[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 30

3.6K 53 29
By Panda-Gom

You were still outside a half hour later, mindlessly staring at the city. It occurred to you at some point that this was in a different portion of Midgar you were in than last time-it was cleaner here, more business oriented, and even flourishing under the elements of a downtown environment. But, even that thought lasted only a moment, as your mind wandered back off to what Noctis had said; it shouldn't have gotten to you, but it did in a way you couldn't ignore, especially because he did-and you hate to admit-had proof of his opinion. Your gaze shifted to the dark skies, and you reached out a palm, feeling the raindrops fall upon it like little needles.

"...Am I...a liability?"

Someone sighed behind you, the sliding door you hadn't even heard opening, shutting with a soft thud. "No, you're not."

 "...Why aren't you sleeping?" you asked absentmindedly, closing your hand and retracting it, turning around.

Zero was leaned against the sliding door casually in a long sleeved black shirt and matching pajama bottoms, hands behind his back; he spoke softly, gazing at you carefully. "I could ask you the same. You shouldn't have paid any attention to our conversation-it's as pointless as girl gossip... Besides, I came to check on you."

You nodded slowly, turning around, leaning forward with your hands gripping the metal railing," How did you know I was awake?"

"From the little part of your bunk curtain that was open, I could see you," he answered, mimicking your actions. "...I saw you try to ignore the conversation...then break down slowly. In between, I tried to stop it but...well, you heard me fail."

"Why DID you bother though?" you cocked your head to the side, gazing at Zero from the corner of your eye. "I thought you hated my guts."

He smiled faintly," I learned that I misjudged you. You were hesitant and lied about a few things in order to protect your identity as a princess-that's understandable... I have to admit though, you're still a bit suspicious to me, but I noticed a few things about you in Edo, and I think I'm the one who made the bad impression."

"You sure did," you laughed lightly. "But, since you learned something from it, I accept your half-assed apology."

He frowned," Just when my impression of you turns, you ruin it."

Your eyes widened," You can't be serious!"

Zero chuckled lightly this time, shaking his head," I'm just kidding, Amaya-I'm trying to lighten you up here."

"Ah..." you smiled in embarrassment, nodding, then looked up at the sky. "Well...thank you."

It was silent for a while, until Zero spoke again," How...did you know it was me on the airship and not Fai?"

"You have dimples," you shrugged. "Even though you don't smile at me," you turned to him, finger hovering over his face," I can kind of see the little depth it has on your laugh lines. I noticed them when I first saw you." Zero nodded slowly then stared at you for a moment, making you look away," What?"

"Nothing," he smiled-wider this time-shaking his head. "I'll...leave you alone now. Don't think too much on what the guys said. Keep in mind that we're a team regardless of what we think of one another."

"Wait," you called out, the pale haired teen looking over his shoulder. "Um...does this mean we're friends?"

"Do you want to be?"

"Well...yeah-if it's not too much trouble."

He smirked to himself, heading inside," I guess we're friends then."

You decided to follow Zero inside, and went to sleep as he did, making sure not to disturb the other boys as you climbed back into bed. You were woken up hours later, around eight in the morning, to get ready for the day though, and as one of the first to do so, you gave in to the luxury of taking your time. You then exited the bathroom in a pair of dark green skinny jeans, and a dark blue shirt, drying your hair with a towel.

Passing Jecht as you went into the room and he into the living room, he informed you that you would be going home right after the game, and with that, you repacked the little amount of clothes you had removed from your duffel bag. Slinging it across your torso, you then entered the kitchen for breakfast, finding that Cloud had gotten donuts, a few croissants, and made a fresh round of coffee on the coffee maker.

You grabbed a mug and poured yourself a full cup of coffee-flavoring it to your liking-then grabbed a donut and sat upon the empty table in the kitchen. Cloud seated himself on the other side of the table, joining you, but in a chair, and watched in amusement as you burned your tongue a few times, unable to wait for the coffee to cool. Frowning, you set the mug down beside his, turning your body to face him.

"I don't see what's so funny-if I burn myself the team will lose."

"I don't see where you'd ever use your tongue when playing blitzball," the blonde shrugged, smirking victoriously as you pouted, not having a comeback.

"Actually if you burn yourself, you'll be doing us all a favor," Noctis said, entering the room. "The team would do fine without you-we'll just get whoever Jecht had in mind next."

"Amaya do you want a little more cream in your coffee?" Cloud asked, ignoring the ravenette.

"No I'm fine," you smiled, swinging your legs as you took another bite of your donut.

"Pass me the cream," Noctis held his hand out to you, sitting on the lounging couch a foot away.

"So Cloud, you think we'll have time to go sightseeing even a little bit in this part of Midgar?" you inquired, taking a bit of your donut. "You know, after the game maybe?"

"Probably not," he shook his head. "We're a little pressed for time since Jecht doesn't really like it here-he says the place is too depressing."

"Amaya, cream-now."

"I can understand that a bit," you nodded, taking a sip of your coffee as Cloud wiped his hands which were sticky from his finished jelly donut. "I've been to Midgar only once, and the part I did go to wasn't exactly...welcoming. It seemed...sad."

"Why did you come here?" the blonde curiously looked up. "You're a princess-I don't see you having much business on this world."

"I wanted to see the cure for Geostigma myself-to the core."

"Amaya, pass me the cream!" Noctis demanded, annoyed.

You sighed irritably, finishing the last of your donut and standing with your mug in hand. Taking a sip of your coffee, you grabbed the creamer bottle and flung it across the room, near the main door. Cloud silently walked off from the two of you, to where Jecht and Leon were yelling down the hall, just as the ravenette teen narrowed his eyes at you, about to say something when you beat him to it.

You smirked," Go get it-I'm not your damn maid."

About to make your way to the couch, Noctis grabbed you by the wrist and whirled you around, causing you to drop your mug on the tile floor-the last of the coffee leaving a noticeable splatter. "Who do you think you are to boss me around-the Caelum Dynasty's youngest prince? I can have you-"

"I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you-I can put you to shame like that," you smiled sweetly, snapping your fingers. "You don't want to be a liability to the team now, do you?"

