The Last of the Kyanite Pack...

By Rastalove

Stormy doesn't remember what happened the day she and Jax were found at the age of six. They had been abandon... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Jax's POV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors Note....
Chapter 12
Authors Note: New cover
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Jax's Pov
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Rex's Pov
chapter 20
Mikah's Pov
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Jax's POV
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 33

35.1K 1.8K 531
By Rastalove

Chapter 33

"You said you would consider my opinion Dayton. If you think I am getting locked up in those cells again then the deal is off," Jax said, his voice laced with irritation as he paced Alpha Dayton's office.

"It would work more if they thought you were a prisoner. You got the boy to help you escape because he thought you were a prisoner just like him so where is the problem?" Alpha Dayton said for the third time tonight.

As soon as the deal was accepted Alpha Dayton wasted no time in moving the conversation to his office to come up with a plan on how they were going to get the children in the cell to talk. Jax told Alpha Dayton that Braeden was fourteen and the young girl with him looked roughly the same age. I thought I would feel comfort in the fact that those children locked away and starving were actually in their teens and not much younger than me, but I didn't. At the end of the day they were still kids and they were still hungry.

"First of all I was one of your prisoners; and second of all, there is no way in hell you are locking me up again with or without my permission. I will talk to Braeden and give him some food and then you will release them. I will watch them at all times; be their guard if that's what you want to call it, but I want them out," Jax's voice drifted through the open window that I was currently sitting under.

I swear if their conversation went on for another hour I was going to bang my head on the wall. Just when you think Jax or Alpha Dayton are about to reach a decision, yelling breaks out and Mikah has to join in just to defuse the situation.

Both Mikah and Jax offered to drop me off at home, but I wanted to stay so I knew exactly what was going to happen. If it was up to Jax I would be tucked up safely at home like an old woman with nothing but television and books to keep me company; but thankfully Mikah managed to convince Jax to let me stay. Jax was quick to side with Mikah once he realised there would be nobody at home to watch me. Jerks. It's not like I'm a fricken twelve year old staying up late on a school night. I almost changed my mind from staying to going home just so I could see which one of the two would put their hand up to babysit while the other one stayed and played undercover cops with Alpha Dayton. I didn't though because I knew Mikah would just station someone outside my house like he did the night Jax had been captured; or worse have someone like Lincoln stay at the house with me.

"This is getting us nowhere. Can't you two fool headed idiots come to a decision already?" Mikah said frustrated as he walked past the window and peered out at me.

I knew Mikah was worried about us. The look in his eye every time he looked at me was troubling. It was like he was waiting for me to run away at any moment. Another thing I noticed was that his eyes were dark. Not the swirling silver that seemed to take over when he was emotional with anger or happiness. It wasn't the light hazel brown that I loved so much, it was just dark. A brown so dark it was almost black and it made me wonder if that's what fear looked like.

 It had been just over an hour until I had finally had enough of listening to the same conversation over and over, so I decided to disappear outside for a bit of fresh air. I thought the three of them wouldn't even notice if I left, but Mikah did.  Before I had even made it to the front door Mikah had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him.

He stared at me for a long time before I finally pushed him away and told him I needed some air. That is how I came to be sitting out on the deck watching the dark sky and listening to their conversation through the window. I sort of wished I had taken Kitana's offer to go see the newest pack member that was born into the world only a couple of hours ago, but I didn't want the mother to feel uncomfortable with me being there.

As I listened to the sound of Alpha Dayton once again trying to prove his point about how faultless his plan was, a thought struck me right in the gut. Why don't I just go to the prison now? The chances of them noticing I was gone before I got there would be unlikely and if I played my cards right, then those children down in the cell could have a full belly within the hour.

I stood up slowly not wanting to make any sound as I tiptoed across the deck and made my way through the front door. The doors to Alpha Dayton's office were to my luck closed and there was nobody around to see me come or go. I headed towards the kitchen, knowing that there would be plenty of leftovers from our dinner tonight, when the office doors behind me swung open and then closed again.

"You ok Storm?" Mikah asked, just as I was about to turn the handle to the kitchen door.

I turned around slowly letting out a slow breath when I realised my plan was at a fault from the word go. I hadn't even made it to the kitchen without getting caught.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just grabbing a glass of water and then I was hoping I could maybe lie down in your room. I'm feeling a little drained," I told Mikah while letting a small yawn escape my lips.

