saint said once he heard the front door open and close. I glanced at Kaine who laughed off what he said.

When Saint went back outside and shut the door Kaine leaned on the island across from me and I fed him a kiwi. I watched him chew slowly taking in how his facial hair had grown in some and the way he'd grown more muscular from lifting weights.

"Women and girls loose their mind over you. If only they knew how annoying you were" I teased as he leaned over the counter and kissed my lips. Someone cleared their throat aggressively and I glanced at Johan who was staring at us and holding a bell.

"Gyal, I've been ringing this bell for ten minutes straight waiting for my kiwi and I come in here and you're feeding it to him? Does my pain and suffering mean nothing?" Johan questioned. I took in his attire and rolled my eyes extra hard.

He wore a tacky colored bathrobe and a pair of baggy sweatpants with green hospital socks. He also sported a fresh bandage from when I'd helped him change it earlier.

"Give me my damn fruit!" He snapped snatching the bowl and we both watched him storm out of the kitchen with an attitude. Kaine eventually turned his attention back to me as he walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist loosely.

"Johan is going to be occupied for at least another hour and Knox and Kieran are napping. I think it's time we both relived some stress" Kaine offered as he pretended to be concerned.

"And what do you suggest? A bubble bath or are you just trying to fuck me?" I questioned bluntly and Kaine got a look of amusement on his face.

"Well when you say it like that it sounds a little bad. I prefer the term make love, I'm not in the mood to fuck, I wanna take things slow" Kaine whispered in my ear and the smell of mint weirdly turned me on.

I kissed his lips sloppily before we heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. I looked up half expecting it to be Johan coming to complain about the quality of fruit but was surprised by it being Malik.

I greeted him and like he always did he avoided my gaze and took a seat at the counter. I offered him left over pizza that Aaron and his friends were snacking on and he declined and folded his hands on the counter.

Yoli walked into the kitchen and went straight to my pantry beginning to rummage through it which made the awkward silence even more awkward. We all looked at her as she grabbed Knox's animal crackers down and Kaine tilted his head some and stared at her in annoyance.

"Hoe, go home!" He snapped snatching the animal crackers from her and she sighed dramatically as Malik slowly looked at her.

"This is the thot I was telling you about, she fucks family members" Kaine said to Malik and he blinked before looking away from her.

She rolled her eyes until the whites appeared before grabbing a banana from the counter and didn't bother arguing with him.

"I came over to invite you out tomorrow night for drinks. It's a pre celebration for my birthday and there's only so much I can hang out with Ciara and her friends alone" Yoli offered.

"Can't, I'm breastfeeding. I'll take your hungry ass out to dinner tomorrow though, my treat" I offered and Yoli's eyes perked up.

"That'll work, I'll be on vacation for my birthday. I told you about the basketball player I met that's taking me to Spain because I told him I'd never been and I want to go" Yoli said and I grew intrigued.

"He sounds like a keeper" I smirked and Kaine cut his eyes at me. "I'm talking about for Yoli, you're the only person that could satisfy me" I said kissing my husbands lips.

Yoli's eyes finally landed on Malik and they widened and she glanced at Kaine and then back at him a few times.

"Damn Kaine you really are the ugly brother. It's like God took his time with the other two and then you just happened to be there and got a little sprinkle" Yoli commented and Malik continued to stare straight ahead not acknowledging her.

Kaine turned to say something and I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his back as he glared at Yoli.

"See, now you have to get out of my house" I said and she sighed dramatically before she left and I watched Kaine open the fridge and pull out what he needed.

"Wow, you're looking extra daddyish today" I complimented and Kaine flexed discreetly causing Malik to look at the both of us weirdly.

"Can I have a bottle of water?" He questioned and Kaine grabbed a bottle of Fiji water from the fridge. Malik thanked him quietly as he scrolled through his phone and did his best to avoid making eye contact with anyone.

"Are you ready for this trip? Angelo and Raheem are hyped as fuck, maybe it's because they always has to stay behind" Kaine laughed more to himself and Malik rubbed his beard.

"Just remember you're going there for business, so remain alert" I said sternly as I kissed Kaine's lips and he smirked. They were taking a three day business trip to Cuba in a couple of days and I had no reason to be anxious for him to hurry up and come back but I was.

Erin screamed my name loudly from outside and I sighed and opened the backdoor seeing she was clutching onto Moses' shirt while Saint attempted to throw her into a pool.

"Saint leave her alone. If you like her there's other ways to go about it" I teased and his eyes widened as he made a face of disgust.

"No Jani. I love you, it's always been you" He said quickly as Moses rolled his eyes and yanked himself away from Erin's grasp.

I side eyed him as I slowly went back inside where Kaine was preparing a bottle for Kieran who had begun crying on the baby monitor.

"I got him" Kaine said walking away leaving me alone with Malik. An awkward silence took over and when Malik began to stare at me while propping his face against his fist I stared back not being able to resist a staring contest.

"Jani we don't want to guard that batty bwoy, it's repulsive and it makes me want to fight him" A young guard said referring to Aaron as he came into the kitchen with his partner. I broke eye contact and remained calm as I glanced between the both of them and they appeared nervous at my gaze.

"I bet you won't touch him" Malik said in a dry tone as he stared elsewhere getting this distant look in his eye. He appeared bored yet it was obvious he was a loose canon at the same time.

"That's why Kyle's his guard. Now go pack your things and go back to the island before you annoy me" I said in a serious tone and they avoided my gaze and did as told leaving out of my house.

I followed Malik's gaze towards the back window where Aaron was laughing with his friends before his gaze drifted back to me.

"Thank you. For everything, for loving both of my brothers when you only had to love one" He said folding his hands. I watched as he looked down attempting to keep his composure together and I gave him a small smile.

Kaine returned into the kitchen holding Kieran and Malik watched him closely growing uncomfortable as he shifted in the chair.

"He looks like you" Malik said slowly as he looked at me and I thanked him. Kaine took a seat before sticking the bottle into our sons mouth silencing his cries.

"You don't got to be afraid of him Malik, we can fix the wrongs that Josline and Enzo did" Kaine said looking up as his brother who let out a shaky breath as he avoided looking at Kaine.

Knox came into the kitchen after his nap crying as he ran to Kaine wanting to be picked up. Before I could move from my spot to comfort Knox, Kaine told me he could handle it.

He removed the bottle from Kieran's mouth briefly and sat it on the table before pulling Knox up onto his lap allowing him to rest his head on his chest. When Kaine placed the bottle back into Kieran's mouth he let Knox hold it as he watched the both of them.

"There's enough daddy to go around" Kaine stated as he looked up at me and winked running his tongue his lower lip and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You look like the type to take a million pictures of your kids sleeping for no reason other than to just have them" Malik commented as he sipped on his water.

"That's Ajani, she was crying last night because she was using the puppy snapchat filter on Knox and she was going on and on about how perfect he was" Kaine said trying to throw me under the bus.

"That's my baby and I'll proudly be that annoying parent" I shrugged as the backdoor opened up again and Aaron asked for a bottle of water. I tossed him bottle of Fiji water and as he took the top off to drink some but before he could Moses appeared behind him and grabbed it while Aaron frowned and shut the door back.

The front door opened and closed and a few moments later Angelo walked into the kitchen holding a bag of takeout. He placed it on the counter before he sniffed the air making me wonder what was wrong with him.

"What the hell is that smell? It smells like nail polish and the doctors office" he complained scrunching his face up.

"Oh, I had someone come over to do my nails this morning. I looked a hot mess and wasn't going to leave the house" I explain as I unlocked my phone.

Angelo extended his hand to Malik to slap hands with him and he simply stared at his cousin for awhile not making a move towards the gesture. After awhile Angelo frowned and lowered his hand before he begun digging into the bag containing Chinese food.