His grip on your lightened, and you took the chance to shove him away from you. As you turned to get a napkin to clean up the mess, the ravenette stomped his bare foot upon the coffee-not only getting the hem of his jeans a bit wet, but also having the liquid splash against the floor, and hit you in the face. In response, your eye twitched, and you automatic'
ally reached for his ankle, grabbing it, and pulling him down. He fell with a large thud, and you threw off your duffel bag, getting on top of the teen to begin raining punch after punch upon him.

Noctis growled and blocked himself, yelling for you to get off, but when you didn't listen to even his threats, from behind his covered face, his eyes shot open, glowing a brilliant deep blue. A second passed until you heard a cabinet door behind you swing open, revealing a wooden cutlery holder that shook violently before the knives mixed within its contents flew up in the air, heading straight for you. They were at mid distance when you summoned your katana and used Noctis' chest as leverage when pushing yourself up with one hand, while, the other swung the weapon behind you as your body turned to face them.

Small clinks of metal upon metal filled the air, and when landing on the ground, you deflected a few more knives until your vision suddenly went dark. Taken aback, your katana clattered to the floor-along with the knives which were in midair-and Noctis' angry yell breaking through the room confirmed that the same blindness had occurred to him.

"Give me my sight back!"

"Not until the two of you learn to stand each other!" Jecht barked back. "I turn for five minutes and THIS is what I come back to!?"

"I'm at fault here too," Cloud sighed," I shouldn't have left them alone."

"GIVE ME MY SIGHT BACK!"

"SHUT UP!" Kadaj hissed. "I'm sick of your constant blabbing!"

Jecht muttered incoherently under his breath, then spoke louder. "Who started it?" As the group said Noctis in unison, he continued. "Caelum, apologize to her."

"How would they know?" the ravenette scoffed, blind eyes on the ground. "They weren't even here."

"You did start it though," you murmured, wiping your coffee stained hand on your jeans. "Last night you called me a liability, this morning you order me around, and all throughout practice you've been rude and-and I've put up with it... But I'm sick of it now!" you yelled blindly glaring in the direction his voice had come in. "You keep threatening me with you being a prince and all, but did your mind ever cross the fact that I'M a princess!?"

"Ah... Th-That's right you are...."

You scoffed, holding your hand out," Ryuu, could you help me up?"

Complying, the ravenette did so, and as you were pulled up, so was Noctis by Prompto. Your vision slowly returned, making you cringe from the lighting in the process and Jecht cleared his throat-everyone turning to him. "This ends now. You will all get along; nobody talks on the way there AT ALL."

Cloud frowned," That's a little-"

"AT. ALL."

Everyone was silent as Jecht checked out of the room, which, still had three days on it. Then, going across the street where the entrance to a subway station you hadn't noticed stood, you bought tickets for a ride to go further downtown; this being cheaper than taking a cab there. The station itself was structured identically to the one in Twilight Town, leaving you a little content at knowing where everything was.

As you waited behind the yellow line for the designated subway to come, you rocked back and forth on your heels, arm linked with Cloud, who, had been keeping you distanced from Noctis since you had left the hotel. He was always between the two of you, and as you boarded, he even shoved the ravenette out of the way to keep his spot behind you, sitting himself with you at a two person bench. Noctis sat at the one behind you with Vaan-who was listening to music-and tapped the blonde's shoulder angrily.

"Could you tell me why you had to shove me into that old woman!?" he hissed in a low whisper. "I nearly died when she noticed who I was!"

"Didn't stop you from harassing Amaya," the blonde innocently shrugged. "Besides, I've taken up position as her older brother."

Both you and Noctis cocked your heads to the side," Since when?"

"Since this morning," Cloud glanced over at you with a small smile. "You're okay with that right?"

You grinned, nodding," Of course!"

The subway ride was about ten minutes, and when you emerged from the underground area at a new station, you were greeted with a completely new surrounding. Here, the tall skyscrapers seemed smaller, and you noticed that instead, they were a collection of shops that encircled a large building in the middle; it was rectangular in size, and simulated a projection of moving water, with only one entrance around a single corner. There were no roads here-only cobblestone walkways as the pathway in the illuminated shopping district. As you looked behind you, you noticed a guardrail, and going towards it, you found that this area of Midgar was elevated, overlooking the chunk of the city you once were in. Unable to get a chance to look around, you were dragged towards the middle building by Cloud, who informed the group that this was the blitzball stadium, which, was evident as you noticed a few teams enter.

Inside, the lobby was just as aquamarine blue as the outside. It was double storied, with metal staircase on either side, and had a skyline for a roof, which, also showed the metallic support upon it. This area was narrow, and light with white lights, complimenting the blue, as well as the dark red tables, and even black lounge furniture. At the wall farthest from the entrance was a white reception desk where two women were seated at an equal distance.

Weaving through the crowd of people, Jecht checked in with one of the women, and they gave him a keycard in return. Then, after he was given directions to the locker room for the team, you were all escorted there by an aquamarine colored moogle with a dark, sea blue sphere upon its head, as well as nose. You were led to the second floor, and to a room at the end of the corridor along the main hallway, making it easy to find. The hallways themselves were the same tone of blue as the entire building, and the doors were black, automatically sliding open when a code to the keypad by its side was pressed. At the entrance to the designated room, the moogle then left, wishing you luck, and Jecht slid the keycard he had, rather than entering the code, letting the door whoosh open.

Inside, the walls were a dull dark gray with a cemented floor, and in the middle of the room, there was a wooden bench. There was a plasma television set up on the wall to your left-which was currently showing a live feed of the Luca Goers and Killika Beasts game-and to the right, dark blue lockers were arranged in two rows, and six columns. Against the wall farthest from the entrance was a threshold leading to the bathroom, and from here, you could see that there was a break in paths-a beige wall leading to the girls' side, and a green wall leading to the boys' side.

"Alright, after this game, we're going up against Midgar. Go change," Jecht instructed, exiting the room as he pulled out his phone. "Leon, Cloud, watch them," he called over his shoulder.

