The Flock Experience

By sagariolily

*Book 3 of PJF* Fire and Sea go as far west One shall go through many trails and test A message in mist makes... More

The dreams and the quest
Follow the White Rabbit
The elements reunite
Unsought Emotions
Great, what now?
Trouble with Service
Friend or Foe?
The haunting past
Guilt and a depressing phone call
The Agent
Suspicion
The family split
Epilogue
Book 4

The new jobs?

618 22 7
By sagariolily

Fang hugged mom back.

"I told uncle Charlie but he didn't believe me, he thought it was a copping mechanism for Evan's suppose death. I didn't want to get your hopes up, I'm sorry." I rubbed my arm as I looked away in shame.

After telling mom all that had happened and how we still needed to finish the quest.

"Wait, so both of you are in danger." Mom let out a breath of air. "I guess it can't be helped." Mom stood up and got two pieces of jewelry; a bracelet and a necklace.

"Percy, this bracelet was passed down from my great grandfather to my grandmother who gave it to my uncle Richard, who in turn gave it to me before dying. I want you to have it." She handed the leather cord to me. Hieroglyphics were written on them.

"Ra damn it. Why this of all things?"

"Evan, I-I always wanted to give you this to you. My mother handed this to me the last time I saw her. My mother always told me it would protect me, and she was right. Every time I was in trouble I would always come out unharmed. I want you to hold this until it's your turn to hand it to your child, same goes to you Percy." Mom smiled and kissed us both in the forehead.

"Now, I want you two to be safe, I know the rest of you need to go," mom motioned to the flock as they were eating the cookies. "Evan, you have my blessing. Percy, take care of them. Leo, I'll call your mother and tell her about the two of you."

I smiled as she gave each of us a hug. "Bye mom!" Fang and I yelled as we ran towards the door, the flock waving at my mortal family.

"Thank you." I smiled as Fang touched the necklace.

"What's that sound?" Iggy asked, concentrating. "It's music. Is there music below us? How could we hear it, way up here?"

Central Park was huge, I should know, we had a war near it. At one end, in a clearing, I could see an enormous crowd of people. Huge floodlights were shining over them.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the concert the Taylor twins were going to have today, Friday, and Saturday. Good thing it's getting close to Christmas." I replied to them as their heads snapped down to the crowd.

"Oh, so cool! Can we go? Please, Max, please? A real concert! And it's the Taylor twins!"

The park was pretty dark. There were hundreds of thousands of people down there. This could be our advantage if we face Erasers.

"Sure/ Yes." Max and I both answered. "Try to come down right behind a floodlight's beam, so we won't be seen.

We landed silently among a group of thick-trunked oaks. After a quick head count, Leo led the way, being the oldest, as the flock folded their wings and I made mine dissolve.

I looked to see the others having fun until I felt someone's hands on my arm. I turned to see a woman in a professional outfit.

"You're late." Excuse me?
I listened as the music was about to end, the woman dragged me behind stage.

"You are the new star singer, right?"

"Uh--perfect, what's your name kid?--Percy Jackson, but---well get on stage." I saw pushed to one of the twins, Natalie Taylor I believe.

"Hey! Your here!" I gave her a look of confusion. What's going on?!

"Hey guys, this is our friend, what's your name again?" She whispered the last thing to me. "Percy Jackson, but---Percy Jackson and he will be performing a song for you!"

What! No! I didn't sign up for this!

The mic was put in front of me. As I got hold of a violin started to play, then the drums and the guitar. I sighed in defeat and started to sing one of the poems I wrote when I was younger and changed it a bit.

"You reside in grand disguises
Just to get, get away from it all
Falsify the life you're hiding
Just to get, get away from it all
But the truth we pursue as we all beg you to

Kill the lights, kill the actor, kill the actress
I'm afraid that the spotlight dried you up, whoa, whoa oh"

I could see from here the flocks expression of me being on stage next to the Taylor twins.

"Shut your mouth, you make me sick with
All the lies, all the lies that you spill
Slip and fall, I'll watch you drown in
All the lies, all the lies that you spill"

I was actually having fun with this, I even saw some people record my singing. I looked to my right to see the woman that dragged me here smile.

"As you're tongue-tied, did you believed it?
False pride never existed
Now I am cutting ties clean off
And I can breathe at last

So we all stand enthralled by this bland curtain call
And the truth we pursue as we all, we all beg you to

Kill the lights, kill the actor, kill the actress
I'm afraid that the spotlight dried you up, whoa, whoa oh

Don't even think about it
Don't even think about it, no
We're begging you
To kill the lights, kill the actor, kill the actress
Or kill us all

Stop there and peer inside of me
You'll find a man once lost at sea
But all the while I would think to myself
It's not the end, it's not the end at all"

I blushed lightly as they started to chant my name, some girls literally screamed my name.