"Johan's in the living room in case you were wondering. I know you're still mad about me splitting you bwoys up but it was for the greater good" I explain and Angelo nodded.

"It's cool, Raheem would've been my second pick" Angelo stated and Kaine looked up as he made a face at him.

"Whatever. Y'all stay saying slick shit about me but it's cool, Raheem was actually my first choice anyway and I was his. That's what you call loyalty to your cousin" Kaine shrugged.

Malik observed their argument but remained calm as his eyes traveled around the kitchen. He removed a ziplock bag from his pocket that had a label on it and ate a piece of a cookie and it sunk in for the first time since he'd been here that he was more than likely high and had been the entire time.

"None of you know what I just went through, I saw Yoli's car out front earlier so I had to keep driving and take the long way to avoid running into her. I don't want her to get the wrong idea that this is anything more than sex, bitches get clingy with me" Angelo said and I tried to muffle my laughter.

"Ion think she cares what you do, I'm almost positive" Kaine chuckled and Angelo glanced at me as if I was hiding something.

"Nope, not getting involved. If you want to know what's up with her than you talk to her" I said eventually picking Knox up from Kaine's lap once he was done helping feed Kieran.

"Well you know what, y'all can forget about this Chinese food I just bought to be nice" Angelo said as he roughly began packing food back into the brown paper bag and we all stared at him in silence not really caring.

"Mama!" Knox whined pulling my hair and I looked at him. He puckered his lips and kissed my cheek before hugging his arms around my neck and Kaine rolled his eyes.

"Bambino your fadda is a hater. Let's go play in the game room and leave him salty" I smiled as Kaine fake smiled and laid a burp cloth on his shoulder.

-

"I really like you, do you have a girlfriend?" I teased Kaine as I held his hand. He smirked so his dimples poked out and we continued to go for a walk around our neighborhood at night while he puffed on a blunt.

"I'm actually married but you're badder than my wife so fuck her" He said as I swung our hands back and forth. He raised my hand to his mouth and kissed it which made me blush as I took in his nose piercing and neck tattoos.

"I have a husband too, he doesn't dick me down enough" I said with a sign and he laughed again. One of the neighbors small dogs barked at us but remained standing on the porch and we ignored it as we stopped walking.

Kaine pulled me in front of him and wrapped his arms around my waist as I kissed his lips. He brought the blunt down to his side and blew smoke out of the corner of his mouth.

"This shirt is so ugly, I told you not to buy it. Just because it's Versace it doesn't make it cute" I stated looking at his button down and he smacked his teeth and wrapped his arm around my should securely as we started walking again.

"I like it, that's all that should matter right?" He questioned as I placed my hand on top of his. I was caught off guard when he dropped the blunt he was holding and stepped on it before kicking it into a drain.

He made a gesture with his hand and I glanced at a cop that was arresting one of our neighbors who had blood covering his shirt. There was a couple police cars and two officers instructed us to go around.

Ever since Kaine had been arrested he'd developed a grudge against the police and just wanted nothing to do with them at all. I rubbed his hand for comfort as we walked around and I wandered what had taken place at that house.

"Let's talk about shit that really matters. How many more babies of mine you're trying to have?" He questioned looking down at me and I pretended to think.

"Just give me three more and I'll be happy. We can agree on five" I tried to reason and he licked his lips as he thought about the offer.

"My pull out game weak, it is what it is" He shrugged as I nuzzled into him. By the time we circled back around and got back to our house a lot of the lights were off and we shared a look before going inside.

I pulled Kaine towards the living room where Aaron and his friends were watching Inside out with Knox who was dressed in his pajamas and cuddled up with Peyton while struggling to keep his eyes open.

Kaine slowly picked him up and he didn't put up much of a fight as he closed his eyes. I followed Kaine up the staircase and as he carried Knox to bed I checked in on Kieran who was sleeping in his crib while Johan laid on the day bed and watched House of Cards with the volume down low.

"Gyal get out, he's fine" Johan demanded as he pulled a blanket over his body. I glanced over at my son one last time before shutting the door.

I returned back to my bedroom before Kaine and plugged my phone into the wall. A Keith Sweat song started to play and I smiled to myself hoping that tonight I'd finally get some dick after just spending the last two months fully healing and caring for our newborn.

Kaine came into our bedroom and shut the door when he saw me pulling my hair up. I heard the door lock and a few moments later he turned me around and helped me take off the grey lounging dress I wore that made my curves pop out more.

"Your husband might be mad but fuck him" Kaine teased lifting me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He ran his tongue across my lower lip before sliding it into mouth as he carried me over to the bed.

Kaine sat down and I straddled his lap continuing to kiss him. His hands gripped my ass and I pulled back some as he continued to try and kiss me.

"You know what would be good?" I questioned and he smirked and laid a kiss on my neck gently sucking on it and I smiled some.

"Chocolate, whip cream and strawberries" He said biting his lip and I nodded my head. Kaine gave me one last kiss before he slowly moved me to the side and stood up.

I watched him leave before opening one of the drawers and pulling out a box of condoms to be extra safe. I opened the box up as my phone started ringing, by the time I looked at my mother's FaceTime call I tried to hide my annoyance.

"Yes mama?" I questioned not wanting to be rude and ignore it. She turned the camera on my fadda who'd sat Ainsley in a chair and was preparing to cut his dreadlocks off as my brother cried and puffed out his cheeks.

"Fadda wait! What did the bwoy do, maybe we can talk it out" I try and reason and he looked towards the camera before taking it from my moms hands and turned it so I could see the bald spot on the back of Seven's head.

"He cut his hair so I'm going to cut his off" he said simply and I grew silent knowing Ainsley deserved this.

"Alright I got the chocolate, I was thinking we could put some on your nipples and I could lick it off. But then again you're still breastfeeding and I don't want milk to squirt into my mouth" Kaine said as he came back into the room with everything.

My eyes widened and I quickly hung up on my parents before the could say anything or show a reaction. Kaine stared at the surprised look on my face and I cleared my throat and placed my phone on do not disturb watching him toss everything on the bed.

"I think my parents heard you, they called me on FaceTime" I said watching his eyes widen. Kaine began pacing the room trying to come up with an excuse and I stood up and grabbed his arm.

"Kaine, relax. They'll more than likely pretend it didn't happen, they know we're having sex as weird as that may sound. We do have two children" I remind while I began unbuttoning his shirt.

"I bet your dad is going to find a reason to accidentally punch me in the face the next time he sees me" Kaine said shaking his head.

"My poor baby" I teased kissing his chest and Kaine looked down at me while running his tongue over his lower lip.

I pushed the shirt he was wearing off as he leaned down and sucked on my neck. I moaned silently growing turned on by the way he nibbled and knew what spot to kiss.

"You lay back on the bed" I teased while pulling at his belt. He looked down and watched me before pulling his pants all the way down and climbing into bed.

I straddled his lap and fed him a strawberry nearly laughing at the way he bit into it. While he chewed I kissed his chest and he rested his hands on my thighs.

"You sure your husband won't be home anytime soon? I heard he was a handsome savage" Kaine smirked as I slowly looked up at him.

"He's okay, his dick isn't as big as yours and he's kinda annoying" I teased causing Kaine to frown as he carefully flipped me over.

"Wait a minute, why do I detect shade being thrown?" Kaine questioned and I playfully shrugged. He stared at me for awhile before he leaned down and kissed my lips while slowing pulling down my panties.

"That wasn't shade" I laughed as he ripped open a condom with his teeth and carefully slid it on. He went silent as he kissed my lips to silence my moan while pushing inside of me. I bit down on his lip gently and he kept eye contact.

As he pushed deeper I clutched onto his back feeling complete bliss as I looked into his dark eyes.

Moses McKinley

Funerals never made me cry and the fact that I was the one who'd taken my bruv's life should've made this funeral easy to bare, but it wasn't. The sound of the crying and the windy air made my face grow warm and my heart feel heavy.

