The Howls Of The Night. { Wer...

By Maroon1479

When Shawn was fourteen, his brother, Travis, changed into him into a werewolf so he'll be strong and defend... More

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Prologue.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Ten.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eleven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twevle.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fourteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fifteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Sixteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seventeen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eighteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nineteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty-Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Epilogue.

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty One.

27.7K 678 56
By Maroon1479

Makenna and I walked into school together and some wolves waved at us. Parentally everyone wolf think I’m some badass for taking on Beta Kaleb.

Makenna looked annoyed, “Dylan say I have ‘training’ to do. He say he wants me to work on my speed by running around the field after school. He’ll be here and I’m not looking forward to it.”, she said. “I hope he’s not bossy.”,

I chuckled and pulled my little mate closer to me, “How about I’ll do the running with you? I’m suffer with you.”,

“Okay, deal. But you can’t go faster then me since it’ll be unfair.”, she said.

“Have you been not listen to Travis? I’m a great wolf for my speed. I’m as fast as lighten!”, I said, throwing my arm around quickly and she just shook her head and chuckled.

I smelt another wolf coming up from behind and it wasn’t Hayden. It was Miranda. She came up next to Makenna and wrapped her arm around Makenna’s, “Oh my God, Makenna, I’m so sorry I didn’t come to the gathering Saturday. I had to get a manicure, but I’ll come to the next one so we can hang out!”,

“What are you talking—oh, your also one.”, Makenna said.

Miranda smiled friendly at her, “Yeah, I am. Oh my God, I love you shirt, it's so cute!”, she said, pointy at blue and white flannel shirt. “It totally goes with your sexy black boots.”, she said, pointy down at Makenna black snow boots.

“Um…thanks.”, Makenna said awkwardly.

“So,” Miranda said. “I heard Alpha Dylan your daddy! You must be so glad and happy! He is rich and powerful, a great Alpha to win this war. Don’t underestimate how strong your daddy is cause he’s stronger then you think.”,

“I wasn’t.”, Makenna said. She looked up at me confused and a look for help before turning back to Miranda, “Um,”

“Oh and what happened with me and Shawn was nothing! Believe me, he’s all yours now! Girlfriends don’t do that to they’re friends.”, she said, bumping her hip into Makenna playfully.

Does she really think she can be friends with Makenna now that she knows who her father is? Makenna way to smart to believe that.

“Um,” Makenna said. She slipped her arm out Miranda, “Well, okay. Bye.”,

Miranda continued, “Lets sit together at lunch. We can talk and gossip about anything and everything. I love to know where you got your hair done.”,

Makenna looked annoyed the whole time we as we walked into the sophomore hallway and I could tell she wishes Miranda would go away. She doesn’t want to be rude and tell her to back off.

“We should have a sleep over this weekend.”, Miranda said excitedly!

“Can’t!’, Makenna said a little to quickly. Her cheeks pinked up, “Um, I mean, I can’t. Family stuff.”, she said.

“Oh,” she said. “I understand. Text me sometime, though.”, she said as she quickly hugged Makenna and left.

When she was far enough, Makenna did fake shivers, making me laugh. “Jeez, I thought she was annoying before, now I think she’s made that scale ten times more worse. I’m going to a need a long shower tonight.”,

~

Makenna was half way around the track already in less thirty seconds and I was kind of in press. It was her sixth time around it and she was tired, but didn’t give up. I couldn’t stop myself from watching her butt. Call me pervert, but I couldn’t help it.

Alpha Dylan must have noticed because he pushed me by my shoulder and I stumbled a little, “Eyes up, Shawn.”, he warned.

‘Yes, sir.”, I said.

By the time Makenna was back at us, it was fifty five seconds. “How’d I do this time?”, she asked breathless. Alpha Dylan showed her the time and she smiled, “Three seconds less. Now,” she said, taking the water bottle from my and taking a drink. “No more. I like being active, but running was never my thing.”,

“Fine,” Alpha Dylan said. “Now to start climbing anyways.”, he said and Makenna has this horror look on her face.

~

“Your insane.”, Makenna said to Alpha Dylan when he told her to climb a tree. We were in the woods and he just told her to climb up a tree. Wolves are flexible and can climb like a cheetah actually.