"So sick of nothing going right
Sail on along into the night
Not even death could stand in the way
You never even tried in the first place

Kill the lights, kill the actor, kill the actress
I'm afraid that the spotlight dried you up, whoa, whoa oh

Don't even think about it
Don't even think about it, no
We're begging you
To kill the lights, kill the actor, kill the actress
Or kill us all
Or kill us all
Or kill us all"

With that the concert ended, the woman walked up to me. "Your not the singer we were expecting were we." She knew the answer, why was she asking.

"Sorry, I did try to tell you, but then you pushed me." She smiles at me as the guy next to her glares at me.

"I was supposed to preform---but you did bring more people to the concert then Caleb was going to bring, so you got yourself a job!"

"What!" Caleb and I yelled, me in surprise and Caleb in rage.

"Welcome to Mana Records, you are going to be a star kid!"

What if I don't want to be a star? What if I just want to go back to the flock?

"Percy!"

"Evan! I'm so sorry little bro, I was dragged to the stage, literally," I said giving the woman a pointed look.

"And apparently I got a job, a record deal, to be exact."

"That was awesome," Nudge said happily.

"Yeah," I said miserably.

"I'll wait tomorrow at 2 at the Mana Records headquarters to sign the deal Mr. Jackson." With that she left.

Great, just great,can thing get--" I think you should do it." My head snapped to see Max looking at me with respect.

"This could actually be good for you--but I haven't even finished high school! You know what? Fine, but we need to go to sleep first. I think Iggy is getting a headache with all the noise around."

Max looked guilty at the blind strawberry blonde teen. "Sorry Iggy, but maybe you'll get used to it soon. And Nudge, this isn't a pleasure trip. Our goal is to find the Institute."

"How are we going to do that?" Leo asked. I suddenly laughed at the realization.

They all gave me questionable looks. "Fire and Sea go far west, which we did. One shall go through many trials and test, which is still happening. A message of mistakes makes a heart to stone, which hasn't happened yet. Brother and sister found in the blood flown, which was Leo and Monique. Fire burns bright as the hawk leads the others, meaning Leo will be the force but the true leader is Max. Raven's rage flows as a heart stops and glitters, now that one can mean many things, but what. Don't you get it Leo! The prophecy is almost complete!" With that we all went to sleep in the park.

Three hours later I was borde out of my mind,I was the only one awake, since again I only need three hours of sleep.

I reached into one of my scrolls and took out money from it to buy food for the blackholes that are the flock.

When I came back they slipped down from the trees and casually wandered the paths. As we walked I gave them some cinnamon buns to eat since that was actually something I bought.

I glanced to the female clown that was starting at Angel, the woman made eye contact with a sleek, dark-haired guy strolling down a path. I shared a look with Max, she noticed too huh.

"Hey Gazzy?" The Gasman hummed as he took a bite out of some of the food I gave him.

"Want me to give you a piggyback ride?" His eyes lid up and he nodded. I nodded at Max as she whispered to Iggy and got Angel's hand. Fang glanced at me and Gazzy, who was now on my shoulders. Leo got Nudge's hand  as we all met on the path and sped up our pace. One glace behind me and I saw the male and female following us.

"Run!" I didn't need to be told twice. Gazzy yelled in glee as I ran faster then even the Erasers, well that's what happens when you're a werewolf.

Di immortales, now there is three of them.

"Four of them," I mumbled. "Pour it on, guys!" Fang yelled.

"Six of them!" Max yelled. I grabbed Max's and Fang's hands. "Leo! You know what to do!" He nodded as we ran faster, becoming a blur to some.

"Oh come on! Eight of them!" Leo yelled. "Leo! Left, the zoo!"

I slowed down, letting the flock catch their breath. We melted smoothly into the horde of schoolkids. Fang, Iggy, Leo, Max, and I ducked down to be shorter, we all wormed our way into the middle of the group, so we were surrounded by other kids.

I lowered Gazzy to the ground as I looked back to see the Erasers spread out and were searching for us, looking frustrated. I saw a camera crew recording a scene inside the zoo, I shook my head. Really? Right now when people are being hunted down.

One of the Big creeps tried to push past the policeman at the zo gate, but the cop blocked his way. "School day only." I heard him say. "No unauthorized adults. Oh, you're a chaperone? Yeah? Show me your pass."

The gates were getting closer, the guy didn't even check if we're in from that school, you just got to love New York.

