A Dragon's View [Book 1 in Ri...

By SilentSilverSlip

Seeryath is a three year old dragon with a horrible past, however things start to look up when she is taken t... More

Starting Songs
Prologue
Chapter I: Secret Powers
Chapter II: A Rider
Chapter III: Classes
Chapter IV: Session One and Two
Chapter V: Racing
Chapter VI: F for Teamwork
Chapter VII: Fly As One
Chapter VIII: Weapons
Chapter IX: Hide-Seek-Chase
Chapter X: Flashes
Chapter XI: Flashes 2
Chapter XII: Flickers
Chapter XIII: Competitions Part 1
Chapter XIV: Competitions Part 2
Chapter XV: Final Competition
Chapter XVI: Arle Mossk Tournament
Chapter XVII: Plans in Place
Song 1: Barefoot and Bruised
Chapter XVIII: Movement
Chapter XIX: Escaping
Chapter XX: Written in Ink
Chapter XXI: Danger Comes Knocking
Chapter XXII: Our Resistance Starts
Chapter XXIII: Waiting
Chapter XXIV: Battle for Control
Chapter XXV: Strength
Song 2: Uprising
Chapter XXVI: Allies
Chapter XXVII: Fighting Strength
Song 3: Vox Populi
Chapter XXVIII: Harbinger
Final
Rising Dragons: Book 2

Ode To A Dragon - For They Can Break Too

1.6K 130 46
By SilentSilverSlip

Just a note for you all, this has suicidal thoughts within it, and I don't recommend reading it if you're having a bad day or are likely to face problems due to suicidal/depressing thoughts. This chapter isn't important in regards to any of the books, and so can be missed without any issues. Look after yourselves everyone, you guys are important in life, and I appreciate each and every one of you. Remain strong, you've got this whether you do or don't agree.

Ode To A Dragon – For They Can Break Too

Maybe for a certain dragon (character) whose name remains unknown for now – just because you people get to wait longer for the real heartbreak to begin.

Reccomendation: Listen to the song, and its lyrics (additional song should also be listened to - it's at the end of the story)

It would've all been so different if someone had noticed. It was fairly well hidden; one would have to pay attention to actually notice. The problem was, although they paid attention they still weren't looking at him.

Every move his rider made was watched carefully, but that was just a dragon watching their rider right? Making sure nothing happened to their rider... right?

No one was around if his rider wasn't around, but that was fine. That meant that the dragon could be himself, he could ignore the world around him. In those moments far away, he was safe, safe from any outward attacks at least. Mentally... mentally was another story entirely.

Anyone approaching was watched by a wary gaze, and when was the dragon not seen in a defensive position? The dragon used to wonder why no one noticed, why no one cared for the change that had occurred. Did they really think it was just him growing up? Did they think his rider was him?

Oh, and how he wanted to call out for attention, but if he did that, what would happen to him? He might be safer not telling anyone... Yes, that was the best path to travel.

Any movement that occurred rapidly caused a flinch, it was noticeable but no one saw... What would happen if they had noticed?

The teachers, they should've spotted it, they should look out for this kind of thing. The dragon, alone once more, had raged and roared and cried at this. Only to fall down, laying helplessly and knowing no one looked because why would anyone look?

Who would think that this would happen? He was a dragon, his rider was human, it was almost impossible. Had it even happened before?

But that's the thing, in the end. He was a dragon, strong, proud, and he loved his rider more than anything. His rider was human, weak to a dragon, small to a dragon, and loved his dragon – or at least he should have.

His rider was cautious, careful, but for all the wrong reasons. The rider didn't want to be caught, and so he carefully planned everything. No one knew, and no one would.

Meanwhile, the dragon flinched at the smallest thing and shied away from any touch. But who would want to touch him anyway? Fighting was never any problem, and that was the only time anyone really tried to look – if only to see what his next attack would be.

Fighting was when he held the power when he could attack when he could defend. He could bare his teeth to the world and attack with claws, teeth, and everything he had. Growling, roaring, and a massive ball of rage, no one could withstand his attacks, except for one.

For how could he go against his rider? His rider was the world; to kill him was to kill his soul. Surely, surely, his rider still loved him no matter what. His rider had told him that before, multiple times before, just not in recent years... but that didn't matter. He loved his rider, and that was what mattered. He could love his rider enough so he didn't need love.

Once someone seemed to see it, and someone came up to him while he was alone, while he was safe. The other dragon just watched him, eyes sad, worried, and distrustful. He just growled, bared his teeth, and raised his wings. There was nothing wrong, everything was fine, he was a dragon!