"Well, go on-you heard him," Leon sighed, plopping down on the bench. "The game just started so you have about fifteen minutes."

You went within the girls' side of the bathroom and as the pathway wound around, you found yourself within an area slightly smaller than that of the locker room. The flooring was of multiple, small, beige tile, and the walls that were matching them in color differentiated greatly against the light pink stalls to your right, and sink counter to your left, which, had a mirror hanging over it. Finally across from you, a full length mirror revealed your reflection-tired, nervous-and after staring back at it for a moment, you entered the stall closest to you to change.

Coming out of the bathroom, you found that Jecht had returned, Leon and Cloud were now gone to grab tickets for the flight home, and the blitzball game on the live feed was in the second half, giving you five minutes until your game. Your uniform consisted of a white swimsuit top and crimson, slightly baggy swim trunks as the bottoms that lowered to the bottom of your knees-the name of the school mascot written in bold dark gray upon the left, lower pocket. Your hands were protected by black fingerless gloves, and your shoes were the white high tops you used for P.E.

You shoved your things into an empty locker and took a seat beside Jecht, who, hung up his phone and sighed. He glanced at you in the corner of his eye, then sighed again, standing up. You kicked at the ground and watched as the Goers scored the winning goal, a ball of nervousness slowly forming in the pit of your stomach.

"Hey kid," Jecht called. You looked around, and finding you were still alone, fully turned to him in acknowledgement. "Are you really a princess?"

You nodded slowly," I am, why?"

"I'm just wondering," he crossed his arms, equally gazing at you. "Why do you say you're from Earth then?"

"It's an alias; I'm not supposed to go around stating I'm a princess-it's incredibly irresponsible."

"Now that's what I said to him about it..."

"What do you mean?" you tensed a bit, his words catching your attention.

Looking uncomfortable, the ravenette man exhaled sharply, hand holding the back of his neck," Well...someone mentioned to me you're lying about who you are... Of course I don't believe it but he said that your real name was [Name], and-"

"Who!?" you stood. "W-Who said that!?"

He raised an eyebrow," Now you're concerned?"

"Well...I-I don't want anyone to...to spread rumors about me," you said slowly. "I'm...already having a hard time as it is."

"Right," Jecht eyed you. "Well, it seems that-"

"TOBU!"

SLAM.

A quick golden glow had come from the shadow of the boys' bathroom, and a second after it, a body hit the wall of the entrance, sliding down. Before either you or Jecht could get to it, Ryuushin revealed himself as the perpetrator, and grabbed the boy by the neck, lifting him to his feet and slamming him once more against the wall. His hair swept back, and after noticing it was blonde, Roxas' face was revealed, huffing as his countenance anticipated what would happen next. They both sported the same outfit as you, only with bare torsos.

Ryuushin smiled bitterly," I'll...request again, Roxas. Apologize."

"...She's...here though," the blonde murmured hoarsely.

"All the more reason to do it."

"I'm sick of this shit from you all," Jecht grunted, stomping over and separating the boys. "Why can't any of you brats get along!?"

"You just said it-because we're brats," Kadaj answered, filing out of the bathroom with the other team members.

It was quiet as things were put into lockers, and with the short moment, you went to Ryuushin and grabbed a chunk of skin on his bicep and twisted it, making him drop the cellphone he was to put away as he gazed at you rather irritably. "What?"

"Don't what me!" you hissed back. "What the heck were you doing to him!?" you then mouthed, jerking your head towards Roxas who was massaging his neck.

"He was being...inconsiderately immature," the ravenette mouthed back. "I can't stand it with these boys sometimes-I snapped."

"Stop defending their insults towards me," you smacked the back of his head. "You'll make them draw the wrong conclusions here! If my alias is somehow broken to more than just that one boy-"

"Listen up everyone," Jecht called, your attention being drawn to the team on the bench. Ryuushin slammed his locker shut, following you to a spot with the others. "I know we've only trained for a week, and now it's already our first game, but I believe I picked the right players to represent our school, regardless of your relations with each other. So, without any more of a delay, get your asses out there, and send the other team to hell!"

"Terminators on three-Terminators on three!" Prompto shouted, fist pumped in the air.

"ONE-TWO-THREE-TERMINATORS!"

The first part of the team was ushered towards the stadium's sphere pool entrance by a moogle, with the pathway winding down the stairs, into the lobby, and up a clear, circular elevator upon the wall either side of the reception desk, which, you hadn't noticed when first coming in. As your team slowly moved up-the moogle having left the group now-you noticed the other team in black wetsuits and matching canvas shoes. The designing on it was the school name on the left breast, and in dark purple; additionally on the back, the person's name was written, as well as their team number was written above and beneath a large claw mark. The five of them were four boys and a girl just as your team, following right after in the neighboring elevator.

A soft ding indicated the top floor of the building was reached, and the five of you filed out silently, following the lone, dimly lit hall to the glass door at the other end. There, you crossed the threshold, and was blinded as you found yourself upon a light aquamarine colored balcony that overlooked the sphere pool, which, was supported by a deep ocean blue ring around it. There was another standing across from you, revealing the other team, and as you noticed the crowd below you sitting on sky blue benches that encircled the sphere pool like a coliseum, a narrow walkway extended from the bottom of each balcony, to the pool.

"Good morning all you blitzball fans!" the announcer called over a microphone from a skybox to the right area of the circular room. "Welcome to the second match of today's high school blitz, winter season! Let's get on with the game shall we!? On our right, we have MISH-the Midgar Institution of Studies and Honors-Menaces! They will be starting with-"

"AMAYA! AMAYA-HEY~!" Hearing your name, you leaned over the railing of the balcony, spotting Yuffie, Rika, Rikku, and Chiyoko to the seats nearest you. The hyperactive ninja of the girls had called your name, and she was bouncing up and down excitedly. "KICK SOME ASS FOR US AMAYA!"

"YEAH!" Sora yelled, appearing next to her, making your eyes trail over to Riku, Ven, Isamu, Noel, and Wasurete. "I'LL TREAT YOU TO SOME ICE CREAM AFTER!"

