Changing Peach Hearts (Akashi...

By matcha_to_latte

"I will never leave you alone. That is my promise to you as the student council president, as the captain of... More

Prologue 1 | Red and Pink
Prologue 2 | Red and Pink
Prologue 3 | Red and Pink
Chapter 1 | Change
Chapter 2 | Red Bean
Chapter 3 | Name
Chapter 4 | Memories
Chapter 4.5 | Haru-cchi's lucky item
Chapter 5 - Captain of Shogi and Captain of Basketball
Chapter 6 - Teammates
Chapter 7 - The Absolute truth, the Whole truth and nothing but the truth
Chapter 8 - Tofu Soup
Chapter 9 - Fifth Symphony
Chapter 10 - Solo?!
Chapter 11 - The Golden-eyed Hell
Chapter 12 - Exploration
Chapter 13 - Confrontation
Chapter 14 - Those Heterochromatic Eyes
Chapter 15 - Two sides: Strength or Weakness
Chapter 16 - Youth
Chapter 17 - Grandma Koji
Chapter 18 - Affinity to Sara?
Chapter 19 - Summer Sparks
Chapter 20 - American Influence
Chapter 21 - Promise
Chapter 22 - Golden Eyes
Chapter 23 - A True Friend
Chapter 24 - The Business World
Chapter 25 - Family
Chapter 26 - The Last Shadow
Chapter 28 - Imprisonment in Death
Chapter 29 - The Emperor's Domain
Chapter 30 - Change
Chapter 31 - Happy Birthday Seijuro
Chapter 32 - Oha Asa's always right
Chapter 33 - Red and White
Chapter 34 - Your Name is Akashi Chiharu
Chapter 35 - Epilogue

Chapter 27 - Towards the Winter Cup Finals

7.4K 214 16
By matcha_to_latte

Defeat.

It was utter defeat.

Or at least that was so for the dark-haired boy whose eyes stared at the red head as if seeing a God.

The red head sat silently in his seat where the opposing player's hands trembled in anxiety and confusion. That player was one of the champions in the previous tournament, yet he had been defeated in less than twenty minutes.

Yes, yet again Akashi had achieved absolute victory.

Chiharu sat on a chair next to Akashi, nervously glancing around. Crowds of people had come to see the match after word spread that the champion had been beaten in fifteen minutes. A normal Shogi game lasted at least two hours, but to be defeated in fifteen minutes; it was a miracle.

The peach head's own game was going well. Chiharu knew that the opposing player would be defeated in another five minutes. This was evident by his nervous glances towards Chiharu and the extended amount of time he took to move his Shogi piece.

As she waited for him to play his piece, she gazed to the final table where Usami sat.

Usami actually looked bored, very bored.

She propped one elbow onto the table where she leaned her head against her arm. The opposer looked like a cornered hamster against the green-haired menace. Whenever he would glance up at Usami, she would glare at him with her intimidating golden eyes, causing him to blink back down to the Shogi board, never daring to look up again.

Chiharu scanned Usami's Shogi board, feeling impressed with her tactics.

Although Chiharu had won her first match against Usami, she had lost the second but won the third. They were an even match in Shogi; winning and losing in turns. From then on Chiharu kept a close eye on the different movements Usami used in her games. She found hints of them in her current opposer's game, except at a much higher level. Usami would win, Chiharu was sure of that.

Chiharu then turned to the redhead, to find his eyes on her.

He smiled distantly, causing Chiharu's eyes to dart back at her own Shogi board where the opponent had finally moved his piece. Instantly she moved her own bishop before glancing up at Akashi. His eyes were still on her, except they moved slowly to Usami who had raised both arms, yawning.

She had won.

Her opponents hands were clasped tight in shame as he looked down, unwilling to face anyone. Anybody who played a Shogi game against an opponent who treated them like an object would feel this humiliated. Chiharu knew that she would lecture Usami after this. She needed to know her manners.

