The Alpha's Law

By HolyxHarold

Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she tho... More

01- The Alpha's Law
02- Torchwood
03- Torchwood High
04- Where's Ian?
05- You have got to be kidding me
07- Mate who?
08- Jaley
09- Memories
10- Busted!
11- Over
12- Treehouse
13- Invite
14- Future
15- Party Part 1
16- Party Part 2
17- Almost There
18- Meet the parents
19- Point Place
20- Noah
21- Hospital
22- Training
23- The Beginning
24- Of The End
25- The Trade
26- Steven
27- You're What?
28- Coming Out
Epilogue

06- What now!?!?

52.5K 1.4K 123
By HolyxHarold

"Come on get up, time for school" The voice of my dad wakes me up. I groan, it's one of those times I just don't want to get up. Where I want to snap my fingers and have Nutella and Starbucks right in my hands, before watching the big bang theory.

"Really today?" I ask flipping over to get the burning sun out of my eyes. I have found out I am some kind of monster wolf, hardly a day ago, and already my parents want me to go back to school. Back to Torchwood high, a school full of werewolves. 

I'm not sure whether being in a town of werewolves makes becoming a werewolf better or not. On one hand they will be there for support and guidance. On the other it might become overwhelming.

"Come on get up! A little shock like this does not mean you can miss school!" Dad jokes walking loudly out of the room. At least Dad is his same old self. He always is a joking kind of person and always likes to have fun. 

My feet hit the ground with an almighty bang. Ever since I turned into a werewolf my senses have been heightened extremely. Yesterday in the garden I could smell dinner from about fifty feet from the house. I could also hear my mom humming softly when I was walking back to the house. Thirty feet away it sounded like she was in my ear.

"Hurry you guys" Dad yells from downstairs. It is getting pretty late, it is already 7:45. I hurry to the bathroom and go through my morning routine. In record time I speed walk to the closet. I grab a navy V-neck, Skinny jeans, a scarf, some bracelets, and Toms. It isn't the best outfit ever but I don't have time to be picky.

Footsteps echo past the door as I pull on the last Tom. It's probably Chloe making her way downstairs. Dad picked up Ian and Chloe late last night so we haven't had a chance to talk. Apparently Chloe was in another hospital room, having fainted. 

I want to talk to Ian about everything and I really need to talk to Chloe about what she thinks of me.

"Chloe wait!" I yell jogging down the hallway. She stops in the middle of the hallway but doesn't turn around. She has on Black leggings, and a purple north face. 

"Yeah?" She asks in a strange voice, she sounds almost rude. My heart stiffens, what if she hates me now? She can't even look at me. How are we going to be friends again? 

"Are we okay?" I ask timidly. My eyes are watering and my heart is beating extra fast. She doesn't move, just stands there like a statue. 

"I don't know" She admits starting to move again. My heart shatters into a million pieces. She is the only person I can talk to and really trust. Sure, I made fast friends with Jacob but how can I really trust him? I mean he did kidnap my little brother with no explanation.

Silently and sadly I walk to the kitchen. The smell of bacon is almost overpowering. Mom made a huge breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. It smells so good but I'm not hungry. As corny as it seems, Chloe's words zapped the hunger right out of me.

"Kameron should be here soon to pick you guys up" Mom says looking at us three. Chloe can't look in Mom's eyes either. Someone must have explained to her what that Mom and Dad are werewolves too.

I still have a ton of questions on werewolves that I would like answered. Hopefully Jacob and his friends can answer some of them. 

"Wassup?" Kameron yells bounding into kitchen. His footsteps and voice together are making my eardrums burst. How can people stand having hearing like this?! 

"What's up Chicken butt?" Ian giggles sliding down his chair and under the table. Since Ian started school he has been coming home saying all of these corny first grader jokes. 

"So I heard from some of the pack that yesterday was a special day" Kameron teases rubbing my hair. Ian shoots up from under the table excitedly. Across from us Chloe flinches, almost instinctively. 

"How does it feel?" Kameron asks stuffing a piece of bacon in his mouth. Ha! It feels like I am losing my family, sanity, and best friend. That's what it feels like.

"Like a hangover from hell" I murmur. Kameron laughs but Mom looks stern.

"It only lasts for about a week" Dad says just when mom asks "when have you had a hangover?" 

Honestly I have had quite a few but she doesn't have to know that. Most of them where at Kameron's friends' houses.

"Well don't you feel a rush? Oh you wait till you go on your first run" Kameron smiles looking excited. Dad told me about runs and a lot of the basic things. After picking up Ian and Chloe from the pack house he came into my room to talk. He told me the basics but not the things I'm really interested in.

"You kids should hurry up" Mom sighs looking at the clock. As much as I want to protest for being called a kid, I stay silent. I am already on thin ice for the hangover thing.