The other dragon transformed to human and he followed, and when the now-human-dragon took a step forward, he almost fled, fear turning his legs to jelly. The other dragon knew then, he knew the truth, he would tell everyone. The dragon lied through his teeth, saying it was only the fact he was unarmed while the other dragon was that made him fearful. The other dragon knew, but there was nothing he could do, he had no proof anyway. The other dragon was smart, though, he got his rider to talk to the dragon's rider.

From it came pain, and rage, and tears, and hate. The dragon found himself curling up in a ball and passed out. He dreamt of younger years, he dreamt of memories where he could see the energy and beauty of everything. He remembered his first flight and seeing the stars and flying among the clouds. He remembered his rider laughing, and was reminded why he loved his rider.

He was a dragon, he was strong, he was proud, and he was powerful. His rider was human, strong, proud, and powerful. They were dragon and rider, they were rider and dragon, they were one, and they were two. They loved each other and would do anything for each other, and the dragon knew this.

So when he was alone, he lied to himself and promised himself that it was only a nightmare. On the worst nights, he raged and flamed at the world for letting something like this happen. He withdrew sometimes, becoming a faceless, emotionless minion. But he was a dragon and he was loved and he knew, he knew this.

So, so why did the other dragon think otherwise? Why did the other dragon think something was wrong? Why did the other dragon not understand that he was loved? Why did the other dragon think that his rider would hurt on purpose?

He blocked everything bad out in his mind. After all, his rider was good, he was strong, he was proud, and he was powerful. His rider was his leader and should be everyone else's leader. No one could go against him, and no one should.

One day, everything changed and he finally saw everything as it was.

He was a dragon, but he was weak, fragile, a coward and he loved his rider too much. He was blind, he was fearful, he was scared, and he had always been angry at the wrong people and dragons. His rider was human, greedy, selfish, corrupted, and manipulating.

He saw how everything was now; he knew what he could've done. Yet he had only one question as everything faded to black.

When had his rider changed?

He was a dragon and he was afraid of his rider. His rider was human, and he was abusive.

They were one, and they were two, and one was greedy and one was broken. They were two sides to the same coin, but one side was dented and the other was shining.

The dragon was never strong, he was never kind, and he was never gentle. He was never good. He was a dragon and he was scared. He was a dragon and he shied from touch. He was a dragon... but he was truly a mouse in spirit.

He was a dragon. He was abused by the one who should've loved him. He was broken now, far more than ever before. He was a dragon and never before had he wished he wasn't. He wished he had never met his rider. He wished he had never agreed with his rider. He wished he had gone against his rider before. He wished he had gone for help. However, he hadn't, and that couldn't be undone. He only had one wish that might come true.

He wished that he was dead.

Dragons can break, just like humans, but never think that dragons can't be controlled by fear. For all that they are, they are fire and rage and fearsome creatures, they still have emotions and a mind. Dragons, despite how scary they seem, are still attached to some humans. Dragons are powerful but there are more powerful creatures out there. Humans break and sometimes they can't be fixed. Nevertheless, the most beautiful things can come from broken things put together. Jagged edges can be smoothed, and some things can be melded to make something better. Humans just need to have what it takes. Nevertheless, dragons aren't humans and humans aren't dragons, and the bond between dragon and rider is something powerful between them. A dragon hurt by a rider or a rider hurt by a dragon, they break in some unexplained way. Can that ever be fixed?

Song: A Beautiful Lie – 30 Seconds to Mars

Additional Song: Lost it All – Black Veil Brides

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short story that I wrote for this book that you guys won't fully understand, but will later on. It's an apology and it's something special for me wrapped up in one. I'm writing the other chapter, I'm about eight hundred words in. It's a bit difficult though as I'm not sure exactly what to do for classes. I know the classes, but doing something in them... That's a bit more difficult. So I might start doing it not one at a time... I am an idiot, I'm sorry you guys have to put up with me as an author. I'll be better, besides I have an excellent idea and if I can pull it off...

Well, I'm getting tired of getting nowhere, I might push this plot forward soon! That'll be interesting, I wonder what your responses will be?

SilentSilverSlip/A truly horrible author/updater/writer/person 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 17.8K 39
Even when growing up, Elia didn't fit in with the other girls. They would dress up in dresses. She wore cloaks. They would cook and sew. She would th...
80.9K 3.9K 25
The Acadmey of Dragon Riding Excellencecy has been hiden for 425 years, but it had few riders. People were loosing their 'belief'. That, among other...
417 32 23
Kumaglak is a normal six year old kid from a village in Arctica, one of the six continents in the world Erdas. He is the son of Chief Tuktu one o...
696K 19.5K 39
/COMPLETED/ In a world where magic and dragons are admired, but very much real, girls and boys from all around the Human Kingdom wish to become Drago...