"I'LL DO MY BEST!" you smiled, waving back at them.

"That's such a weird group," Prompto chuckled to your side. "Other than the girls, everyone there is just...randomly here."

"At least we have a few fans," Vaan shrugged.

"Now, on the opposing team, we have the Twilight Town Terminators!" the announcer said, a light shining upon you. "For this round, returning to the game once again, we have Prince Noctis Caelum as left defense, Prompto Argentum as right defense, and Vaan Ratsbane as goalie. New to the sport, we have the faces of left offense Zero Kiryu, right offense Ryuushin Takahara, and center, Amaya Nochi!" When your name was said, you followed the boys, diving into the top opening of the sphere pool.

Swimming to your mark as the ball was placed in the center between the two teams, you took a crouched position and quickly surveyed your opponents: a blonde girl as the center, two brunettes on defense, a redhead and ravenette on offense, and another blonde as goalie. A buzzer suddenly sounded though, and in your observations, you had been a moment late to jumping for the ball that was afloat, leaving the female on the other team to retrieve it before you did.

She swam around you with her defenses on either side of her, but was stopped short when tackled by Prompto. As the first brunette then went for him, the ball was passed to you, and you grabbed it with Zero and Ryuushin at your sides-Prompto additionally tackling down his offense.

Regaining composure, the girl attempted a tackle, but in grabbing Ryuushin's hand, you used her as leverage and propelled yourself forward right before he kicked her away, into the brunette that was accompanying her. Head on with the ravenette and redhead now, Zero tackled one towards the side of the sphere pool, leaving you against the redhead, who, you could have dodged, if not for the second brunette's grabbing of your leg, swinging you into Noctis.

You released the ball, and in no time was it travelling towards your goal. As you sped up to help in defense, you saw Vaan kick back an attempt to score, and in doing so, left Ryuushin with the ball, and Prompto and Zero as his defenses. Noctis was clearing a path for them-taking down the ravenette and redhead in one hit, leaving you to do the same for the brunette currently swimming against your team. Instead though, as soon as you pushed one out of the way, the ball was spinning towards you, and you used the other player as a platform to pounce off of, catching it instead of letting it fly over your head.

The blonde girl once again came for you, as well as the other brunette, and with the other three closing in, Ryuushin and Zero signaled you. Nodding back, you passed the ball to Prompto-who caught it and began to swim in circles-while the two other boys blocked back who they could. He then stood still, waiting for the others to gang up on him; when they were close enough, he swam lower, then kicked the ball to a standing Zero, who-in the middle of the pool-kicked it to the goal: unlikely for it to score. You then swam in sync with Noctis head towards the ball from the opposite direction, as the other boys held off the opposing team. For a moment to confirm the next move, his gaze momentarily locked with yours, and you nodded once.

*Flash*

Just as the ball was to close in, Noctis reached over and grabbed your hand, stopping and taking the other, then kept them tight in his grasp as he hastily spun you around. The ball finally reached the both of you and the ravenette released his grip on you at an angle, having you shoot through the water and out of the sphere pool at the top opening. Then, he swam ahead of the ball and kicked it up towards you.

As you felt yourself reach the highest point in the air, your eyes scanned, and then locked, with the upcoming blitzball. You spun yourself three times to gain momentum before you felt your foot collide with it, sending it back down like a bullet towards the goal.

*Flash*

SPLASH.

The crowd gave a loud cheer which was dulled by the water and sphere pool itself. Your eyes readjusted in the water to see the scoreboard give your team a point, and you smiled to yourself, Vaan shooting you a thumbs up as you swam back to position. As Noctis passed you, you shot him a smile as well, and, although he sighed-rather sadly-he returned the gesture in a faint manner. This was his reaction-he had seen the memory of the first game; you both had just relived it.

The ball went up against after another moment, and this time, you waited a customary second after before making your move since it was to be in the Menaces' possession. You made a rush for their center, and elbowed her side, letting the ball cut through the water with one of the brunettes catching it. He was rushed by Ryuushin and the ball was obtained, but lost within the same second as the ravenette was harshly kicked in the gut by the opposing redhead, who, when flanked by the blonde girl and ravenette boy, made his way down the court.

By the time you had reached them, the ball was already flying towards the goal at an average speed. Ryuushin swam ahead, catching Vaan's blocking of it, and passing it towards you. Here, you grabbed Zero's hand and let him swing around you as he spun to the side, letting go, and kicking the ball back down the court, where, one of the brunettes caught it. He was tackled into the ravenette by Noctis, and again the ball was afloat, leaving you-the closest on your team-to get it.

With the ball in hand, you swam as fast as you could to the goal, and was a bit more than half of the way there when you felt a few people right behind you. Thinking it was the presence of your teammates, you turned around to pass it to them, especially when seeing you were blocked by the redhead, and a brunette in front, on the way to the goal. However, it was the blonde girl instead, with a brunette and the ravenette, and they had already grabbed you before you could move away.

The ball was afloat again, and you were being carried away by the wrist on either side, which, was positioned to look like a double tackle. Dragged a few feet back, they kicked off you, and while you were disoriented, the blonde female took her chance-her foot colliding with the core of your stomach directly; it didn't come from any angle, but rather, from right in front of you.

Your body crumpled forward as you cut through the water several feet back, and the sensation of pain slowly vibrated through you. The breath was additionally knocked out of you, and the moment you stopped in movement, you felt something inside you twitch. After another second, you lurched forward, jerking as an unstoppable splatter of blood eroded from your mouth violently, looking like nothing but a puff of smoke as it contacted with the clear liquid of the sphere pool. To make matters worse, your ability for breathing in the fixated atmosphere suddenly disappeared, and when you were to inhale, a wave of water entered your respiratory senses, and in a panic, your hands flew to your neck: you were drowning.