"So Ian you excited to be a wolf?" Kameron smiles as we walk to the car. Again Chloe flinches instinctively, it's almost offensive. Ian jumps up and down in excitement. 

"Yeah! My friend Lyle is one! His brother is Jace!" Ian yells tugging on my sleeve. Jace, the annoying jerkwad who is rude and a kidnapper. Ian should definitely not be playing with a kid with a brother like Jace.

"I know Jace, he's the future Alpha of the pack. He's also pretty hilarious" Kameron remarks buckling his seatbelt. How is my whole family connected to Jace somehow? And how in the world could an idiot like that become a leader?

Alphas, Betas, Lunas and stuff like that was explained to me by Dad. About bloodlines and Alpha's command, and stuff like that. Also he told me he is an enforcer, not a police officer. So basically he is a police chief for a bunch of werewolves. Which also means we are highly ranked in the pack.

"So Chloe, how do you feel about all this" Kameron asks seriously. Chloe fidgets in her seat while staring out of the window. We are almost at school so she is probably seeing if she can make it there without answering.

"It's kinda creepy, cool, scary, and insane, but I can live with it" She sighs. My heart skips a beat. She said she can live with it! At least she doesn't totally despise us.

"Have a nice day" Kameron mocks pulling up to the school. Instantly after getting out the car different scents hit my nose like a brick. I noticed it at the pack house, everyone has a distinct smell, werewolves especially. It's hard to notice with my own family but here, everyone smells so different.

I spot Jacob near the fountain with some other werewolves. Excitedly I grab Chloe's reluctant hand and drag her over. Jacob's face lights up as we approach, he probably smelled us.

"Here comes the newest pack members" Jacob shouts starting a round of clapping. Chloe goes red and stares at her shoes. I don't know why she is so shy all of the sudden.

"Yeah that's what I'm here about. I need to ask a few questions" I smile looking at everyone. Most of the people are familiar but some faces are new. All of them however are werewolves, they all smell like pine trees and dog. A good kind of dog though, not like wet dog.

"Of course you do! But are you opposed to ditching?" Lucas smirks coming up behind Jace. He looks friendlier now that he found out what I am. He still gives the death glare to Chloe. Even though he is being somewhat nice he still looks like a major douche.

"Nope not at all" I smile trying to look badass. Chloe totally ruins it with her disapproving scowl. I don't think it's the skipping that's bothering her, more like the skipping with werewolves part.

"Now or later?" Jacob asks raising an eyebrow. I have so many questions that want answers, now would be better.

"Now" Chloe says surprising everyone. She looks less timid now, even a little excited. Jacob nods shooting her an odd smile.

He leads us around the back of the school until we reach a door. Above the lock is the sign for nuclear with the words 'nuclear fallout shelter' written in grey letters. Jacob takes out a key and unlocks the rusted doors. Dirty stairs lead below the school building. Judging just on the appearance so far, there is going to be mice, and lice, and everything not nice down here.

"Welcome to casa de wolf" Lucas sarcastically smiles before throwing the second set of rusted doors open. My jaw drops practically to the ground while Chloe gasps. The room is clean, has couches, chairs, games, a TV, psp, fridge, and lots more. How can this even be possible?

"How did you manage this?" Chloe gasps looking around. There are a couple people already here which makes twelve people total. How can the school not notice twelve students randomly missing?

"It was built in the earl 1900's. The wolf council lets us use it." A pretty girl with red hair and freckles says coming over to Lucas. Just by their expressions it's easy to tell they're mates. Dad told me more about them last night. On one hand they love you forever and are perfect to you. On the other you get no choice in the matter. I don't know how I feel on mates. 

"I'm Cassie" she smiles at me and Chloe. Lucas wraps his arms around her protectively and lovingly. I haven't seen this side of him, it's cute.

"So you ready to learn more about us weres?" Jacob asks, rubbing his hands. I smile nodding my head, this is gonna be great.

<~*~>

Abruptly the bell rinds for seventh period lunch We can hear the bells from down here. There is a flag, Speaker, and clock like in a classroom.

"Lunch time!" Cassie yells excitedly. Just from the few hours we've been down here she is already my friend. She's very outgoing, sweet, loves candy, and brings down the jerkiness in Lucas. 

"Well that was fun" Chloe smiles, walking next to me as we leave the shelter. They taught us all the cool things about being a werewolf like the mate and pack mind link. Lucas also brung up the bad things like rogues and some of the bad council laws. Mom was actually right about how some of the rules are awful.

"So are we okay?" I ask Chloe a little pleadingly. She smiles wincing a little as we get out into the sun after the darkness downstairs.

"Yeah we're fine" She smiles linking our arms together. Yes! Finally I have my best friend back and she's not freaked out I'm a monster! 

We walk all together to the packed cafeteria. Even the humans seem to show respect to some of the people in our group. Most of the people in the group are higher ranked like Jacob who is the future beta. 