He chuckled, “No, I’m not. You said you wanted to feel more like a wolf, well, climbing a wolf thing. Now, climb.”,

“Let me ask you one question.”, she said. “Are you looking for a way to break my neck cause that’ll happen if I try to get my butt up there. Remember what happen in gym class almost a month ago?”,

“Yes,” he said, placing an arm on her shoulder. “But Shawn caught you and if you fall, you’ll have to wolves with face reflexes to catch you.”,

She scowled at him, “I’m blaming you if I fall to my mom.”,

He chuckled, “Deal.”,

Her lips pressed tightly together as they moved to one side as she turned to face the tree, “One problem.”, she said.

“What?”, we asked.

“I wont be able to lift my big butt up there.”, she said and my eyes couldn’t help but drift to her butt. Her butt was pretty big, but in a good way. Hmm, I could just imagine her in tight boy shorts.

Alpha Dylan smacked me upside the head and I winced, moving my eyes to the ground. He went up next to her and bent down, “Here, put one foot on my hands and I’ll lift you.”,

Her cheeks blushed, “N-no, I’m a little to…heavy.”, she said, her hands going to her tiny bump of a belly.

I rolled my eyes, “Makenna, you’re not fat. You’re just built like that. I think your gorgeous just like that and I care that your healthy.”,

“And if I can tackle a two hundred and fifty pound man, I can easily lift you.”, Alpha Dylan said. “Now come on, your procrastinating.”,

She sighed, “Fine.”, she said, putting one foot on his hands and she grabbed the closest branch. He helped her up and she easily got on the branch and sat. “Okay, I did it! Time to get done—“, she said when she was about to hop off, but Alpha Dylan chuckled and grabbed her right knee, stopping her.

“I don’t think so, go higher. Trust me, it’ll be fine.”,

She groaned, “Fine.”,

She got up and slowly starting climbing. We watched her, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Saturday. I can’t believe a war with Nike going to happen and it’s all my fault. But any wolf would have done the same thing when it comes to his or her mate. It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact.

I looked at Alpha Dylan, “Sorry about Saturday, it’s all my fault.”,

He sighed deeply and looked at me, “No, Shawn, it isn’t. This war was going to happen anyways no matter what. Even, I wouldn’t have given Makenna up. I got it handle, though. I’m discussing with Michgan and few of the eastern packs for back up. It’ll be hard and it’s going to cost a lot of money, but I got it. But I will say you just became enemies with Beta Kaleb and can probably never step foot in New York.”, he said, chuckling.

I chuckled, “Well, I have no family there, so I’m all good I guess. But how do these wars actually play out. Do wolves just attack each other or something?”,

He sighed heavily, “Like that. Many from both parties will threaten each other. Others would go to the packs and right for honor for they’re packs. It’s one huge massacre and dangerous. You wouldn’t know who to trust and you’ll be in paranoia of groups of wolves attacking and burning down forest or homes.”,

“Damn,” I breathed out and he nodded.

“Yeah, but if I get help and more protection to guard the boards everywhere of Indiana, we’ll be safe right now until I can figure out something to do with Alpha Cylde.”, he said.

“Well, if there anything I can help with, I’ll do it. I may be young, but I am fast.”,

He gave one chuckle, “I just want you to protect Makenna. She’s very important to me and I’ll be damned if Kaleb ever gets his hands on my daughter. I don’t want that spoil brat to ever look at her again like how he did Saturday.”,

“Believe me, I don’t want that either.”, I told him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but we heard a branch freaking along with Makenna screaming. Our heads snapped up to see her falling and Alpha Dylan held out his arms which she fell in. She squealed and held onto him, “I knew I shouldn’t have stepped on the branch!”, she shakily said as she hid her head in the crocks of his shoulder and neck.

Alpha Dylan chuckled, “You’re okay, Makenna. You can’t say that wasn’t fun, though.”,

She moved her head away and scowled him, “Not that point! It was dangerous.”,

“Such a kill joy like you mom.”, he said as he tsk and shook his head. “Danger runs threw your blood, Makenna. It’s why I made you climb the tree.”,

She winced at him as she glared at him, “Your so evil. You could have at least said that!”,

He smirked, “Now where would be the fun of that?”,

She just pressed her lip together tightly and shook her head at him.