Now it was only Chiharu's turn to win and as soon as the opponent disappointedly moved his own piece, Chiharu moved her rook.

Finally it was checkmate.

Chiharu had won.

As soon as the game had ended, the crowd around them began to chatter about the genius trio. All three had finished their games in half an hour.

No one could believe that.

Akashi took the first step, slowly standing up, his head high. Usami followed him with a smirk. Chiharu looked at the both of them and knew that they were waiting for her to move. She too stood and faced her opponents who shamefully stood up as well.

They shook hands.

"Good Game."

...

"WOAH! I can't believe you guys won the exhibition match against last year's winners of the Shogi Tournament! Everyone at school's talking about it!" cried Kisara, jumping up and down in front of Chiharu's seat.

Chiharu flushed.

"It wasn't me who won in fifteen minutes," she commented, trying to drag the attention off herself. "It's that..."

Chiharu paused looking at the red haired male, behind her, who equally stared back at her. However she could not ignore the flock of girls who surrounded him.

She frowned about to comment before Usami voiced both of their thoughts.

"GET THE HELL OFF HIM!!" the green head cried viciously shoving the flock away.

Instantly they departed under the cold gaze of Usami's golden eyes.

"And you," she started, glaring at Chiharu. "He's your boyfriend! You should be the one to chase them away!"

Chiharu turned away glumly.

It was true that she was just as annoyed as Usami but even as she berated the flock of girls, they did nothing but ignore her.

It was discrimination.

Just because Usami's golden eyes seemed threatening, they listened to her, but when she was the one chasing them away, there was no response.

Chiharu looked towards the redhead who still seemed to be smiling. She was pissed off at his lack of response. This was the exact same face that attracted her tormentors back in middle school.

"And what about him. He's been smiling the whole day. Every single freaking time I see him, he's smiling!" she exclaimed back to the green head.

Usami pouted.

"You know he only smiles because he sees you," she muttered under her breath.

She didn't want to voice her thoughts however because it would be like accepting that Akashi loved Chiharu.

Akashi blinked at Chiharu's outburst.

"It's because you remind me of our memories in Middle School," he commented.

Chiharu blushed.

Usami turned to Kisara, dismay written all over face.

"Get me away from these two. Please."

Kisara giggled.

"They're like that everyday."

Usami groaned.

"Oh help me!"

Ever since they had won the Shogi match in record breaking time, the news had spread around the entire school. As a result, a flock of girls had banded together to start an Akashi Fan Club.

The fact that he didn't have his heterochromatic eyes anymore, further influenced them. The fan club completely ignored the fact that he had a girlfriend, much to Chiharu's horror.

Besides that, the Winter Cup match between Seirin High and Yosen High had ended; Seirin winning by a close margin. 

Chiharu remembered seeing Himuro's broken face as he walked passed her.

It broke her heart.

...

"And Murasakibara gets blocked..." Alex almost screamed, squinting at the light blue haired figure. "And by Kuroko too!" she exclaimed in excitement.

Chiharu was currently sitting with Alex on her right and Akashi on her left, watching the match between Yosen High and Seirin High.

During the game, Chiharu had been inspired by Murasakibara's change in character and love for basketball, enough to get into the zone, as well as Himuro's tenacity against Kagami. It was, after all, his dream to win against him.

But as she watched Himuro's moves slowly get figured out by the Seirin High team, she couldn't have felt worse. She watched as the buzzer rang to signal the end of the game.

"With a score of 73 to 72, Seirin High wins!" cheered the announcer.

Immediately the Seirin team, jumped in ecstasy. The crowd and their supporters joining in with them.

The Yosen team however panted heavily in defeat. They had tried their best and still, it was not enough. Chiharu had never seen a Seirin match firsthand but now she knew for sure that Kuroko's team was more than good. 

It would be hard for Rakuzan High to win against them if they became their opponents.

She continued to watch as both teams conversed. She was particularly interested in Himuro and Kagami whom seemed to be making mutual agreements and resolvements with each other.

