Moving On

By Hashtagqueen9

---------------- #6 in nextdoor ---------------- His name:Warren Hunters My name: Whitney Quills The reason... More

Intro vert
Not a Social Summer
Guilt
Relationship Problems
If she can cheat, I can cheat too
Unexpected goodbye
Hospitalized
Authors note
Big Change
Carnival is in town
Pure Fury

I love frozen yogurt

75 8 8
By Hashtagqueen9

So my idiotic brother woke me up a literal 10 minutes ago to go to a frozen yogurt place with my new neighbour, Anthony.

"You got 15 minutes Book."

"Ok! Ok. Don't wake mom and dad!"

It's literally 7:15 I haven't eaten breakfast and I've just accomplished getting dressed into a grey t-shirt ,with a picture of strings forming a knot in the colour navy blue, and jeans.

I apply a mild amount of makeup and walk downstairs.

As I get into the car I ask , "Paul, how did you get Anthony to come?"

"Long story but I have quite a day planned for us." He says reversing out of the driveway.

About halfway to the frozen yogurt place Paul says,"So you think he's hot."

I thin my eyes at him,"How did you know."

"You looked at him like he was Warren 2.0."

"You know I'm not interested in him!" I say sternly.

"Or are you?"

"I am not!"

"Or are you not not?"

"I'm ending this argument here."

"Or are you?"

I ignore what he says and look at the green trees along the sidewalk.

"So you're gonna be single for life."

"No I'm..."

Well I probably am, most probably Autumn isn't cheating on him and they get married and have kids named Isaac and Silvia.

"Yes, I'll just be forever single."

"Warren probably loves you too, I was just kidding."

Somehow that makes me happier.

"But just incase..."

"Paul!" I interrupt him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We arrive at the frozen yogurt place and I check my phone, 7:27. I sigh and look around to see if Anthony is already here. I don't see him, I turn to Paul and see two hands wrap around his waist, I look behind him to see the she-devil that's a connected to the hands.

"When can I leave." I say under my breath.

"Talking about leaving..."

"Shhhh I haven't told her yet."

"Told me what?" I say frowning in their direction.

"Whitney, you're going to be alone for breakfast with Anthony."

No don't do this to me, it'll be so awkward and I'll be silent almost all the way through.

"There's your Romeo." Says the thing in the shortest of all shorts. She points to a booth near the back of the restaurant.

I look at Anthony in a leather jacket and ripped jeans, he dressed in an attire like he was in grease and is trying to desperately get a girl by wearing ripped jeans.

He looks like the stereotypical bad boy.

My heart skips a beat when he looks back at me and smiles sheepishly.

"Urg, just go! Girls like you need a boyfriend to be mentally stable." I ignore the things statement and walk over to his table.

"Hey." He says nonchalantly whilst combing his hand through his dark hair. He has the type of hair that if you looked at it in the shade is close to black but becomes brown in sunlight.

I sit down opposite him and contemplate if that was the right place to sit.

"Hi." I say as my voice cracks from being nervous. I feel my cheeks getting warmer.

"Don't worry guys have it worse."

He seems genuine.

"So what's your name?"

"Brittany." Did I seriously mess up on my own name. At such a critical point, now he's going to know me as Brittany and I'm not going to make a fool out of myself and correct my mistake.

"Nice name, I'm Anthony."

"Cool." Cool? Really! You don't even use that word often Whitney!

"So Brittany..." I'm gonna have to get used to that name with him.

"Do go to the local high school?"

"Yes."

"With Warren Hunters?"

As I hear his name my heart momentarily stops.

"Yes."

He slightly smiles, he's so cute. Maybe it's a little dangerous for my feelings to be with him.

Well it's too late to back out now.

"Can I get your number?"

This is literally the first time I've ever been asked that.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Then we can get some good frozen yogurt."

"You'll have some tea on the side."

He looks down at his phone and smiles then he turns it around so I can put in my number.

Being the socially awkward person I am I can't remember my own number and pull out my phone to copy it down.

We come back to the table with our frozen yogurts that somehow Anthony got away with paying in pounds.

"So how long have you been in our libertarian country?"

"Not long, but long enough that someone said me and my brother have a tea fetish."

I chuckle at the statement.

"Actually, about 2 weeks."

I hear a familiar voice and I turn to my right and see Warren and Autumn holding hands sitting down at table across from us.

Seeing that Anthony already finished his frozen yogurt and I still have a a little left it wouldn't be as rude to leave.

"Anthony? You wanna get out of here?"

"To where?"

"We can just walk around, and get to know each other. "

"Ok."

We get out the restaurant at a satisfactory fast speed. I hope I wasn't noticed by Warren or Autumn.

We walk on the sidewalk down the road passing a few shops.

"How old are you?" I say when we are a safe distance away from the frozen yogurt place.

"18 but I stayed back a year in school so I'm going to be a senior in the local high school."

"So am I. Except I never stayed back a year I turn 18 in August."

"I turn 19 in October. When's your birthday?"

"5th of August."

"I'm on 31 of October."

"Ooo, you're a spooky child." I say with an involuntary giggle.

"Yeah I guess I'm supernatural." He says smiling at the sidewalk.

I notice we're on the road which our houses are on.Was this intentional?

I take out my phone to see the time and see a text from Warren.

Warren: what even?!
Warren: meet me at your house at 3

It's 9:56 am

We are one block away from my house now.

"Brittany, sorry this had to be so early in the day and so short aswell."

I slide my phone into my pocket looking at him in the eyes and I notice two green streaks of green in his left eye, which makes him cuter.

"I wanna hang out with you again."

We're not 13 you can just bluntly ask me on a date, don't worry I'll say yes.

"So a date."

"Yeah." He says with a sheepish smile.

We arrive at my doorstep. Usually this is the time in the movie where the girl gets kissed by the boy and then she smiles then goes indoors without a word spoken.

I turn to him as I sand by my door to go inside.

He looks at my lips and I look at his.

My heart beating extremely vigorously in me, my palms sweaty and my thoughts aren't stable.

Then he closes his eyes and quickly exhales through his nose turns and walks across the road to his house.

What does that mean? I think to myself as I watch him fast walk to his house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 687 42
Lexi was broken, she knew it since her mom died, but then her boyfriend left her in a jail cell and those broken pieces shattered into even smaller p...
1.2M 39.5K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...
18K 430 17
Maya has had a rough past. From her parents dying, to being abused by her step dad, to jumping from foster home to foster home can be a lot for a tee...
318K 11.7K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...