I let a few tear drops slide down my face as Alan's coffin was lowered into the ground and my aunt began to belt out a song. Family and friends stood around, some crying and asking God 'why' while others held it together to cry in private. I roughly pushed my tears away sniffling while Michael draped his arm over my shoulder and we watched our two sisters hug and cry out loud.

"It had to be done. It was either him or you, yeah?" He said lowly and I nodded. I wasn't sure if I was crying because my brother was dead or if I was crying for my mother still who didn't do anything to deserve her death except love him and his father and they took advantage of that.

Glancing up once I felt eyes on me I made eye contact with Deejay who stood on the other side with his younger brother Dylan. He lowered his head and said a silent prayer before he tapped his brother and they made their way way towards me as people had begun to walk away.

"I'm sorry for your loss" He said placing his hand on my shoulder and I nodded slowly deciding to keep what happened a secret. Deejay gave Dylan a shove and his seventeen year old brother looked at me and let out a shaky breath of nervousness.

"I don't know if I should say I'm sorry because everyone else has been saying that all day and it won't bring him back. But I knew how close you were with Alan and just know that I'm here for you, whenever" Dylan said as he hugged me tightly.

"Appreciate it, thank you" I said lowly as he pulled me closer. Deejay yanked his brothers shirt when he saw I was growing annoyed by not wanting to be touched. Dylan eventually let go and looked at me while Deejay and Michael carried on a conversation.

"Where's Skye? I figured she'd be here unless you two didn't make up?" Dylan inquired and I shrugged. She was still in the hospital recovering and I hadn't made the effort to go and see her really, my mind had been elsewhere.

"She sent her condolences, that's all she really could do" I said as I began to walk away and he fell in sync with me and walked beside me as I looked down at the slacks I was wearing.

"And your boyfriend? I figured as a couple you'd come together or does your family not know yet?" Dylan questioned and I shrugged. A few crying family members hugged me telling me how tragic it was that I'd lost my mom and then my dad and now my brother.

"I didn't want him to come, things like this make him nervous and uncomfortable" I said quietly and Dylan nodded before he folded his hands in front of him and continued looking at me.

"Have you always been bi? I don't know if now is the right time really but I had a thing for you for years and I was to afraid to actually express that. It's kinda weird how when I stop liking you, it comes out that you did go my way" Dylan said as he laughed to himself.

"I'm really tired and I don't feel like talking much. Excuse me bruv" I said and he seemed disappointed as he stopped walking allowing me to go off by myself. There was the same detective that kept popping up every now and then leaning up against my car.

When he saw me he straightened up and walked closer as I folded my arms and waited for him to say what he had to say.

"My condolences to your family, this has to be hard" he said and I could tell by his tone he wasn't really sorry nor did he care very much.

"There has to be a reason you showed up to his funeral, with that weak ass apology it must be because you're here to arrest me" I said and he began laughing before he shook his head.

"Just keeping tabs on you Moses that's all, and you know what? The funniest thing happened you see, I heard your cousin got killed earlier this year around New Years and you were at the same party" He said and I nodded.

"I was, I left early though before the shooting even happened. I had other stops to make" I assure and he took a single step closer.

"There's so many conflicting reports surrounding that night Moses. I mean one of the witnesses say the shooting happened at the end of the party and you were still there. Another account says you were with your cousin when he died and what put the icing on the cake is when we brought you in for questioning the first time your story was your cousin Jamal got into an altercation with a few guys and you tried to diffuse the situation. If you tried to diffuse the situation that would put you at the scene of the crime before the crime was committed" he said and I looked away.

"Jamal got into with someone and I tried to diffuse the situation, I thought everything was fine and a little after that I left the party because I had to take someone home and pop in at other parties. I got the call the next morning after the shooting happened and found out he'd been murdered" I said trying to get my story straight.

"So your alibi is this other person correct? Well then why don't you come down for questioning Monday morning and we'll figure it all out" He said handing me a business card.

I watched as he walked away seeming to have a pep in his step. Glancing over my shoulder I motioned with my hand for Michael to hurry up so we could go and he wrapped up his conversation with Deejay.

I climbed into his car and Michael joined me a few moments later. He started the car but didn't make a move and we sat in silence watching the cars leaving the graveyard.

"He should've been here with us, I don't understand why he chose to go out like that" Michael said and I cleared my throat.

"I'm not sorry" I said hoarsely and he nodded his head letting some tears flow. We sat in silence and I listened to him cry and be angry and I didn't comfort him.

"I'm going to Kim's crib, where do you want me to drop you off?" He questioned referring to his sons mother.

"Take me back to where you picked me up at" I said unbuttoning the dress shirt I was wearing. He nodded and pulled off as I plugged my phone in and put it on shuffle while cranking the volume up high.

Kano's voice filled the car and Michael seemed a bit surprised. He turned the stereo up a little louder while I leaned back in my seat.

"So you didn't forget your roots, yeah?" He questioned as I chuckled to myself and rubbed at my eyes. Michael dropped me off an hour later and before I could get out of the car he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Take care of yourself, we'll meet up soon" he said hugging me and I nodded. I climbed out of the car and shut the door before watching him pull off.

Saint's mum was outside watering her plants in a pair of cut off shorts and a tank top. When she saw me she smiled and waved and I eyed her body as I walked up to the front door and rung the doorbell.

Ajani and Kaine's cars weren't in the driveway and so I rung the doorbell again before twisting the door nob. I slowly came inside and locked the door behind me before going towards the living room where a TV was on.

I leaned over the large couch and looked at Aaron who was playing video games with a headset on. I roughly yanked if off and he looked up at me with an annoyed facial expression before he sat up some.

"You didn't hear me ringing the doorbell? Why is it so quiet here?" I questioned and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I think I'm home alone, Ajani went grocery shopping and Kaine left early this morning with Knox" he yawned as I climbed over the couch and sat next to him.

"Are you okay? How was it?" He asked watching as I removed the shirt I was wearing. He watched me kick my shoes off and I tried to get comfortable.

"It was like a normal funeral, you've never been to one?" I questioned and he shook his head no and looked down causing me to stroke the side of his face.

He leaned over and kissed my lips taking initiative for the first time in awhile. My hands went to the side of his face and I pulled him closer deepening the kiss.

"I love you" he said in between kisses and I returned it before pulling back some. He leaned in to kiss me again and I pulled back fully teasing him.

"Go fix me something to eat, this is your house" I remind and he agreed sitting his controller on the table. I watched him stand up and walk out and my eyes slowly roamed to his cellphone that had lit up.

Glancing over my shoulder in the direction he'd went, I waited awhile before picking the phone up. I typed in his code before going to his messages as I leaned back on the couch and preceded to look through it.

His conversation with Saint was typical, talking about sports and anime. He had a lot of unread messages from people and I hadn't realized how popular he'd become.

I closed out of his messages and went to his Instagram app as I scrolled through his feed and looked at his comments I smacked my teeth and clicked on a dudes profile who was telling him how sexy he was.

"I know I look better than him" I mumbled unfollowing him from Aaron's account. I looked down his feed some more seeing he had two pictures with Aaron, one was at a party and the other was in a gym class.

I went back to Aaron's page and clicked on the flipagram of us and I looked at it twice before scrolling down. There was a few broken heart emoji and a few people asking for my @ name.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Aaron questioned snatching his phone from me as he sat down a plate of leftovers.

"Why don't you ever tag my @ name you don't want people trying to follow me?" I questioned pulling him back down on to the couch.

"They don't need to know your @ name, why would I send people to be nosey or to thirst after you? Some people know who you are anyway, some girl came up to me and was like, 'you date that drug dealer don't you?'" Aaron said laughing.

I leaned over and kissed his lips again as he smiled and stuck his tongue out making me smack my teeth and shove his face away.

