dan and phil // one shots

By -fangirlwrites

Dan! And Phil! Phan Stuff! Basically somewhat creative one-shots. My series of phan fictions. Probably inspi... More

author's note // the beginning
if dan was a lawyer-part 1 // oneshot 1
boys boys girls // oneshot 2
without the and // oneshot 3
mine // oneshot 4
home is where cereal resides // oneshot 5
why i hate you // oneshot 7
pokemon is not a go // oneshot 7 [unfinished]
meeting fans // oneshot 8
you run into dan howell // oneshot 9
[requests]
hogwarts // part one? // oneshot 10
a change // please read // requests
dancing in the rain // oneshot 10
heathens // oneshot 16
life update if anyone cares
oneshot 17 // teenagers // unfinished

i miss you // oneshot 6

122 5 1
By -fangirlwrites

[word count 1374]
[prompt; Dan and Phil dated for a while but it got all awkward and it ended, but after a while one starts to miss the other, but one of them starts to fall for someone completely different-random idea by moi]

Dan was living alone. Phil ended up moving out of their flat after things just went wrong. Dan did something very, very wrong. Phil did something very, very unfair. It just ended up ending.

Several Months After The Breakup

Dan Howell was sitting, tapping his coffee cup outside a small, unknown cafe in the depths of London, England.
He was in deep thought, wondering if he should be crying after it all. But he wasn't, he was done with the tears. He was done with begging, crying- saying sorry- to Phil Lester, trying his best to revive the love Phil once felt.

But there was nothing.

Just nothing left for Dan.

Phil just left, packed up and left Dan with an empty room and empty cereal boxes.

Tap, tap, tap, Dan's unmaintained nails clipped the coffee lid, almost prying it off and spilling coffee over the petty glass table, under a ripped worn out umbrella.

Did he ever so try. To say sorry. To make it up to Phil. But Phil was angry. So very very angry. The fiery feelings radiated everywhere, burning Dan up.

Tap, tap, tap,

Dan started to pry the lid of the cup, trying to rest his mind, his anxious heart, his sad sad life.

He jerked away from the glass table, ending up tipping the cup over and spilling the coffee everywhere.
He also ended up lifting the short table with his knees and knocking over the table itself, embarrassingly cracking the edge, when it hit the hard concrete platform.

Thankfully, there weren't any other customers beside him. No one to video tape his cringe-ness, none to laugh and point, no one to give him pitying looks of disgust.

A waiter can rushing out, from behind the counter that was filled with pastries and other desserts, to see what the commotion was.

He faced a guy with a black fringe, who looked like was ready to give up and cry.

"You okay?" The mysterious waiter didn't even add in a bit of anger, just concern.

"Yeah, okay, okay," Dan's eyes started brimming, "okay, maybe less then okay, okay? okay!"

"Mate, calm down, it's okay,"

"No it's never going to be okay. I'm damned for the sins I commit and Phil will never be with me again,"

"Was Phil your lover?"

"Was"

The waiter took Dan into his arms and let him cry on his shoulder.
Dan pulled back and smiled sadly.

"You didn't have to do that-"

"Nah man, normally I hate physical touch but you need a hug,"

"I'm sorry for the mess I created,"
Dan started playing with the drenched cup lid in his hands, biting his lip and trying to to cringe and cry.

"Everyone makes a mess every once in a while, it's okay,"

"Yeah but not this big of a mess,"
Dan whispered solemnly, wanting to go back in time, where was the doctor when we need him?

"Is this about Phil?"

"Might be, I just don't kn- know an- anymore,"
He started crying again, then the waiter wiped his eyes daintily with a rough napkin he rapidly pulled out from the dispenser.

"Hey, don't cry,"
He put an hand on Dan's shoulder and stared into the brown eyes, "don't cry,"

"I'm a mess,"

"No no no, any mess can be cleaned up,"

"Not this one,"

"Then let me have a try,"

"What's your name?"

"Bennett,"

"Hello Bennett," Dan said uncertainly, wondering what would happen next.

"Hello- what's your name?"

