Alpha Mine

By MercyRose

For the most part Dava's led a happy life. She had everything that she needed; a loving family, a good home... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7, Part 1
Chapter 7, Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- Part 1
Chapter 11, Part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15, Part 1
Chapter 15, Part 2
Chapter 16, Part 1
Chapter 16, Part 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18, Part 1
Chapter 18, Part 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20, Part 1 of 3
Chapter 20 (Part 2 of 3)
Chapter 20 (Part 3 of 3)
Chapter 21 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 21 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 23 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 26 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 32 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 32 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 33, Part 1
Chapter 33, Part 2

Chapter 31

127K 4.5K 376
By MercyRose

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Edited by: LadyDawn

Chapter 31

The alarms were blaring loudly into the night.  The sound wouldn’t have been noticeable to human ears because the pitch was so high.  But to wolf ears, the sound was resounding and impossible to ignore.

Jason had all but pushed Dava and Blake to the safe house.  What was normally a twenty minute walk ended up being an eight minute run. Once they reached the house he tried to get both of them to go in the basement with the kids but neither female was having any of it.

Both being stubborn females they congregated with the five enforcers that had stayed behind to guard the women, kids and the elderly.

The alarms continued to scream into the night.

“We should be out there instead of hiding in here like cowards,” Blake said, her tone snippy.  “We’re young and we can fight.  Our pack needs us right now.”

Jason stepped away from the window and leveled a look in her direction.  “Give it up Blake.  You might as well sit that pretty little ass of yours down because you aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.”

She put both of her hands on her hips and snarled.  “I don’t know who you think you are but you can’t tell me what to do. If I want to go outside and fight then I’ll go. You can't stop me.”

Jason slowly stalked towards her.  His eyes never leaving hers. The tension in the room hiked up a few degrees.  He didn’t stop moving forward until they were standing toe to toe.

“You know who I am,” he said in a dangerous whisper loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

She jutted her chin in the air.  “I know who you think you are and I’m standing here to tell you right now that it isn’t going to happen. I already have a mate and you…are… not… him.”

He studied her for a minute and then cocked his head to the side.  “Do you want me to prove it?”

Blake didn’t back down and she didn’t blink.  Instead, she puffed her chest up and narrowed her eyes. “You wouldn’t dare.”

He barked out a condescending laugh.  “Oh, baby, you bet your sweet ass that I do and you’ll love every minute of it.”

“No,” she said cockily, “I won’t.”

Jason crossed the room in seconds, grabbing Blake by the arm, pulling her body flush against his.

She gasped from the current that electrified her skin every where their bodies seemed to touch.

Jason didn’t hesitate. Dipping his head low, he covered her mouth and took possession like a man on a mission.  He may not like it, but this conniving female was his mate and he wasn’t about to stand around and let her deny that fact.

She belonged to him and he would not let her forget it.

One taste.  That’s all it took and Blake was putty in her mate’s arms.  She may not have wanted to feel the connection between them but it was there.  It was there and it was a like a live wire igniting every inch of her skin.  

His tongue swept inside of her mouth, rubbing sensually against hers.  He tasted sweet and spicy, like ginger.  It was an addictive taste and she wanted more.  

But more wasn't what she was going to get. At least not right now.

“Argh!”  

A horrid sounding scream cut through Jason’s senses.  Ripping his mouth from his mate, he spun around on full alert.  Dava was on her knees, her hands covering her ears and her eyes closed.

She looked like she was in pain.

“Son of a bitch,” he cursed.  Leaving Blake standing there in a lust induced hazed, he crossed the room in three strides and knelt down in front of her. She was rocking back and forth, her eyes still tightly squeezed closed.

Grabbing her hands, he pulled them away from her ears.

Dava’s eyes popped open and she stared at him, tears slowly spilling down her cheeks.

Being this close to her he realized what he thought was once a mate bond was really the bond from their twin connection.  They were connected in a way that no others of their kind have been in a very long time. They shared the same womb but for most of their life they had been separated by circumstance.  

No more.  Now that he’d found his sister he would never let them be separated like that again.

“Dava,” he whispered gently, “What is it?  What’s happening?”