He picked up the controller and placed his head set back on as I preceded to eat the tacos from the night before. He picked up a controller as he flicked on the second tv screen and asked if I wanted to play.

"I'll pass, I don't feel like playing anything, I just want to take a nap" I stated as he moved his sock covered feet into my lap and I sat my plate on his legs.

My eyes roamed to to the navy blue sweat shorts and the black nike hat he wore on his head made me pull his legs further down on the couch and smirked.

"You look edible" I said looking him over and he smiled as he laid back on the couch and turned his attention to the screen.

"You look edible everyday and I just wanna love you" he admitted growing bold. I bit into the taco again before watching him closely.

"When I get done eating lets go up to your room, your bed is more... comfortable" I said and he paused the game and thought about it.

"I can put on a movie or something?" He questioned and I nodded. I watched as he stood up and jogged out of the living room seeming eager.

I waited until he was gone before picking his phone up again and started deleting some of his contacts of people I deemed irrelevant.

-

I kissed the back of Aaron's neck before pulling at his curls and he turned his head slightly to look at me. I carefully moved off of him before laying in the spot next to him just as his phone started to ring making the music stop playing.

Aaron placed his face into the pillow and took a couple of deep breaths before he got his composure and grabbed the phone answering it. I looked under the covers briefly before I tried to get comfortable while staring at the ceiling.

"Moses ate left over tacos but I didn't eat anything. I want a sub too, get a full one so I can take the other half to school tomorrow please" Aaron said into the phone and I nudged him.

"Wait Moses wants a sub too, so just get four like you were originally gonna get because Saint will probably show up later tonight" Aaron said. He was quiet for awhile as he listened to Ajani tell him something and eventually they said their goodbyes and he hung the phone up.

He went back to his playlist and pressed play causing a rap song to resume where it left off as he sat his phone back on the nightstand.

I sat up some and kissed his lips before he turned over on his back. He looked like something was on his mind as he pulled his covers higher on himself.

"You alright? You're acting like it's your first time" I laughed moving my arm behind my head and he hesitated before moving his head to my chest.

His Apple TV displayed a screen saver from being inactive for at least an hour and a half. When he grabbed the small remote he scrolled through some stuff and I declined almost every movie until he got tired of my pickiness and settled for Creed.

Aaron reached over me and picked up my phone before he used the finger print scanner and I sat up some caught off guard.

"What the hell are you doing? What is this?" I questioned and he began scrolling through my contacts before he looked up at me.

"Who's Phill? He sounds irrelevant maybe I should delete him" Aaron said attempting to delete my weed man and I quickly grabbed my phone.

"Half of my contacts are gone in my phone and you blocked some of my friends from school on Instagram. I'm just returning the favor" he laughed and I smirked.

"I'm a drug dealer so you can't just be deleting my contacts. You can block whoever you want on my Instagram though, none of them really matter" I said and agreed and went to the app.

I watched him click on this girls profile and he went through her feed before he smiled to himself and looked at me.

"She's sexy, she has a nice body. I'd work out with her and if you cheated on me with her, I'd dump you but I'd understand" Aaron said looking up at me as he double tapped a picture of her bending over in the gym in yoga pants.

"I just fucked you and you're thirsting over some bitch that I already fucked. That's rude innit?" I questioned and he looked at me.

"I'm just looking, there's nothing wrong with looking. What if you wanna have a threesome one day?" He questioned and I raised an eyebrow thinking about it before abandoning the idea.

"Nah you might fall in love with the pussy and then leave me, yeah? I think we should just keep this between us" I said surprising myself. I never thought I'd be the one to get jealous because that was Ron's thing but I guess it goes both ways.

"That's a relief, I was just messing with you. I think she's sexy but I love you" Aaron admitted and I smacked my teeth.

He turned his full attention to the movie while I fought with myself, part of me wanted to get up and shower and then the other part of me was comfortable.

I picked my phone up and switched the camera before holding it up to look at myself. Aaron glanced at me briefly before he sat up on his elbows.

"Do you think sucking dick makes you less cool or something?" Aaron questioned me and I raised an eyebrow.

"I've never sucked dick before and I don't plan on it. We agreed this isn't an ass eating or a dick sucking sexual relationship. I fuck you and then occasionally help you get off and if you want to suck me off then you can" I stated and Aaron sat all the way up.

"Things are best kept simple" Aaron agreed as he forced a smile and I looked over at him. I clicked on the Instagram app before going to take a picture.

"Lean down and kiss me" I chuckled sticking my tongue out and Aaron was quiet for a moment before he leaned down sticking his tongue into my mouth.

He placed his hand on my shoulder as he leaned down further before he preceded to laugh as he pulled and climbed out of bed.

"You can use my shower and I'll use the one in the hallway" Aaron offered as he paused the movie and grabbed the towel. I watched him unlock his door before leaving out and I waited awhile before getting up and going into his bathroom.

After an hour and a half was spent in the shower I got out and air dried as I opened up his medicine cabinet and picked up a full pill bottle of antidepressants and some other prescription drugs.

There was a knock on the door and I placed the pills down before pulling on a pair of boxers from out of my bag. I unlocked the door and Aaron came in holding a plastic cup of water, he opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the bottle I'd just set down.

When he felt eyes on him and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye before he looked down at the bottle and unscrewed the top.

"Are you sick or something? I thought we tell each other everything, I'd understand and help support you more emotionally" I said pulling on a pair of pajama pants.

"It's for my anxiety, I didn't mean to worry you. I'm getting help professionally and it makes me feel better to just keep it private for now so that I can separate myself from the talks in therapy" Aaron said before taking his medication.

He screwed the top back on and put it back before drinking all of the water in the cup before tossing it into the trash. I carried my bag out of the bathroom and he followed shutting the lights off.

"How long have you been in therapy? Since we've been together?" I questioned and he nodded his head slowly.

"There's just a lot of stuff I can't tell anybody, stuff that I think about and worry about all of the time. Sometimes it feels like I'm suffocating and I feel helpless every time I think about it. Things that shouldn't worry me do and everything makes me so anxious and worried, not a lot of people understand that" Aaron tried to express as he sat down and tilted his head back some as he rubbed at his neck.

I sat down next to him on the freshly made bed noticing he'd changed the sheets and everything already.

"I'm sorry you feel like that. If I could take the pain away I would" I let him know touching the side of his face and he smiled small. The front door opened and we shared a look with each other before we left out of his room knowing Ajani was home.

I took the car seat that Kyle was carrying and Aaron took the groceries from Ajani and walked into the kitchen. I went into the living room and sat the car seat down before squatting as I unbuckled Kieran noticing his face was scrunched up and he was doing the weird shit before he started crying.

"Fam, I got you. You wouldn't last a second where I'm from with all that crying, that's for the weak, yeah?" I chuckled removing him from the car seat.

I supported his head as I cradled him in my arms and looked up at Aaron who stood seeming worried in the doorway. He walked over to me and glanced at Kieran offering to take him off my hands but I declined growing fond of the baby.

"He isn't like my bruv's son or Antonia's daughter. He has so much personality, he's a baby but he carries himself like a young king just like Knox" I pointed out.

"I honestly didn't think you'd be into kids, especially because he barely likes anybody that isn't Ajani. I think he only tolerates Kaine" Aaron said finding it funny.

"Every time I'm over and Knox is playing near him when he's in the bouncer he'll just stare at him like he wants his bruva to notice him" I said and Aaron gave me a weird look as he glanced at his nephew who was staring up at him.

"Ajani has something else to do, I'm gonna tell her that I wanna watch Kieran for her while she's gone. Here's your chance to run away now" Aaron stated and my eyes widened as I playfully looked around for my car keys.

"It's cool, babies this young tend to sleep a lot. I bet after he gets a bottle he'll sleep until it's time for her to come back" I remind while following Aaron into the kitchen where Ajani and two of her guards were putting away all of the groceries.

