Where My Demons Hide

By AspiringAlina

Luna Scott can't forget about the boy, Haiden Jaeger, who helped her through her dark times. He suddenly disa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1.2K 67 6
By AspiringAlina

I was stuck at home since Blake was insistent on keeping me there. He didn't trust me, I knew, which hurt. It also hurt that he was limiting my freedom. Blake was changing and deep down, I knew it was for the worse.

"Luna," Blake said next to me on my bed. "I'm going to a meeting today."

A smile began to appear on my face as I looked at him, surprised. Finally. Finally I would be able to leave the house. His words were the best news ever.

"Really?" I asked, pouting. "You are?"

"Yeah, but we'll only be gone for a few hours," he said, smiling as he ruffled my hair. "We'll be back before you know it."

I pretended to be sad and Blake quickly hugged me. He then told me he needed to get ready, so he left the room. When there was no sight of him, I did a little happy dance and got up. Excitement filled me and I knew it had been too long since I'd seen Haiden.

Going downstairs, I went to see Peter and Chelsea. Wanting to know specifically how long they'd be gone, I went to where they were in the kitchen. They were dressed in a suit and dress, so delightedly I realized they'd be gone for all of dinner.

"Hey Luna," Chelsea said upon seeing me, smiling. "Did Blake tell you we're leaving?"

"Yeah, he just did," I said. "He didn't say for how long, however."

"For four hours," she answered. "It's a long meeting. We're going over ways to improve our business."

At the thought of the cafe, I couldn't help but feel offended. Still I wondered why I wasn't invited to attend the meetings. I thought I was an important member, but it seemed like I wasn't. Knowing I would be bothered about it for a while, I decided to be straight up and ask.

    "If you don't mind me asking, how come I'm not allowed to attend meetings?" I asked.

    Chelsea froze and Peter looked at me from where he was at the fridge. Both of them looked uneasy and I wondered if their answer would be that I wasn't actual family. Although I knew that, it would hurt. So looking down, I hoped to get their answer over with.

"Luna, it's not like you're not allowed," Chelsea said, sounding cautious of her words. "But..."

"Hey Mom and Dad!" Blake shouted, storming down the stairs. "What should I-"

Suddenly the front door flew open with a slam, causing me to jump. The Daniels whirled to look at the door and in came Lydia and another member of The Demons, Dashawn. He was the handsome one with chocolate coloured skin. I would've been in awe of his looks, but he looked ready to kill as Lydia and him walked towards us.

Blake ran towards me and he hugged me. I wondered why and tried to move away, but he wouldn't let me go. I stayed in his arms, staring at Lydia and Dashawn who had now reached the kitchen.

"You," Peter said, his voice full of hate. "What are you two doing here?"

"You know why we're here," Lydia said, smirking. "The real question is, will we get what we want without a fight?"

To my utter surprise, Peter pulled out a gun from his suit jacket. Chelsea followed his lead and pulled out a thin sword from beneath her skirt. My eyes went wide as they stepped forward, looking ready to fight. I couldn't believe my own eyes.

Blake held me tighter and he whispered into my ear, "We're going to be okay. Don't be scared. My parents got this."

More shock filled me as I realized Blake wasn't surprised by what his parents were doing. He seemed confident in their abilities, which left me gaping at the scene in front of me. Was this what Haiden meant about my guardians? Was this their secret?

"Did we answer your question?" Peter asked.

"You demon slayers always have to be violent, don't you?" Lydia said, rolling her eyes. "You guys never know when to realize fighting is useless."

    "That's funny, coming from you," Chelsea said. "Look at how many innocent people you've killed."

    "Those people are far from innocent," Lydia hissed.

    Suddenly, Peter shot at Lydia and she quickly dodged it. Her eyes filled with hate as she glared at Peter, looking ready to kill him. Then she lunged towards him, causing Chelsea to swing her sword at her. Lydia rolled out of the way, but I saw her calf was cut.

   "Do something Dashawn!" Lydia screamed.

    Blood from her wound dripped onto the tiled floor and suddenly, the air filled with the smell of something burning. My eyes flew to Dashawn and my jaw dropped when I saw his hands and feet were on fire.

