Camp Half-Breed

By DaneJLion

She's the vampire who murdered his parents. He's the wizard that cursed her. She seeks revenge, and he desir... More

#1 - Curse of the Century.
#2 - Welcome to Hell.
#4 - Did you know?
#5 - Babe, we share a room.
#6 - Panties in a Twist.
#7 - Trouble is her middle name.
#8 - Under a spell.
#9 - Death Wish
#10 - Death Wish Confirmed
#11 - Man Periods.
#12 - Revenge is best served hot.

#3 - School of Torture.

435 51 17
By DaneJLion

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ░ ▓ ░ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

╰☆☆ Chapter Three ☆☆╮

╰☆☆ School of Torture. ☆☆╮

Raising my brows, I turn to Professor Moonshadow, whom I dubbed a moron. "Yes, I'm quite aware this is Camp Half-Breed. In case you're deaf, I inquired where are we exactly?"

Headmaster Spellbinder let out a loud laugh. "I like this girl. I like her a lot."

~.....~

During the next hour, Professor Moonshadow gave us a lovely tour. As rumours suggested, this place is precisely hell. My favourite place.

Turning to Steve, I grinned. "You know, I think I'll like it here."

"You're messed up," was his reply.

Silence engulfed us as Professor Moonshadow guided us down a flight of stairs. Lamps on the walls illuminated the stairwell whilst purple carpet covered the floor. Reaching the bottom, the Professor opened a door and exited; we followed her.

"Good afternoon, Professor," a young woman roughly the same age as Steve and I was leaning against a large brick pillar. When her eyes landed on us, she grinned. "New meat?"

"Have you gathered everyone?" Professor Moonshadow inquired, walking past the girl and completely ignoring her question.

"Yes, ma'am, they are waiting in the courtyard."

Nodding her head, the Professor motioned for us to follow once more.

I let Steve walk ahead of me.

"So," the girl suddenly bumped my right shoulder. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"You killed his parents?" She whispered lowly. "Is it true?"

Did I?

Hell, I don't even know.

"Yes."

Bumping my shoulder again, she squealed. "That is so fucking awesome! I've met many sick-in-the-head people, but no one like you!"

"I'm one of a kind."

Steve snorted from ahead of us. "You got that right."

We ignored him.

"Oh, by the way, my name is Ashely Forebears. I'm a werewolf." Again, she bumped my shoulder. "You're a witch, right?"

"Half," I corrected her. "Vampire, witch hybrid." When she opened her mouth, I cut her off. "Why are you here?"

Ashely lowered her head in shame. "I electrocuted my entire pack." Sadness and regret laced her tone.

I wanted to pity her; unfortunately, I had something else in mind.

My lips formed into a smirk as I placed my hand on her shoulder, "Really?" I asked, "You electrocuted them?"

Ashley nodded. "Yes, I-"

Removing my hand from her shoulder, I stepped backwards, causing her to stop. "How shocking!" I burst out into fits of laughter, which automatically gained Steve and Professor Moonshadow's attention. "Did you abuse your power?"

"What? I-"

I tried to keep my mouth shut, but I couldn't. "Ah, I get it. You took charge!"

I crack myself up.

Professor Moonshadow, however, seemed to be very displeased with me. "Miss Bloodvial, would you-"

"She electrocuted her pack," I shrugged, cutting the Professor off, "well, that explains why they had to shock her up and throw away the key!"

"Enough of the puns! Already!" This time it was Steve. Although he acted like he was considering murdering me, I turned my head in his direction, and his eyes told a different story. I could almost say he seemed amused. "You're seriously annoying!" He said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And immature. Get over yourself."

I glared at him, then pointed at Ashely. "Spark my words. This woman is dangerous."

Steve facepalmed himself. "Seriously, can you just stop?"

"Watt is the matter?" I wiggled my brows. "Don't you like my puns? That Hertz... Guess I'll need to amp them up a voltage or two!"

"Silence! Enough is enough! Unless you want me to remove that tongue from your mouth, I suggest you drop the puns." Professor Moonshadow said, and I could tell by how she spoke that she was serious.

It was a spark reminder that she's in charge, I guess. Ha! Get it? Spark? Instead of stark? Yeah, that one was lame.