"Why do you have labels on your breast milk? Isn't that a known fact what those containers are for, yeah?" I questioned and Ajani looked up at us before she laughed and placed orange juice into the fridge.

"Bwoy you'd be surprised about how stupid some people are. Angelo has accidentally drunken some and so has Saint, but something tells me him drinking it wasn't an accident" Ajani said as he rubbed her chin and thought about it.

"We can watch Kieran for you while you go and do what you have to do" Aaron blurted out and I glanced at him.

Ajani seemed hesitant as she collected all of the empty plastic bags and stuffed them into one before placing it under her sink.

"I think you can trust the bwoys because I know likkle mon will be in good hands and if he isn't I'll slit their throat" Kemba said slowly glancing at the both of us and Aaron took a discrete step back.

"Here's the bottle he was just drinking on, he might want the rest of it now. There's enough milk for him until I get back later and you know how to change a diaper. Johan should be here soon, he had a doctors appointment" Ajani said giving in.

I took the bottle from her and went back into the living room as Aaron remained in the kitchen talking to Ajani. I adjusted him in my arms as I pulled my ringing phone from my pocket and placed it on speaker.

"I'm beginning to think that you never give me a chance to call you. I never get s chance to actually miss you before you start calling again" I explained sticking the bottle into Kieran's mouth.

"I just wanted to check on you, not a lot of people can put a sibling into the ground and be okay" Skye said sadly.

"You know, I used Aaron as an alibi for what happened at that party with Jamal. I'm starting to rethink that, I didn't name drop him or anything but he might crack under the pressure" I said lowly knowing she'd already given a witness statement so she couldn't be my alibi.

"As much as I don't like her, you could use Kamiya. She never gave a statement and she ended up passing out drunk before the police came after the shooting. She never saw what happened" Skye said lowly.

"Neither did Aaron I'm sure he heard what happened. The only thing is he can put me at the scene of the crime when the shooting first happened when I said I left before that. I wasn't even expecting this to come back" I explained.

"Yeah well it did. Have you talked to Maya recently? She said you were avoiding her and I didn't know why, weren't you staying at her place?" Skye questioned.

"I've been crashing with everyone. With that hit still being out on my head I'm not taking no chances. I need somebody to get me a place in their name and maybe then it'll give me some time" I said.

When I noticed Kieran had finished his bottle and was only sucking on air I laughed at his face and removed the bottle from his mouth. He was giving me this intense stare like it was my fault he was just sucking on air.

"How are you and Aaron? You have no idea how many of my friends can't keep his name out their mouth. He's a cutie, I wonder if he realizes it yet" Skye said with a little laughter.

"I think he knows, he just still feels insecure with himself" I said grabbing a burp cloth and placed it over my shoulder before burping his nephew.

"Okay, but about you and Maya. She told me that-" Skye stated and I quickly hung the phone up as Aaron came into the living room.

"Who do you think he looks like?" He questioned sitting next to me. I waited for Kieran to burp before looking at his face while wiping milk from his mouth.

"Everyone says Ajani but I see Kaine. He looks like you and your brothers baby pictures, your family has strong genes" I stated and Aaron squinted his eyes some and looked closer to be funny.

"He doesn't make me want kids. I know you want children some day but I just don't" Aaron said quietly and I shrugged.

"I don't really want children either it's not something I need. If I had them it'd be for curiosity like wondering what they'd look like. Who's to say we'll even be dealing with each other in full adulthood though?" I questioned being realistic.

Aaron glanced at me appearing saddened before he looked down and didn't say anything. I liked to joke about the future and the what ifs but the honest truth was, anything could happen and it wasn't good to plan a future that wasn't certain.

"You're right. It's good to live in the now and not the future that isn't here yet" Aaron said clearing his throat. The room consumed itself in an awkward silence as I touched his nephews hand.

Kyle walked passed the living room talking to a woman I'd never seen before, yet she seemed so familiar. She glanced at me and my eyes followed her out watching as she winked and I smirked slowly looking at her ass as she turned the corner.

Aaron stood up and grabbed the empty bottle before moving around me as he left out of the living room going in the same direction.

"You think he saw me?" I whispered as Kieran continued to stare as if he was judging me. When I heard footsteps I assumed it was Aaron but looking up it was the woman from before.

"You were watching me extra hard I'm surprised you didn't just go ahead and ask for my number" she flirted and I slowly got up and moved Kieran into his bouncer and made sure he was straight before looking back at the woman.

"I can't, I have a um- thing going on with someone and I'm trying to take it serious. But you are beautiful" I admit and she folded her arms some.

"Oh so you have a girlfriend? I guess that can't be helped, it's actually kinda sad because I think you're really cute" She flirted and I smiled weakly.

"Not exactly a girlfriend but close" I said quickly and she raised an eyebrow seeming confused as to what I was trying to say.

"So you don't have a girlfriend? Just a little situation going on. I think it's good to have options incase this situation doesn't work out" She said as I admired her plump and glossed lips.

"Options are good" I said in a trance almost as she placed her hand on my chest and recited her number compelling me to lock it into my phone. I looked around her at Aaron who was holding two drinks in his hand and standing in the doorway.

"Hi, Ciara. I see you've met Moses" he said hoarsely as he looked down at the drinks in his hand and she glanced at the both of us seeming surprised.

"This is Moses? Wow, that's shocking" She stated looking me over. She moved her hand before she sighed and walked away pinching Aaron's cheek as he kept the same sullen face.

"You brought drinks" I said making conversation and he extended his hand causing me to walk over and carefully take it from him, half expecting him to throw it at my face.

"I think you should leave. I don't feel like having company over any more and it's a school night" He said in a firm tone as he looked up at me. His hazel eyes didn't appear as light, almost like they dimmed as his nostrils flared and his jaw tightened.

"Ron I wasn't going to actually call her. You know me and you know I'm a flirt" I defended and he blinked remaining tense.

"Yo, I'm not trying to hear none of that. Get out and don't come over again, don't show up at my school tomorrow either. Just leave" He repeated as he grew angrier.

"Can I go upstairs and get my stuff then? Or are you gonna toss me out in my pajamas, yeah?" I questioned and he moved to the side causing me to roughly bump him as I went passed.

I jogged up the staircase and took the pajama pants off before getting dressed and stuffing all of my stuff into a bag. When I finished I came jogging down the staircase and Aaron who was waiting by the front door opened it up for me.

"Should I give you a rang tonight or will you still be acting like a bitch then?" I questioned and his jaw tightened some making him appear more attractive as he got this weird look in his eyes.

"Don't call me, if I want to talk to you then I'll get back to you. I'm going to start treating you how you treat me" He said before slamming the front door in my face.

I folded my arms before shaking my head as I walked down the steps when I heard someone whistling. I glanced towards the side of the porch and smacked my teeth when I saw Saint shaking his head disapprovingly.

"You know how many people like A A Ron? He's nice, he's loyal, he's good looking I mean not as good looking as me but he's up there. His family is rich so he can buy people stuff and he's just an all around good person and you're taking advantage of that" Saint said and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I wasn't going to call her" I said not even believing myself. Saint folded his arms behind his back catching my lie.

"Well as your straight couples therapist, I'd say you were emotionally cheating before physically cheating. Now if you excuse me, I have to go check on Ron, my wife and my step child" Saint said going into the house and I rolled my eyes still stuck on what Aaron said.

What the fuck did he mean by treating me how I treat him? I didn't do anything to him.

Angelo Simms

I stood off to the side allowing Raheem to argue with a good friend of ours named Cesar about a brand new car he was trying to buy from him. The car was a floor model and wasn't legal in the states yet but that didn't stop Raheem from being an ass and still wanting him to sell the car to him just so it could sit in his garage.