Like the last time, we sit at a table with just werewolves. I guess werewolf is like a clique where people are excluded and what not.

"Oh my gosh this cannot be happening" Chloe whispers softly as people bring us our lunches. Wow royalty much? I feel kind of bad having people serve me but the pizza looks so mouthwatering. Unfortunately I can't even take a bite before a hulking figure ruins my appetite.

"What are they doing here?" The booming voice of Jace comes from behind me. It's very obvious it's him and I don't want to look up to make sure. I am so pissed at him but at the same time I'm afraid to look.

"They are part of the pack. They sit here" Jacob growls standing up to face Jace. Jacob snickers condescendingly. I can't even see him but I can tell he has an annoying smirk on his face. 

"For now. I am coming back to do the football announcements. Be gone when I get back" Jace snarls losing all of his fake amusement. He storms off like a toddler after a tantrum. Well there goes my having these friends. Jace doesn't like us already.

"Ah don't listen to him" Cassie says waving a hand in Jace's direction. She's right, we don't have to listen to him unless he gives Alpha orders. In which case we can't help listening. Alpha orders is one of the many things Cassie, Jacob, and Lucas told us about.

"How can he hate us already?" I ask bemused. I have never been this hated in a while. Last time was when the head cheerleader in 9th grade wrote skank on my locker. 

Ha! To speaker of cheerleaders. A skinny blonde with a tight, mini, cheerleading uniform walks over to the table. Like every movie cliché, she has a bubblegum lollipop in her mouth and is trying to eat it seductively.

"Where's my mate?" She drawls in a bored tone. Everyone at the table rolls their eyes in exasperation. At least I'm not the only one who doesn't like her type.

"He's not your mate" Lucas sighs rolling his eyes again. The girl looks annoyed but at the same to me like she doesn't care what anyone thinks. I've known her for two minutes and already I can tell she's a bitch. 

"Well he might as well be, anyway you're wasting my time. Is he like here or not?" She asks saying 'like' in an annoying way. I admit, I do that too, but on her it seems so much more annoying.

"No he's not" Cassie sighs looking up at little miss Barbie. Barbie huffs turning around and walking out of the cafeteria, without saying goodbye. Whoever she is I feel bad for her mate.

"Who was that?" Chloe asks obviously not liking Barbie. She hates fake girls just as much as I do.

"Natalie, Jace's girlfriend" Jacob chuckles rolling his eyes. Oh, Jace has a girlfriend. I don't know how to react to that. A part of me doesn't care and another wants to kick her in the face.

For five minutes I get to enjoy my lunch, five minutes. Five minutes before Jace comes waltzing back into the cafeteria like a god descending from Olympus. I can smell him from here. He smells like axe, pine trees, and a hint of something else. All together it smells great.

"Fun while it lasted" I shrug looking around the lunch table. Now that he's back he's going to make we leave.

Jace goes up onto the stage with a couple of other football players. Like Lucas and Jacob, they all wear blue letterman jackets. 

I stare at Jace trying to figure him out. He can't just be all mean, there has to be something else. I mean his face isn't mean. On the contrary his face and body alone make him look like a nice person. He has medium brown hair, Chocolate brown eyes, a killer smile, and is very muscular. Not too muscular though, just enough to look hot. In short he looks like he works as an Abercrombie model.

Jace and his teammates talk about tryouts and playoffs as the whole lunchroom sits in silence. For the werewolves they are silent out of respect for their future alpha. For the humans it is the aura of power, strength, and utter coolness emanating off of Jace. Even though I hate him I can't deny he is pretty cool.

Jace looks over to our table in mid-sentence about the cafeteria having construction done later this month. His eyes sweep around until they meet mine. 

We've never looked each other dead in the eyes before. In that moment something clicks. Like everything in the world ceases to matter and exist. Jace's voice cuts off and he stands there staring into my eyes. Tingles erupt up and down my spine as a feeling of bliss goes throughout my body.

"He's our mate!" A voice that doesn't belong to me says in my head. On a normal day that would frighten me, but I have been expecting it. The first words from my wolf.

Up on the stage Jace's mouth drops open. At this point the whole cafeteria is staring wide eyed at us. The werewolves stare understandingly and the humans stare with confusion. Jace doesn't seem to notice though as he keeps staring into my eyes.

"mate!" His words come out in a choked growl, low enough that if I wasn't thinking the exact same thing i wouldn't have heard him at all. With one swift movement he jumps off the stage, hurtling directly at me.

______________________________________________________

Okay that was fun to write, I hope it was fun to read! Jace+ Riley :) So sorry I didn't go into detail on the wolf details because I figured you guys already know about mates and stuff. So how did you like it? 

And as always thanks for reading it, I really appreciate it! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 17.4K 20
This is the sequel to Sold To My Werewolf Mate!!!*** Brinley is the first female Alpha in her region. She is going to be tested to her limits. With t...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
22.3K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
355 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...