Soaked

By kobealcala

Arielle Tesfaye is now on her way to Amphitrite State University. 2 months after the events of Wet, Arielle a... More

WET RECAP
1. Another Impending Storm
2. Return of The TigerSharks Pt. 1
3. Return of The TigerSharks Pt. 2
4. Plunging into Another Beginning
5. Depths of Deception
6. Gut her like a Fish
7. Tides of Unforgotten Memories
8. A Flash Flood of Problems Pt. 1
9. A Flash Flood of Problems Pt. 2
10. Maelstrom in a Form of Malice
11. Uncovering Secrets From the Deep
12. Drowning her Once and for All
14. When the Tsunami Hits
15. The Truth Finally Emerges
16. Cry me a River
17. A Fishy Family Reunion
18. Return of the Stingrays Pt. 1
19. Return of The Stingrays Pt. 2
20. When a Shark Bites Back
21. Bathing in a Pool of Hope
22. Diving the Unfathomable
23. Visiting the Kraken
24. Message in a Bottle Pt. 1
25. Message in a Bottle Pt. 2
26. Thunderstorm of Events
27. Circled by Sharks
28. Into the Coral Reef
29. Waves of Incoming Problems
30. Caught in a Fishing Net
31. The Fire Corals Pt. 1
32. The Fire Corals Pt. 2
33. Diving into a New World
34. Fishing for a New Love Interest?
35. H 2 Hoe
36. Going with the Flow
37. Water Under the Bridge Pt. 1
38. Water Under the Bridge Pt. 2
39. A Downpour of Depression
40. Floating on Dangerous Thoughts
41. Submerged into Confusion
42. Confusion into Submerged
43. Drinking from the Devil's Chalice Pt. 1
44. Drinking from the Devil's Chalice Pt. 2
45. Another Night to Remember
46. The Aqueduct to Being an Adult
47. Fountain of Tears
48. When Hurricanes Collide
49. Surviving an Armada Pt. 1
50. Surviving an Armada Pt. 2
51. Waves of Nostalgia
52. Whirlpool of Reality
53. A Large Ripple for a Small Ocean
BONUS: The Conversation
BONUS 2: The Road Trip

13. Swimming into Murky Waters

40.6K 2K 1K
By kobealcala

"Alec's gay." Trevor let out, making Jade and I laugh out loud, our voices filling the empty café.

"What?" I slightly spoke loud. "How do you know?" I looked to my left to see if my coffee was finally done.

"Arielle." He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're asking a gay guy if another guy is gay."

"Oh true." I replied stupidly. "But it seems like he's scared to tell me."

He took a quick sip off his cup. "He'll tell you when he's comfortable. Just wait it out."

I was about to reply, but the familiar voice of the barista had already exclaimed out my name.

"An extra large dark caramel latté sweetened, for Arielle Tesfaye." The Barista let out.

Yes an extra large! Their large is literally only a gallon and I'm not about that life.

I watched Trevor's eyes widen at the guy as I quickly got up. "Is he on the menu?" He whispered.

Jade snorted as she almost choked on her drink. "Probably not." She laughed.

I proceeded to walk myself towards the barista with a smile.

"What is it this time?" I arrived at the booth, looking at his name tag to catch his name again.

Kai.

"Huh?" He played dumb, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I didn't want to be rude. "Last time it was a bear holding a heart." I simpered at him.

He lightly chuckled as he clenched his incredibly defined jaw at me. "This time it's nothing because you ordered whip cream." He quickly licked his lips, turning them to shade of pink.

"Oh." I anxiously laughed. The more I looked at him the more my heart started to beat, and I didn't like it. "Thanks anyway." I grabbed my cup, his deep green eyes intensely looking at me as I prepared to walk away.

"M-miss." He spoke behind me. "I-if you want I can." He continued as I turned back towards him.

My eyes met his again. "It's fine." I nodded my head at him.

"WHAT ABOUT ME!" Trevor loudly exclaimed as he excitedly got up.

Kai let out a charmingly audible chuckle behind me as I walked back to my table, throwing Trevor a confused look.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed out, gently laying my cup on the table.

"Sure, come on up!" Kai replied politely.

Trevor got up off his seat so fast that I had to hold on my cup for it not to spill.

"Actually, can you teach me how to do it?" Trevor brought himself inside the kitchen, making my mouth subtly widen.

"Hoe!" Jade exclaimed without shame, making me crack out in laughter.

Instead of a reply, Trevor just threw us a seductive wink, making Jade's mouth bust wide open.

She raised an eyebrow at me with a smile. "Are you seeing this?"

"Did any of you wanna learn how to do it too?" Kai queried, adjusting his cute barista cap.

Oh god, did I just say cute?

"ME!" Jade grinned, getting up to follow Trevor and Kai.

"What about you miss?" Kai spoke one last time.

"U-uh I'm fine." I awkwardly spoke, sipping out of my latté.

Since this café was small and empty, I can basically hear every single thing that they were saying.

Kai coughed. "Alright, you get your cup of espresso, then your pitcher filled with steamed milk, then tip it towards each other in a 45 degree angle. Then what you wanna do is raise the pitcher higher than the cup while you pour." I couldn't see what was happening but I could tell it was interesting because of Trevor and Jade's quiet gasps and oohs.

Kai started to talk again. "Then while you start to pour, the closer you move the pitcher to the cup. Make sure you always pour in the middle so once the foam rises, you can now control whatever you wanna make." He finally ended.