Hearing a car door I glanced over my shoulder at Kaine who was getting out of his car. He held Knox's hand and came walking over to us in similar outfits. I extended my hand to my cousin slapping hands with him before I picked Knox up and carried him on my hip.

"Alright papito, which car should daddy Lo get? I trust your opinion the most?" I questioned pointing out two cars. Kaine walked over to a new Mercedes and when Caesar saw the look in his eyes he abruptly stopped talking to Raheem and went over to Kaine to make a deal.

Knox shyly pointed to the steel grey Lamborghini and I smirked and walked over sitting him in the open car. I admired the interior as Knox played with steering wheel before decide this was what I was going to get and then I'd have no more room in my garage except for maybe another bike.

"You got one of these in white and another in black? I wanna see how they look, I'm thinking about getting a third car since Aaron is about to get his license but he doesn't really want a car. I guess this shit will just be for emergencies" Kaine explained as he folded his arms.

"Since you buying cars for emergencies and shit buy this car for me. My birthday in a few weeks" I stated and he smacked his teeth. Caesar opened the door and allowed Kaine to sit inside of it while propping the car qualities up to make it more appealing.

I helped Knox climb down from the car and held his hand so he wouldn't run off. I watched his eyes dart around the nice and expensive cars and it was like something in him lit up judging by the way he looked like he was at a theme park.

"He gon be a mini Kaine and love the finer things in life. You better still be bringing in a bunch of dough by the time he's old enough to drive because he's going to milk your pockets bruh" Raheem teased as Kaine looked at Knox.

"Hijo, you like this?" Kaine questioned reaching for him and Knox slowly walked over allowing his father to pull him on onto his lap while he sat in the Mercedes. He and Kaine wore matching gold bracelets and Knox's diamond Jesus piece was tucked into his shirt.

"He's right Carlito and since I feel bad for you, I'll take a fifty thousand off the original price and you can save that for his first car" Caesar offered and Kaine looked inside before rubbing the interior.

"I'll take it" He agreed nodding his head and Caesar slapped hands with him while Knox touched the stirring wheel. A car pulled up on the lot as Raheem walked over to us wondering who was in the car.

Kaine tilted his head some and looked at the car and I placed my hand over the gun I had tucked away as Caesar reached behind him for a gun as well.

A few moments later a shapely woman emerged carrying a baby on her hip and Kaine's father Enzo got out of the drivers side. I glanced at my cousin wondering if he was expecting his father but he seemed agitated as he tilted his head back in annoyance.

"It's cool Caesar, just go get the paperwork ready" Kaine demanded as Raheem picked Knox up and took him into the dealership where he'd be away from the confrontation about to take place.

Kaine got out of the car and shut the door before he looked at his father with a raised eyebrow. Enzo approached Kaine and I stood between him and made a gesture for him to take a few steps backwards.

"This is your litter sister we named her Millie" Enzo said making small talk and Kaine stared at him blankly before he nudged me showing the humorous look he developed on his face.

"Malik, Aaron and I came to the conclusion that we won't claim any children you have with your new wife. No offense to the baby, she's beautiful and if you two happened to meet your demise I'll set her up a college fund or whatever because we share the same blood but other than that I'd appreciate if you stopped popping up when I made it clear whatever father and son relationship we had in the past is done" Kaine said firmly.

The look Enzo had in his face showed an ounce of hurt and for a second I thought the nigga was gonna cry or something. His wife looked at Kaine with annoyance and tried to refrain from saying anything to him, probably because she knew he had no filter and would hurt her feelings.

"We can't keep going through life like we don't exist to one another. Carlito, you're my son and I love you" Enzo stressed and I looked at Kaine who was looking at the time on his watch.

"We can and we will. Is there a specific reason why you're here though? You always pop up when you want something" Kaine said and Enzo looked at me.

"Angelo please talk some sense into your cousin. I'm trying so hard to make up for my wrongs and he won't let me" His father said weakly as he let out a cough.

He looked pitiful and it was obvious nothing was wrong with him he was just trying to guilt trip us into seeing things his way.

"What do you want exactly? How am I suppose to get him to talk to you when you aren't answering the questions he's asking you?" I questioned growing annoyed.

"Your grandfather would like a word with you Kaine, he thinks that we smoothed things over a long time ago and he's having a birthday next weekend. He asked specifically for you, Aaron and Malik he even wants your wife to come" Enzo stressed and Kaine rubbed his chin.

"So you lied to him and told him we were cool and you want us to go and pretend like you're the father of the year? Interesting" Kaine smirked.

"Please don't embarrass me Kaine, that's not all I came here for. I would like to talk the rest of this over lunch and maybe I can get to know my grandson. I think it's in your best interest to accept this offer" Enzo said and his wife smiled.

"And if he says no, what are you going to do?" I questioned as his wife flashed a police badge and looked at the both of us.

"I think the question is what are you going to do?" She asked innocently as Kaine smiled and looked over his shoulder at Raheem and Knox who were coming out of the building.

Raheem seemed to be confused as he looked at the card he was holding. Kaine lifted his son up as I walked over to Raheem.

"My cards got declined and I don't know why" He said and I brushed it off telling him it was probably a mistake and he should just call the company.

"You both are welcome to join us, in fact I think it'd be better if you did join us" Enzo said. I went to decline before my attention went to his wife who was putting her badge away and I wanted to know more about that situation.

"Is she a cop? What the hell did I miss?" Raheem questioned as I silenced him and shoved him towards the car.

"I knew you'd see things my way" Enzo smiled and I glanced towards my cousin before climbing into my car with Raheem.

I waited for the cars to drive off before trailing behind them more disappointed that I didn't get to get my car.

"Kaine's dad is always fucking shit up huh? Why does he hate him so much? Is it warranted?" Raheem asked sounding like a skeptic.

"I think it'd be better to ask why he doesn't hate his father, I'm sure the list will be much shorter and Kaine would probably say something like because Enzo had a weak pull out game and knocked Josline up with him. Think about your own dead beat father and your pops would probably be father of the year compared to him" I said and Raheem thought about it.

"Well my dad shot Harlem and a bunch of other shit so I guess Kaine's pops must be the devil himself" Raheem responded.

When we got to the restaurant I left my keys to Raheem who stayed in the car and was trying to figure out what was going on with his money.

As I came inside I noticed the tense mood and walked over to the table Kaine and his father had sat down at. The only thing helping the mood was the fact that Knox was sitting on Kaine's lap and playing with the menu.

"I'll eat but only if you're paying" I smiled sitting down. I nudged Kaine when I noticed he was squinting his eyes at father.

"Can you just tell us why she's a cop and why you keep harassing me. I didn't do anything and I don't think my lawyer would like to hear about this" Kaine said through clenched teeth.

"Let me formally introduce myself, I'm Nicole. Your stepmother and a detective and there's some things you both should know" She said sitting up some.

"So fill me in so I can leave" I said folding my hands on the table. Nicole shared a look with Enzo who was bouncing their daughter on his lap playfully.

"I'm going to tell you somethings that are confidential and I'm going to need you both to remain quiet and not say anything incriminating or I'll be forced to use that against you. I'm trying to help you, the police know exactly who you are, they just don't have any proof" She said firmly.

I took a deep breath already knowing that but the fact she just confirmed it made Kaine wrap his arms around his son tighter.

"Why can't he just fake his death. That's a real thing that some people do" I said lowly and Nicole nodded before glancing at Kaine.

"You can't do that, you're on the most watched list. If you die they'll want to see a body and have DNA. You need to stop doing what you're doing and evaluate the situation carefully" She snapped and Kaine clenched his jaw.

"It's either prison or death, I'm stuck right now. Tell me something that I don't know instead of trying to tell me something that I can't currently fix because it's not helpful!" Kaine said angrily.

The waitress took our drink order and our main order before she went on her way saying she'd be back soon.