Once we go in, I looked around and saw many of the animals looked bored out of their minds.
"Come on, let's get farther in," Leo said sounding put off. "Put some distance between us and them--Jeez, was that a lion? Please tell me it's behind bars."

I patted Iggy's shoulder. "Yes, Iggy, the lion is behind bar and good thinking Cap."

I turned for a second and they are gone. I dropped my soda as I looked frantically for them. Styx! This is bad, what if they got captured by the Erasers? What if--wow calm down girl, they could just be looking at the animals. I ran to the exhibits, nothing, I didn't even noticed that I bumped into one of the Erasers until I felt him grab my arm.

I snatched my arm and started to run. I jumped over the railing not caring that I was in front of the camera now. The Eraser jumped towards me in the teen next to me that was starting in shock. I grabbed him by the hips and made us tumble to the ground.

"Get back here!" I got up and helped the guy up. "Sorry about that, names Percy, yours?" He stayed quiet for a second and saw the director move his hand in a go one movement.

"Keith, who was-- look out!" I grabbed him bridal style and jump as the Eraser lunged at me.

I heard a growl come from the Eraser's direction. I laughed nervously as I put him down , "well nice meeting you, do me a favor and forget this ever happened--I'm going to kill you!-- come and get me dog breath, bye Keith." I ran just as the Eraser ran towards me.

"And cut! That was perfect!" The Eraser and I froze as we shared a glance then stared the the direction of the producer.

"What's your name kid?" Urgh this again!

"Percy, Percy Jackson, I literally said it to Keith, even though I know that isn't his real name, seconds ago." I said as I punched the Eraser, making him drop to the ground.

"Kid, go to Central park today at three to start the next shot! You are going to be a sta--What? Fine, but what time is it?--- one, why?---thank you, I have to go, bye!"

Now I have an acting career, great. I made a shadow clone,"Hey can you do me a favor and go to Mana Records and see what they want. Then can you go to Central park to do a shooting, thanks, sorry but I need to find the flock!" The clone shrugged and did what I told it.

I looked around, already losing the Eraser quickly. My jaw dropped, as I was being chased by a hybrid they were eating kosher hot dogs and ice cream . So not fair!

I ran passed them, getting a hold of Iggy. "Eraser, version 6.0, run!" They didn't need to be told twice, we all ran as Leo asked me were I was. "Being chased is not fun Valdez."

After running for a while Iggy asked what was on my mind. "So what's your big plan for finding the Institute?"

"I'm tired of running," Nudge said. "Can we just sit for a minute?"

"Uh..." Max stop stealing my phrases. Gazzy and Angel sat down next to Nudge, I guess Leo and I are the only ones that is not winded.

"So, what are we going to do?" Iggy asked. My eyes turned violet, but they couldn't tell since I had my eyes close.

'Yeah, leader, lead.' Wow even her thoughts go against her. 'A library.' Bingo. My eyes turned back to Seagreen and I smirked as Max jerked her head at the building.

"We're going to start in here, I figured they've got computers, databases..." Her voice trailed off as Leo and I started to the library doors.

"Well? Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~

Inside the library everything was quiet, which made me on high alert, Hey once an Anbu always an Anbu.

"Hey Josh, we need to do research for a school project, think we could use the computers to do the work?" Josh, son of Iris, got the clue and handed me the key, fourth floor Perce, oh and don't even bother signing in, knowing you and Leo I'm going to have to pay for blurting that you two are here. Good luck." I nodded as the flock stared at me in shock.

"Thank you so much, tell Rita I said hi." I said smiling again. Then we hustled to the elevator. I gripped the handle of the elevator until my knuckles were white. Gazzy pressed the number four then looked at me in worry as I was pale with horror.

"You're having a flashback again. Breath, you're not in there again." I started to lossen up as Leo's voice kept me in place.

"O-okay, I'm okay now." I breath out as I leaned my back to the elevator wall.

"Are you---yes Repair Boy, I'm fine, let's get out the elevator before a flashback happens."

"You need to--" I snapped my fingers in front of the guy.

"We already signed in, we don't need to do it again, right?" The guy nodded slowly as if in a trance. He then shook his head as if getting out of a trance, "Hey you're already signed in, which computers are you using?" I smiled at the looks I was getting from the flock, Leo was silently laughing at them.

"Those three."

We were there till closing time. "Leo, I found something," the flock came running towards my computer. It was a map of Manhattan.

"What?" I pointed underground were the sewers and subway were. "If the building isn't visible in the surface it must be below, that's why we can find it!"