She turned to Alex who began to stand.

"I need to see my two boys down there, want to come?" she asked Chiharu.

Chiharu nodded in response, Akashi also getting up to go with them.

Chiharu ran down from the sides of the stadium as the teams clumped together, talking with their coach and the crowd filed out of the gymnasium.

"TATSUYA!!!" she cried energetically, hoping to shine light on his current loss.

The grey black-haired looked up for a second before turning around and looking away. 

Chiharu stopped and frowned. 

She had thought Himuro would be fine but it seemed that losing the match had really taken a toll on his shoulders.

Araki, the Yosen coach, nodded her head to her team, signalling the end of their team meeting. Chiharu watched on. Alex jogged up from behind, where both teams started to gather and converse. She ruffled both her students' hair.

"Taiga, congratulations," she said before turning to face Himuro. "It was a close game. I'm proud to have the both of you as students."

Himuro nodded, unwilling to meet Chiharu's gaze.

Instead he looked towards Kagami.

"As I was saying, as per our promise, I won't call myself your brother anymore."

Kagami frowned.

He didn't say anything for a short while.

Finally he stiffly replied, "Yeah. I know."

Akashi strolled towards them.

"Murasakibara, a good game," Akashi commented to the purple head who frowned slightly.

"No. It was not a good game. I lost. I want to quit basketball," Murasakibara drawled, looking away from his ex-captain. He turned from them and started walking towards his bag.

Chiharu frowned.

"He won't quit, right? He did, after all, enter the zone," she asked Akashi.

Akashi nodded his head in response. It seemed he also understood that Murasakibara wouldn't actually quit. He then turned to Himuro whose conversation with Kagami had ended.

"It seems we won't be versing each other," he commented.

Himuro glared at him.

"Basketball doesn't have to concern our match. One day I will beat you," he muttered.

Akashi smiled.

"I await that day. But first, talk to Chiharu at least. She's been apprehensive about the whole game."

Himuro sadly smiled.

He awkwardly turned to the peach head.

"Chiharu," he began with.

Chiharu's eyes watered and immediately the tears began to flow out. She had finally talked to him or more like he had finally looked at her.

"TATSUYA!" she called running into his arms to embrace him.

He jolted back in shock. But his lips formed another soft smile.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to keep my promise," he whispered.

Chiharu looked up curiously.

"Promise?" she asked, wiping her eyes dry.

Himuro slightly looked away.

"Nevermind."

Akashi nodded his head in recognition of Himuro's promise.

He interjected, "You can keep your promise later... Next year."

Himuro gazed at the redhead in shock. 

He out of everyone else had remembered the promise.

"Yeah... thank you," Himuro replied.

...

After the match between Yosen High and Seirin High, the media began focusing on the unexpected victors; Seirin High.

Chiharu scanned through basketball and sport magazines of the Winter Cup games where she found articles that surprisingly included full colour pages of Kuroko and his team.

The phantom sixth man, Kuroko Tetsuya.

The fact that Kuroko was becoming more renowned could be either detrimental or surprisingly good for his cause. Chiharu would wait and see.

She turned the page to an article about Kagami Taiga.

She had seen his miracles jumps firsthand in the Yosen match and they intrigued her. His talent was never seen before amongst the Generation of Miracles and just like Satsuki had said, his growth was spectacular. Chiharu would have to work hard with her team to ensure their victory against either their team or Kaijo High's team.

"Haru-chan!" called Mibuchi, poking his head into the classroom door.

Chiharu nodded at her senpai; it was time for basketball practice.

...

"Kaijo High and Seirin High. One is a dark horse whilst the other is a powerhouse school," Chiharu read from a folder of notes.

Satsuki had gathered information for both schools and had given them to her at the match between Yosen and Seirin. 

Chiharu in turn had analysed their players and found several weaknesses she could pinpoint them with.