"All of your cards are frozen temporarily except for maybe the ones he has because he doesn't exist" She said and I glanced at Enzo who avoided my gaze knowing he was the one who told her.

"I can give you a little time but only because of your father and the least you could do is make amends with your family. He's always had your best interest at heart" She said and Kaine raised an eyebrow before he looked back and forth between them.

"What bullshit lies have you been telling her. With all due respect Nicole you don't know me, you aren't my mother and you have no idea about what you're talking about so you shouldn't speak on it especially in front of my son" Kaine said through clenched teeth.

"Papá don't cry" Knox said looking up at him innocently with a slight pout and I pulled him on to my lap and rested my chin on top of his head.

"I don't think this is a conversation we should be having right now" Enzo said looking at his wife and she perused her lips together and shook her head before rolling her eyes

The waitress eventually returned with the food and I shared a look with Kaine wondering if we were suppose to sit and pretend like we wanted to eat with them.

"Your son is rude as hell, he ain't even ask if he could have one of my chicken strips he just picked it up" I chuckled watching him take a bite. He held it up to my mouth and I bit it while everyone sat in an awkward silence.

"You should also consider leaving the game if not for your kids but for your wife. That poor woman is probably always worried sick about you, how are you going to protect her if you're in prison?" She said and I perked up some.

"I thought we were done with this topic. Why is she still talking about it?" Kaine questioned his father as he ignored Nicole.

"Honey, why don't you take Millie and change her diaper" He said handing her over the baby. Nicole grabbed the diaper bag and seemed to have an attitude as she walked away.

"I know she can't replace your mother but if you got to know her you'd like her a lot. She's amazing and she's trying to help you, all of you actually" Enzo said awkwardly.

"Is the food good hijo? Gimme some" Kaine said ignoring his delusional father. Knox's hand shook as he lifted up the spoon of Mac & Cheese feeding some to Kaine. He chewed the food in his mouth before he looked at his father.

"That meeting with your father, I'll go and I won't embarrass you. But if I go that's it, you can't bother me anymore and you'll keep your distance. All of us are in therapy because of you and the abuse and no matter how many times you say sorry it won't fix that. I could never do drugs and look at my innocent children's faces and hurt them like that. I could never break his arm or push him down a flight of stairs or lock him in a washing machine because he won't stop crying" Kaine ranted and Enzo nodded as tears weld up in his eyes.

He came to accept that things wouldn't progress between him or his children because they all hated him and never wanted to forget him.

"Angelo, your mom says hey" Enzo sniffled pushing some of his tears away as I sipped on a glass of lemonade.

"Tell her you didn't see me, I don't want her in my life either" I explain and he nodded slowly as his wife returned.

The next hour was filled with silence and I received a text from Raheem stating that he wasn't coming inside but to bring him out Knox's left overs. I ended up eating it though, I thought it'd be funny and it was.

-

"I'm about to delete this batty bwoy from all of my social media. He's on his emo shit and ruining my mood, I just got shot don't be trying to make me feel worse" Johan complained as I walked into my living room.

I paused and looked at him for awhile trying to make sure I was actually at my house. After awhile I folded my arms in the front of me and stared at the bowl of chips and the opened soda sitting on my coffee table without a coster.

"Some broad is coming over soon, I need you to get out bruh" I demanded snatching the blanket from him and he turned over on his side and groaned from the pain that I didn't cause him.

"Just let me stay for another hour, it's almost dinner time so I'll leave soon" he reasoned and I eventually gave in and sat in my arm chair half curious about what he was talking about.

"Is this about Moses who was making a bunch of snaps about loyalty? I removed him from my snapchat" I shrugged. Whenever there was something going on that I just really ain't give a fuck about I just casually removed myself from the situation.

"Yeah, I wanna remove the bwoy but at the same time it's kinda interesting. Apparently Ron is hanging out with some gyal right now, the batty bwoy even removed all of their pictures and changed his bio to the open lock emoji. Kiddies these days are dramatic" Johan said and I perked up some.

"Didn't you and Anessa just breakup? She was bad as hell and I wanted to fuck her so bad" I mumbled and Johan slowly sat up.

"Yeah I liked the gyal, she cooked for me and cleaned. She fucked me whenever and liked to cuddle but once she wanted to meet my family I had to cut her loose" Johan said speaking on his ex that he dated for like two months and just didn't tell anybody.

"It's kinda good you ain't post her on your IG. All your side chicks would've harassed the poor girl, y'all were a dope couple though but you need a crazy bitch" I said and he nodded.

"Maybe or relationships just aren't for me. I feel like everybody is in a rush to get cuffed and I just don't have the attention span. I'd rather sharpen knives and stab people to death while collecting exotic pets" he said rubbing his chin going into his thoughts.

"Well I'm about to be twenty five, I at least want to look at my options and start trying to find a wife. I want kids and shit eventually, maybe not kids but I really do want a wife" I said and he sat up while holding the place he was shot.

"Want me to sign you up for a dating website or some shit?" He questioned and I made a face while contemplating his offer.

"That's plan D, let's go the natural way and pick up a bitch from the club. Hopefully she's not a prostitute like last time" I said and he nodded his head.

When someone rung my doorbell I slowly stood up and cut the TV on revealing Moses standing on my front porch smoking a blunt.

"Maybe if we cut the lights out he'll go away" I suggest and Johan agreed before he paused and folded his arms.

"But the bwoy has weed, you're all out" He reminded and I made a gun gesture with my hand and pretended to blow my brains out.

"Yo, you're right. I could just snatch it from him and slam the door, it worked on Kaine before" I said with a chuckle and Johan smirked.

"Nah I actually like the bwoy, just let him in" he said as I walked out of the living room. I opened the front door half expecting Moses to be crying by the way he was acting on social media but he wasn't.

I eyed him weirdly as he walked into my home and I shut the door behind him. We stood in an awkward silence before he looked down briefly and handed me the blunt he was smoking.

"You done acting like a female on social media? I got people calling me and telling me how much of a fool you're making of yourself. You wanna be a kingpin? You need to stop that shit" I scolded and Moses kept the facial expression he had.

"Ron caught me getting Yoli's sisters number and kicked me out. I can't ea- well I can still eat and I haven't tried to go to sleep yet, yeah? But I feel sick to my stomach. I've never seen him so mad before, it was just a number" Moses said as he sadly trailed behind me into the living room.

The spot Johan once sat was empty and I looked around for a trace of where he'd run off to but I had no clue and just figured he didn't want to be involved with the conversation.

"Well, you can't do anything about it now. Whatever happened already happened, Ciara is nasty though so I wouldn't even touch her with a ten foot pole" I warned taking the blunt from him and puffing on it.

"Aaron said he's going to start treating me how I treat him and I don't get it. I'm not that bad, Ron and I have an understanding" he tried to explain.

"So he got mad at you? That's it? Why are you all in your feelings?" I questioned trying to hide my annoyance.

Moses unlocked his phone before he showed me a conversation going on under one of Aaron's pictures between him and a girl and another nigga.

I observed the conversation for awhile before using my finger to scroll. Moses looked up at me as I blew smoke out of my mouth.

"Yeah, they want him and he entertaining them. Bet you don't have enough balls to click on they profiles and see if he commented on one of their pictures" I said egging him on.

Moses clicked on the girls account but her account was private. He tried the guys page and I watched Moses click one of the pictures that had over a hundred comments.

"He used the smiley emoji that shows teeth. He wants to be a fuck boy, yeah? I'm about to give him a rang and properly curse him out" Moses said nodding.

"Your inner British is coming out. But I'm all for you making a fool out of yourself and sense I don't have any adult problems to deal with right now, go ahead" I said sarcastically.

Moses scowled as he looked down at his lap and picked away imaginary lint from his pants to keep himself distracted.