Now that he was touching her he could feel echoes of the pain that she was experiencing. It was horrible and he had a bad feeling he already knew without even asking her.  

“Something is wrong,” she cried.  

He used his thumb to wipe the tears from her cheek.  “What’s wrong?  Talk to me, Dava.”

She sniffed and tried to stand up.  When she lost her balance and stumbled, Jason was there, holding her steady by her elbow.  “It’s Adam, I can feel his pain through the mate bond. He’s hurt and it’s bad.  I can read his thoughts but I can feel his pain.”

“He’s an alpha by birthright.  Maybe he’s purposefully blocking his thoughts from you so you don’t worry too much?”

She was already shaking her head.  “No, it’s bad.  He’s out there somewhere and he’s dying.  I can feel it here,” she exclaimed, covering her heart with her hand. “I have to go to him. He needs me.”

“I can’t let you go out there.  I promised him that I’d take care of you.  He’s strong, you have to believe that he’s going to be okay.”

“No!” she suddenly yelled, her face morphing into a mask of determination and anger.  “You can not expect me to sit here while he’s out there injured and vulnerable.  He maybe an alpha but he’s still only a man.  He bleeds just like everyone else and he can die like everyone else.  I will not let him die.”

Jason shook his head. He could feel her pain but he made a promise and damn it, he planned to keep that promise.  “I’m sorry.  I can’t let you leave.  Your father and Uncle is out there too.  If anyone can help them, they can.  Just trust your fate in the Moon Goddess and this will all be over soon.”

Dava hesitated. What Jason said made sense but it went against all her instincts to just sit idly by and wait.  A few weeks ago she may have been able to do that but now that she was mated, it was impossible.  She couldn’t just leave him and wait for fate to run its course.

“Please,” she said, “Listen to me.  I’m not asking for your permission.  I’m telling you that in about sixty second I’m walking out that door and there is nothing that you can do to stop me. I’m going to my mate.”

Jason vehemently swore again. He could feel her determination pulsing in his veins.  The only way she wasn’t going out of here was if he knocked her unconscious.  Even then, he wasn’t sure that’d be enough to keep her down.

He jerked his head back to Blake who’d been silently watching their exchange. “You, stay here,” he demanded.  “If you try to leave then I’m instructing the enforcers to tie you down to a chair.  Understood?”

Blake snorted.  “They could try but I highly doubt any of them want to lose their balls.” She glanced over at the two enforcers guarding the door.  “Because if any of them come near me, that’s whats going to happen.  I’ll rip them off and then hand feed their balls to them.”

Jason’s shoulders dropped.  He couldn’t believe this was happening.  First his sister, now his mate.  “Are all females this difficult?”

“Yes,” both of them replied simultaneously.

“Damn, figures.”  He pointed at Blake. “You,” he said, will stay at my side and you will do everything I say.  If I say run, you better turn that pretty ass of yours around and start booking it.”  

He then turned around and looked at Dava.  “And you, if you think for one minute that I’m going to let you run off half-cocked in a battle untrained, then you're sadly mistaken. If we’re going to do this then we’re doing it by rules. Are we all in agreement?”

Blake rolled her eyes and waved her hand flippantly in the air.  “Whatever.  Time is something that we really don’t have to waste.  Can we get this show on the road?”

He narrowed his eyes on her but then waited for Dava’s agreement.  “What do you say?”

“Let’s go.” She was already heading for the door.  She could feel the bond with Adam getting weaker by the second.  Getting to him was her first priority.

The two enforcers glanced up at Jason.  “Are you sure about this,” Grady asked. “If something happens to her, Jared is going to be out for blood.  Your blood.”

“Yes, I’m sure, he bit out between tightly clenched teeth.  “I was the one put in charge of her care.  I’ll make sure she stays safe.”

“You’re funeral,” he said, opening the door.

Dava didn’t hesitate, she stalked out into the crisp night air with Blake hot on her heels.  She had a mate that needed her and damn it, she'd go through hell and back to get to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.4K 42
His hot breath against my skin made me snap out of my thoughts, especially when he placed both hands on my cheeks and rested his forehead against min...
274K 9.1K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
115K 5.4K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...