Painful Rejection - Fate in...

By ThatPsychoErica

Who knew a simple rejection to ignite the flames of a potential war? Harmony Kensworth certainly wasn't aware... More

Painful Rejection: Chapter One - The Twist in Our Fate
Painful Rejection: Chapter Two - Unwanted Memories
Painful Rejection: Chapter Three - A Taste of Revenge
Painful Rejection: Chapter Four - Unexpected Encounters
Painful Rejection: Chapter Five - Suddenly Undead
Painful Rejection: Not So Chapter Six - The Beginning of Trivia?
Painful Rejection: Chapter Six - The Second Strike
Painful Rejection: Chapter 8
Painful Rejection: Chapter 9
Painful Rejection: Chapter 10
Painful Rejection: Chapter 11
Painful Rejection: Chapter 12
Painful Rejection: Chapter 13
Painful Rejection: Chapter 14
Painful Rejection: Chapter 15
Painful Rejection: Chapter 16
Painful Rejection: Chapter 17
Painful Rejection: Chapter 18
Painful Rejection: Chapter 19
Painful Rejection: Chapter 19 & 20
Painful Rejection: Chapter 21
Painful Rejection: Chapter 22
Painful Rejection: Chapter 23
Painful Rejection: Chapter 24
Painful Rejection: Contest
Painful Rejection: Chapter 26
Painful Rejection: Chapter 26 Part 2
Painful Rejection: Chapter 27
Painful Rejection: Chapter 28
Painful Rejection: Chapter 29
Painful Rejection: Chapter 30
Painful Rejection: Chapter 31
Painful Rejection: Chapter 32
Painful Rejection: Chapter 33
Painful Rejection: Contest {Please Read!}
Painful Rejection: Chapter 34
Painful Rejection: Chapter 35
Painful Rejection: Chapter 36
Painful Rejection: Chapter 37
Painful Rejection: News
Painful Rejection: Real Chapter 37 (Unedited)
Painful Rejection: Chapter 38 (Unedited)
Painful Rejection: Chapter 39
Painful Rejection: Chapter 40
Painful Rejection: Chapter 41
Painful Rejection: Chapter 42
Painful Rejecion: Epilogue
Painful Rejection: Wounded Heart Summery
Painful Rejection Revised (VERY IMPORTANT! FANS-READERS PLEASE READ)
Author's Resurrection - Inquiries for Painful Rejection's Future
Painful Rejection - Early Stage Rewrite Sample
Painful Rejection Revival

Painful Rejection: Chapter 25

68.4K 1.1K 111
By ThatPsychoErica

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! You ready for a fat guy to attempt to stuff himself down your chimney tonight and giving you free junk?!

I AM!!!! But i dont have a chimney. . . .

Oh well!

Well this chapter's a little dramatic but veyr very important so enjoy! And dont forget the Painful Rejection Contest!!!

**********

I let out a piercing scream once I realized the blood pool was expanding as more spilled from its owner. Who’s bleeding?!

"Harmony! What’s wrong?!" Darren asked worriedly.

Did he not see the blood?!

"There’s blood everywhere!" I shouted.

"Harmony, there is no blood!" Darren said.

I turned to him wide eyed and confused. "It’s right there!" I turned to point at the pool of blood only the find the hard wood floor clean and blood free.

What? I don’t understand! Where’d all the blood go? I’d never seen so much blood before and why didn’t Darren see it? I don’t understand!

". . . mony. Harmony!"

I jolted out of my thoughts and turned to Kenzie dazed.

She looked serious which was a rare expression for her. "Everything’s fine. It was just a vision."

I blinked. A vision? That’s right. . .

I looked down at my arm. I still had thick white gauze covering my brand.

Marissa huffed. "Just looking for attention."

I turned to glare at her. "Yea well you--" I stopped when a sudden surge of pain caused my temples to ache horribly.

I gasped and gripped my head, squeezing my eyes closed. No not another vision! Please not another vision!

Wait . . . no this is different. It isn’t a vision. It’s a craving.

An unbelievably strong craving suddenly over took me. The urges this craving caused made me feel sick to my stomach.