"Is that a heart!" Trevor spoke happily.

"That's so pretty!" Jade gasped.

I remained quiet as I continued to drink out of my cup, my attention quickly getting stolen by Xavier's text.

"Nana was sent to the hospital." My eyes immediately widened as I read his unexpected text.

I was so caught off guard that I didn't know if I was about to suffer a heart attack.

"Jade, Trevor I have to go." My voice cracking as I quickly got up. "It's an emergency."

"Is everything okay?" Jade's face turning confused, Trevor and Kai looking at me worried.

"N-no! I just need to go right now!" I felt like crying from fear.

Rosalyn is honestly the reason why I love visiting Xavier's house and I kinda even see her as my own grandma. Whatever happened, god I hope she's okay.

My feet was running so fast through the hospital halls, god please be okay.

My eyes landed on Xavier, his head positioned down at his arm, his shiny white hair covering his eyes.

"Xavier!" I exclaimed, catching his attention, but only for a little.

I quickly sat myself next to his chair, my hands gently touching his cold cheeks that felt moist. Probably from tears.

"Is she okay." I spoke low, slowly raising his face towards me.

He remained quiet as I got a view of his face. His silver eyes were insanely puffy and looked like he was crying a lot, which made my heart just break. His breathing was fast, his red tinted lips slightly swollen.

"Xavier." My thumb slowly wiped his tears away, but more tears just ended up coming out. "I need you tell me what's going on." My voice was weak and was audibly scared.

He couldn't talk, and I felt like I shouldn't force him to talk. "I-I'm gonna be right back." I landed a quick kiss on his lips, then standing up to go ask a doctor what was happening.

I walked myself around the busy hospital that was filled with a lot of doctors and nurses, all of them looking exhausted.

"S-sir." I approached a kind looking doctor, glancing down at his black stethoscope.

"Ah yes." He threw me a tired smile.

"Im sorry to bother you, but do you know what happened to the patient with the name Rosalyn Black at room 4?" I tried to sound polite as possible.

"Are you guys family?" I nodded. "O-okay let me just look it up in my computer, it'll be just a second." He smiled, probably seeing the fear painted on my face right now.

After the quick sounds of keyboard clicking, the doctor decided to finally speak again. "Ah yes, Miss Rosalyn Black. It says here that she had a heart attack at 8:32 p.m." He looked back at me.

"Oh god." I quietly said to myself. "D-do you know if she'll be fine?" I queried loudly this time.

"It depends on how bad her heart attack was. But I'm pretty sure she'll be fine." It was visible he was trying to calm me down. But it wasn't working.

"Thank you." I spoke quietly, turning back around to walk to Xavier.

I can only imagine how Xavier is feeling right now.

"Sucks doesn't it?" A strong female voice appeared behind me, making me jump forward.

"I'm sorry?" I replied timidly, my eyes landing at the girl the voice belonged to.

She had on a long and elegant black gown that looked expensive. Her dark brown hair was in perfect loose curls, which made me so curious as to why she's at the hospital looking like a goddess.

"To worry about someone's life." Her long eyes lashes bat towards me, her facial expression remaining blank.

"A-ah yea." I sighed, catching Xavier throwing me a saddened glance.

"Don't worry about it too much." She slowly smiled. "She'll be okay. I'm sure." This girl was mind blowingly beautiful and it made me really self conscious.

"I'm sorry." I spoke out. "Do I know you?" I tried not to sound harsh.

"No." She sighed, moving a strand of hair away from her face. "No, you don't." She continued, looking at Xavier.

"What's your name?" I decided to question her again. It was very unusual for a random gown model to approach me and I needed some questions answered.

"Jezebel." She let out casually. "I do a lot of volunteer work around here."

I subtly furrowed my eyebrows down at her. "Like the most hated woman in the bible Jezebel? Or just Jezebel." I quickly catched what I just said. "Wait, I'm sorry, that was ru-"

"The most hated woman in the bible Jezebel." She Interrupted me with a smile. "My parents are on the odd side, what can I do?"

Gotta blast.

"I'm really sorry to hear that." I slowly walked away from her with a depressed look. "It was nice talking to you."

Instead of replying, she just threw me a nod. "It's alright. I'd creep myself out too if a random girl in a black gown just walked up to me saying her parents just named her after a hated biblical character." She laughed out.

I decided not be rude. "It's been nice talking to you." I tried to smile but I was too sad to.

I quickly turned around to walk back to Xavier, just out of curiousity I decided to look back at that Jezebel girl, but my eyes couldn't believe it. She was already gone. It's like she just magically vanished.

What the hell?

There was no point in caring about that weird little situation that just happened, I had to go back to Xavier.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE! <3 OH AND DONT MIND JEZEBEL, SHE WONT BE IMPORTANT IN SOAKED LOL! I JUST WANTED HER TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE AS A NOD FOR HER FUTURE BOOK WHICH WILL BE AFTER THIS ONE, MAYBE IDK. THX EVERYONE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Race By Sophie

Teen Fiction

512 24 20
My life is just one big race, never slowing down, never stopping. I swim competitively, so I know lots of people all over the world. But they don't k...
142K 10K 41
Kelsey and Jack have made it through the crucial, difficult first few months of their new relationship. Kelsey has survived a vicious assault, and ac...
5.3K 858 36
After the tragic loss of his mother, Rylie Collins returns to his hometown for his freshman year, only to find himself struggling to cope with grief...
30.3K 941 35
She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... Now everything is turning upside down and...