Rhythm Of Love || Bungou Stra...

By sxarletfate

GENDER NEUTRAL CHUUYA X READER SLIGHT!FANTASY AU --- "Nakahara Chuuya, you annoying fuck." "Fitzgerald (f... More

Disclaimer
- 0 -
- 1 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
-17 -
- - -
- AN -
- behind the scenes -

- 2 -

11.4K 459 638
By sxarletfate

"Fancy seeing you, come here often?" You tease, sliding off Taniyama.

Chuuya scoffs, skipping a stone three times before facing you. "I thought you were getting me a horse."

You roll your eyes, tying Taniyama up to a tree like before. "I never promised such a thing dear."

It's the day after your insane meeting and you forgot how annoying his face looked. You wish you could rip that permanent smirk off his damn face.

That's when Kishou neighs behind you. Chuuya's smirk widens, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you now?"

You pull Kishou's reigns from behind a tree, throwing the ropes at Chuuya's face.

"Yes, I did. You can borrow him, not own him." You snap. Chuuya takes the statement no mind, smiling as he slings himself over Kishou.

Kishou seems to take an immediate liking to Chuuya, not making any sign of anger or annoyance. You furrow your brows in confusion.

"What the hell? Kishou usually hates everyone that rides him... It took me hours before I could get him out of the stables..."

Chuuya laughs in victory, hands gripping the reigns tightly. I throw a stone from the lake at him, glaring murderously.

"Shut it short stack."

"Starting up the insults are we, horse hoarder?"

"I said shut up."

Another rock is thrown, but this time Chuuya touches it. The rock flies back at you and you quickly jump out of the way.

"Chuuya, I'm going to punch you in the fac-"

"God dammit let's just go for a ride." Chuuya snaps irritably.

You fold your arms, "But I tied up Taniyama."

"So then why would you bring another horse if you had no intention of riding your's?!"

You smile innocently, walking beside Kishou. You then slap Kishou's side.

"GO!"

Kishou bolts off and Chuuya- surprised beyond belief- falls off. He lands on his back, grunting in pain. You hold your stomach, bursting out in laughter. You laughter comes to the point where you're kneeling over, hardly able to breathe.

"I should've known there would be a twist.." Chuuya swears under his breath before you give him a hand.

"C'mon, let's go get Kishou, asshat. Then we can tour the forest." You flick his forehead with a smile.

You untie Taniyama from the tree, leading him through the trees with Chuuya by your side.

It took hours before the both of you found Kishou. He was pacing around a new clearing, loudly neighing and pawing at the dirt. Give him another hour and he could dig up all the flowers.

You sigh in defeat before whistling loudly, catching Kishou's attention. He carefully trots over to you and you dig through your satchel, quickly finding an apple. After feeding Kishou, you hand him over to Chuuya, promising that you won't pull the same trick.

No surprise, the trot with Chuuya is awkward beyond belief. You both look the other way, irritated with each other after trying to start small talk.

The both of you started talking at the same time. This went on for a few minutes before you shut him out completely.

A few minutes later, Taniyama and Kishou nudge heads. They bump into each other constantly and you try to steer Taniyama forward but to no avail.

"What the hell's wrong with the horses?" Chuuya questions.

"They're either good friends or are gay." You grumble, you leg crashing into Chuuya's for the nth time.

You both sigh in defeat at the same time, and it doesn't even bother you by then. The amount of annoyance you have for each other are equal, so your reactions would be similar at times.

"Hey..." Chuuya's voice knocks you out of your dejection.

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you go to the lake yesterday?" He asks. You turn your full attention to him, eyes wide like an owl.

"I... felt like it?"

"Don't make your answer sound like a question. Make it sound like an answer."

"I don't see why I have to tell you."

"Well, I'm pretty sure you broke my back."

"That was hours ago, you sissy."

Chuuya huffs, facing forward and ordering Kishou to move a bit faster. You glare at his back, wishing that it is broken.

'How very childish..'

"I didn't want to get married." You shout after Chuuya, kicking Taniyama's sides to ride along side Chuuya.

You block Chuuya's path, veering left in front of Kishou. "My parents want me to get married so that I can lead the family business, but I have better things to do."

You stare Chuuya dead in the eye, "Does that answer your question?"

He stares at you a moment, eyes wavering, before he sighs, "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

You smack his shoulder, getting out of the way. Nonetheless you smile against your will.

"Whatever, pipsqueak."

"Don't you dare."

---

Weeks after you find yourself immersed with Chuuya's company.

Dazai was left to deal with Atsushi's training. Yukichi and Kunikida were left to deal with the rest of the army's training, only following the written orders you drew up nights previously. It would only be a matter of time before your father ordered that you physically take part in the army's training and make sure Atsushi could hold his own in a fight.

So for now, bullying Chuuya and holding friendly conversations with him is a blessing. No matter how quirky or annoying he could be.

He'd started to warm up to you, biting back rude comments on occasions and refraining himself from punching you in the arm at times. You found his little actions amusing.

Today is another day with Chuuya. Kunikida raises the gates to let you, Taniyama, and Kishou through. You wave to him with a wide smile on your lips. Kunikida waves back.

When you arrive at the lake you find that Chuuya isn'there. It's strange because he's always there before you are. You take the fact no mind, he can't be early every day.

So you wait, skipping stones by the water's edge or climbing trees to see if Chuuya's in the area. Taniyama and Kishou become restless after a while of waiting, calming down only when you feed them an apple.

It's nearly been two hours since you've arrived and you get the idea by now.

'He's not coming...'

A small part of you feels disappointed, melancholy, bitter. But you know that he can't come all the time. Still, you hope that he would arrive any minute now.

He doesn't, and it's been another hour.

With a heavy sigh you untie Taniyama from the tree then follow after with Kishou.

"C'mon you two. The asshat isn't coming..."

A snap of a twig alerts you. You turn your head, knife drawn, only to erupt in a smile at the familiar sight of the fedora wearing prick.

"Well this is a bit awkward..." He comments, gesturing to himself.

"You're here!" You shout with glee, only to stop your excitement and march up to him. You punch him as hard as you can in the shoulder.

"What the hell. I had to wait for hours!" He rubs his now sore arm, apologetic smile on his face.

"Sorry, something came up for a bit."

You huff, "I thought you ditched me."

"What?" He gives you an incredulous look. "Are you stupid?"

"Hey-!"

"I'd never leave you."

~~~

hey guys! sorry updates have been weird, but im in australia right now for a little trip! its 10 days long ://

anyway, i was planning on updating every day since ive written so many chapters in advance (over 10) but i may have to change that to every other day until i get back home

so until i finish writing this book, itll have to be every other day or so until my return

au revoir!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 232 18
SOUKOKU. I haven't touched grass in hours 0//0 But anyways- TW: - suicide (duh💀) -smut (gets better as the story goes on) -self harm -gore - angst �...
9.7K 202 14
You didn't blame him again, The next morning you woke up with just a note left in the nightstand which says "You deserve the best and this couldn't d...
265 11 20
A glimpse behind Chuuya Nakahara's tough outer facade and into the softer side he tries to hide. This is a Chuuya x Reader. Reader's pronounce will b...
17.2K 667 104
Living life on automatic has always been comforting, until, the thread snaps, and you break the glass. Don't be surprised if you bleed while picking...