"Aida Riko; coach of Seirin High School basketball team and daughter of Aida Kagetora, a former national basketball player. She has an innate ability to analyse the bodies of players in which she can see their statistics and ways of improvement. In terms of ability, it is up to me to battle against her in our training methods," Chiharu announced.

"Then there is their Captain Hyuga Junpei..." continued Chiharu.

...

After Chiharu had finished telling the Rakuzan team about the weaknesses and strengths, or things to watch out for for both teams, she commanded them to do specific training drills in which she specially made up to counter her team's individual weaknesses.

Shirogane watched from the side. He had analysed Chiharu's plans and had made improvements on it. Now, by watching his team, he felt proud of their work.

Chiharu eyed the basketball captain, currently resting on the bench. After having to do non-stop hellish drills, even he had to take a break. She walked over to sit with him. Basketball practice had become longer and harsher and she rarely had a moment alone with him.

"Seijuro," she greeted.

Akashi looked up with a faint smile.

"Chiharu," he replied in acknowledgement.

"So how's the drills going? Not too bad I presume?" she asked.

Akashi nodded his head.

"It's difficult but we can handle it. You really know how to train us to our limits," he commented.

She giggled in response. He smiled again, her peach coloured eyes meeting his ruby ones. Chiharu wished this moment with Akashi would last together.

Akashi took her hand and held it for that short moment.

"Captain! Your phone's ringing!"

Akashi looked up from the bench and towards the player who had called him. Chiharu also looked at the person who had interrupted them.

"Miyaru-san, couldn't you have left that until after practice. We need time of rest and time to train in order to win the finals of the Winter Cup! After all with the addition of the Generation of Miracles, Seirin High and Kaijo High are stronger than ever before!" she called.

Miyaru, a first year student, apologised in return.

"I'm sorry Momoi-san, Captain's phone kept on ringing so I figured that it would be something important."

Chiharu frowned slightly but turned to Akashi, nodding her head.

"I'm sorry," muttered Akashi, removing his hand from hers.

He began to walk to Miyaru and his bag, his face serious and calm. He fingered with the zipper of his sports bag as he pulled out his phone.

"Hello?" he asked to the unidentifiable contact.

Chiharu watched as she saw him drop his phone. 

Her eyes widened in horror. 

The noise was deafening in the gym and all eyes turned to their captain.

Akashi never made mistakes.

He was never careless.

Yet he dropped his phone.

She stood and walked towards the quivering figure of the redhead.

"Seiju-" she began before the name on her mouth dissipated.

The redhead turned around, his heterochromatic eyes flashing like a lion ready to pounce. His eyebrows were knit into a furious glare as his eyes met Chiharu's and the rest of his teams.

"Seijuro," Chiharu called, voice softened in cautiousness.

Akashi's cold eyes met hers and he ignored her, picking up his phone. The moment his heterochromatic eyes left Chiharu, she knew that he was different; something about him had changed. 

He was not the same Akashi Seijuro that was with her a moment ago.

He closed his eyes as he spoke to the person on the phone.

"Is it true?" he asked, muttering.

Instantly he took his bags and left the gym, ignoring anybody and everybody who tried to stop him. Not that anyone would. The whole team had seen Akashi's heterochromatic eyes.

Chiharu shivered.

The golden-eyed emperor had returned.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.2K 23
=Akashi Seijuro x Kuroko Tetsuya= It started when the King, in his Kingdom, was choosing a Maiden. He was no ordinary King, he hold the Demon Clan...
275K 9.5K 49
☆COMPLETED☆ Rakuzan High. Akashi Seijūrō. The domineering student council president and the captain of the basketball club- everybody knows who he is...
448K 13.9K 40
[Seijuro Akashi X OC] Every single day with him was memorable and unforgettable. It had been carved onto my heart, I'll belong to him. Always. Foreve...
279K 6.9K 21
The story about the hanged relationship of Akashi and (F/N). Since (F/N) left him with just a note. However, four years after their graduation in Hig...