Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

De Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
👑Epilogue👑
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 29 (Apologies)

306K 11.8K 1.8K
De Juette_Curtina

Nothing could have prepared Kaylyn for the words which came from Matthew's mouth. She didn't know what she should have been expecting but his retort was simply not it. The words rested on her heart uncomfortably and not even the tears that threatened to spill could wash away his dreadful words.

      "Asshole! Come on Kay. Let's go pack," Faith said, gently placing her arms around Kaylyn's back in assurance. Kaylyn and Matthew were still staring at each other, and soon Kaylyn felt a tear slip from her eyes.

She sniffed, looking away, while she quickly brushed it off. Clearing her throat, she nodded, stepping past Matthew who still stood at the same spot, motionless.

As Kaylyn climbed the stairs, she had to fold her lips in order to hold back the dam that would soon burst in her eyes. Faith was rambling on about something that Kaylyn didn't quite get because her mind was distant. Of course Kaylyn had only spoken the words out of anger and frustration, but she hadn't been expecting him to reply so bitterly. She wanted to take the words back, but there was nothing she could do now. The damage was already done.

With a heavy heart, she entered her room, seeing Sapphire still drinking her soup. She turned and smiled when she saw Kaylyn, and that made her heart break a little more.

She moved towards Kaylyn, looking up at Faith. "Hi, you must be Faith," she smiled.

Faith glanced at Kaylyn wondering who the little person was. "She is; Sapphire meet Faith. Faith this is Sapphire," Kaylyn said and although her words were meant to be bright, it was the complete opposite.

Faith only smiled, as she moved towards Kaylyn's closet, immediately starting her task of packing.

       "Why are you taking out Kaylyn's stuff?" Sapphire asked in dismay, and Kaylyn stiffened, not knowing how she'd break the news to her.

       "Sapph-" she started saying, but was interrupted by Faith.

        "She's going home honey," she said, with not an ounce of consideration for the child's feelings.

Sapphire's head snapped up to Kaylyn, her mouth slightly opened with shock. "What?" she asked in a strained tone.

      "Sapph, I'm leaving honey. I-"

      "You're leaving? Why?" her voice was heavy with emotions.

      "I have to go back home," she managed a smile, gently placing her hand on her cheeks.

Sapphire drew back at her touch. "You can't leave me Kaylyn. You just can't," she blabbered shakily.

Kaylyn swallowed. "I'll visit you," she tried to lighten the situation.

A tear slipped from her eyes. "Please, don't leave," she cried.

Kaylyn sighed lightly as she knelt to the floor, wanting to properly look at Sapphire's face. She smiled, and brushed the tears from her rosy cheeks. "I'm so sorry honey-".

        "If you think I talk too much I can stop. I won't tell you to call the baby lasagne again. I promise," she clasped her hands and bought it to her chest. "I won't bother you. I'll do anything you wanna but please don't leave me Kaylyn," Sapphire cried, staring into Kaylyn's eyes while the tears fell.

Kaylyn swallowed the lump in her throat, contemplating on her decisions.

       "Kid I'm sorry, but Kaylyn has to go," Faith cut in.

Sapphire ignored Faith as she saw Matthew passing by the door. Her spirits lifted as she squealed, "Daddy," and immediately ran towards Matthew.

He stopped at the door, not looking at anyone else in the room, but his daughter.

        "Daddy Kaylyn wants to go home. Please don't let her," she pleaded shakily.

Matthew ground his teeth, not knowing what to say, because he simply could not tell her, he was the cause for her wanting to leave.

The silence in the room was so much that one could hear pin drop of cotton. Matthew glanced at Kaylyn who held her head down and Faith who was still busy throwing things in Kaylyn's suitcase. He finally glanced at Sapphire and saw the tears that trailed down her flushed face, and the way her little lips trembled. She stared at Matthew, unblinkingly as the tears fell, and Matthew instantly knew that if he disappointed his daughter again he wasn't sure she'd forgive him.

Folding his lips, he turned to Kaylyn. "May I have a word with you please?" he asked and saw how Faith paused at that, swirling her head around in curiosity. Privately, Matthew added firmly, his gaze darting to Faith.