I have to get away from people. The smell of their blood is over whelming.

"Oh God, Shane, we need to get her away from everyone now." Kenzie said.

They didn’t need to do anything because within seconds I was jumping off the couch and running from the room.

My head ached horribly and my throat was sore. I’ve never felt this craving before.

I stumbled through the hall and gripped my throat. It’s so dry and I feel as though only one thing can quench this thirst. . .

"No!" I screamed and slammed open the first door I found and ran inside, shutting the door. I didn’t care what room I was in, as long as it was empty.

I stumbled into the dark room and bumped into something, I didn’t protest as I slipped to the floor tightening my grip on my throat.

You know you want to . . . why fight what can never be helped? It’s only a matter of time. A voice said in my mind.

This voice was feminine and mocking and reminded me much of the voice I had heard when I’d been bitten not long ago.

No! I will never give in! I protested. If I give in . . .  my friends would die.

It’s only a matter of time before your fear turns to madness. Stop fighting and accept it.

I hung my head and felt tears I hadn’t spilled in so long form in my eyes. I can’t. I can’t. No . . . I won’t!

You’re no different from the rest! They gave into the madness just as you shall. The blood of your victims will forever stain your hands just as they stain these walls.

I lifted my head to see blood smeared all over the walls. The blood was wet and glistened in the light of the moon.

I slammed my hand over my mouth to stop my scream and squeezed my eyes closed.

No! I only kill evil supernaturals. I didn’t kill anybody. It’s only a hallucination.

Oh but you did. Look.

I dared to open my eyes and saw Mich lying on the ground. He was lying in a dark pool of blood. His head was bent in an awkward angle, his eyes wide with fear, as they were now blank, gray and lifeless, stared at me and blood dripped from his lips.

"No!" I screamed.

The lights suddenly flicked on and the blood and Mich's body disappeared.

I . . . it was just a hallucination. Relief trembled through me and I hung my head.

"Harmony! Are you ok?! I heard you scream." Archer asked from the doorway.

I continued to tremble but now it was from the tears. I had always heard that the curse was horrible and thought people just couldn’t handle seeing things but to cause such fear from these hallucinations. . . I squeezed my eyes shut and buried my face in my hands. It’s horrible!

"Harmony?" he stepped closer.

His scent hit me and hit me hard.

"No!" I shouted. "Please . . . please just stay away."

"But Harmony--" he started walking towards me.

The craving grew stronger and I jumped up and began backing away.

"Please, no! Just stay away." I put my hand over my mouth and nose to block out his scent.

He stared at me wide eyed. "My God . . . Harmony . . . your eyes are red."

The craving became an aching need.

"Please . . . please leave." I begged tears slipped from my eyes.

Is this what I must live with? This horrible urge and craving and these hallucinations? And for how long? Months? Weeks? Days?! Only until I meet my inevitable fate of an Akito Death Demon? I don’t even think I’ll survive the night.

"Harmony what’s wrong?" he asked.

I stared at his neck where I could clearly see a vein. "Blood." I whispered.

"What?"

I stepped back till I hit the wall. "You don’t understand. Please leave Archer, before I kill you."

He sighed. "Is that supposed to be a threat?"

I hung my head and wrapped my arms around myself as if to contain the urges and cravings within.

"You don’t understand, you can’t possibly understand!" I shouted.

The tears continued to flow and I trembled violently as I tried to contain it all. All the emotion. All the urges and cravings I was now trying to bury deep inside of me.

"Understand what?" he asked.

My resistance began painful and my stomach began to ache.

"It’s the curse." My knees buckled and I fell to the ground. "This curse . . . it’s horrible! I crave things, I have urges and I’m seeing things. This voice in my head says soon my fear will turn to madness."

"Har.  . .Harmony?" he asked taking a step closer.

Kill him. . .

"Stop it!" I screamed gripping my head. "Don’t you understand?!"

"Understand what?!"

My throat began to hurt. "It’s the curse . . . I’d always heard it causes horrible hallucinations but I never imagined . . . they say you either have visions of your . . . your future victims or you have horrible, bloody hallucinations. Oh and the cravings . . . they’re awful!"