Your teammates had come across the court to you after what seemed like a long while-only a few seconds in reality-and the buzzer sounded: once for a goal on an unattended area, and another for a time out. The top entrance of the sphere pool widened, and a male lifeguard in red swim trunks dove in, taking you into his arms, and passing you to another of the same occupation once he had resurfaced. You were then being carried towards the locker room in the arms of the second man in a rush, and throughout it all, your lips slowly leaked blood from the right corner. You curled up as best as you could, preventing yourself from coughing out another round of the crimson liquid as you tried to ignore the shakiness of all the movement, the bright lights of the lobby making your senses annoyed an hazy, and the ignorance of the moment that allowed all of it to happen-it was literally eating you up from the inside.

The door to the locker room was already open, and you were placed upon the wooden bench in it gently-the wood beneath you offering a hard security. Jecht left the room after a glance at you, and as the boys crowded around, you could hear the man's voice echoing in the hall angrily, like an insane demon: it was almost incomprehensible.

"Oi!" Ryuushin kneeled down on you, his hair dripping droplets of water upon your drying face. "B-Baka! Nani ga okotta no!? Why did you turn around? Didn't you see we were trying to catch up!?"

"I'm sorry guys," you murmured, lip quivering. "I-I didn't know... I'm really...really-"

"Amaya, hey," Tidus kneeled down on your other side," don't worry about it-this is just a blitz game."

 "Besides, what the other team did was incredibly against the rules," Weiss noted.

"That's right!" Prompto nodded firmly. "I bet Jecht's having a talk with them right now!"

"You don't need to worry about a thing!" Vaan added, running a hand through his hair.

"But we worked so hard..."

"You're being too gray on your thinking," Vincent sighed. "None of this is your fault."

*Flash*

"Sacrificing yourself for your faction and sharing a burden-that is honor," Yoshihara spoke tiredly. "However, the faction's sacrifice for your wrongdoing or burden-that is shame: you are nothing more than a waste of matter, nothing more than a liability."

*Flash*

Your mouth parted slightly, and your exhale morphed into a wet, bloody coughing spasm, jerking your body upward as you violently shook from it. When calming within a few seconds, your lips stayed in their parted manner, and a slow trickle of blood escaped from the left corner as you gazed directly at the ceiling.

"I...AM...a liability..."

The room went silent.

The only noise came from the television screen which repeated numerous clips of you getting hit by the blonde female over and over, then, shots from earlier in the game, and the now confused audience. The door to the locker room opened, revealing a tired Jecht, but before he could speak, the announcer on the television screen already began talking.

"This just in, the game is back on with two minutes and three seconds to finish round one! The Menace's first round team captain-Haley Mitchell-has been suspended from playing due to unruly behavior, and in her place, their second round captain-Kyle Spanal-will be center both this round and next. Additionally, left offense and right defense-Mario Frans and Peter Lyle-will be suspended, and replaced with second rounders Jay Cho and Saeuta Kim We still though, are waiting for word on the condition of Amaya Nochi, again, here is the replay."

"Kid," Jecht spoke as softly as he could to you, looking you over," I'm gonna put Tidus in your place."

"N-No!" you sat up quickly, yelping in pain when sitting completely, causing you to cough once more as a small splatter of blood hit the ground. "I-I can still... I can... I can do this..."

"I don't think you understand the concept of injury," the man crossed his arms. "You're staying here; we're just waiting on the doctors to come. Until then, you're out and Tidus-"

"I'M taking center-it'll save Tidus' energy," Noctis spoke furiously, fists balled to the side as he shook feverishly, face covered by his hair as he glared at the ground. "We'll fight for you Amaya," he said, turning to the door. "They're not going to get away with this." He then stormed out, and following him, were the other first round boys.

Jecht went after them when a moment of silence passed, and while he was gone, you were escorted out of the room by two nurses working in the medical ward downstairs. When the announcement for your team change came on the television set, and you wished the other boys luck before leaving-carried bridal style by the male of the two.

The medical ward was to the right of the main entrance. It had only a reception desk and little waiting room within the cramped space, but a staircase to the side led downstairs, where, the area expanded into two rows of stretchers, cabinets lining the wall across the way from the stairs, and a hallway to the right that led to and a few other doors, as well as another waiting room. Finally on the left wall, a television set showing the game, but nobody was watching-it was empty here.

You were placed upon a stretcher in the front row, nearest to the television and watched as an announcement was being made and the players were diving in. Not too long then, after the nurses left, did they return, and your vital signs were being checked. That was of course, after you had coughed out another round of blood.

The two nurses left, after dabbing off blood as much as they could, and returning to you was an attractive brunette man in a doctors' white coat over his dark blue scrubs. He checked your basic vital signs, then pressed around your stomach area, eventually concluding the process by hooking your up to an IV monitor that a nurse wheeled in. A clipboard was also given to him, and he wrote something on the few pages before looking up at you as he sat on the bunk to your right; you equally gazed at him, away from the blitzball game as it went into halftime.

"Your injuries are not life threatening. The upchucks of blood are being caused by the force that had hit you in the sphere pool, and therefore, has left your liquids to be rearranged violently-disturbing their cycle. The most you need is medicine, and those will just be a few pills for the rest of the week."

"I know...your voice," you narrowed your eyes.

The man smiled, pushing back his hair with a hand," Hello [Name]-hime."

"Y-Yamazaki-san?" you gasped, then winced, hand flying to your stomach. "What are you...doing here?"

"I was in the area, doing research on mako characteristics when I overheard on the local news the blitzball games. When your name was mentioned, I decided to take a look. Little did I know though, that you'd be injured."

"But how did you...become a doctor?"

"Shinobi tactic five," the brunette gave a crooked smile, standing up and taking his clipboard. "I'll be back with your medicine," he gave a small bow.

You sighed and leaned back, absentmindedly watching the screen as recaps from the last of the first round were being replayed. Footsteps coming down the stairs of the ward caused you to look away and towards the exit, witnessing as three players from the opposing team you were up against being carried two nurses each, past you and down the hallway, disappearing through a door-each of them varied in their bloody marks, yet unanimously unconscious.

A moment passed before another rush of footsteps came, and when you turned again, you were enveloped in a hug from Yuffie and Rikku-a girl on either of your side almost choking you. Coming in behind them was Chiyoko, Rika, Ven, Sora, Isamu, Noel and Riku: all of them spreading out upon the beds to your left and right.