Kaylyn was hesitant, but she then nodded, moving towards the door. Matthew took one quick glance at Sapphire, who smiled through her tears. He smiled faintly, moving behind Kaylyn who was standing in the hallway.

Closing the door, he came face to face with her. Her eyes still didn't meet his, and Matthew lightly sighed, moving further down in the passage before he stopped a few inches from his bedroom door.

Clearing his throat, he began. "Kaylyn, I'm sorry", he started. She didn't react to his apology and so he continued. "I shouldn't have done what I did or said what I said," he swallowed, folding his arms.

       "I don't really care about what you said to me," she lied. "It's what you did to Faith," she exclaimed.

Matthew sighed. "I didn't intend to make her fall. Wanting her out of my house however, I will not apologize for," he ground out ruefully.

       "She's my friend- my only friend and if I can't have her over here when I want to, then I'll have to go home. I won't be a prisoner here Mat-"

      "Do you know what your dear old friend said to me?" he blurted, then bit his lips, not wanting to sound harsh.

      "Wh-what?" Kaylyn croaked out before clearing her throat.

Matthew was silent as he contemplated on whether or not he should tell Kaylyn about Faith's accusation. He really wanted to tell her and let her realize that he wasn't the bad guy in the situation, but he pulled back the words because he didn't want Kaylyn to have a quarrel with her best friend. He didn't want to put her through another stressful phase.

So instead, he shook his head. "Never mind that, but Kaylyn please don't leave, I beg of you. Sapphire will be heartbroken and I don't know if I'll be able to handle that," he exclaimed, wanting to mention hers and the baby's well-being, but he knew that would probably only worsen the situation.

       "Matthew I won't live here forever, so at one point Sapphire will have to come to terms with the news," Kaylyn said softly.

      "Kaylyn I'm trying here. I'm really trying to change for my children's sake, so with the consideration of their well-being as well as yours, I'm pleading with you. Please don't leave," he exclaimed softly. "I will make a lot of mistakes, but I'm only human," he completed a bit shakily.

Kaylyn saw the sincerity in his eyes and although she was feeling vulnerable and drained, she knew that what he was saying was true; she understood.

      "If you want to have Faith over, then fine I won't argue with you about it," Matthew added, although he didn't want her around.

Kaylyn stood staring at him for a moment, until she bit her lips, feeling the wave of unexpected emotions that consumed her. She had thought that she had felt hurt and vulnerable when she had left her parents home, but now she felt worst. She had been through a lot in the past weeks and all those emotions settled on her throat, making it burn with the heaviness.

She bit her lips as a tear escaped her eye, and she immediately tried to move- To get away before Matthew saw, but her attempts were unsuccessful as Matthew grabbed her by the arms and pulled her into his.

She didn't try to pull away; she just buried her face in his chest and cried. Matthew held her close and placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head while his hand busied itself with massaging her back. He understood how she might have felt, and what woman wouldn't feel that way after everything she had gone through. He knew that he was partially to be blamed for some of her hurt, but he was going to try his very best to make it up to her.

Matthew knew that they had a long way to go, but he also knew that with every success story, there was a beginning.

____________________________________

Hey guys!!! *waves*

Who's happy Kaylyn is staying?

I hope you enjoyed that chapter. I also really appreciate the feedback I got from the previous one. Some of you were so passionate about your opinions and that warms my heart. I can't really express how thankful I am for you guys, but please know that I am.

We were ranked #37 on the hotlist, and boy I was over the moon. So thank you guys!!!!

Next update: Sunday (I'll work on a double ;))

Until next time...
Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.7M 221K 48
Clumsy, accident prone and damn right weird is how people often describe Skylar Martin and it didn't surprise her that even the opposite sex didn't s...
1.3K 23 28
Adane put his lips on her breasts, opens his mouth and starts playing with them, as she feels this sensation arise in her body, she lets out a soft s...
174K 5.7K 36
"Are you sure this diagnosis is one hundred percent real or true?" "Yes, sir. I am truly sorry for the bad news." ~~~~ Is a one night stand suppose...
Midnight Falls De A Girl

Ficção Adolescente

197K 9.2K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...