I saw from the corner of my eye Angel frown, as if I found out the reason. "Well go tomorrow, but first, we need to go shopping for some clothes, we look like a mess." I said looking at Leo and myself.

~~~~~~~

We entered the subway, a a city life under the city life. I have been here many times when I was a kid running from Gabe.

I looked at the group and nodded basically saying 'I will take first watch'

After five hours I felt my head split. Styx, I really hate it that I can feel emotions some times.

"Who's screwing with my Mac?" An angry voice yelled our way.

I tuned out the guy that was yelling at the flock as I saw the computer. "The chip is interfering with the wave in the Mac, what ever message the Mac gets is actually a warning or a message from the chip inside each of you." I said making them shut up.

Max stared at the guy in shock. "Who are you?"

"I'm the guy who's going to kick your butt if you don't quit messing with my system," the kid said angrily. I glared at him making everyone around me shake in fear and the guy almost piss his pants.

"Not before going through me buddy." I spat making everyone who was awake flinch. My eyes flickered to the screen as I was a text being scrolled.

"Maximum, come, you have a message." Max flinched at my cold tone and gasped when she saw the words:

Hello Max. Welcome to New York.

I stared at her as she asks if we can hear a voice.

"What's the deal?" The kid asked, sounding a lot less belligerent and much more weirded out. "The deal is that if you don't shut up, I will beat you to a bloody pulp. Now quiet,"

Institute of Higher Living

I looked at Max and Fang and gave a slight nod; that saw it too.

"You guys on the run? You in trouble?" The dweeb asked. Before the flock could say anything I answered.

"Yes, we are running from danger, and you are going to be too if you don't help us. We will get out of your skin if you help, the faster it's done the faster we leave you alone." He nodded and started to hack into the computer.

"This way."

The more we walked the more the little ones complained. "This is as far as I can get, apparently they woke up when the guy started to walk away.

"Leo, we need to feed them, they can't run on empty all day, btw, wake me up in three hours." I fell to the ground as the memories of the shadow clone. Apparently the both jobs want me, and hired me. Great, just great, now I have two jobs that bring attention to me.

I woke up in Leo's arms. I yelled in surprise which surprised the fire wielder making him drop me.

"Di immortales Valdez, I'm not a pile of dirty clothes to throw at the ground!"

"Jeez," Fang breathed, stopping dead in his tracks.

Iggy bumped into him. "What Evan? What is it? Wow." I got up and saw the TV screens spell out Good morning, Max.

No way. "Is that you?" Gazzy asked Max. "How do they know you? And how did you know that it was already three hours?"

"Oh, I can only sleep three hours...PTSD, it can be a pain in the neck." I said sheepishly.

I looked up to see the screens again it said ;

Games test your abilities fun is crucial to human development. Go have fun, Max.

"I don't want to have fun! I want some answers!" Max blurted out without meaning to.

"Max, calm down," I put some of my powers from the Heather around her calming the hawk girl.

"Max, are you okay?" Said girl nodded. "I think we should get on the Madison Avenue bus," I stared at her and nodded as Leo and I leaded then to the stop.

We got on, and I pushed out fares into the machine. The driver waved us through, saying, "Pass, pass, pass" in a bored voice. Got to love New York.

I looked at the window as shops passed by. I snapped out of it when I heard a noise nearby. games.

"Okay, people," the bus driver said over the PA system, "Fifty-eighth Street! This is where the fun is!" I glanced behind me to see glowing reptilian eyes glaring at me.

"Let's get off here," I said smiling, ignoring the eyes. Max then started to hustle everyone of us out the back door, not before the monster scratched me in my back making me hiss. We stepped into the sunlight. The bus pulled noisily away, leaving us choking on its exhaust. We were at the bottom of Central Park.

I looked up and sighed, the sign said AFO Schmidt.

The world's most amazing toy store.

Give me a break.

Well then, hope you guys like this one, Percy now has two jobs, which will make a part of the plot in the series. She will also follow Sally's footsteps and become an author.

Remember Percy is still a girl but I am making it so she is disguised as a guy.

Quote of the chapter:

THERE ARE THINGS I WISH I COULD REPAIR BUT I CAN'T

Well Ja Ne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 16 13
A Percy Jackson, Miraculous, and KOTLC three-series crossover. Please read again, since I changed it slightly, even if you already read some chapters...
208K 5.9K 15
Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel or anything Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus related. I only own the storyline. Nico di Angelo has a mortal half b...
275K 9.9K 64
*Complete* 130,000+ words 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖 It started with an obsession. No matter what anyone could say, I was one of the biggest fans anyone could g...
536K 18.3K 77
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...