Riku sighed, pushing the girls away from their concerned questioning that was shot towards you, allowing you to breathe. "Give her some space guys, she's trying to recover here."

"What a softie," Chiyoko scoffed, crossing her legs as she sat on the bed to your left, between Ven and Rika. "I guess what they say is true: royalty is too babied to handle the real world."

Your jaw locked, but before you could say anything, Noel stepped between the two of you. "Would you leave her alone? She's not bothering you."

"Who's gonna stop me, huh?" she raised an eyebrow. "This is all a matter of opinion, and I just said mine."

"How is this a matter of opinion?" Ven cocked an eyebrow of his own. "Do you even know what's going on [Name]?"

"Uh, hello-duh!" Chiyoko smacked his forehead. "I'm kinda getting to it, if you don't mind!"

Rika smirked a little, amber gaze on you," How are you feeling Amaya?"

"Don't worry about it," you smiled back at her. "In fact-"

"You know, one time Riku got hit in the stomach really hard with a baseball bat, and after having this soup thingy Tifa made, he felt a whole lot better," Sora noted, standing above you. "Maybe if we get her to make it for you, you'll feel better too!"

"You idiot-where are we supposed to get Tifa from?" Ven irritably gazed at the brunette.

"That's it!" Rikku nodded vigorously, turning to the mentioned silverette boy. "Do you remember what was in it? If you do, we can make it for Amaya now!"

"Not really," the teen shook his head. "She said it was a simple recipe though. I kinda-"

"Wait, even better!" Yuffie held her hands out in front of her in a stop motion. "There's a diner near here in the courtyard outside. We should order some soups and Riku can do a taste test for us!"

"Great idea!" Rikku and Sora chimed at once.

"Uh-what!?" Riku shook his head as Yuffie and Rikku took either hand of his, Sora pushing his back as they headed up the stairs. "H-Hey, let me go!"

"You wanted to impress Amaya by showing you cared right?" Yuffie playfully questioned.

"Uh, I-wait... Um-"

"Then do this for her! She'll love you!" Rikku finished. "Right Amaya!?"

Your eyes widened," I never said I-"

"Huh!? Hm...wait..." Sora stopped for a moment, halfway up the stairs. He looked between you and his best friend before running off. "DO YOU LIKE AMAYA!?"

"OH MY GOD HE WHAT NOW!?" Rika's jaw dropped, and she whirled off the bed. "WAIT FOR ME GUYS!"

"Geez, they're so damn loud," Ven shook his head, jumping down.

"Are you going with them too?" Chiyoko frowned.

"Nope," the blonde popped the P. "I'm gonna go find the rest of the team-I came here for my brother, not Amaya."

"How...ARE you feeling?" Isamu asked quietly, sitting near your hand. He cocked his head to the side curiously. "You kinda got ganged up on."

"Hah, gangbanged," Chiyoko giggled.

Noel narrowed his eyes at her," Do you have somewhere better to be [Name]? Now's not the time to be cracking jokes-Amaya could have seriously been hurt here!"

"Fine, I'll go back to watch the game," the girl motioned to the television set that displayed the second round halfway through. "One of you better come with me though-Wasurete's not gonna be cool about the chauffeuring next time we wanna travel words if he sees I'm alone."

The two boys looked at one another equally, waiting for the other to blink. "You can both go with [Name]," you suggested. "I don't really need anybody to watch over me."

"Don't say that [Name]," Noel frowned. "We came here to see you, and, since I'm older by a few months, I guess I'll go."

"Pay attention to who you're talking to at least," Chiyoko whined, linking arms with the brunette as they went towards the exit. "You just called Amaya [Name]! I'M [Name]!"

"Ah, right-sorry," the teen sighed. "I'm just a little tired."

A silence lingered between you and Isamu, and after a little while of awkwardly looking around the room, you both turned your attention to the blitzball game that was in its final quarter. Yamazaki returned then, and in his hand a small white paper bag that was neatly folded at the top, and stapled. On its front, a small note fluttered as he set it on your right side, and Isamu moved to the neighboring bed, eyes still fixated on the game.

"See to it you get better Amaya; the directions for the medicine is inside," Yamazaki said, his voice now deeper, firm. "You're free to leave now, but don't overdo anything for the next week or so."

"Thank you I-"

"-And just like that, the Twilight Town Terminators have one their first game of the season!" You turned to the television and watched as a replay of the final goal was made by Tidus.

"Until next we meet," the brunette mouthed, nodding before heading towards the stairs.

"You guys won," Isamu smiled brightly, reclaiming his seat beside your hand. "Congratulations."

 "Thanks," you returned his gesture. "Um, do you mind walking with me to the locker room?"

"It'll be my pleasure," he stood holding his hand out. As you reached to take it and swung your legs over the edge, the ravenette stopped you and pulled up your hand, closer to his face. "I thought it was faded blood but you have a little cut here."

"I do?" you followed his gaze. Sure enough, a thin flesh wound was lazily leaking blood on the top of your right hand covering in its faded crimson color. "Huh... I must've gotten cut with someone's nail or something when they tackled me."

"I don't see any nurses around," Isamu stood straight, craning his neck to see down the hall. "That doctor left too and I don't want to intrude just for bandages... Ah, here-I have an idea." Releasing your hand, the teen untied the royal purple bandana he had tied over his hair, which, made it droop from its previously held up position. He then proceeded to tie it around your hand, leaving a small bow at the top to secure it in place. "I think this will hold up for now. It's a little ironic how it suddenly got empty here though... Anyway," he turned around, crouching in front of you," get on; I'll carry you."

"That's alright," you shook your head. "I'll be fine, I- H-Hey!"

"It wasn't a question," he stated, quiet voice giving a hint of amusement as you were hoisted up.

Isamu had set you down inside the locker room where part of the team was changed and ready to go. He left within the same moment though, as Wasurete dragged him, Ven, Noel, and Chiyoko out too, claiming that they would miss their airship ride back if they didn't leave now to look for the others in their group. He spared you a curious glance which you ignored, and as they left, Cloud and Leon entered, claiming that your journey back was within the next hour-seating arrangements getting mixed up due to the weather and delays-leaving you to change quickly.

