Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

By Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
👑Epilogue👑
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)

338K 12K 2.4K
By Juette_Curtina

Matthew flinched upon hearing Kaylyn's gasp caused by his earlier proclamation.

     "Since she's not too far in the pregnancy, it could be considered, but as I said before, the placenta may migrate further on in the pregnancy," he announced, clearly pitying them for the situation they were in.

    "And what if it doesn't?" Matthew asked ruefully, his mind in a chaotic battle of indecision.

    "I'm not aborting my child!" Kaylyn exclaimed and although her voice was shaky, the conviction was still evident.

Matthew turned, looking down at her eyes which pooled with tears. Her nose was red and her eyes were puffy, making her look like the most vulnerable thing he had ever seen. He wanted to hug her- Cry with her, but he hardened his jaw and said instead...

     "Kaylyn, I don't want this at all. I don't know what else to do, bu- but you may die," he said in a low tone, so low that the Doctor couldn't hear.

Kaylyn saw the sadness in his eyes and she knew that he was sad and hurting too, but..

     "The baby may die too," she croaked out.

Matthew sat beside her, holding her hand in his, as he bought it to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on the soft surface. "Yo- we can try for another baby after this," he said wanting to plant another option in her head.

She shook her head negatively as he spoke. "But I may not have another one," she spoke.

    "We can adopt then," Matthew was eager to convince her. What was he even saying? Matthew thought. He knew that his words were farfetched and stupid even, but he didnt want Kaylyn to lose hope on any available options. He had to plant some kind of hope in her head.

"No. We are not even a couple. I- I ..." she cried, trailing off as she was unsure of what else to say

Matthew rested his forehead on their entwined hands, trying to control himself and the situation. 'Don't you understand Kaylyn," his voice grew by a tad. "You may die!" he exclaimed, looking deeply into her teary eyes.

There was a small silence.

    "Then at least I'd know that I would have lived somehow," she said easing up on the bed while she used her unoccupied hand to try to wipe her face. "Matthew, I'm going to have this baby, and I don't care if I die after. I can't believe you would even think about aborting your own child," she sniffed and Matthew could see the disappointment in her eyes. She swung her feet over the bed and strolled silently behind a curtain to get dressed.

Matthew sighed heavily, looking at the Doctor who still stood there, watching the display with empathy.

.  "What must I do?" He asked in a desperate reach for answers.

     "She doesn't want to abort the child, so I guess there is nothing you can do about that. However, you can help my making her take it easy for the duration of her pregnancy. No stress, no strenuous work and she should take the medications I prescribed on a daily basis. Ensure that she eats right and takes rest. Miss Fisher has a rare complication here, but also a serious one. I hope that when next you visit me, the placenta will migrate," he completed with a smile.

Matthew listened to every bit of what the Doctor told him, making sure that he would do the right thing when they went home. He raked a hand through his hair, still not quite at ease with the events of the day.

Feeling a firm hold on his tensed shoulder, Matthew looked up to find the Doctor with a slight smile on his face. "I can see that you care for her young man and that's good. She'll need all the love she can get to go through this phase, but be aware...no sex," he smiled then strolled from the room.

#

     "Is Kaylyn going to be OK?" Sapphire sobbed in Liz's arms. She was doing so for quite some time and Liz wasn't sure what could stop her.

     "You have to believe that she will honey," she told her, not wanting to give her false hope.

      "It's all because of that stupid baby!" she cursed, believing that the baby was the cause of kaylyn's hurt. "I don't want it to come anymore," she pouted, still shedding silent tears.

     "No Sapph-" Liz cut herself off when she heard a voice asking about Kaylyn.

She turned around and saw Catherine Belle and two other elderly persons she didn't quite recognize.

Sapphire eased from Liz's lap and Liz watched as her expression hardened upon seeing them. Before she could understand what was happening, Sapphire marched towards them, with determined strides.

    "What are you doing here?!" she asked bitterly, staring up at Catherine specifically.

     "Excuse me little girl-" Catherine began but was cut off by a very indignant Sapphire.

       "We dont want any of you here. You yelled at Kaylyn and slapped her," she tilted her head to glare at Patrick and Lilith.

     "Where is Kaylyn?" Lilith asked sternly.

      "She's sick all because you shouted at her and made the baby upset!" she yelled angrily, her little voice ringing out in the room.

Catherine scoffed. "Get out of our way, you little brat!" she hissed, attempting to push Sapphire to one side. That attempt however, failed when Sapphire kicked her on the shin. Catherine expelled a hearty 'Ouch!', as he crouched, clutching her paining leg. Sapphire then pushed her forcefully, causing her to fall to the floor, landing on her bottom in a thud.

      "You little brat!" Catherine yelled and Sapphire folded her arms across her chest.

       "Bitch!" she fired back, using the curse word she had picked up at school.

       "Sapphire!" Liz scolded disapprovingly.

She pouted her little pink lips. "She started it!"

       "What's going on here?" a voice asked firmly from behind and everyone spun around to find Matthew with Kaylyn by her side.

