I'll Rise Up - Completed #Wat...

By 9katiejane

Under Editing... Can be read as a stand alone. Book 1 of the Lies Told Series Colton backwards hat made him... More

COPYRIGHT AND CAST
CONTENT PAGE
HOW IT BEGAN
UNEXPECTED GUEST PART 1
UNEXPECTED GUEST PART 2
FRESH BEGINNINGS
WORST ONE YET
EVERYONE NEEDS AT LEAST ONE FRIEND
DELIGHT
HIDDEN PHOTO FRAME
YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
ONE OF DAWSON' S PASSIONS
TANNER'S CAFE
RAIN
SNEEZING REALIZATION
HUNT FOR VAMPIRES IN THE SEA
MEETING LANE SUMMER'S
ATTACKED BY A GIANT FLAPPING BIRD
MY FIRST DREAM MEMORY
I HAD NEVER
THE REED'S HOUSE
TWO MALES WORRIED PERSPECTIVES
THE REASON WHY
UNDERSTANDING?
PET SHOP
DINNER FOR TWO
TWIN
BLACK CAP
FIGHT
EPIPHANY
I HAD TO CAPTOR IT
REAL MEANING
DEEP
COME TO LIGHT
HAPPY
POSITIVITY
LAKE TANNER
WORK
BIRTHDAY SUPRISE
THE HONEST TRUTH
EPILOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

DEJA VU

93 22 16
By 9katiejane

Tuesday 2nd February 2016

My nose was hit with an explosion of different spices, making my belly let out a loud rumble. Mandy chuckles as I blush. We went into the dining area where all the men sat around the light table. They're talking about football but the weird thing is the food was all set out in the middle, but none of them have anything on their plates.

Mandy touched my back gently to my chair in between Tyler and Colton. I messed up Tyler's hair before sitting down and he looked up pouting, sorting out his hair. I look up to see everyone grinning at the two of us, I'd forgotten I wasn't in a familiar place.

Luke's seat across from Tyler and Declan from Colton. Mandy's seat next to Colton at the bottom of the table while Jake was at the head.

''Thanks for waiting for us dears, eat up,'' Mandy kindly offered. They all dug in straightaway putting large amount on their plates and I followed their lead.

Once everyone got a good amount, we were all sat in a comfortable silence only hearing the clanking of silverware. ''So Dawson, how do you like Richburg so far?'' I gazed up to Jake, who had taken off his cap now, he looked just like an older Luke. I swallowed my food before answering. ''I really love it, there's peace and quiet and I like how everyone treats each other fairly with respect. It's much different from where I used to live.''

''That's great to hear, I'm glad... So do you do anything interesting outside school?'' He asks, while everyone was listening, as they ate.

"Well I work at Tanner's Café, every day except from Tuesday's so I don't have a lot of time to myself, but when I do I love to garden. I love going to the beach and I to love run.'' I like being asked what I like to do, because I who I can answer without problem.

He nods and grins impressed by my answer, ''That's dedication, to work at a young age and Ava, I haven't seen her for a long time.'' I nod, ''so did you move here with your parents.'' he asked kindly, I felt Tyler stop his fork halfway to his mouth waiting for my response, everyone else waiting for it too.

I moved my hair out of my face and quietly replied, ''I just moved here with my mum and she was pregnant with my baby brother Leo at the time, but was born the same week we moved... my dad isn't in the picture anymore.''

I felt everyone in the room was staring at me, and Jake looked apologetic knowing he said something wrong, making the atmosphere a little awkward, then a voice came from right at the side of me. ''Tyler told us that you have an art assignment... you got an expression picked out yet?''

I turn my eyes to look at Colton's intense ones... I was a little shocked, so I was thankful for to Colton for switching the conversation, ''No, not yet I still have a week to figure it out.'' I answer to him, I felt a shiver as we kept staring at each other.

''Oh yeah, so our art teacher Mr. Marks has asked...'' Tyler answered Colton's question giving me a break from it all. Everyone else got back to eating and chatting.

I take an another bite of my food, not really tasting it when I felt a rough hand gaze mine, my hand was fastened tightly to the side of the chair I'm on, I hadn't realized. I look to Colton but he was talking to Mandy about something to do with wood, I let out a little gasp, and let my hand soften.