    "Dashawn, don't go there," Peter said, aiming his gun at him.

   Dashawn simply grunted and Peter paled. He then began to walk toward Peter and panic hit me. Dashawn was a hug guy and there was no doubt he could knock Peter out with a slap. He was screwed and there had to be something I could do to help.

   But then, Peter suddenly aimed his gun at Lydia and shot. The bullet hit her already wounded leg and she let out a piercing scream, causing me to wince. With wide eyes, I stared at Lydia who was now sprawled on the ground.

   "Come any closer and I'll shoot her again," Peter threatened, his eyes dark.

Dashawn stopped walking and I noticed unease was now written across his face. To my surprise, I realized we had won. My guardians had somehow defeated two members of a criminal gang. This was unbelievable.

"Chelsea," I heard Peter mutter so quietly I could barely hear. "Your sword can cut through fire, so attack Dashawn as I talk to him. It's time to end this gang."

My heart stopped. Although Dashawn was a stranger, my guardians' plan made me upset. The Demons weren't prefect, but they didn't deserve death. No one deserved death without any opportunity of redemption.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything to save Dashawn, but suddenly I heard, "Stop!"

All of our eyes went to the front door and we saw Haiden walking towards us, his face serious. But because I knew him well, I saw the hint of panic in his eyes. Pain at that filled me.

    Haiden soon reached the kitchen and he went to Dashawn's side. Dashawn was no longer on fire and he was staring at Haiden, looking ready to follow Haiden's order. At that, I knew Haiden was truly the leader.

    Haiden looked at the scene before him. To my disappointment his eyes skimmed over me, but I knew I wasn't his priority at the moment. As his eyes landed on Lydia and fear filled them, I knew Lydia needed serious medical help. I was a no one in this situation and like Blake said, I was definitely clueless.

    "Haiden Jaeger," Peter said, bringing Haiden's attention to him. "What an honour to finally meet you."

    "Look, I'll get straight to the point," Haiden said, growing serious. "My gang will stay away from your home if you let me take Lydia. If you let all of us leave without a fight, I swear we'll leave your home alone."

   "Haiden!" Lydia squeaked out. "We can't!"

    Haiden shot her a look that silenced her. He was all business and I stared at him, seeing the side of him that earned him a spot in a gang. I didn't know how to feel about this side.

    "How can we trust you?" Chelsea asked.

    "Well, you either trust us or your son won't be walking in a couple of minutes," Haiden said, causing Blake to stiffen.

    My eyes widened with horror and I stared at Haiden, wishing he'd look at me. I couldn't believe he was threatening my friend. I couldn't believe how serious Haiden was about it too.

    Peter and Chelsea looked at each other, looking for an answer, and soon they were nodding. Obviously they'd agree to what Haiden wanted. To keep their son safe, they would. I didn't like the fact Haiden got his way through a threat.

    "Fine," Peter said. "Leave and never come back."

    Haiden didn't say anything as he walked to Lydia. He picked her up and carried her bridal style, walking towards the door. Dashawn followed him, looking like a lost puppy.

    The Daniels and I watched them and I felt my heart drop. We were enemies. It was obvious from the tension between The Daniels and The Demons. And to my disappointment, I didn't know whose side I was on.

    I began to yearn for Haiden as he began to leave through the door, but to my surprise, he looked at me. My heart stopped as the look he gave me was one filled with longing. I wasn't sure of what he was hoping for, but that single look kept me dedicated to him. Because even now, even when my family was against him, I would remain at his side. Solely because he was at mine when the world seemed to be against it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 9.9K 41
(Sequel to Luna) Paisley doesn't know what she ever did to deserve this. She has been locked in a cellar for seven years. She hasn't seen the light o...
9.5K 89 71
He thought she was weak. He loved her deeply. She loved him. He broke her and she left. He regretted it and will do anything to get his family back...
126K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
4.3K 165 19
Boy on boy story Caspin found his mate in Alpha to be Jack, who is also his best friend but what he wasn't planning on was having a stupid best frien...