Coming out of the building, congratulations were continued to circulate around your group as everyone complimented one another on their notable actions during the game. The rain had stopped, but the skies were still dark, and the crowd still abundant in the general area you were in. Everyone was scattered in the courtyard, waiting for Jecht as he caught up with Wakka-who was coaching the Besaid Aurochs that were in the next game-near the entrance, and taking the liberty to join the moment you had to yourself, you approached the railing that overlooked the city below, where, the city was illuminated in a soft glow of edifice lights.

Amazed, you stood on the bottom portion of the railing and leaned a bit forward as you held it tightly, deeply inhaling the scent of lingering rain while doing so, feeling the cool air mitigate the soreness in your throat from the earlier upchucks of food. People within the crowd along the railing were chatting casually with umbrellas at the ready, some looking at you curiously, thinking you were contemplating on jumping. Before you could move though, another boy shook the railing and joined you with a playful smirk at the yelp of surprise you gave.

"Quite a view-isn't it?" Kadaj inquired, leaning forward on the railing with his still slightly damp hair hiding his face that was positioned down.

"Yeah," you nodded, doing the same. "I think I got the wrong impression of Midgar my first time here."

"How so?"

You shrugged," It was....dark, gloomy, and...basically nothing at all like this."

"You were probably in one of the sectors then," the silverette ran a hand through his hair, looking towards you. "What would...a princess...such as yourself be doing here anyway?"

"I had Geostigma," you said, neck craned back for your face to welcome a soft sprinkle of new raindrops.

"Huh...interesting... How?"

"It's complicated," you sighed.

"I'm listening."

"Well... I-"

"Yo! Let's get going!" Jecht called, beginning to walk off.

"C-Coming!" you called back, walking away from the silverette as fast as you could. "Man I need to pay more attention to what I say... That could have slipped out."

"Are you talking to yourself?" Tidus raised an amused eyebrow, joining your side. "I think you might have a concussion."

"Oh shut up," you scoffed, sticking your tongue out as he laughed.

"Can we stop by somewhere?" Weiss asked, grabbing your hand. "We need to see someone."

"Do we have to?" Tidus frowned. "I really wanted to see Yuna and tell her we won."

"I'm sure she saw it already," Leon rolled his eyes. "She has it in her to keep up with your obsession."

"Blitz is not an obsession-it's a hobby! A very loved hobby!"

"Whatever."

"Where do you want to go?" Jecht turned his attention back towards you and the pale haired teen.

The building was a light beige, almost white color, and decorated with tinted and curtained windows that lined up in numerous rows and columns. The main building that held a medical cross and Midgar General Hospital written across the top of it in dark red extended across small bridges towards neighboring edifices of the same style. It was a few blocks down from the subway station you emerged from on the way back, and the only two that went inside were you and Weiss.

There was no time for you to take in the interior as Weiss immediately marched over to the receptionist. He slammed his hands on the counter to earn her attention, and did, successfully, as his features caught her eye. She caught sight of you too, and her lit eyes drooped a bit, voice nevertheless hopeful of a turn of events from the interaction.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I'm looking for a patient-Noasuke Flourite."

You deadpanned, freezing in place as your mind yelled at you for not paying attention to the fact that you were even on your way here earlier. Weiss-taking your expression for fear-took your hand in his and gave it a firm, reassuring squeeze as the receptionist typed something into the computer, then, looked up.

"There's nobody of that name here-are you sure you got it right?"

The teen nodded," He should be here...he was transferred earlier in the week."

"I'm not getting anything for this hospital," she clicked on something," but there's a file for him on Twilight Town Central Hospital."

"Really?" a small, hopeful smile lit Weiss' face. "He must have been transferred back then. What does it say?"

"Sir...Noasuke Flourite has been deceased as of December 10, 2012 at seven fifteen PM."

Weiss staggered back, slowly releasing your hand. "N-Noa is...he's dead?"

"Correct-it was from severe head trauma."

"...Thank you," the pale haired teen nodded, shuffling away from the desk, towards the exit-step by step.

"W-Weiss?" your voice came out as a whimper of his name. He didn't answer though, and when coming out of the building, monotonously stated that the so called friend the two of you went to visit was just fine.

The subway ride, the airship ride, and now the car ride home all amounted up to you being on the freeway in the late afternoon, back in Twilight Town. You were shotgun again, and as familiar views of the part of town you were used to came into view when Jecht exited from the off ramp-your eyes tracing the bright Christmas lights illuminating houses on the streets-a sweet feeling of being home overcame you.

'A sweet feeling...of home.'

This counterfeit, bittersweet, and painful life that you were living as Amaya Nochi, which, gave you a third perspective on what it meant to be [Name] [Surname], was home.

--------------------------------------

Zoom: Roxas Has a Change of Heart

"I'm going to ask Jecht if I can switch spots with Amaya," Tidus announced as the boys were midway through changing. "I'll break it up between her and Noctis."

"Or we can learn to just get along," Ryuushin sighed.

"You're one to talk," Kadaj scoffed, fixing his laces.

"He has a point though," Weiss agreed.

"Thanks for saving me the trouble," Noctis murmured, kicking open a stall.

"You do know that you'll then have to lift a heavier weight if you're with Tidus, right?" Vincent looked towards the fellow ravenette who carelessly shrugged.

"I think that's great," Vanitas nodded in agreement. "I can switch with little Roxy, and I can do the move with Amaya second round."

"Don't you have anything to say about that on your part?" Zero glanced at the blonde who shook his head.

"I don't care... Amaya...isn't significant enough to change what we do."

The entire bathroom went silent, and Ryuushin loudly emerged to face Roxas, who, had his gaze locked on the sink in front of him. "...I'm sorry-what?" the ravenette cocked his head to the side. "What is this sudden change of heart toward her?"

"...I don't know... I just... I don't know..."

Prompto smiled," Look, Roxas-"

"I...talked to Yunalesca and [Name] earlier and they told me...some things...about Amaya," Roxas confessed, gazing at the two from the mirror reflection. "Plus after what Noctis said last night... I...don't think I want to really...KNOW her..."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ryuushin took a step towards him. "You're being brainwashed you dumb blonde! Apologize NOW!"