After dinner I gave my thanks to Mr and Mrs Reed, then we all went back upstairs. We all sat where we were sat before dinner happily full. ''Hey, should we get onto the other game.'' Declan asked and we all agreed.

''Right so basically you have to say three facts about you, but one has to be lie, or changed a little, the twist is Dawson and Luke can't answer when it's Tyler's go, and that goes for the other way around. We brothers can't answer about each other's because we basically know everything about one another.'' I get it and it makes sense and sounds interesting. I agree with everyone. ''Right Tyler goes first then me, Dawson, Luke and the Colton.''

Tyler rubs his hands in anticipation and starts and it makes me snicker behind my hand, ''I'm a vegetarian. I used to collect rubber ducks and I've never broke a bone in my body.''

All the boys shout a different version of you're not a vegetarian. ''Fine yes, I am not a vegetarian, but I could have been!" He huffs, as Declan asked him if he still had his duck collection and we laugh when Tyler started to go red in the face and we all grinned at each other, I've seen them on the bottom of his wardrobe floor.

After a minute Declan spoke, ''I speak two languages. I can't swim. I can juggle.''

''You can't swim?'' Tyler rushed to say as I said juggle because I can't juggle, but realise after that the answer would have obviously of been the language one.

''You're both wrong, I can't speak two languages.'' He answered smugly, as his blue eyes shine. Knew it.

My turn, what should I pick, I got it, ''I can run a mile under four minutes. Yellow is my favourite colour. I love the taste of honey.'' I've never tasted honey before.

The Reed brother thought for a second, then Declan said the run, Luke said yellow and Colton said the honey.

I give Colton a small smile and said he won, as Luke asks if I could really run that fast, he fastened his brows together as I nod.

Declan then said, ''Luke's go, and it's all down to Dawson for this one.''

''Right, I hope you're ready Dawson.'' He grins. ''I broke my toe when I was five. I got rejected from the last job I applied for. I don't have a tattoo."

Well this one is a tough one, I'm just going to just go with the job one for the fun of it, ''the second one?''

''Nope, I don't have a tattoo.'' He grins and then pouted at me mockingly putting his hand to his heart, ''How could you think that someone could have rejected... me, Dawson?'' I gave him a shoulder bump.

''Colton's go and then it's home time because it's getting late and we've got an early day tomorrow.'' Declan told the group.

Colton clears his throat and his silvery tone told Tyler and I, ''I do have a tattoo. When I was younger I wanted to be a superhero. I can play the guitar.''

Me and Tyler thought for a second, well he is fifteen so he can't have a tattoo so that the one I picked and he stared at me and I stared back. Tyler agreed with me.

''I can't play the guitar.'' He spoke directly to me, or it felt like he did. Luke and Declan don't look surprised about Colton having a tattoo. I don't really have the guts to call him out on it but that didn't mean Tyler would hold back.

''Sure you do, let's see the tattoo then!'' Tyler demanded. I'm curious too, Colton leans back on Luke's pillows and moves his dark red top up, showing us all his flat tanned stomach, a small bottle lid size peace sign, it was simple, ''that's so cool, does Jake and Mandy know?'' Tyler gushed as the brother's laugh, I join in as Colton says, ''no and I want keep it that way.''

We all walked down the stairs chatting and I put my trainers on. Tyler was standing next to me when I asked him quietly, seeing all the others chatting a couple of feet away, if he's sure about not walking home with me and Colton. Not really wanting to be alone with him.

Tyler saw right through me though, ''Dawson, you'll be fine, it's not like Colton is a serial killer and I wouldn't let him walk you home if I didn't trust him.'' He squeezed my shoulder, I dip my head feeling ridicules. He added, ''Plus I want to talk with Luke, message me once you get home.'' He gave me a stern look and I pulled my tongue out at him knowing I lost the fight.

Mandy and Jake must have heard us all because they came from the kitchen area and walked towards me. ''Please don't hesitate to come back again Dawson. It's so lovely to have finally met you.'' That warmed me inside and we gave each other a hug, I grinned, then turned to Jake who was speaking quietly to Colton. Who had his hands in his jacket pockets.