"Yeah sure, I'll come with you," Mikah said quickly, while he walked forward and pushed the kitchen door open.

"No that's ok Mikah. You need to sort out a plan with Jax and Alpha Dayton to help those kids. I'll be fine by myself." I smiled at Mikah hoping to ease his conscious.

I could see that Mikah was confused and fighting with himself to stay with me or to go. He looked almost as tired as I felt and his shoulders were tense.

"Look Storm, I..." Mikah began before I walked forward and held my finger against his lips.

I stood up on my tippy toes and placed a kiss on his freshly shaved chin and then glided my lips along his smooth skin until I reached his neck.

"We will work through everything Mikah, but not now. I'm tired and you have bigger things to worry about right now. Yes I am mad, and yes I should have told you, but it is what it is," I said as I let my feet fall back down to my normal height and looked up at him.

Mikah pulled me forward so that my head was pushed up against his chest and began placing soft kisses against my forehead. His breathing was deep and his eyes had lightened back to the rich hazel I loved so much.

As much as I was mad for the way he reacted to Jax and me not being related, it still felt good to be in Mikah's arms. His scent, his touch, even the sound of his deep breathing and beating heart was enough to put me at ease. 

"I wonder how Rex's date is going," I said suddenly.

"It went ok. Rex just dropped Kate off so he should be back soon," Mikah told me, while he played with a piece of my hair.

"How do you know that?" I asked as I pushed away from Mikah and looked up at his sly grin that was plastered on his face.

"Rex has been whispering in my ear throughout his date. The guys a wreck, I've never seen him like this before." Mikah chuckled and leaned against the kitchen door so that I could walk past him.

The kitchen was clean and immaculate just like the last time I had seen it. There were no dishes left out or any sign that a feast had just been cooked in here.

"Where's all the food gone?" I blurted without thinking. I could feel my face heating and just knew it would be red.

"Are you hungry? There is still plenty left. I'll get you some," Mikah said as he quickly walked to the oven and pulled out two trays full of food.

"I think there is some apple crumble left to. I'll grab it for you," Mikah told me while he placed the two trays on the kitchen bench top and turned back to the oven to pull out a glass oven dish that was still half filled with apple crumble.

Mikah didn't stop for a second as he went to a number of different cupboards and pulled out cutlery, plates and a cup that he filled with orange juice. I almost had a heart attack with the amount of trouble Mikah was going through just to feed me. I wasn't even hungry, but I knew exactly what I was going to do with this food as soon as I got the chance.

The sound of a truck pulling up outside caught my attention, but Mikah didn't seem to notice or care as he scooped food onto my plate and then turned to put it in the microwave to heat.

"Someone's here," I said to Mikah who was looking at the microwave with a funny expression.

"It will be Rex. Hey do you know how to work this thing?" Mikah asked as he began hitting buttons at random on the chrome microwave.

"You don't know how to work a microwave?" I asked as I held back laughter and made my way towards Mikah.

"Not this one. It's new and every time I use it my food doesn't even heat."

"That's because your pushing defrost silly. Here let me do it," I said as I pushed the cancel button and then hit the quick start button bringing the microwave to life.

"Well aren't you a keeper." Mikah laughed as he pulled me into him so that my back was against his chest and his chin was resting on my shoulder.

"Mikah!" Alpha Dayton yelled from his office causing me to jump with fright.

I stole a peep though the kitchen door that we had left wide open and could see Alpha Dayton walking back into his office. Even though I couldn't see his face I knew he was tense and frustrated by the way he was shaking his head.

"I have to get back in there. Is it ok if Rex keeps you company for a little bit? We shouldn't be much longer," Mikah asked as he walked towards the kitchen door to take a look for himself.

"Yeah I'll be fine. If you don't mind I would like to go for a run. It's been ages since I've shifted and I really need to let my wolf out." I asked Mikah quickly as a plan formed in my head.

It was true; I hadn't shifted since that day my wolf had taken over. Ever since then she has been so distant that it was hard to feel her anymore and it saddened me. My wolf was always around, though nearly always complaining or growling it was still some form of communication but now... Now she was just different.

"I thought you said you were tired?" Mikah asked me, his eyebrow raised and his head tilt slightly in confusion.

"I am, but a run and a hot shower sounds like a good way to knock me out for the night. Nothing brings on sleep more than a run." I shrugged indifferently, hoping I would convince him.

Mikah stared at me for a few seconds, only taking his eyes off of me when the beep of the microwave sounded letting us know the food was ready.

