S t o r m Cloud

By Sagittariusbixtch

DISCLAIMER!! _____________ This story is undergoing some editing and revamping. A few plots have been change... More

{ D I S C L A I M E R }
{ P R O L O G U E }
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y O n e
T w e n t y T w o
T w e n t y T h r e e
T w e n t y F o u r
T w e n t y F i v e
T w e n t y S i x
T w e n t y S e v e n
T w e n t y E i g h t
T w e n t y N i n e
T h i r t y
T h i r t y O n e
T h i r t y T w o
T h i r t y T h r e e
T h i r t y F o u r
T h i r t y F i v e
T h i r t y s i x
T h i r t y s e v e n
T h i r t y e i g h t
T h i r t y n i n e
F o r t y
F o r t y O n e
F o r t y T w o
F o r t y T h r e e
F o r t y F o u r
F o r t y F i v e
F o u r t y S i x
F o r t y s e v e n
F o r t y E i g h t
F o r t y N i n e
F i f t y
F i f t y O n e
F i f t y T w o
F i f t y T h r e e
F i f t y F o u r
F i f t y F i v e

T h i r t e e n

5.6K 164 11
By Sagittariusbixtch

  T H I R T E E N

:

I Sat anxiously in Harley apartment. My eyes trained on the door, awaiting for it to click open and for Harley to bound in with her crazy blonde hair.

They say be careful what you wish for and I should of listened to that warning.

It was only but a few moments last that I heard the sound of Harley's feels, the sound of shuffling feet. Rising to my feet I stare at her.

But not only was it her but him.

That wicked smile smeared across his white washed face. My fists clenching as my eyes burned into his.

" What is he doing here."
The words rolling off my tongue harshly. My eyes never leaving his as Harley rushed over to me, her arms engulfing me into a warm embrace.

" You're safe, thank goodness." Harley sighed, relief washing Over her as she stroked her hand down my hair, ruffling my tattered locks, her hands falling to cup my face.

" Did you get hurt? Did anything happen?"

Harley questions began to irritate me as he just stared emotionlessly, bored by the exchange between us both.

" Harley. I'm fine." I said sternly pulling my face out of her warm hands. A hurt expression crossing her face as I pulled away, my cold actions hurting her fragile heart.
" I'll ask again. What is he doing here."

" He came to check on you Scarlett. He came to make sure you're safe. That not harm came to you." A sparkle in her eyes.

Unbelievable. She's believing more of his lies. He's a monster he doesn't care for no one but himself. Has she forgotten all the times he left her behind, left her in prison , sold her out and hurt her?

" Oh I'm sure he did. Or to see if I've been disposed of." I sneered flashing my narrowed eyes in his direction, my arms folding across my chest.

" As much as I'd love that to be true pumpkin it is not." He cooed sweetly stepping forward playing a sickening trick. A role he's mastered that Harley cannot see through. You'd think with her college degree she'd see through the lie right in front of her.

" Don't call me that" i spat staring into his electric blue eyes. A amused glimmer hidden behind them.

" Scarlett calm down please." Harley said softly reaching for my forearm. In which I shrugged off.

" I can't believe you're falling for this—again." I scoffed rolling my eyes. " Look at him." I grasped her shoulders turning her to face him. " Look at him, and I mean really look at him."

Harley's eyes bounced slowly between myself and him. A puzzled expression on her face.
" Scarlett—."
"No— listen to yourself before you say what I know you are going to say." I growled positioning myself in front of her, frustration bubbling in my stomach slowly rising agonisingly slow. " Snap out of it." My eyes pleading with her as her baby blue eyes stared into mine. A small part of me hoping she sees what I'm seeing.

But I could see it in her eyes. She didn't see what everyone else saw. And that angered me.

She speaks of us being a family, that she wants to fill in the years she's missed and be my mother. Yet she can't see what's right in front of her. She can't let go of her old life.