Sapphire rushed towards them, a wide grin on her face. "Kaylyn!" she expelled in a relieved tone, hugging her legs. Kaylyn smiled amidst her sadness and gently patted Sapphire on the shoulders. At least she had someone to lift her spirits for the time being.

Seeing Catherine, Matthew became furious. Strolling determinedly to confront her, he grabbed her arms, pulling her to face him. A slight gasp escaped her lips upon seeing the murderous look on Matthew's face, and she couldn't quite control the fear that coursed through her body. She knew the man was a tough cookie, but the look on his face now proved to her what great deal of an understatement 'tough' was.

        "You really have some nerve coming here woman," he hissed bitterly; deadly. "Now get the hell out of here before I do something that will grant you a stay downstairs," he sneered, referring to the hospital's morgue.

She paled, looking aghast. "I was just-"

     "I don't need to hear it!" he growled now, his face reddening with anger. "Leave!" he spat, releasing his hold on her so she could do so. The force by which he released her, seemed like a shove, and so Catherine stumbled but quickly regained her balance.

She swallowed visibly, looking embarrassed before she spun on her heels.

      "Catherine," Matthew called and she turned to face him, her eyes slightly blurry with tears.

      "You will live to regret this," he threatened and she blanched further, knowing every word to be true. Matthew was always a man of his word.

After she disappeared around the corner, Matthew turned to the Fisher's. "Do I need to repeat myself or did you get the gist?" he asked cocking a brow.

       "We just wanted to know how our daughter was doing," Patrick exclaimed weakly.

       "Daughter?" Matthew raised a brow in mocked surprise. "I thought she held no relations with you?" he didn't take his eyes from Patrick's and so the poor man was left prey to his deadly glare.

Patrick sighed, feeling defeated. Looking over Matthew's shoulders, he saw Kaylyn behind looking in their direction. It had been years since he had seen his daughter and now that he was given the opportunity, he felt like a new man, even though the situation in which they met was not a good one.

She looked just like the Kaylyn he knew and remembered with her kindness shining in her eyes and the remarkable beauty of her face. The sadness was visibly etched in her face and Patrick wanted to hug her, like he'd always do when she was a child and sad when Lilith would shout at her.

All the memories came back to him in bullet speed, an array of emotions making themselves known. Patrick knew that even if he didn't live to get the chance to speak with Kaylyn, he would be a happy man, because he had found his lost treasure and saw its beauty.

      "Kaylyn I'm sorry," he said the words, wanting them to reach the ears of his daughter, but they were only audible to his.

     "Patrick!" a voice rang out, pulling Patrick from his thoughts. He spun around and saw a scowl on Lilith's face. "I've be calling your name repeatedly. Let's go!" she hissed in frustration.

Patrick turned to once again look at Kaylyn, but this time she had her head hung. His eyes burned with the knowledge that his daughter was so close to him and yet he couldn't say a word.

       "Good luck with that one Mayhew. You're going to need it," Lilith scoffed.

Matthew ground his teeth so hard he thought they'd shatter in his mouth, knowing that the only thing that prevented him from knocking out the woman cold, was the unfortunate fact that she was a woman.

They spun on their heels and left, Patrick's eyes never leaving Kaylyn until the door to the elevator prevented him from doing so.

He sighed when he was in the elevator, raking his hand through his hair. He stiffened when strands of his already receding hair came out in his hand. Swallowing hard, he quickly shoved it in his pocket before Lilith saw. This was one of the apparent side effects of having cancer and being on chemo.

#

Matthew turned to Sapphire and Kaylyn after watching the retreating Fisher's.

     "You guys ready to go home?" he asked, realizing that his anger had dissipated upon seeing them.

       "I thought you'd never ask, Daddy," Sapphire exclaimed with a sigh. "I want to make Mac and Cheese for Kaylyn," she beamed in excitement.

Matthew smiled. "You can't make that"

      "No, but you will help me," she grinned and Matthew shook his head, reaching for the small bag that Kaylyn held with the medications.

      "I'll manage," she quipped, walking away and leaving Matthew to stare at the spot she had earlier occupied.

Sapphire sighed as she too walked away, muttering a disgusted. Men.

Matthew shook his head and sighed, realizing that Kaylyn was still angry with him. He had a lot of making up to do it seemed.

__________________________________

Not much of a cliffhanger this time huh? I decided to take it easy on you guys :)

I hope you enjoyed!
Any song recommendations for the chapters? Please PM me or comment them below. Thank you!!

Thank you as always for all your support!!! I really appreciate it!!
Lots of love!!
Until next time..
Laters baby!!!
Xoxo
Juju

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
2.7M 107K 110
Charlotte Delaney has sworn off men. After one relationship disaster after another- including turning a guy gay!- Charlotte is so over the male speci...
5.7M 221K 48
Clumsy, accident prone and damn right weird is how people often describe Skylar Martin and it didn't surprise her that even the opposite sex didn't s...
165K 1.2K 10
Never yours series. Book one. Laurel Hyde; one of the most beautiful and most sexiest women in the world, Hollywood's A-lister, businesswoman and mod...