"Wait for me, we could run together and I don't really want you out alone." Mikah frowned, his eyes flickering from me to the front door while he pulled my piled up plate of food from the microwave.

"I really want to go now. Maybe Rex could take me? It's not far to my house and a short run there is all I need," I said as I stepped forward and ran my fingers down Mikah's chest.

I knew he was hesitant about me leaving, but if I played my cards right I could be down in those cells in fifteen minutes and those children would have full stomachs in no time.

"You have never even seen me in my true form before. Can't you wait a little bit longer?" Mikah said as the lines on his forehead increased even further into a frown.

"Is it Rex? Because he has a mate now and we are just friends," I said a little dramatically as I snatched my hands from his chest.

I knew I was being manipulative, but I had my mind set on the plan and Mikah was the only obstacle in the way. The thought of not seeing Mikah in his wolf form almost made me change my mind. I don't even know what colour wolf he has. If I remember correctly from his tussle he had with Jax and the hair that sprouted along his body I would have to say black; black like Jax.

Mikah's eyes narrowed as he stared down at me and sighed. The sound of footsteps on the wooden deck outside caused me to move closer to Mikah so that I could see the front door, and he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around my waist and pull me against him.

"You know I trust you right?" Mikah whispered in my ear before tracing a slow trail of kisses along my neckline.

I didn't trust my voice, with his lips touching my skin the way they were, so I nodded my head even though he couldn't see he could feel it.

"And you know you can trust me."

This time it wasn't a question, so I didn't bother to nod my head. Instead I closed my eyes and took in the pleasure of Mikah's hot breath rushing across my earlobe and sending tingles down my spine.

"Uh... I'll come back," Rex said awkwardly from the front door, his hand still on the door handle.

My eyes flew open instantly and I could feel my cheeks burning with shame.

"No wait." I stood out of Mikah's embrace with my hand out stretched.

Rex stopped in his tracks and awkwardly spun around so that he was now facing us again. The smell of Kate filled the air which felt strange to me.

"Could you be so kind as to escort me home? I want to go for a run, but somebody said I can't go unless I have a babysitter," I said with a smirk, and then pointed my thumb over my shoulder as I held back a giggle.

"Storm it's not babysitting. I just don't want you out by yourself with all this trouble we've been having lately," Mikah said grumpily, his eyes flicking between an amused Rex and me.

"I understand Mikah; I was only joking," I replied after seeing how angry my little joke had made him, at least Rex thought it was funny.

"So will you take me?"

"Sure beautiful." Rex winked as he continued to hold back his laughter.

"Are you going to eat first?" Mikah said after sighing and shaking his head at Rex who couldn't seem to lose his playful grin he had on display.

"No I think I'll take it home and eat it after my run. Have you got a basket or something I can use to carry it in?"

Both Mikah and Rex laughed as if I had just said a great punch line and only stopped when I slammed my hand against my hip.

"And how exactly are you going to carry the basket?" Rex said still giggling and looking at me like I was stupid.

"I'll hold the handle in my mouth, idiot," I replied, rolling my eyes as I made my way over to the food and began wrapping it in a clean tea towel that was hanging from the oven door handle.

"Well do you have a basket?" I said a little annoyed because they were both still standing there looking at me and then each other weirdly.

"Yeah my mum will have one somewhere; I'll go find one," Mikah said before shaking his head and leaving the room.

Rex walked over to the kitchen door and closed it quietly before spinning on his heels and rushing over to me.

"What are you up to?" Rex whispered, his eyebrow raised and a look of excitement on his face.

"I'm not up to anything," I lied as I scooped a large serving of apple crumble on to another plate and then hunted through the kitchen drawers for something to wrap it in.

"Alright don't tell me, but I will find out," Rex said coyly as he tapped the side of his head with his index finger.

"I'm sure you will."

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't been around. Thank you to everyone who has worried or left kind words on my book. Don't worry I'm fine, just really busy with life at the moment. Thanks again, Rastalove....xX

P.S It is now 2020! What the actual fuck. I am looking into retracing my steps with this story and completing it. Watch this space. Love yahs... Rasta x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
5.1K 288 41
Ice is living in a jungle. She has been as long as she can remember. She only knows 3 other beings, Nala, Amber and Trixie. One day she thinks she's...
461 0 15
Alexis is a werewolf but her life is a little different. She has two moms. It has never happened before but her moms are mates. She has her own mate...
164K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...