" Blah Blah Blah Blahh"

A cold pair of hands weighed down my shoulders, grasping them firmly, tightly digging into my shoulder blades.
" All this chit chat going to get you on someone's bad side kiddo." His lips brushing against my ear, his warm breathe making the hairs in the back of my neck stand on edge, my skin crawl, goose bumps rising on my arms.
" Wouldn't want to get on my bad side now, would we?" He chuckled Manoeuvring himself so that he stood beside Harley, his arm snaking it's way laying around her waist.

" Pity." I said dryly staring at the two. " A pity I'm not staying." I scoffed reaching down for the bag I had packed once I arrived earlier. Pulling the backpack over one of my shoulders.

Harley pained expression said it all. The heartbroken look in her eyes, the confused tugging of her eyebrows knitting together, maybe if Joker had some he'd of done the same. However his expression looked victorious, smug with his smirk plastered across his chalk coloured face.
" What? You didn't think I was really going to stay did you?" I stared into the eyes of Harley stepping forward. "After everything that's happened you want to play happy families." I scoffed.

" We are a family. You're  my daughter Scarlett.You belong with me—." Harley pleaded her voice cracking as she reached out her hand stepping forward.

" We could Never be a family. You can't even given up the life that got you in this mess. I almost got hurt tonight. I almost killed a guy—but that's just normal to you. I'm not a killer." I said bitterly shrugging Harley's hands away from me, her reaching out to me would only make me want to stay.

I'm not safe with her. I never would be. She's never sacrifice him for me. I was a mistake, a ugly mistake that messed up both their lives. Harley just didn't want to admit it.

" NO."

Harley face hardened as she dropped her precious Puddin's arm. Her hands clenching into fists and I balling themselves. Her eyes narrowing into a darker shade of blue. Her nose slightly scrunching as her lip pulled into into a tight firm line, her jawline appearing a lot sharper than it was earlier.

" You aren't leaving. You're my daughter and you belong with me—with us." She shouted grasping a hold of my wrist.

Panic flooding my body as I stared into her empty eyes. I'd never seen them that dull. Frantically my eyes shot to joker.

His expression had shifted to a malicious grin. He knew Harley would snap. He wanted this.

" Harley let go—you're hurting me." I pleaded, my hand grasping hers as I tried to pry off her fingers. " No, you can't leave me." She screeched, roughly pulling my other hand off.

" Puddin. Tell her she can't leave." She seethed

" You heard her Kiddo. You can't leave. Even if you did we'd find you. You'd never escape from us. We'd bring you back."

A dark sense of humour rose within the Joker. His sinister dry laugh erupted in my ears as he laughed his taunting call of victory.

" Harley—Mom, stop you're hurting me." I begged as I snapped her head to face me. Her dark blue eyes staring into my fearful hazel brown. "Please" I begged " Let go" I watched as her eyes brightened, melting into their usual baby blue, as her face softened, grip loosening.

" Scarlett I didn't me to—I'm so sorry" Harley sobbed as she realised what she had done.

The deep cuts of her nails had scarred my wrist, blood seeping from the small cracks of space.

" Look what you've done Harl—." Joker whispered to her, not a note of sympathy in his words. " You've hurt her."

" I didn't mean it—it was a mistake, Scarlett I-."

Before Harley could finish I was shuffling towards the door. Now was my chance to leave them behind. Escape.

My finger tips brushing the cold metal of the handle of the door. " Where do you think you're going kiddo?" Jokers voice called sending a shiver to run up my spine.

Now wasn't the time to chicken out. Sometimes you have to face your problems head on.

" I'm giving you what you want. A solution. The answer to your problem. I'm leaving, I'm never coming back. Things can go back to the way they was for you and her." 

For the first time that I glanced into his eyes I saw something else. Not emptiness, anger or amusement. But something else. I can't put my finger on it but it almost looked like sadness.

" Now you can either let me go willingly or I'll find another way."