"Danisnotonfire,"

"Well then, hello danisnoto-"

"I'm kidding," Dan laughed a little but, slightly feeling better, "my names Dan,"

"Hello Dan," Bennett smiled at him, little flustered by the turn out events, I know how to handle breakups, especially since all past 2 boyfriends left me, trust me I mess up too,"

Then he got quiet,

Then Dan broke the silence,

"I don't want to mess you up too,"

"No Dan, it would be an honor to have my heart broken by you,"

Time Travel To One Year Later

Dan and Bennett have been together ever since they ran into each other in the small cafe. Dan would help Bennett around the cafe and he would share the cafe on YouTube, Twitter, etc.

They both finished cleaning the last few tables of the day, and then went on the walk by the river.

They were hand in hand, bathed in the dying rays of the sun.

Bennett received a call and was forced to leave Dan alone for a while.

Dan was sitting there alone, on a cold stone bench, awaiting Bennett.

Then he saw him.

Not Bennett.

But Phil.

He was standing a few feet away, back to the sun, looking at Dan curiously.

"Dan?"

Dan looked up and saw the silhouette of the man he once loved.

"Phil?"

"Oh my god," Phil came rushing.
But was stopped by Dan's hand, held up in defense.

"Please Phil, don't,"

"Dan please, I was angry,"

"For a stupid reason,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Listen up," Dan glared at his former lover, "you leave me, because I *ahem* cheated on you. I did not. Whether or not it seemed like I did, I did not. He was just a friend. We were not even close. At all. Not. Even. Friends. Then it got awkward. So I became closer to him. It's you, who should have said something when you first found out. But you kept it a secret. Not. My. Fault. So when you flip out in the end," Dan does a floppy motion with his slender hands, "it was too late. Okay? Okay. Move on. Besides, it's clear you moved on. Literally. Moved on. Moved away. I was the one who forgave and tried to fix everything. You just ignored me and left me."

Phil took a step back, in the last lights.

"I was sorry, for myself. I felt bad for lying to you,"

"What,"

"Listen I, I was the one cheating,"

"What,"

"I was angry at myself for letting this happen and I wanted to blame it on someone and you just happened to get in my angers way. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. By the way I wasn't even technically cheating. We were just friends. Really close friends."

Dan himself felt angry, and readied himself to control. But then Phil went on.

"I felt angry that I felt that the guy was you. I felt guilty for wanting to let him add onto Dan and Phil. I felt so close to him it made me feel like I was losing you,"

Dan's heart softened, and the anger simmered away.

"I miss you,"

Dan looked at Phil again.
He seemed,
hopeful, almost.

"I miss- missed you,"

Phil backed up, surprised.

Then he looked behind Dan.

There was Bennett, staring at him.

"Phil? Phil! What are you doing here! Leave my Dan Alone!"

Dan blushed furiously at the way he would say my Dan.

"Oh my god." Phil looked at Bennett in awe and shock, "it's you"

"who-" Dan asked but was interrupted by Bennett sounding voice.

"Dan let's leave this bastard. We will come back once this piece of scum cleans himself from this world,"

"Dan-" Phil started, desperate now.

"Dan let's go," Bennett was also desperate to leave.

"Wait," Dan motioned to Bennett to stop.

"Dan, this is the friend whom I thought could be one of Dan and Phil,"

Dan turned around, broken hearted to see that Bennett wasn't there anymore.

But he did turn back around to see that Phil was still there.

"I miss you, Dan Howell,"

please remember
vote | comment | share

//the note at the end; ha this makes zero sense but I really felt like writing some things so here.
I'm also starting a full fledged original story! It's currently called "The Ashes Heir," or "Beyond the palace of ashes," but it won't be published immediately because I'm still thinking about the title and cover, though expect it soon!
Thanks for reading!
\\selina~thefangirl_writes
\\tardistale~instagram

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 16 5
These are a bunch of Phil Lester One shots all in one book! Some will include a given name or will just have (y/n) which means your name. I hope you...
163K 5.8K 19
I'll try to write a Dan x reader fanfiction. it was inspired by: @BoringStar's story - Waking up married to Dan (Danisnotonfire x reader) (AmazingPhi...
6K 111 37
Here are a few one shots I thought of if you have any prompts do tell!! And also if you can't tell I a) phan is my OTP and b) I love watching their v...
6.3K 492 37
[COMPLETED] Phan Au. Dan and Phil are in the same year at school and finally meet through a similarity, but how will their separate and different liv...