''Right come on,'' Colton said pushing me to the door and I felt hot where he touched me and I frown. I turned to say bye, not wanting to be rude.

Colton slammed the door shut, trailing off the lawn into the dark and I cringed. What's wrong with him.

''You coming?''

''Err... yes sorry.'' I ran to catch up seeing the outline of his tall body in front of me. We walked at a steady pace on the sidewalk in silence, only hearing the old rustling of bushes and cars speeding past to get home.

It takes about twenty minutes to walk home and we were about ten minutes into the walk. It's the most awkward one I've ever had the pleasure in having, and I honestly can't stand it.

I turned to him, being able to see him now that there are more light posts around with be near the park, we were halfway past the high school I attend.

''Sorry for being such a bitch to you when you tried to apologize to me at the beach,'' I spoke all in one fast breath, just need to talk and get rid of this awkwardness.

He responded after a minute. ''No need, I would probably have done the same thing you did if we were in reversed... I'm sorry for being a jerk again.'' He turned his eyes to mine and I was shocked, that wasn't the response I was expecting... well I didn't know what to expect.

''Oh, it's alright.'' I told him, whilst giving him a little lift of my lips. He gave me a small smile back. He is so cute, I felt a blush start at my hairline down to my pinkie toes. I turned away, seeing we had just passed Tyler's house and I didn't even notice.

''Can you really run that fast?'' He asks and I looked at him, ''yes I can, I was recorded at my old school but I haven't really been running that much since coming here.'' I saw that he wanted to asking more but held back.

We got to my house, the lights all out at the front meaning mum would probably be in bed for work tomorrow. ''Thanks for walking me home, I know you were forced into but...'' I trailed off lifting my head to look into his eyes.

''No, if I was forced to do something I didn't want to do, I wouldn't have done it,'' he replied simply then added more quietly, ''bye Gem.'' I'm so confused as I stood at my doorway, I didn't even respond as Colton turned away, and walked into the bleakness of the night.

I turned to my door and reached of my keys out of my pocket and they jingled together. What did he mean by that? And what's is with the whole Gem thing? I shake my head and turned the key clockwise in the lock, quietly.

I'm trying to be as silence as I can be but then I heard a noise in the distance. My fingers trembled as I open the door a little and popped my head around to see shadows on the wall from the kitchen.

I walked in, leaving the keys in the door. I move slowly behind the door and pick up the wooden baseball bat, it was clammy in my hands but I held it firmly more concerned about who was in the kitchen, I heard muffled talk. I could hear it now that I was closer, I leaned against the wall.

''You shouldn't have come!'' She yelled quietly, mum?

''Why not, I want to see them.'' I could her a male's voice.

''You know why you can't, and Dawson will be here any minute, you have to go!'' Mum spoke quickly in frustration.

''Come on Amelia...'' the guy's tone, sounded upset.

Who the hell is that, and why doesn't mum even want him to meet me and Leo?

I peep around the corner at the entrance of the kitchen. I had Deja vu for a second and shut my eyes opening them. I moved to be in the doorway to see a tall man with light hair, he was facing his back to me, he's in a fine black leather jacket and navy jeans. I pull a face; he was hugging my mum in an intimate way. I didn't know what to think, what's the...

Mum lifts her head from the side of his shoulder, and spots me in front of her. She gasps loudly in shock making the man turn slowly to face me.

He smile hesitantly at me.

I scream, dropped the bat, making it clank across the floor towards them. He stopped smiling. Mum shouted my name but I turned running out of the wide front door I left open, and ran and ran, feeling the light wind knocking me back from how fast I was sprinting.

Guys, look at this beautiful cover by honestcritiques did for me, but I can't use it because my brother is making me a cover, so I still had to honour it. because look at it, so I've dedicating this  chapter to her. go give her some love.

NOT EDITED - ENJOY, COMMENT AND VOTE.

HOW ABOUT THAT PLOT TWIST.

Normal night gone downhill, what do you think? Her dad....What!!!

Don't forget to comment and vote :D you all make my day, silent readers too :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 684 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
505K 14.4K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
1.8M 45.1K 66
I look out the window behind him and take both of his hands in mine. Should I tell him? Would I open up old wounds that I've tried so hard to heal, f...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...