A Master Of Mischief ~ George...

By xXMade2LoveXx

Maddie has grown up without her mother and father, living with Remus Lupin. Her father is Sirius Black and so... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 75

34K 704 328
By xXMade2LoveXx

Happy Birthday to Maddie! Yes, that's right! Today (20th of December) is Maddison's birthday! Hooray! In honour of this occasion, I'm going to put up TWO chapters today! Aren't I amazing? :D

___________________________________________________________________________

**George’s POV**

“And I think it would really help with the sales.”

“I don’t know,” Maddie says thoughtfully, bouncing Alithea on her knee, “the theory works, but-”

“We’d definitely have to iron out some kinks,” Fred agrees, “but overall-”

“It’s not a bad idea,” Maddie concludes.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder who the twins are.

“Speaking of ideas,” Fred says with an eye roll, “Mum wants us all back for Christmas.”

“We always spend Christmas at the Burrow,” I point out.

“Yeah, but she wants us all there for the holidays,” he says, “I think she just wants more people for Fleur to talk to.”

We all exchange glances and then laugh.

“We might as well,” Maddie shrugs, “if everyone doesn’t mind a noisy, sick baby.”

“Mum’ll be delighted,” Fred says, “she’s been trying to get me to move back in. Reckons she’s getting lonely.”

“She has Order members passing through all the time,” I point out, “apparently Tonks is rarely away from the place.”

“I dunno,” Fred shrugs, “I don’t even know how we’ll all fit.”

“Who’s going to be there?”

“Bill, Fleur, Harry, Ron and Hermione-”

“Not Hermione,” I interrupt, “she’s spending Christmas with her parents.”

“Why’s that?” I ask, surprised. Hermione, Ron and Harry are inseparable.

“Apparently Ron has a girlfriend,” Maddie shrugs.

“WHAT?!” Fred and I leap to our feet.

“Why didn’t you tell us this?” I ask.

“Because I know you’ll only give him hell about it.”

“Who is it?” Fred asks eagerly. Maddie cracks a grin.

“Lavender Brown.”

“You’re joking!” I laugh, “Lavender Brown?”

Fred is doubled over in laughter. Maddie shoots him a look, half amused, half reprimanding.

We all sober up as the shop bell tinkles.

“How may we help- Oh, hi Mum,” Fred says.

“Hello dear,” Mum says, stretching up to give him a kiss on the cheek, “George! Come here.”

I allow myself to be pulled into a strangle hold – uh, hug. Mum kisses Maddie and Alithea and then turns to us all.

“I suppose Fred’s already told you about Christmas?” she asks.

“Yeah, he has,” I nod, sitting on the desk next to Maddie.

“Oh, good, when can we expect you?”

Before I can answer an owl swoops in and drops a letter in my lap.

“It’s for you,” I say, handing it to Maddie, “we’ll come over on the twenty-first-”

“Oh, no dear, we’re going to have a celebration for Maddie’s birthday!” Mum cries, “how about you come around lunchtime on her birthday and-”

“I have to go,” Maddie interrupts, handing Alithea to me, “Order stuff.”

She bolts out the door. Mum takes Alithea and begins rocking her.

“Anyway,” I say slowly, “yeah, that sounds fine.”

“Oh, good,” Mum says happily, “Ron, Harry and Ginny will arrive home from Hogwarts that afternoon, so we can have a nice big dinner.”

“Sounds great, I wonder what Order stuff?” I mutter.

“Oh, probably something trivial,” Mum says lightly.

***

I wake the next morning and roll over to find Maddie curled up next to me. She looks tired and there’s a smudge of dirt on her nose. I get out of bed as quietly as I can and get dressed in the hallway. I check Alithea – she’s dead to the world – and sneak downstairs to make breakfast. It’s two days until Maddie’s birthday and I haven’t gotten her a present yet.

Time to Panic.

“Got her something yet?” Fred asks without looking up as I apparate into the shop.

“Not yet.”

“Slack! Even I’ve gotten her something,” Fred says with a shake of his head.

“What did you get her?” I ask.

“You’ll just have to wait and see.”

I shake my head at him and begin racking my brain to think of something to get her. While most people start dropping hints as to what they’d like, Maddison always avoids the subject. I think she hopes people will forget.

“I have no idea,” I mutter as a few customers come in and begin looking around, “I’m going for a walk.”

I leave Diagon Alley and enter the muggle world. I stroll down the street, hoping for a miracle. As I round a corner I’m hit by a wave of perfume. I look at the shop that it’s coming from.

It looks like a shop for girls.

I step inside and look around. The lady at the counter looks me over once before smiling somewhat nervously – because of my good looks, my robes have nothing to do with it.

“Can I help?”

“Um, I’m looking for a present for my wife,” I reply. She raises an eyebrow at the word wife. Yes, I’m eighteen and married. Yes, it’s weird, get over it.

“Okay, well, what are you looking for?”

A present for my wife?!

“I don’t really know,” I admit.

“Well, we have an excellent range of candles, soaps, perfumes…”

Candles, huh?

“You’re welcome to browse.”

“Thanks,” I say, walking over to the candles. There’re huge ones about a metre long – obnoxious, in my opinion – small ones in the shape of flowers, scented ones, rainbow ones, glittery ones and – I stop. There’s a small candle holder covered with mirrors. It’s simple, but beautiful. Next to it is a jasmine scented candle. Maddie’s favourite smell is jasmine.

I decide while I’m here I might as well look for a Christmas present. I look at the soaps and chose one that is shaped like a cupcake and for that have different patterns.

“Is that all?” the lady asks, smiling.

“Uh, yeah, thanks,” I reply.

“That’ll be thirty five pounds. Would you like it gift wrapped?” she offers.

“Sure,” I nod, secretly relieved that I don’t have to wrap it, “can you do them separately?”

“Of course,” she smiles.

Secretly rejoicing in the fact I have a muggle-obsessed father, I fish into my pockets for some muggle money.

Don’t ask why I carry it with me, I have no idea.

I stare at the notes, a little confused.

“Not from around here?” the lady asks. I shake my head.

Yeah, I told a lie. Sue me.

“Here,” she takes the notes and counts out the right amount.

“Thanks,” I say, taking the two bags from the counter.

“Get her something?” Fred asks as I walk in the door and stash the bags under the counter, “what is it?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see,” I grin.

“Hey guys,” Maddie walk in the door, still looking tired, holding Alithea in a lying position.

“She still sick?” I ask leaning over my daughter.

“Yeah, she’s been coughing and sneezing all morning,” Maddie replies, handing her over, “how can I help?”

“You look tired,” I say. She shrugs.

“I’m alright,” she says, stifling a yawn. Alithea whines in my arms and clutches at the front of my robes.

“This is the closest I’ve ever seen her acting like a normal baby,” Fred comments, looking at her with interest.

“She is normal!” I exclaim.

“No she’s not,” they both say.

“She’s a genius,” Maddie says, leaning against the desk, “a complete genius.”

I look down at my sleeping daughter and smile.

“She’s perfect,” I say. Fred laughs.

“Duh, that’s what happens when you love someone.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 20.9K 133
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ϟ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
1.8K 5 48
Josephine (Josie) Black, daughter of Sirius Black, is excited to begin her journey at Hogwarts, but nervous about not having any friends. That is unt...
1.7K 29 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...
209 6 11
She never thought it'd be able to fall in love with him but he made it possible. After years of being in the shadows and being ridiculed because of h...