" What makes you think I'll let you leave so easily." He purred anomalistically. " This" I scoffed as I pulled the knife that is hidden in my back pocket, plunging it deep into his shoulder.

A loud groan escaped his lips as he clutched the handle of the knife, bitting back a scream as he tugged at the blade to dislodge it from his muscle and bone.

" Well played kiddo" he muttered as he tossed the knife to the floor, stumbling into the wall beside him, his head tilting to the side, all he saw was an open door and a frantic Harley rushing towards him with worry in his eyes.

I didn't hesitate to jump on the back of Harley old motor cycle. The screeching of the tires against the ground echoed in the night.

The cold wind whipping at my face as I rode off into the night, the countless streets passing me by in a blur.

My only plan to get on the open road. Possibly to a Motel or a pit stop diner. I needed to leave this town. I needed to be as far away from them as possible.

Without thinking I rode the streets out on to the outskirts of Gotham. Heading towards the diner that Harley took me to.

I pulled up into the parking lot of Diner, quickly heading inside. No doubt all of Gotham city's thugs and mobsters out looking for me.

I sat myself in the booth furthest from the door off in the shadows of a corner. The soft old 80s music of the dinner playing in my eyes as I picked up a menu.

My eyes scanning my surroundings looking for anyone I recognised. The diner only held a small family and what appeared to be a old middle aged man with a scruffy looking beard.

Groaning I pulled both my hands down my face massaging my temples. My back pack chucked beside me with my phone on the table.

As I rubbed my temples thinking of my options of escape. On how I can be free of my problems my phone screen lit up.

A small smile tugging at my lips.

Jake.

JH: Scarlett?? Hey?!? Hello???

Hey    :SQ

JH: And she's alive. Girl where have you been? there was a report that your house has been raided. Are you okay?? Do you need somewhere to stay?? How's Hayley taking it?

My heart sank as i read his text. How was i going to tell him. Tell him that i was planning to leave town. That my aunt was dead. How would he handle the truth.

Jake . I'm about to ask a big favour from you. please just have an open mind. :SQ

JH: Are you okay? has something happened? Where are you??

I'm at a Diner on the outskirts of town.  I need your help. could you come pick me up please? : SQ

JH : On my way
JH: I'll be 30 minutes

It felt like hours until Jake arrived. Every minute seemed to flicker by slower than the last. But it left me with a lot of time to reflect on everything.

mainly how was i going to explain everything to Jake. How am i going to explain the truth without him looking at me like a psychopath.

Would he think i killed my aunt?
Would he think of me like them?
Would he accept it? would i?

"Hey"
my hazel brown eyes snapped up to the face that always makes me smile.
" Hey—." i muttered standing to my feet " Thanks for coming to get me—."
" It's okay—i know." he said softly pulling me into a warm embrace, his head resting upon the top of mine, his lips pressed against my forehead. " I know about the raid, about your aunt."

" Y-You know? How do you know?!" Panic flooding throughout my body. Every hair in my body standing on edge.

" Let's get you back to my place. i'll explain everything later on. You can't go back your place, it's all tapped up with security tape and police and News reporters."

I didn't hesitate in grabbing my bag and jumping into his car. The duo driving off back into Gotham city.

Not before Scarlett smashed her phone in her bag, disposing if it into a dumpster so that they couldn't track her, leaving behind the bike.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 7.8K 19
Dick Grayson, older brother to three insufferable younger brothers (who he loves very much) and Gotham City's most eligible bachelor (or was it secon...
7.5K 140 24
14 year old Jade Knight is the Jester, adopted daughter of The Joker and Harley Quinn. She's been with them since she was a young child but spent a f...
219 20 19
This girl had had a rather crazy life, and she would laugh if you called her crazy. Shes had a life of hell in Gotham. She wanted to help those who n...
183K 5.5K 34
What happens when one of the last freakshows comes to your town? Not only is it a grotesque event viewed for pleasure at a circus but one that harbo...