Someone slapped my upper back. I looked over my shoulder to find Ashely smirking. I'm feeling a little creeped out by her.

Why is she looking at me like that?

"That was awesome! I love a good pun or two!" Her eyes lit up. "You have to teach me!"

Wait, hang on. Hold the phone! Is she serious right now? I just teased her, and she's okay with it?

Ashely blinked her amber eyes. "You think I took what you said seriously?" I opened my mouth, but she cut me off. "Come on. I've been in this shit hole for six months." She frowned. "Believe me. I've heard a lot worse."

For once, I was speechless. Then again, this is a prison, after all. I believe, Ashely because this place has some messed up supernatural beings.

More messed up than me, though?

Doubtful.

"Oh," Is all I managed to say.

Professor Moonshadow looked at Ashely, then Steve, and turned her attention to me. "If you're all quite finished, let's meet your fellow inmates outside. Follow me."

Steve walked behind the Professor, and I was behind him, with Ashely beside me.

"What happened between you two?" Ashley asked, glancing at me. "And don't say nothing did because I can sense something did."

Oh, you know, I murdered his parents. I drank them dry. So then he cursed me. At least, I think I murdered them.

Instead of telling her that, I replied, "It's a long story; I'll tell you eventually."

Ashley started speaking, but I couldn't hear her for some reason. My attention was elsewhere. A room is filled with vials; various objects float in blue liquid. There was one particular vial that had caught my attention. It contained a human brain. I was being drawn in, like a moth to a flame. For what purpose, I didn't know. I hadn't even noticed my feet had stopped moving or that I stood before a door leading into the room until the Professor closed it, pulling me from my daze.

"Ah, I see Miss Bloodvial found our potions lab," Professor Moonshadow said whilst locking the door. "You'll learn about that in our potions class."

"Potions class?" Steve enquired. "This is a prison. Since when does it include classes?"

Professor Moonshadow eyed Steve, then me. "Well, Mr Charmstar, weren't you listening earlier? We said that Camp Half-Breed is the first defence against-"

"-the shadow dwellers," I finished her sentence. "You teach us how to control our powers and abilities so that we can do the dirty work for the Magic Council and because you don't care what happens to us."

Smirking, Professor Moonshadow tucked a loose strand of her chocolate hair behind her ear. "Correct, Miss Bloodvial. Now come along."

An unknown emotion flashed across Steve's face. He seemed concerned by this new information. "We can't even use magic with these dampeners on," he pointed to his wrist. "How do you expect us to fight?"

"Dampeners don't work in the void," Ashely said, sighing. "But magic won't help you out there anyway. It's a death sentence for any of us sent-"

"Ms Forebeards, that will be enough." Professor Moonshadow swiftly turned to face us. "They will find out about the void very soon."

"Would I be correct to assume the void is where the shadow-dwellers originate? And these creatures feed off magic, rendering the Magic Council useless against such force?" Steve suddenly spoke, turning his attention to the Professor. "Is that not true?"

"Ah, I would expect nothing less from a Charmstar member." She smiled. "Yes, what you say is correct. Magic is useless in the void. Shadow-dwellers feed upon it."

"They train us to fight, but we're really being taught to die." Ashely spoke up. "No one makes it back alive from the void."

"Indeed, come meet the other inmates." Professor Moonshadow began to walk again.

Once more, we followed.

However, my thoughts dwelled upon the information I had received.

The void.

No one makes it out alive.

"So what if you're already dead?" I said out loud. "A vampire is immortal; we cannot die."

Without turning, the Professor laughed. "Then you will wish you could die."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.3K 52
In a world where humans are considered as nothing but servants to the almighty Warlocks and fairfolk, little human Milo struggles to make ends meet w...
48.8K 518 13
I KNOW THAT ALASTOR IS ACE!!! I DO THESE STORIES STRICTLY FOR FUN AND DO NOT WISH TO DISRESPECT THE ACE COMMUNITY BUT IF YOU AREN'T OK WITH PEOPLE WR...
16.5K 1.4K 36
မင်းကိုပိုင်ဆိုင်ခွင့်နဲ့ပတ်သပ်လာရင် ကံကြမ္မာကိုတောင်စိန်ခေါ်ပစ်မယ်ငယ်ငယ်
28.1K 1.7K 42
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...