"I don't know why I do the things that I do. Maybe I'm weak, but I do care a lot about him and this is the first relationship I've ever cared about someone really deep and it's a dude. Sometimes I feel awkward and ashamed and I can't help that, it just takes time. I'm struggling a little bit" Moses vented.

"I don't think I ever had a problem with gay people beforehand, I just didn't want to be around it and I had a fucked up outlook because of my own ignorance. When Kaine told me Aaron went both ways I had to take a step back and look at the part of myself that was disgusted by him and I realized how fucked up it was. Being homophobic doesn't make you any straighter it just spreads hate and fear and it shouldn't be like that. Like that's my little cousin and I want to protect him because he's still Aaron and he's going to be Aaron until the day he dies, you know?" I questioned and he nodded.

"I don't think that I was ever homophobic, I was locked up before this and I saw a lot but I never got involved with that shit because that's not something I was into. It's ironic that when I get out of jail I end up going that way, when for some people it's the complete opposite and they come back out pretending like they didn't just fuck another dude behind bars. I don't know why I'm looking for acceptance" Moses said shaking his head.

"You just gotta stop looking for acceptance because to be brutally honest not everyone is going to accept you or this and they don't have to. But what they have to do is treat you like a human being and respect you as a man and that's all you can ask for" I shrugged leaning forward.

Moses' phone rung and he slowly looked at it before he smacked his teeth and answered. I stood up and left him alone before taking the leftover bowl of chips into the kitchen to throw away.

Johan was seated on my counter eating left over pizza and scrolling through his phone. When he saw me he frowned.

"You should've brought Knox, now it's boring. You know this is a two man and a half squad" Johan frowned.

"I tried but Kaine was taking him to get a haircut. That lil nigga is getting so big, what if I don't love my actual children as much?" I stressed.

"Bwoy you will, I probably won't but you will" Johan said making me laugh. He had up his phone showing a mini four wheeler.

"We need to get Knox one of those because bike is life. He'd like that shit" I said and Johan agreed.

"Don't tell the gyal about it though, she'll get all mad again" he said quickly looking up at me as a shiver went down my spine.

He was right, his sister was psychotic and she scared me sometimes. I'd never admit it though, cause I ain't no bitch and there was no hoe in my blood.

Moriah Scott

Darius walked beside me seeming fearful as we went through a dark hallway with a light that was flickering on and off. I nudged him over some with my arm when I noticed he was in my personal space but that didn't stop him from completing halting and standing back some.

"Stop being such a bitch Darius, you always do this shit" Zaire complained as he looked him over in annoyance. Two guards grabbed Darius and dragged him along so he wouldn't linger behind and when we got to a certain door the man guarding it shared a look with the people escorting us in and he stepped to the side and pushed the door open.

The spacious room was empty but from there we could hear the cries and pleas from a man and it sounded like he was snot nose crying. There was a few cartel members walking around the room seeming intrigued by the noise but when they saw us the pointed to another door.

I pushed open the final door and we entered as Ajani held a machete to a crying mans throat who spilled all of his secrets. There was another man hanging upside down and when Ajani looked over her shoulder at us her angry demeanor diminished.

She walked over and hugged Darius who appeared nervous because she was still holding the machete in her hand. When she let go of him she noticed the man started to scream out loud and she turned around and slit his throat in one swift swing. His body limped over and she dropped the machete onto the white plastic that covered the area.

"What are you guys doing here?" She questioned before hugging Zaire tightly and he smiled and asked her how she'd been.

"We want to talk business, if you have time" I said hugging her and she agreed and motioned for us to follow her so that the room could be cleaned up.

We walked to Ajani's office and I looked around before sitting down across from her desk. She unlocked her phone responding back to a text message and I gave Darius a look when I noticed he was taking a handful of M&Ms.

"I think the police is our biggest worry, I have an idea that someone is working for them and playing both sides. Kaine called me earlier and told me the woman his fadda married to is a detective and it has me wondering if maybe the mob is affiliated with them too" she explained and I rubbed my chin.

"That's believable, there's always police weaseling there way in and it's always hard to find them. Some get so caught up pretending that it becomes real for them and they forget they're cops" I said looking at the small hand tattoo I had.

"With everything going on in the world right now it makes it harder to just go around and shoot cops. This couldn't be happening at a worse time, we just have to let it play out and look out for each other. I have no doubt they'll try and kill one of us soon" Zaire said and I agreed.

"Maybe you should tell her about what you decided Mo and see how she feels about it" Darius said nudging me and I gave him a look of annoyance before turning to look Ajani in her eyes.

"I wanna see what New York has to offer me, so I'll be moving out her temporarily" I said and she seemed surprised before she smiled.

"You heard about the bwoy being beat up and arrested and you want to look after him secretly. Don't you?" She questioned referring to Kaine and I frowned.

"No, my therapist said a change of scenery will be good for me and my parents are moving here so coming down here for a few months to help them get settled in is why I'm doing it" I defended.

"And Nandy? Are you taking her with you?" Darius questioned seeming eager causing Zaire to laugh out loud. I remained silent ignoring the obvious question.

"If Nandy came to New York with you, all of you should come over for dinner" Ajani offered and I chuckled to myself while Zaire and Darius made hand gestures to her on the low saying it was a bad idea like I couldn't see them.

"The gyal can't be that bad, she seems nice" Ajani defended and they counties to giggle like females.

"You can stop laughing. Nandy didn't come she chose to stay behind and pack, I think she's excited" I said in a dry tone.

"Nah foreal we should stop laughing, I heard what he did to Calvin in the car when he wouldn't stop laughing" Zaire said while laughing harder.

"Yet you're still laughing? That's odd" I responded before smacking the M&Ms from Darius' hand before he could grab another hand full.

"You still have any connects with the police department? Our connections aren't as strong as they use to be" Zaire said changing the subject.

"We had a connect but I killed him, he was trying to get more money out of me and wanted to have sex. There's still cops around I assume" Ajani said.

There was a loud banging noise and Ajani quickly got up and opened her office door. I turned in my seat and looked at two of the guards fighting.

"Kyle and Brandon knock is off!" She shouted and they stopped and looked up at her like they were being scolded by their mother

They quickly got up and tried to laugh it off as she sighed and assigned them to different areas before coming back into the room just as her phone started to ring.

"Hello?" She questioned as Zaire snatched the glass of M&Ms from Darius who was still trying to ease more out.

"Stop it. You're a grown ass man and you still get carried away over candy, you know what sugar does to you and I'm not trying to hear Ray Ray's mouth!" Zaire snapped.

"You're right, I'm a grown ass man" he said eating another M&M and I rolled my eyes and looked up at my niece who was telling someone that she was ready to go.

"You sure don't act like a grown ass man" I mumbled and he got mad and stood up folding his arms.

"We'll still take you up on that dinner offer. I hear you're a vegan just make sure that we're not eating no weird shit" Zaire said and she grew offended.

"It's not weird it's healthy" Ajani retorted and he gave her a 'yeah right' look. I ignored their argument as my eyes landed on the small tattoo on her shoulder blade.

"Mo are you coming? Kaine will freak out when he realizes you're here. He had a rough day today" Ajani said but I declined and stood up.

"I have to help your grandparents move and you know if I cancel your grandmother will cry" I said with a yawn.

She seemed understanding as we left out and waited for her to lock her office up. The cartel stood around and watched us leave like they felt threatened.

It was almost like having a bunch of duplicates of Jesse walking around.

Authors Note -

Comment & Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Men Who Sin By Lex

General Fiction

5.4M 165K 40
Book Three Don't Read if you haven't read the first two books or you won't understand. "I'm a sinner baby, so are you and that's why I love you" With...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...
243 10 10
Egypt is a twenty-one year old college student straight from out of Houston, TX. Being that her mother was murdered at the age of five that left her...
8.1K 301 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...