"I'M being brainwashed!?" Roxas whirled around, angrily astonished. "HOW!? You... Nobody here can STAND your presence! We all HATE you! Besides, if you're WILLING to stand up for some...some...stranger to us all, then something is definitely going on!"

Ryuushin laughed bitterly. "Roxas did I ask for your opinion? In fact, I didn't ask for anything! I ORDERED you to apologize!"

"G-Guys calm down!" Tidus exited a stall quickly, pushing them away from one another. "We're five minutes to a game here and-"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Roxas growled, shoving Tidus away and talking his own step towards Ryuushin. "If you think you can scare me with your background and everything, you're wrong! I tried giving you a chance as friends but seeing you so unusually close with Amaya, my opinion has changed! You're still the same-"

"I'm not the same-"

"Bastard-"

"Shut your-"

"Power-hungry-"

"ARRGH-TOBU!"

Zoom: Back from Gaming

"What the hell were you doing out there!?" Jecht yelled as Noctis came into the locker room with the other boys from the first round. The second was starting, and only minutes ago, did three boys from the other team have to be rushed away from medical treatment. "They can play dirty all they want and they'll pay for it!"

"Yeah," Vaan placed his hands on his hips. "We can get kicked out if it was noticed you were playing dirty like that! Why are you trying to make the team look as bad as them!?"

"I'M NOT!" Noctis roared back, running a hand through his hair. "They fucked with my team-I'm just avenging Amaya!"

"You don't even care about her!" Prompto snapped. "You don't even want her on the team!"

The ravenette looked away in defeat, clenching his fists," You... You wouldn't-you don't-understand... I-I..."

"You're the one who doesn't understand now," Roxas murmured. "You're only feeling bad because Amaya got beat up. She knew the consequences when she joined the team, and right now you're just pitying her. You need to understand that you're not the only one who can pick on her, or-or beat her up."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jecht raised an eyebrow towards the blonde. "What's wrong with you? You've been acting strange all day."

"Noctis brainwashed him with ridiculous talk," Zero quietly noted, returning from the bathroom, now changed.

"What do you have to say?" Prompto turned to Ryuushin who was dripping, seated on the bench. "You're usually not this quiet."

"I...don't have anything to say," Ryuushin murmured, standing up. "Even if I did it's pointless-we're all arguing for different reasons."

P.O.V

Isamu

"I'll be sure to give this back to you as soon as I can," the weak, and pain holding voice says near my ear.

I smile faintly as I climb the stairs to the lobby," It's alright, there's no rush."

"You're quiet though," she murmurs worriedly. "If you think you won't see this again, you will-I'm just making sure you know that."

"I'm just a little fascinated by how there were suddenly no nurses around after that doctor left," I admit, now climbing the stairs to the second floor. "But maybe the guys on the other team needed the medical attention after the beating Noctis gave them in the sphere pool... On another hand, I owe you one for saving my life back in Spira."

I could feel cheekbones raising and pressing against the side of my neck in a shy, pleased smile," I...know someone that has asthma and...this happened a few times to him." The smile disappeared and her tone lowered," But...it's scary, you know? Sometimes, if nobody is there in time, the person might not get enough air and they can suffocate... Knowing that can happen...I don't know..."

"If it makes you feel better, it won't happen to me," I glance back over my shoulder with a reassuring smile that quirked up the lips of the girl upon my back. "I mean...you'll bother saving me, won't you Amaya?"

She nodded," I will-it's a promise."

Noctis

As I take position in the sphere pool, I think-know-that they won't get away with this: I'll get revenge for hurting her-my own teammate. After seeing that flash of a memory with a different face, I'm conflicted towards myself because of the way I've been acting, and I know too, that I'm now nothing but a hypocrite... This-this is the least I can do. After all, we don't really have a game plan.

The buzzer sounds and I don't go for the ball, but the player, hitting him in the stomach with my foot, spinning off to grab the ball and pass it to an awaiting Prompto. The player I hit though, curls up, and that's one down: I should do at least two more.

Zero

"How...did you know it was me on the airship and not Fai?"

"You have dimples," Amaya shrugged. "Even though you don't smile at me," she turned to me, finger hovering over my face," I can kind of see the little depth it has on your laugh lines. I noticed them when I first saw you."

*Flash*

"Why don't you smile?" [Name] asked, only, it wasn't her, but, Amaya.

"I have nothing to smile about," I retorted, huffing for breath as he leaned against a tree.

"You should smile," she smiled, stretching," it'll really show your dimples. I think you'll look really nice if you do."

"How...did you know I have dimples?" I cocked an eyebrow.

She shrugged," Even though you don't smile at me," she turned to me, finger hovering over my face," I can kind of see the little depth it has on your laugh lines when you talk. I noticed them when I first saw you."

*Flash*

I was surprised at how strangely familiar, and even sweet the memory felt with Amaya rather than [Name], and as if in a daze I nodded slowly, carefully studying her, finding the entire replay in my mind nothing but a coincidence. "What?" she murmured, looking away from me.

"Nothing," I smiled-wider this time-shaking my head. With that small, for some reason changed memory imprinted in me, I just think...it might have been nice...to know you back then, Amaya.

--------------------------------------

Author's Note: It's been over a month since my last update... *disappointed sigh* ...Well, this came out pretty long since I didn't want to split anything, so, I hope you guys liked it! I think I'll have a new type of P.O.V now if I can incorporate it-like it? Yes? No? Maybe? ^^; In any case, thanks for reading! :D

Translations:

Tobu - (Japanese) Fly

Baka - (Japanese) Idiot

N-Nani ga okotta no - (Japanese) W-What happened

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...
477 96 30
Before you begin this story, I must warn you first. This is not a tale of dashing knights and lovely damsels awaiting rescue. It is not the tale of h...
15.2K 768 51
"Who's out there?" One of the men yelled. Of course only silence met them. I remained quiet and waited for the group to start moving again. "Maybe i...