"Harmony . . . what do you crave?" he asked in a serious tone.

I looked up at him and blinked away my tears. My eyes still burned but I still saw him perfectly. I also smelled they blood that flowed within him.

Wouldn’t it be lovely to just tear him open and let that delicious blood spill onto the floor for all to see?

Yes. . .

I instantly began disgusted with my instant response.

No!

Imagine the pleasure when you’ve torn him apart and his beautiful blood warms your hands--

"Stop it!" I shouted gripping my head again. I have no idea why I feel as though that will make this horrible voice go away.

"Harmony . . . what do you crave."

I hesitated before answering. I don’t want anyone, not even Archer, to think of me as a monster.

"Blood." I murmured.

"What?" he asked taking a step back. His movement told me he had heard what I said.

The headache began to cease. I guess my denial and resistance is what fueled the pain.

"I crave blood and I want to kill. You can’t possibly understand this feeling of wanting to slaughter. It’s horrible!"

He was suddenly in front of me, holding my shoulders tightly. "You aren’t becoming a Death Demon are you?!"

"Not until the next blood moon. Up until then this is what I must suffer." I hung my head. "This curse will be the death of my sanity and I’ll lose touch with reality. Not knowing what’s real and what’s a hallucination . . . not know if it’s a random hallucination or. . ." Mich's bloody body flashed through my mind and I swallowed a lump in my throat. "A vision."

He was silent a moment. "Well if you need blood, I could give you some."

My eyes widen and I looked up at him. "No Archer you don’t understand! I’m not a vampire. This isn’t a vampire-like need."

No! He’s offering you his blood! Go on and kill him. Rip his throat out you know you want to. Just listen to the blood flowing through him, begging to be released.

I couldn’t help but hear his heart beating loudly in my ears from his closeness.

Death demons don’t need blood to survive, they just crave it. To them it’s a banquet celebrating their latest kill.

I looked over to window but I wished I hadn’t because I saw bloody face pressed against it.

I instantly turned away. It’s only a hallucination! Get a hold of yourself Harmony! You aren’t this weak.

But the most terrifying part is not knowing if it’s a hallucination or a vision of your future kills.

I buried my face into my hands and wept. "I don’t know what to do Archer! This is horrifying! I’m becoming a monster!"

I was suddenly pulled into his chest and he wrapped his arms tightly around me. "I won’t let that happen to you."

He’s so close. . .

Yes he’s close enough that you can easily rip his heart out. . .

No. . . I thought weakly but I felt too drained to even fight back mentally.

I brought my arm up behind him. I could snap his neck easily . . . he wouldn’t even notice. He isn’t expecting it. . .

Yes.

I gripped the back of his head.

I don’t want to fight anymore . . . it hurts too much. One strong yank should do it.

I was about to snap his neck and ease all the pain of resistance when the door burst open and the lights flicked on.

"Harmony!" Mich shouted.

A hissed escaped my lips.

"Archer get away from her!"

Archer was suddenly yanked away and my first instinct was to chase after him.

I lunge forward. "No! I was so close!" I cried.

Mich grabbed my arms when I jumped to my feet and pulled me away from Archer.

"Harmony you need to fight it! Or you’ll do something you’ll regret." Mich shouted.

"I don’t want to fight anymore! It hurts too much! Let me kill!" I snapped fighting his arms.

Mich gripped me tightly. "No. Stop it Harmony. You are not a monster. You have to fight it."

I was breathing heavily. I don’t want to fight. It hurts too much to resist. It’s my nature to kill now. I want to kill, why won’t he let me kill?!

No. . .a small part of me whispered.

I felt my body ease suddenly.

Don’t kill. Especially not Archer. You aren’t like this. The small voice whispered again.

I looked up at Archer who was against the wall looking horrified at me.

"I’m sorry." I whispered weakly then I slipped in darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 348K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
1.1K 66 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
6.9K 203 39
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!! What to do when your family abandons you? What to do when the Moon Goddess decided you would make a nice punching bag? Quest...
270 24 30
Book 3 in the ''My Friend, My Lover, My Everything'' series. When a surprise visit, leads to a dangerous mission, Rosalie needs to come to terms that...