~

I was over at Makenna house tonight for dinner and Makenna was telling Cassie what Dylan did today and Cassie scowled at him.

“Why does Hayden joke about mating?”, Makenna randomly asked. We all raised an eyebrow at her and her cheeks pinked up and she shrugged innocently, “What? I’m just wondering? Why does he joke about it so much? It’s like he hates it or something.”,

Alpha Dylan took a sip of his soda, “That’s because of his mate moved away.”,

All three of ours eyes widen, “What?”,

I didn’t know Hayden had a mate already. He never talks about this girl and I’m wondering why. Wolves loves to brag about they’re mates. So why hasn’t he mentions her before? And Makenna right, he jokes about mating so much and saying he’ll never have one.

Alpha Dylan nodded, “Yeah, he does. It happened when he was young. The girl name is Delilah and her family moved away after a couple of month of living here.”,

“Wait,” Makenna said, sounding interested. “As in Delilah Kings? Blonde and hazle eyed?”,

Alpha Dylan nodded, “Yeah, she swore I was a some hitman and part of the mafia or something, so they didn’t bring around me much though. You knew her?’,

“Well, yes. She was in the same grade as I was, but in different class. I saw her sometime in the play ground at recess with Hayden, but I never thought it was like that. Is that why Hayden was homeschooled the rest of the year after she left?”, she asked. “Because Delilah left?”,

He nodded, “Yeah. Hayden didn’t know she was his mate until she kissed him and she was gone. She didn’t tell him she was leaving and he flipped when Cassidy told him. He broke his window and starting throwing things around. The next day when he went to say goodbye and can get they’re new house number, they were already gone. Hayden was so upset and lost, they had to home school him since he refuse to go to school.”,

“Oh my God.”, Cassie said.

He nodded, “Yeah, that’ll happen to mated couples. It how I was when you left me. I was so depressed and thought life was over for me until Makenna was born.”,

“I feel horrible now.”, Makenna said and we all gave her confused looks. “I kind of wishes he never come back to school when I found out he was home schooled, but now I feel like a horrible person.”,

Alpha Dylan just smiled and put his hand on her shoulder and patted it, “It’s okay, you didn’t know. But I suggest you both don’t mention her to him. He hates remembers about her. It’s why he puts on that smartass tough talk and I-don’t-care-for-mating stuff cause he lost his mate.”,

~

I looked down at Makenna and she had this sad look on her face. We were in the living room watching a movie with the lights off and the tv showed light. Her parents were in the bedroom watching a movie in there.

I leaned down to her, “Are you okay?”, I asked.

She looked up at me, “Yeah, it’s just…could what happen to Hayden ever happen to us?”,

I raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

She hesitate for a second, “You wont leave me, right? I mean, you wont grow tired of me or something?”,

I smiled down at her, “Makenna, I can’t even go a night without you. Why do you think I’m so happy to see you at school? It’s cause I want and need to be around. So no, I wont ever leave you and what happened to Hayden will never happen to us.”,

“Even though what’s happening? You wont just pack up and leave?”, she asked. “From what I’m hearing, this war is dangerous.”,

“I joined Alpha Dylan pack cause I wanted to and to be with your. Even, the thought of leaving you just brings pain to my chest. It hurts way to much. And now that’s your marked, we’re stuck together now.”, I said chuckling and she just smiled.

“I guess that’s true.”, she said and I kissed her.

---------

Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 438 30
Highest rank: #270 in Horror - A collection of two sentence horror stories all written by me. Many of these are in the genre of Horror, intending to...
3.8K 801 200
[Updates Daily] THE FINALE BEGINS!!! After losing friends and family, fighting in two wars, and suffering through more than they could possibly imagi...
97K 6.2K 79
Cody Forester plans to become a doctor. Instead, he becomes a werewolf. The first time Cody shows fang and fur, his parents ship him off to Loxahatch...
252K 7K 31
Let me introduce myself: hello, I am Rue. And this is my life. I am alpha of my pack meaning I have control over everything, expect when one day I di...